Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ...Possible Rveals at SDCC (SPOILERS!!!) NOTE: ALL HEAVILY RUMORED...

Heroic Warrior
    Both rumored lineups I like, but I hope we at least get to see Hydron, Modulok, and Strong Arm revealed at the con

if they reveal plundor....i will die and go to pink bunny man heaven....and then i'll come back from the grave to get plundor.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    :Kidding aside... It's not my info.. it's info gathered from people who, I believe, want it passed on... I don't think it's a mistake that I end up hearing a lot of this info... I've been very careful how I pass it on, and I have tried to be respectful. I've also never ratted out a source, nor trumpeted that I am the great seer It's just fun to talk about it and I think it's valuable for Mattel to hear a reaction... and since I spend a lot of Money on Mattel products, I want them to hear our reactions.
    Its kind of funny though, when you start leaving your "hints", that it causes such panicked reactions from a certain brand manager. I wonder how many times they have altered release schedules in reaction to your hints?
    Ok.
    I'll just be totally quiet then

I doubt it has affected much. Maybe once or twice.

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't secretly hoped that Nepthu was a false rumor.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Posted from iOS app

If this is true I'm really excited for:

Plundor
    Modulok
    Glimmer
    Strongarm
    Lord Dactys
    Kowl and Lookee
    Horde Troopers

The rest are meh to me. Even Two-Bad doesn't excite me and I had him as a kid. Didn't like him that much then either.

Quote Originally Posted by kolobosrexx View Post
    ...Been hearing some things around, possibilities of what will be shown for SDCC this year for MOTUC... This has been speculated at FWoosh also, but like I said, strictly rumor, so Caveat Emptor!

Filmation Sub: (these are already heavily rumored!)
    - Plundor
    - Nepthu
    - Seahawk

Monthlies/ect:
    - Modulok
    - Glimmer
    - Strongarm
    -Lord Dactys
    - Two-Bad
    -Hydron
    - Kowl & Lookie 2-pack
    - Horde trooper 2-pack
    -Geldor
    ...Discuss!!
    Boy if this is even close to accurrate, I'll regret subscribing. Out of ALL Filmation, Plundor and Nepthu!?

And that list for monthlies would be very anti-climatic. Where's Scorpia? Where's Madame Razz?
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

I don't care for any list that doesn't include a Battle Ram pre-order.

That being said, hooray for
    - Glimmer
    -Lord Dactys
    - Two-Bad
    - Horde trooper 2-pack
    and bah to the rest. I might like Sea Hawk and Hydron if done really well, and while I love the Horde I'm for some reason not all that excited about Modulok.

As for that other list, I'm sick of any 2 pack that isn't Horde Troopers or Hover Robots; I was ok with the Palace Guards since I saw that as them wanting to test the army builder waters, but the snake men set just annoyed me. As for the traveling exclusive, I think Goat Man is a terrible idea, as was Strobo. TOD Sorceress was great cuz I see that slot as an amazing way to get some brand recognition at smaller shows, so it should be a character the casual fan will recognize, like green Trap Jaw or 200X Evil-Lyn, not SUPER obscure characters.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

We were going to get Two-Bad, but then bcrduke dropped a hint about Two Bad and Scott chucked the sculpted proto out the Horsemen's window. Well, so they say.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kolobosrexx View Post
    ...Been hearing some things around, possibilities of what will be shown for SDCC this year for MOTUC... This has been speculated at FWoosh also, but like I said, strictly rumor, so Caveat Emptor!

Filmation Sub: (these are already heavily rumored!)
    - Plundor
    - Nepthu
    - Seahawk

Monthlies/ect:
    - Modulok
    - Glimmer
    - Strongarm
    -Lord Dactys
    - Two-Bad
    -Hydron
    - Kowl & Lookie 2-pack
    - Horde trooper 2-pack
    -Geldor
    ...Discuss!!
    None of these characters interest me except for Nepthu, once i get him then my collection will be complete.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Never heard of Nepthu til these supposed leaks. No interest initially, but I've grown to like the idea of him as a figure the Horsemen will knock out of the park if he's really coming.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    I heard Scott sculpted Nepthu himself this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Man View Post
    if they reveal plundor....i will die and go to pink bunny man heaven....and then i'll come back from the grave to get plundor.
    I'll be really bummed if Plundor isn't in one of the subs.

