Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: ...Possible Rveals at SDCC (SPOILERS!!!) NOTE: ALL HEAVILY RUMORED...

Pass on Plundor,Nepthu & Hydron. Otherwise they look great.

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I always find threads like this funny because someone passes info to someone else, who then passes it to five others, who then pass it to someone else, and suddenly we have a new contender for Oracle of the Realm

There are a LOT of rumors going around now... a LOT. And some of them are likely true. A few likely originate from Scott in an attempt to muddy the water... why he feels the need to keep everything so secret is still beyond me... if the figures are good, they will sell regardless of whether or not the customers hear rumors.

I do think rumors are good though, because they cause a reaction from the customers and that forces Mattel to hear what we really would want, and what we wouldn't... though, by the time that is clear, it's usually too late.

I have been FAR less talkative publicly - many of you already know that because we speak privately. I won't go the route of declaring all the rumors that way... those days are gone... but that doesn't mean the rumors are lost It's not hard to find them...

Incidentally, I am going to disagree on the Loo-Kee rumor... I think he's coming... of course maybe he won't be at sdcc, but I don't think it will be too long before he shows his face

I disagree about a Loo-Kee / Kowl 2-pack... though there are two versions of Kowl rumored... I have a feeling the more iconic version will be used as a pack-in for something later than the less iconic version...
    ...I'd never dream of usurping your place as "Lord of Useful Future Information", LOL! I just got the above info yesterday and found it too compelling not to share!
    ..."Conceived in a Hell Beyond Your Depth of Perception... Designed and Directed by His Red Right Hand."
    ...Seriously looking for a gray Sir Laser-Lot sword from the Final Wars weapon-pack!!

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    Sky Sled? Really? That would be wonderfull
    I always hoped for a Mantisaur for Hordak to ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    When it comes to selling the subs, well:

Two Bad for the Vintage fans
    Glimmer for the POP fans
    Hydron for NA fans
    and Strongarm for the FILMATION fans

if thatīs their plan iīm sure it will pay off and itīs a good plan, now we have to see if itīs true…?
    I feel like this is the approach that got us into this fix in the first place. When they try to appease everyone, nobody wins. Vintage fans and POP fans could simply go to a reseller to get their figure under this roll-out assumption.

If they want to include NA in 14, fine. But do not announce one as one of the opening figures at SDCC. Nothing against Hydron, but he will hurt subs sales. Keep it A list vintage MOTU and pop for the 1st quarter. Strictly business.

Quote Originally Posted by Grouchor View Post
    I feel like this is the approach that got us into this fix in the first place. When they try to appease everyone, nobody wins. Vintage fans and POP fans could simply go to a reseller to get their figure under this roll-out assumption.

If they want to include NA in 14, fine. But do not announce one as one of the opening figures at SDCC. Nothing against Hydron, but he will hurt subs sales. Keep it A list vintage MOTU and pop for the 1st quarter. Strictly business.
    I agree. I love NA, but I can admit it's not terribly popular and is best left "hidden" at SDCC time.

Also, I wonder, if Nepthu is revealed at Mattypalooza, will he get booed?

Heroic Warrior
    That list is too good to be true.

Plundor and Nepthu? C'mon. Won't believe it 'til I see it.

Really? Do you think Hydrons reveal could be negative? I thought so far the NA characters "wowed" the most people since they proofed their better designed than most knew and the FOUR HORSEMEN show that perfectly in MOTUC.

AND he is no "no name" like Karatti

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    I agree. I love NA, but I can admit it's not terribly popular and is best left "hidden" at SDCC time.

Also, I wonder, if Nepthu is revealed at Mattypalooza, will he get booed?
    Oh please! With Scott"TOYGURU"Neitlich in the same room, everyone will cheer and applaud like last year with "boring" Randor!
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

What do people think of this possible line up overall? You think it's enough to drive sub sales for 2014?

One figure like Hydron will doubtfully make or break it, and frankly, he's actually a draw for me. I'd feel that I've completed my small NA hero set with him, anything beyond him for the good guys from NA is gravy.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post

Oh please! With Scott"TOYGURU"Neitlich in the same room, everyone will cheer and applaud like last year with "boring" Randor!
    I dunno, he could get the same uncomfortable silence that TMS was met with. I agree with you though, online reaction vs in person reaction varies.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Here would be my 2014 1Q line-up to be revealed at SDCC:

January: Two-Bad
    February: Glimmer
    March: Dragstor

Sub exclusive: Scorpia

You speak a lot of sense. Sorry NA fans, but Hydron would be a strike against me subbing again next year as it's a figure I'll need to sell. It's obvious we will be getting Hydron next year, but I'm not convinced he will be revealed at SDCC anyway. I'm thinking Glimmer (Jan), Two-Bad (Feb) and Ninjor/Eldor both in March, with one of those being the sub exclusive. Modulok being the Q1 item. Hydron is likely the April or May figure at a guess.
    10 figures I still need: 10/Peekablue, 9/Sssqueeze, 8/Lizard Man, 7/Hunga the Harpy, 6/Gwildor, 5/Filmation Clawful, 4/Mermista, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Here's some speculations from someone on the matty forums he got almost all of the NYTF reveals right so i found this interesting

