Page 14 of 150 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Sub Thermometer Updates - Last update: 91% as of 8/19 7:17pm PT

I have to agree with most that I did read about not wanting to read this thread because of the reasons I just listed as well as the anxiety or not having this line continue (I'm missing A LOT of characters I've been waiting for for over 20 years) and this will probably be my last post to this thread. I have been subbing since this line came out. I consider myself a cherry picker, picking and choosing who to keep from my sub.

I also want to say that I don't think anyone is trying to "trick" anyone. Everyone knows that NA fans and POP fans have been waiting as many years as the Vintage fans to get awesome articulated figures like these as well and we deserve fair treatment as well. All figures in the MOTU/POP/NA mythos SHOULD be created in figure form, in my opinion.

I consider myself more or a POP fan than I am a Vintage He-man fan. Yes, I'm a guy and love POP. Yet, I 've subbed every year, selling off the figures I don't want. I have a shelf for POP, a shelf for Vintage MOTU as well as a shelf with mixed evil warriors and horde members. It might take a little while, and some hard hits (FFM) as far as selling figures you don't want, but it's possible; I'm proof.

For this 2013 sub I have kept 8....you read that number correctly, 8 figures and sold off the rest. Is it more work to go this route, sure, but my sub helped the 2013 year through to production. From selling and keeping the 8 figures, I did some math and each figure cost me about $27.00 a piece, I'm not joking here and being dead honest. That's less than one figure shipped with tax from Matty.

I'm sorry if this post is coming off a little perturbed, it just upsets me that people like me who do have more interest in POP can sub every year and keep the vintage, NA and Horde members I DO WANT in hopes to getting a complete collection. Out of all the factions, I like NA the least, but that doesn't mean I don't think those figures shouldn't be made. I kept NA He-man and WILL be keeping Hydron, because I think he looks freakin' awesome...BTW never owned any NA vintage toys, only Vintage He-man and POP. Goes to show you that the design can be appealing and not just "I'm a fan of only this or that."

I appologize in advance if my post offended anyone for whatever reason, that was not my intention. I just wish all fans can ban together to support each others nastalgia and get all of our most wanted figures to be made and shipped to our door.

That being said, I will be subbing this year, I haven't yet as I am trying to figure which route is best for me to go (given the option of saving on shipping by using the quarterly option, but am torn to have to wait months to get figures). All in all, I will be subbing by the end of this weekend so you can definitly count me in your sub numbers.
    Last edited by Loo-Kee; July 26, 2013 at 11:56am.

Heroic Warrior
    I am going to buy my one sub, as usual. But I am not going to stress out about whether the sub goes through or not. I said at the beginning of this line that I wanted "the whole collection." So I have bought every item in the line and will continue to do so. But I'm satisfied with the run MOTUC has had. If the line ends in December, I will feel a certain sense of relief.

If Mattel really wants the subscriptions to go through, they need to reveal more of what will be included in the subscriptions. Toyguru always comes back with there will be no excitement if everything is revealed or they can't reveal everything if something has to be changed. However, my argument would be there is excitement at different levels of a reveal:

1) Figure's name is revealed
    2) Figure's prototype/2-up is shown
    3) Final packaged figure is shown
    4) Figure is reviewed (esp Pixel Dan's reviews)
    5) Figure is received by customer

If subscriptions are so close to not going through, why not reveal what will be released if it will help sell more subscriptions? Fun Publications does a great job of revealing the figures in their subscriptions for Joes and Transformers. Mattel could learn something from them in this case.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    I think one of the biggest issues is that most of us (including Scott) are looking at this situation from a personal, hardcore fan perspective, and that's a huge problem at this stage of the game.

We can go rounds on semantical "A-list or D-list" debates all day long, but the fact remains all of the characters who would bring in substantial numbers of casual collectors (the type that made MOTUC the robust line it once was) have long been made already.

Now this isn't to say variants of some heavy hitters shouldn't be brought back, in fact that's what I think would've helped things out quite a bit over the last few years. And I'm not talking Laser He-Man or Snake Teela, I'm talking "I have the power" He-Man and Guard Captain Teela who would function as "signature" versions of those characters while still offering incentive for all collectors to "need" em.

And if anyone thinks those kinds of figures don't outsell Plundor or Dactys or even Glimmer 5 to 1, then we have nothing more to discuss.