I do think revealing Hydron as a Q1 lure figure could be a mistake. Sure he's important to NA but many fans still haven't taken the faction to their hearts. Flogg would be less of a risk because he's a villain...

I'd throw in Lizard Man as his replacement - he's highly demanded and a Filmation character...obviously he's an original sculpt but it seems to me a no-brainer...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    At this point in the line if we don't get nepthu and plundor now, we may never get them so I am kinda rooting for them to get made now!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grouchor View Post
    I feel like this is the approach that got us into this fix in the first place. When they try to appease everyone, nobody wins. Vintage fans and POP fans could simply go to a reseller to get their figure under this roll-out assumption.

If they want to include NA in 14, fine. But do not announce one as one of the opening figures at SDCC. Nothing against Hydron, but he will hurt subs sales. Keep it A list vintage MOTU and pop for the 1st quarter. Strictly business.
    I totally agree!! I am a NA fan, but I would be dead against having any NA character as a sub lure shown at SDCC. You can bet that IF the sub fails to hit the minimum and we get the same hysteria as last year, some people will be saying they didn't sub because of Hydron - it will be a similar situation as FFM last year.

I would keep the reveals as vintage MOTU heavy as possible.

Characters like Tung Lashor, Dragstor, Modulok, Two Bad, Oo-Larr, S-S-Sssqueeze, Rio and even Blade would be good lures for the year - throw in visually appealing POP characters like Scorpia and Mermista (keep Glimmer for the middle of the year as she is a bland design) and you will get more subs.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I'll be really bummed if Plundor isn't in one of the subs.
    While he's not one of my desired Filmation guys, I'd honestly prefer Negator to him....I do believe that the 4H would make him look good, same with Nepthu....I like the Egyptian motif, and while his Filmation model was a little bare looking, there is so much that can be done with Egyptian dress as far as adding detail....plus I do like the Ankh.

I guess we'll see in a little over a week....damn just saying that I realized how close it is....!!! SDCC! Can't wait....MOTUC, finally new Classics / Generations Transformers!....Hell yeah.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I totally agree!! I am a NA fan, but I would be dead against having any NA character as a sub lure shown at SDCC. You can bet that IF the sub fails to hit the minimum and we get the same hysteria as last year, some people will be saying they didn't sub because of Hydron - it will be a similar situation as FFM last year.

I would keep the reveals as vintage MOTU heavy as possible.

Characters like Tung Lashor, Dragstor, Modulok, Two Bad, Oo-Larr, S-S-Sssqueeze, Rio and even Blade would be good lures for the year - throw in visually appealing POP characters like Scorpia and Mermista (keep Glimmer for the middle of the year as she is a bland design) and you will get more subs.
    NA leaves a bad taste in my mouth....but I've no doubt one of the damn reveals will be one....I am stuck with Karatti and NAHM, can't sell them, and I refuse to take a loss....my son will have 2 new figures before that happens, or used for customs.... But I don't want to buy figures I don't want. Thankfully so far it's only 3 figures I don't want....Geldor included.

I agree, Vintage and POP would draw people in the most....NA is a niche line within Classics, and should be reserved for an E-Mail reveal or something in a month or two. The figures at SDCC will be what either makes 2014 shine, or hammers the final nails in.... Scott had better have his A game and his very best figures ready, not ones someone could care less about. I think 2013 would have faired better had Mantenna been one of the SDCC reveals....but who knows.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

We can already take geldor for granted, not sure if we'll get to see horde troopers at sdcc thou, even if they are most certainly happening in 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I hope TG sees this. They need to be as cautious as popular. The NA characters (heroes especially) divide the community, even now.