Geldor
    Lord Dactys or Rio Blast
    Strongarm or Nepthu
    Skeleton Warriors (quarterly slot)

2014's REVEALS

Sub Exclusive - Eldor
    Two-bad
    Glimmer with Kowl $38 set
    Mermista
    Horde Trooper
    Stridor (quarterly Slot) Goatman-Travel exclusive
    Wants Crita Veena Angella Mermista Peekablue Tung Lashor EvilSeed LizardMan Prahvus Saurod Gwildor Ninjor Ssquueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Spinnerella Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreeElle Montork Miro Blast Attack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quakke Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizzor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Sunder Drissi Caz

Sub exclusive: Scorpia
    This would be a BAD business move. The part of the fan base that accounts for a large proportion of sub sales (Vintage MOTU fans) couldn't care less about Scorpia so she isn't an incentive to sub. She would be such a waste as a limited release given how well she would sell. Someone like Ninjor is a better option (not essential, but appealing enough to the vintage completists, who are certainly the biggest fan group who collect MOTUC)

They could sell more of Scorpia outside the sub (like Shadow Weaver) than she would get on the fence folks to sub. I'm betting lessons were learned with Shadow Weaver, who could have made them more money than she ended up doing in my opinion. Even Filmation fans would be uneasy subbing to get her since it's evident 2014 will be filled with many of the remaining vintage MOTU characters. A Filmation fan would be better buying Scorpia on the secondary market, as it's cheaper than having to buy a bunch of vintage stuff to get her. Maybe if they were guaranteed 3-4 additional Filmation characters in the main sub, otherwise it's an hard sell for a fence sitter if the only Filmation they get out of it is Scorpia. She definately has more value as a monthly release.
    10 figures I still need: 10/Peekablue, 9/Sssqueeze, 8/Lizard Man, 7/Hunga the Harpy, 6/Gwildor, 5/Filmation Clawful, 4/Mermista, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I have a source that can confirm the Geldor rumor.
    Hahaa good one dude!
    WE GOT ICER SO NO RIOT SIR (Laser Lot)

There's another 200x slotted in for this year right? Skeleton Warriors sounds about right or Dactus
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    *Two-Badd*~Snake Armor He-Man~Tung Lashor~200x Sorceresss~Calix ~*Mantenna*~*NA Skeletor*~200x King Hisss~Ninjor
    *Icer*~*Batros*~*Shokotti*

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    That list (in addition to what we are getting throughout the rest of the year) is fantabulous!

I can't wait to see what's coming up...... this time of year always has me chompin' at the bit!!! Especially because I can't make SDCC this year!

Also, even though this is still hypothetical, I was hoping for more New Adventures.....
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Also, even though this is still hypothetical, I was hoping for more New Adventures.....
    I think New Adventures might end up getting the very short end of the stick in MOTUC, unless we make it to 2015/2016.
    We should definitely get the big players like NA Skeletor, Flogg, Hoove, Hydron, Sagitar, Mara, and Darius.... and just maybe even characters like Quakke, Lizorr and Tuskador.
    I don't think we will see any variants of these characters, nor folks like Nocturna, Kayo, Vizar, Spinwit, Staghorn, Scientists, etc...

For the upcoming year, I think we are gonna see Hydron, Flogg and NA Skeletor (and maybe Sagitar).
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

I will be subbing for sure, but the 3 reveals i need to stop worrying about the line ending:

Two-Bad
    tung lashor
    Rio Blast

Horde troopers would be an added benefit...

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    I think New Adventures might end up getting the very short end of the stick in MOTUC, unless we make it to 2015/2016.
    We should definitely get the big players like NA Skeletor, Flogg, Hoove, Hydron, Sagitar, Mara, and Darius.... and just maybe even characters like Quakke, Lizorr and Tuskador.
    I don't think we will see any variants of these characters, nor folks like Nocturna, Kayo, Vizar, Spinwit, Staghorn, Scientists, etc...

For the upcoming year, I think we are gonna see Hydron, Flogg and NA Skeletor (and maybe Sagitar).
    Sadly, I have to agree.

The amazing work the 4H have done with the few NA figures we've been given is absolutely incredible. It really makes me curious to see what they could do with the entire cast!

Skeletor, Hydron, Flogg, and Sagitar would be more than welcome (and I'm sure they're pretty safe bets for MOTUC), but if the demand is there I would REALLY love to see a mini-sub dedicated to New Adventures. It's a long shot, but there are so many great characters that really need to be realized in MOTUC - by the 4H...
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Sadly, I have to agree.