Individual figure preorders (with substantial DOS quantity) should've been the name of the game for a while now. If Scott still wants to resist that it can only be because it would see all if his "pet" figures go down in flames on unsuccessful preorders instead if being able to "force" their inclusion via the broken sub system. That, and the sub model essentially forces subscribers to spend way more money than they would otherwise, since it would be highly doubtful that the same number of figures would have successful preorder quotas met. So I get it, it's just all self-serving.
    Last edited by Lay Ze-Man; July 26, 2013 at 12:24pm.

YES! YES! YES! Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    Yes they would, nobody wants to buy something they don't like, and if they have to...no DOS gives every figure value to sell off. I am a hugely dedicated fan, I have a sub, and thinking of getting a second to keep the line going, but I HATE seeing figures like PLUNDOR and HYDRON and I hope to get my money back on those figures and no DOS would guarantee that. I don't even sell them at thier EBAY value...I sell them at cost value to ORG members - real fans. I would be really happy...then we could enjoy a figure like Glimmer and Two Bad without worrying about how much money we lost on Hydron and Nepthu.

The 2014 thread are full of posts of great fans stating the same thing" I just want this figure this and that one..." Great fans all want to buy the subs...but DON'T WANT CRAP IN THE SUBS and with no DOS all the crap can be sold...because even those figures have fans.

It is not exactly what is happening now...a DOS means that a sub holder may not get full value for a figure they don't want...so why sub and support the line when I can just buy the few I want, and then maybe have to pass on a figure like Clamp Champ because they can't afford $85 for a figure. No fan should have to miss a figure they want in thier set!

I don't believe any of what Mattel or Toyguru says (no offense TG) when they say the subs sales are down....what scares me are all the posts I see of people saying I won't sub...I don't want a Plundor / Nepthu / Hydron / Unnamed One... I just want A, B and C... That scares me....we may not get A,B,C now....

It would be nice if some fans could sub and reap bonuses and others could cherry pick, and we all get our collection our way...but the reality is...that is not how this line and Mattel works. We need to give them their subs...so we get our figures.
    You keep throwing out terms like "great fans" and "real fans" (while lumping a New Adventures A-lister like Hydron in with some of the more poorly received character selections). That's not particularly endearing (not to mention hypocritical). If you were a "real fan", you'd appreciate all of the figures, wouldn't you?

$85 for Clamp Champ is a bit hyperbolic. He's averaging about $50 on eBay, which isn't off the charts for a secondary market figure. And as for "not missing a figure they want in their set", that's a fact of life. Talk to the people who subbed for Fisto.

You can't guarantee that there wouldn't be figures that would lose value. This would be year six of the line. Even if optimized, there are going to be less popular figures. And besides, it's not just the value of the figures themselves. I've lost as much money reselling this year in shipping costs as I have in selling below cost. Not to mention the time involved in the act of selling, and it can be a hassle. I did it for the first time this year, and while I don't necessarily regret it, I won't do it again.

In my opinion, you are taking hefty a leap of faith to say that ending DoS wouldn't alienate more people than it would attract. And with less people involved in the line, you would still have an issue unloading the less popular figures without taking a loss.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Ntumbuluku View Post
    I am going to buy my one sub, as usual. But I am not going to stress out about whether the sub goes through or not.
    I'm going to buy my MOTUC sub as usual also, but will definitely stress out until the bitter end about the sub going through. I will also sub on the DC side because I support Mattel continuing that line, even though I'm not uber excited about their offerings shown so far.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    In my opinion, you are taking hefty a leap of faith to say that ending DoS wouldn't alienate more people than it would attract. And with less people involved in the line, you would still have an issue unloading the less popular figures without taking a loss.
    Well said. Even if 2014 goes through, eliminating DOS altogether would effectively end the line. Eliminating DOS wouldn't encourage more 2ndary market buying, facilitating subbers to shed unwanted duds. Rather, it makes too many non-subbers walk away for good, leaving subbers holding the bag on all of it. And after a year of getting stuck with all figures (especially at this stage of the line, with all its Z-lister glory) exactly how many if those people will re-sub for 2015?