Hydron would be a 'big news' reveal for any other con - but not SDCC.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Heroic Warrior
    Sorry not a super knowledgeable guy about the MOTU universe.
    If this was an actual list in what line do each of these characters belong? (filmation pop, vintage, filmation motu, NA)

Filmation Sub:
    - Plundor
    - Nepthu
    - Seahawk

Monthlies/ect:
    - Modulok
    - Glimmer
    - Strongarm
    -Lord Dactys
    - Two-Bad
    -Hydron
    - Kowl & Lookie 2-pack
    - Horde trooper 2-pack
    -Geldor

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    If they want to ensure subs meet the quota, they need to show Scorpia. She has been demanded for years, right up there with guys like Rammy. Scorpia to make this year go, Razz for next year.

The one figure I have doubts about in the rumored list is Lord Dactys. I know he's been mentioned a lot, but he would require a lot of tooling to do right, and I don't know if they are going to put those resources into a 2002 figure with so many vintage MOTU characters who need those resources.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I keep klicking into this thread to read bcrduke say "You forgot Dragstor in that list". Damn whishful thinking.

"Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    I do think revealing Hydron as a Q1 lure figure could be a mistake. Sure he's important to NA but many fans still haven't taken the faction to their hearts. Flogg would be less of a risk because he's a villain...

I'd throw in Lizard Man as his replacement - he's highly demanded and a Filmation character...obviously he's an original sculpt but it seems to me a no-brainer...
    I agree, NA wouldn't be a good lure into the sub. Mattel has to show pure heavy hitters for motivating people getting the sub.

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    I heard Scott sculpted Nepthu himself this time.
    I heard Nepthu was sculpted from a unicorn's horn.
    On Twitter @DualHares

Quote Originally Posted by hordeall View Post
    Sorry not a super knowledgeable guy about the MOTU universe.
    If this was an actual list in what line do each of these characters belong? (filmation pop, vintage, filmation motu, NA)
    Filmation MOTU -
    Strongarm
    Plundor
    Nepthu

Filmation POP -
    Seahawk

Vintage MOTU -
    Two Bad
    Modulok
    Horde Troopers

Vintage POP -
    Glimmer
    Kowl & Loo-Kee

2002 MOTU cartoon -
    Lord Dactys

New Adventures -
    Hydron

vintage MOTU minicomics -
    Geldor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Captain Howdy, that's not very nice!
    lol, classic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Thank you. That was excellent!

As much as I resent the heck out of the fact that a rumored Nepthu's spot or Plundor's spot should go to Huntara and Masque... or Dylamug, Kothos, Magestra, etc., I will probably like them. I'm very curious to see what they look like, should they appear at all... I'm sure that nothing would please Mattel more than to pull them and replace them so they can say, "See? All those rumors were bunk!"

SHHHHH!!!!!

Kidding aside... It's not my info.. it's info gathered from people who, I believe, want it passed on... I don't think it's a mistake that I end up hearing a lot of this info... I've been very careful how I pass it on, and I have tried to be respectful. I've also never ratted out a source, nor trumpeted that I am the great seer It's just fun to talk about it and I think it's valuable for Mattel to hear a reaction... and since I spend a lot of Money on Mattel products, I want them to hear our reactions.

Blast. Foiled again!

I didn't mean to make it sound like I was accusing you of that... I should have worded it differently. It just reminded me of the last few years when things I had passed on were suddenly swirling around, and members who'd received the info 3rd or 4th hand posted it lol.. but it would have been better had it remained private (which is why I hadn't posted it in the first place).

Sticking to PMs is better... Public messages are fine if you know how to display a rumor without being super obvious
    well for the record, I do appreciate all the info you relayed here, whether I liked or disliked a certain figure, it makes for great conversation.
    My tribute to MOTUC video using still photos of MOTUC figures with filmation music : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ibute-to-MOTUC

Heroic Warrior
    Regarding the nearly always accurate prognostications of bcrduke, I've decided that Mattel must want the info he imparts to be out there. As we've been told repeatedly, MOTUC is a very small line, and there really can't be all that many people working on it. If Mattel didn't want these hints out there, it would seem that they would be able to figure out bcrduke's sources with some bogus info pretty easily and plug those leaks. Heck, I kinda think that bcr's source is Mr. Neitlich himself.

Anyway, regardless of how it gets out there, I'm just glad it does. All these tidbits create buzz and keep the boards hopping, if not always happy.