The amazing work the 4H have done with the few NA figures we've been given is absolutely incredible. It really makes me curious to see what they could do with the entire cast!

Skeletor, Hydron, Flogg, and Sagitar would be more than welcome (and I'm sure they're pretty safe bets for MOTUC), but if the demand is there I would REALLY love to see a mini-sub dedicated to New Adventures. It's a long shot, but there are so many great characters that really need to be realized in MOTUC - by the 4H...
    Why do you guys have to disappoint me! I need my Quakke, Staghorn, and BUTTHEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    Not to get any one in trouble but I heard we will see

Geldor
    Castaspella
    Mantenna
    Batros
    Castle G.

But dont hold me to it
    Thank you. That was excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    I'll be honest - the more I think about Plundor in the line, the more I like the idea. He's one of those never-thought-he'd-get-made figures, and I'd love to see what the 4H do with him.

On those same lines, I have to admit that I had to look up who Nepthu was, but once I saw him, it came back to me...and while he's certainly by no stretch a truly fan-demanded character, I think he'd certainly make for a great action figure, especially with good accessories.
    As much as I resent the heck out of the fact that a rumored Nepthu's spot or Plundor's spot should go to Huntara and Masque... or Dylamug, Kothos, Magestra, etc., I will probably like them. I'm very curious to see what they look like, should they appear at all... I'm sure that nothing would please Mattel more than to pull them and replace them so they can say, "See? All those rumors were bunk!"

Quote Originally Posted by Romadon View Post
    he talks to captain howdy via the ouija board
    SHHHHH!!!!!

Kidding aside... It's not my info.. it's info gathered from people who, I believe, want it passed on... I don't think it's a mistake that I end up hearing a lot of this info... I've been very careful how I pass it on, and I have tried to be respectful. I've also never ratted out a source, nor trumpeted that I am the great seer It's just fun to talk about it and I think it's valuable for Mattel to hear a reaction... and since I spend a lot of Money on Mattel products, I want them to hear our reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    He gets it all from me, but I let him take the credit cuz I'm such a nice guy.

NOW GIVE ME MY 15 MINUTES OF FAME!!!
    Blast. Foiled again!

Quote Originally Posted by kolobosrexx View Post
    ...I'd never dream of usurping your place as "Lord of Useful Future Information", LOL! I just got the above info yesterday and found it too compelling not to share!
    I didn't mean to make it sound like I was accusing you of that... I should have worded it differently. It just reminded me of the last few years when things I had passed on were suddenly swirling around, and members who'd received the info 3rd or 4th hand posted it lol.. but it would have been better had it remained private (which is why I hadn't posted it in the first place).

Sticking to PMs is better... Public messages are fine if you know how to display a rumor without being super obvious
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    :Kidding aside... It's not my info.. it's info gathered from people who, I believe, want it passed on... I don't think it's a mistake that I end up hearing a lot of this info... I've been very careful how I pass it on, and I have tried to be respectful. I've also never ratted out a source, nor trumpeted that I am the great seer It's just fun to talk about it and I think it's valuable for Mattel to hear a reaction... and since I spend a lot of Money on Mattel products, I want them to hear our reactions.
    Its kind of funny though, when you start leaving your "hints", that it causes such panicked reactions from a certain brand manager. I wonder how many times they have altered release schedules in reaction to your hints?
    Its time for Electroid Love---ARAMESH in 2014!

Heroic Warrior
    A long as it's vintage heavy and I see at least Horde Troopers, Two Bad and a good looking Geldor, I'm fine...

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    Here's some speculations from someone on the matty forums he got almost all of the NYTF reveals right so i found this interesting

Geldor
    Lord Dactys or Rio Blast
    Strongarm or Nepthu
    Skeleton Warriors (quarterly slot)

2014's REVEALS

Sub Exclusive - Eldor
    Two-bad
    Glimmer with Kowl $38 set
    Mermista
    Horde Trooper
    Stridor (quarterly Slot) Goatman-Travel exclusive
    Now that would be a more awesome list than the first one. Scott said they would still throw in some surprises in 2014/15 and Goat Man would be just that, a cool surprise welcomed by many. It also looks like Nepthu (I don't even know how to spell his name) is not set in stone.

I think $38 is a bit pricey for a regular figure with just one little pack-in guy (remember Orko/Adam was $25) so maybe it's in fact Glimmer with Kowl and Loo-Kee, which also would explain where the rumors of a Kowl/Lookee 2-pak come from!
    Last edited by Grayskull's Heir; July 11, 2013 at 02:07am.
    Awesome sticker included!

Hmmm, maybe Nepthu will be in the regular sub and Strong-Arm in the Filmation sub! Can't wait for next Friday...