I could see no DOS on certain characters that wouldn't prove popular, like Nepthu or Plundor... But to not have DOS for Two Bad, Glimmer, Modukok, etc is just stupid. What was shown at SDCC for 2014 is strong enough to not require a sub model at all. There should be no question of the sub going through this year, the subs should be icing on the cake given the character selection ahead of us.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    I could see no DOS on certain characters that wouldn't prove popular, like Nepthu or Plundor... But to not have DOS for Two Bad, Glimmer, Modukok, etc is just stupid.
    Stupid like a fox, if you think about it. From a marketing perspective perhaps it's akin to slitting your own wrists, but in possibly encouraging future subbers to do so to help ensure they don't miss out on that treasured figure it's pretty genius. Devious genius, but genius none the less. More like Machiavellian, as their ends do truly justify their means--- in their own minds that is.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Stupid like a fox, if you think about it. From a marketing perspective perhaps it's akin to slitting your own wrists, but in possibly encouraging future subbers to do so to help ensure they don't miss out on that treasured figure it's pretty genius. Devious genius, but genius none the less. More like Machiavellian, as their ends do truly justify their means--- in their own minds that is.
    That would be a great strategy, if it were working, but it's clearly not. LOL And the one good thing is, we still have time to fix it. BUT will Mattel take advantage of it? There's no reason under the sun, at this point, to think that Two Bad, Glimmer, Blade, Scorpia, Modukok, etc can't support DOS. We all KNOW they can. We all KNOW after years of experience that these characters will sell out Day one. It might take a couple hours (I'd hope) but they'll sell out. It definitely won't take days.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Heroic Warrior
    I wonder how many people would cancel their Castle Grayskull order if the sub doesn't go through.

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    the subs should be icing on the cake given the character selection ahead of us.
    Thats there problem. They want their cake and eat it too....People are too easily fooled by the crys and woe of production cost of front man Scott Neitlich. True Fanbois need to wake up, If Mattel can afford to practically give away Previous Figures for Free to Big Lots, Things cant honestly be that shabby. While I feel like a kid again hunting to toy isles I'm appalled at this gesture it makes no utter sense...Big Lots must have bought a huge closeout, in the thousands...since there turning up country wide now. Another wasted opportunity Matty Collector could have had on a Cyber Monday sale for $15 a fig Plus Shipping. They must have sold them at wholesale for about 5 bucks apiece....and for what....No Big Lots shopper who discovers the line there isn't going to come to Matty Collector to quadruple the price and to get bent over the rail by DR. Theyll never learn because addicts keep coming back.

I wonder how many people would cancel their Castle Grayskull order if the sub doesn't go through.
    I will. I probably won't even keep half of my collection, just some key players. I have no use for en expanded universe that doesn't include key players like Glimmer, Hydron, Angella, Tung Lashor, Two Bad, etc. If I'm gonna be all in, I want all in. Otherwise I'm happy with about a dozen figures.

DOS on Spikor last July got me to become a subscriber of Club Eternia lite and Club Filmation. Most people want to start off with a collectible slowly and then jump fully in. DOS brings new collectors to the line plain and simple. Getting rid of it fully would really cut off any new fans from joining the fold. I do think however that they should keep on limiting select figures for no DOS like they did with Clamp Champ and Fang man. It lures those new collectors and cherry pickers to buy subscriptions.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Loo-Kee View Post
    Ok, so I haven't read through the entire thread for everyones post for two reasons: 1. I don't want to read about bickering and complaing and 2. the Negative comments.

I have to agree with most that I did read about not wanting to read this thread because of the reasons I just listed as well as the anxiety or not having this line continue (I'm missing A LOT of characters I've been waiting for for over 20 years) and this will probably be my last post to this thread. I have been subbing since this line came out. I consider myself a cherry picker, picking and choosing who to keep from my sub.

I also want to say that I don't think anyone is trying to "trick" anyone. Everyone knows that NA fans and POP fans have been waiting as many years as the Vintage fans to get awesome articulated figures like these as well and we deserve fair treatment as well. All figures in the MOTU/POP/NA mythos SHOULD be created in figure form, in my opinion.

I consider myself more or a POP fan than I am a Vintage He-man fan. Yes, I'm a guy and love POP. Yet, I 've subbed every year, selling off the figures I don't want. I have a shelf for POP, a shelf for Vintage MOTU as well as a shelf with mixed evil warriors and horde members. It might take a little while, and some hard hits (FFM) as far as selling figures you don't want, but it's possible; I'm proof.

For this 2013 sub I have kept 8....you read that number correctly, 8 figures and sold off the rest. Is it more work to go this route, sure, but my sub helped the 2013 year through to production. From selling and keeping the 8 figures, I did some math and each figure cost me about $27.00 a piece, I'm not joking here and being dead honest. That's less than one figure shipped with tax from Matty.

I'm sorry if this post is coming off a little perturbed, it just upsets me that people like me who do have more interest in POP can sub every year and keep the vintage, NA and Horde members I DO WANT in hopes to getting a complete collection. Out of all the factions, I like NA the least, but that doesn't mean I don't think those figures shouldn't be made. I kept NA He-man and WILL be keeping Hydron, because I think he looks freakin' awesome...BTW never owned any NA vintage toys, only Vintage He-man and POP. Goes to show you that the design can be appealing and not just "I'm a fan of only this or that."

I appologize in advance if my post offended anyone for whatever reason, that was not my intention. I just wish all fans can ban together to support each others nastalgia and get all of our most wanted figures to be made and shipped to our door.

That being said, I will be subbing this year, I haven't yet as I am trying to figure which route is best for me to go (given the option of saving on shipping by using the quarterly option, but am torn to have to wait months to get figures). All in all, I will be subbing by the end of this weekend so you can definitly count me in your sub numbers.
    I would agree, if this hobby wouldn't be so expensive... subbing for only a handful characters I want, wouldn't make any sense...

I think I was probably one of the first to Cancel after being let down by the first reveal. I really wanted to try and support with a faithful preorder because I could never afford a $700 sub. I was hoping that the first time Pre-Order system would open the gates to more tiered subs and pre-orders down the line. But they muffed that up too with more things that seem inconsistent and Scotts snarky schoolboy comments. Then on Scott's last RGD appearance when Val asked him if he was worried about cancellations He laughed it off saying that the cancellations are so few they mean nothing. Guess what Marketing Guy...if someone returns or refuses your product your suppose to take it with heavy consideration. Its called Brand Value!

I would sub right now today if I knew my wife would be ok with it (and not spend sooooooo much on my daughter's dance classes when she is only a slighly above average dancer).
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

Wow, very well said. I am glad to hear that I am not the only guy that likes the POP figures more than the He-Man. I have subbed since the beginning and was seriously thinking about not subbing and just buying figures on the secondary market. Your post made a lot of sense and it changed my way of thinking and convinced me to re-sub.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    From Toyguru:

MOTU fans,

I've seen a lot of emails and posts over the last few days about the meter and reaction to my post on Facebook yesterday that we are still tracking below expectations. Let me see if I can clear up some common questions.

1:The meter is 100% accurate. It is not a scare tactic. It was designed as a communication tool to let fans/customers know how close or far we are from the sub happening.

2:If the meter is not hit, what will likely happen is the 4 figures that are already tool'd (the ones revealed at SDCC) will be released quarterly and perhapes an item at SDCC. After that, that will be it. End of story. It is not a scare tactic, it is a truthful statement. MOTUC and in fact everything we do on Matty is a tiny tiny spec for Mattel. We continue to make these great toys because we love our fans, we love these brands and we want to keep them going. But the raw facts are in today's market we simply can't keep these high end low run collector lines going with out guaranteed customers. That is why we have the presale sub and the meter to communicate how far along we are.

3:We can't reveal additional figures simply because we don't have anyone far enough along to reveal. We can only reveal a figure after an internal milestone called "FPR" (Final product review). We revealed eveything at SDCC that had made it to this stage. Counting the "sneak peaks" at the panel and in the case on Sunday, we've revealed 5/12 monthly figures. So customers know about 1/2 of the entire year at this point! The reason we don't reveal more figures is because we don't want to show something that might not happen. For example, in the DC brand, a few retail figures were shown at NYTF in Feb. like Damien Wayne and a new Batman Beyond that were canceled. Have you seen the posts about this? The last thing we want to do is reveal a figure that might not happen. That is a lot worse, believe me. That is why we don't reveal figures that have not made it to FPR stage internally. We don't want to show something that might not happen or be changed. We need to wait until FPR stage to reveal.

4: A lot of the issues last year like QC and CS have really been tackled head on as promised. Combine that with our sub portal letting you easily change addresses or make adjustments as well as a new quarterly shipping option that will help save on overall shipping. Shipping is an area we just don't have as much control over, but we are doing everything we can and by offering a hold and ship quarterly option you will be able to save.

5: Again, I know fans want to see the entire year, but this is the 4th or 5th year of doing this.You guys know the drill and as noted above the reasons why we can't show further figs. They just aren't far enough along. And really, in today's market, the customers we need to keep all of the subs (and the Ecto 1) going are customers that are "all in" no matter what. It really shouldn't matter which figures we are doing, the type of customer needed to keep the line going, the customer that is the life blood of these lines is the type of MOTU (or DC) customer who wants anyone no matter what. In today's market we just can't build a line around cherry pickers. Subscribing isn't just about the bonuses of subing in like the Unnamed One, Early Access or less expensive figureds ($25 vs $27 day of). Sub'ing in is about supporting all of the figures and ensuring the line itself goes forward. The question is do we have enough of this type of customer? I think so! We did in 2011-2013!

6: We have indeed re worked the line up and as seen by our reveals at SDCC 23014 is packed full of A list charcters. No concept figures like the FFM or Vykron. 2014 and ideally 2015 will be all the figs we want to complete the line including vintage MOTU, vintage POP, A list NA figs and A list figs from other media like mini comics or animated series. The SDCC reveals should have confirmed this.

So to wrap up, I promise this is not a scare tactic or a roller coaster ride. The meters are 100% accurate and show the sub in level. Without hitting our goal, likely we will just release the first 4 figures and call it a day.We just can't keep these lines going without locked in support anymore.

Hope this helps. If anyone is not sub'ing in and you have a sepecific reason, please post here or over in Ask Matty MOTU/DC and I'll do all I can to address your questions.

Getting 2014 to happen will take all of us and a combined effort. No one wants to see MOTUC go away, but without the min number of sub holders, that is a very realistic possibilty. Not a scare tactic, not a marketing gimick, just us being as open and honest with our customers as possible!

Hope this helps! We can do this! I know we can! If everyone from 2011-2013 subs in we are golden. That is all it takes!

Scott

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Crystal Moonbeam & Shezar The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by domino View Post
    Wow, very well said. I am glad to hear that I am not the only guy that likes the POP figures more than the He-Man. I have subbed since the beginning and was seriously thinking about not subbing and just buying figures on the secondary market. Your post made a lot of sense and it changed my way of thinking and convinced me to re-sub.
    For any POP fans out there, I would imagine 2014 and 2015 will be the best years to sub. There are a good number of POP figures to make, and Mattel has given indications POP will be complete at the end of 2015 (along with the vintage MOTU line, and other brand heavy hitters). We're so close to finishing the dream line!

Quote Originally Posted by darthdrew13 View Post
    I would sub right now today if I knew my wife would be ok with it (and not spend sooooooo much on my daughter's dance classes when she is only a slighly above average dancer).
    Oh darthandrew13, welcome to my world. Your Daughter is #1 above toy collecting though. Those Dance classes are teaching her social skills, burning energy, building discipline, and may one day grace the entertainment industry. The toys on the shelves do none of those for your daughter. I actually sometimes have more fun buying my 4 year old toys and getting into affordable collecting like Lego minifigs. As something we can collect together, she loves it and picking out the blind bag.

Quote Originally Posted by seth-man View Post
    Oh darthandrew13, welcome to my world. Your Daughter is #1 above toy collecting though. Those Dance classes are teaching her social skills, burning energy, building discipline, and may one day grace the entertainment industry. The toys on the shelves do none of those for your daughter. I actually sometimes have more fun buying my 4 year old toys and getting into affordable collecting like Lego minifigs. As something we can collect together, she loves it and picking out the blind bag.
    I understand what you are saying but she was in 11 classes last year with private lessons 2x a month along with Show Company, Competition Company and the City's ballet troop. This rang up to $600 a month for a few months and was only as low as $200 for a couple of months - across the entire year. And like I said, she's a slightly above average dancer so there is NO WAY she'll be getting a dance scholarship to any dance school or college with a dance program. I totally like the social aspect, physical fitness, discipline, etc; but I just worry it is too much for an average person. This year, my wife is looking at increasing to 13 classes along with the side stuff (private lessons, etc). I want my daughter to have a great childhood, but with it costing me an average of an iPad per month, I think it's getting out of control. Oh, and my son gets what? Soccer. I wanted him in Karate as well and my wife is finally looking into it. I have a toddler too who just started a single class this year. So the whole thing starts all over again. UGH!
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

MOTU fans,

I've seen a lot of emails and posts over the last few days about the meter and reaction to my post on Facebook yesterday that we are still tracking below expectations. Let me see if I can clear up some common questions.

1:The meter is 100% accurate. It is not a scare tactic. It was designed as a communication tool to let fans/customers know how close or far we are from the sub happening.

2:If the meter is not hit, what will likely happen is the 4 figures that are already tool'd (the ones revealed at SDCC) will be released quarterly and perhapes an item at SDCC. After that, that will be it. End of story. It is not a scare tactic, it is a truthful statement. MOTUC and in fact everything we do on Matty is a tiny tiny spec for Mattel. We continue to make these great toys because we love our fans, we love these brands and we want to keep them going. But the raw facts are in today's market we simply can't keep these high end low run collector lines going with out guaranteed customers. That is why we have the presale sub and the meter to communicate how far along we are.

3:We can't reveal additional figures simply because we don't have anyone far enough along to reveal. We can only reveal a figure after an internal milestone called "FPR" (Final product review). We revealed eveything at SDCC that had made it to this stage. Counting the "sneak peaks" at the panel and in the case on Sunday, we've revealed 5/12 monthly figures. So customers know about 1/2 of the entire year at this point! The reason we don't reveal more figures is because we don't want to show something that might not happen. For example, in the DC brand, a few retail figures were shown at NYTF in Feb. like Damien Wayne and a new Batman Beyond that were canceled. Have you seen the posts about this? The last thing we want to do is reveal a figure that might not happen. That is a lot worse, believe me. That is why we don't reveal figures that have not made it to FPR stage internally. We don't want to show something that might not happen or be changed. We need to wait until FPR stage to reveal.

4: A lot of the issues last year like QC and CS have really been tackled head on as promised. Combine that with our sub portal letting you easily change addresses or make adjustments as well as a new quarterly shipping option that will help save on overall shipping. Shipping is an area we just don't have as much control over, but we are doing everything we can and by offering a hold and ship quarterly option you will be able to save.

5: Again, I know fans want to see the entire year, but this is the 4th or 5th year of doing this.You guys know the drill and as noted above the reasons why we can't show further figs. They just aren't far enough along. And really, in today's market, the customers we need to keep all of the subs (and the Ecto 1) going are customers that are "all in" no matter what. It really shouldn't matter which figures we are doing, the type of customer needed to keep the line going, the customer that is the life blood of these lines is the type of MOTU (or DC) customer who wants anyone no matter what. In today's market we just can't build a line around cherry pickers. Subscribing isn't just about the bonuses of subing in like the Unnamed One, Early Access or less expensive figureds ($25 vs $27 day of). Sub'ing in is about supporting all of the figures and ensuring the line itself goes forward. The question is do we have enough of this type of customer? I think so! We did in 2011-2013!

6: We have indeed re worked the line up and as seen by our reveals at SDCC 23014 is packed full of A list charcters. No concept figures like the FFM or Vykron. 2014 and ideally 2015 will be all the figs we want to complete the line including vintage MOTU, vintage POP, A list NA figs and A list figs from other media like mini comics or animated series. The SDCC reveals should have confirmed this.

So to wrap up, I promise this is not a scare tactic or a roller coaster ride. The meters are 100% accurate and show the sub in level. Without hitting our goal, likely we will just release the first 4 figures and call it a day.We just can't keep these lines going without locked in support anymore.

Hope this helps. If anyone is not sub'ing in and you have a sepecific reason, please post here or over in Ask Matty MOTU/DC and I'll do all I can to address your questions.

Getting 2014 to happen will take all of us and a combined effort. No one wants to see MOTUC go away, but without the min number of sub holders, that is a very realistic possibilty. Not a scare tactic, not a marketing gimick, just us being as open and honest with our customers as possible!

Hope this helps! We can do this! I know we can! If everyone from 2011-2013 subs in we are golden. That is all it takes!

Scott

Yeah ok, so whens the next Big Lots close out...J/K

In Seriousness though....If they only did a preorder system for the A-list reveals at SDCC I would and financially could buy them all.

I consider myself more or a POP fan than I am a Vintage He-man fan. Yes, I'm a guy and love POP. Yet, I 've subbed every year, selling off the figures I don't want.
    I'm in a similar boat. I was always more of a PoP fan too, and all I needed was to see Adora and I began collecting these figures. It's really a shame that we don't have more PoP figures by now. And the ones we do have all have some sort of QC issue (Except Bow). I wonder what Castaspella's big flaw will be? But seriously, I think there should be a PoP sub personally.

The problem with what he says about not being able to reveal stuff that might not happen, is that this has already happened. Two Bad, Glimmer, Modulok, and Hydron have all been revealed.....and they might not happen. How is revealing other upcoming potential 2014names any different? If the sub doesn't go through, they might release the 4 figures shown. That's not a guarantee.

I understand the potential uproar over showing figures and then they get canceled, but there's already a chance of that. Plus, there will be plenty of uproar if the 2014 sub doesn't go through, that's guaranteed.