Page 45 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 3726

Thread: 2014 Sub Thermometer Updates - Last update: 91% as of 8/19 7:17pm PT

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    10 NA figures would be ridiculous. Are we at 5 now? I guess we're going to get 3 more. That's a lot.

I guess we will hit 9 or 10 when all is said and done. In my opinion, that's pretty generous for a line which so few people actually would buy if not forced by a sub.
    Though I think you might be right, to me ridiculous will be getting all the she-ra characters plus scorpia (that's a lot of females) instead of some variety like Lizorr, Tuskador, Flogg and Sagitar. For me, for example, I could be done with the Vintage remaining characters, NA Skeletor, Lizorr, Flogg, Hoove and Kayo from NA, and Angella and Entrapta from She-ra. All that comes aside that is extra for me and it's welcome, but I won't feel my collection complete till I get all of the aforementioned.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    10 NA figures would be ridiculous. Are we at 5 now? I guess we're going to get 3 more. That's a lot.

I guess we will hit 9 or 10 when all is said and done. In my opinion, that's pretty generous for a line which so few people actually would buy if not forced by a sub.
    Between 1 and 2 a year seems perfectly reasonable, considering 16+ figures being produced a year. If the line goes another 2 years, including the previously announced Hydron, that's only 2-3 figures over the next two years (and 30+ figures). It's not like I'm advocating the "Tug-of-War guy" of NA (whoever that is) over someone like Ninjor.

I'm just reflecting back on the questionable character selection over the life of the line and realizing that many of those figures could easily fall into the category of "forced to by as part of a sub". Looking back, I'm just disappointed the NA figures (and for that matter, MORE of the PoP figures than we have gotten) weren't put in those slots.

More than DR (just barely), more than TG's occasionally-elementary public relations, more than QC: I think that the conscious decision to try to fluff the line to push it to 2017 is the most regrettable (and in hindsight, easily correctable) problem the line has had.
    Last edited by Prince Adam's Dad; August 1, 2013 at 08:58pm.

Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    Two Bad preorder is now sold out. It would be a shame if line ended because of sub sales because there are alot of collectors that don't sub. I'm on the fence about subbing for the first time.Financially it wouldn't make a difference because i could just resell the figures i don't want.I just am not a fan of the strong arm tactics of Mattel.
    So out of spite, you're not going to sub?? If there is no added financial burden, then definitely sub. There should be no question. As a businessman, I do not find Mattel's tactics out of place at all. The only way I guarantee product to my customers is when we are under contract. This protects both of our interests. If I overstock a product, with no guaranteed sales, I run the risk of losing a fortune. So I gauge the best amount of stock to hold for my customers. But this does not insure that I will always have product for everyone. And a small line like MOTUC for Mattel is comparable to a small product that I stock that does not sell much. I certainly would consider dropping a product if there is not enough guaranteed sales to cover the expenses, manpower and risks associated with it. Nothing strongarm about this. It's just good business.

The only real difference is when I stop carrying a product, there may be other businesses that the customer can go to. In the case of MOTU, the road begins and ends with Mattel. If this line stops, there isn't another company to go to for MOTU. it's over.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, CAMO KHAN, LODAR, EVIL ROBOT, ROTAR, TWISTOID

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    This is exactly what I want as well. Essentially we all knew it was going to be mostly & should be mostly Vintage characters made. Let's make them & be done. Then they can go on & make whatever else they want. I do want more 200x,POP,Mini Comic,POG & Concept characters. But right now in the MOTUC line we need these(vintage) figures to come out. Fairness in the Factions? Don't believe in it & never will. There is just an overwhelming abundance of Vintage figures still needing to get Classicized.
    Overwhelming? Vintage MOTU only needs 13 more.

Rio Blast
    Extendar
    Gwildor
    Rotar
    Ninjor
    Twistoid
    Blade
    Saurod
    Tung Lashor
    Sssqueeze
    Blast Attack
    Dragstor
    Multi-Bot

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

For the case of playing devils advocate I am sure there are far less NA fan's than vintage or Filmation fans or whatever, but that doesn't mean the NA fans who have subbed and supported this line for years despite only ending up with a handful of figures don't deserve guys like Flogg and Tuskador (And Staghorn please Scott!) before the line ends. Anyway, why are we still arguing about factions? Some people like NA, some don't, some people like POP, some don't. We all like MOTUC... and MOTUC involves all of these figures.

I could have sworn it says "stay on topic" in the thread title...
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

I don't think it's a travesty. Travesty would be if the 2014 sub didn't go through. Then no Hydron,Flogg or NA Skeletor for you. And no Vintage,POP,200x or Filmation for me. I just think there are more important characters to have than any said NA figure. At least you're getting some. More than I thought would be in this line so far actually. Here's to hoping 2014 goes through.
    At least Vintage has all of it's core/major/iconic characters. The line could die and Vintage MOTU is well represented, with only Two-Bad and Modulok (who are the only guys left who were in cartoons) missing.

NA doesn't even have the leaders of it's factions yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

Rio Blast
    Extendar
    Gwildor
    Rotar
    Ninjor
    Twistoid
    Blade
    Saurod
    Tung Lashor
    Sssqueeze
    Blast Attack
    Dragstor
    Multi-Bot
    Don't forget FF's He-Man,TC Skeletor,Buzz Saw Hordak,LL Skeletor & LP He-Man. Very exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    More than DR (just barely), more than TG's occasionally-elementary public relations, more than QC: I think that the conscious decision to try to fluff the line to push it to 2017 is the most regrettable (and in hindsight, easily correctable) problem the line has had.
    I totally agree. I might add that if they were going to fluff the line, to let the 4H design one original character a year and make it part of the sub lure. Draego Man was a huge success I thought.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

At least Vintage has all of it's core/major/iconic characters. The line could die and Vintage MOTU is well represented, with only Two-Bad and Modulok (who are the only guys left who were in cartoons) missing.

NA doesn't even have the leaders of it's factions yet.
    I didn't know they had factions. So NA heman & NA Skeletor aren't the leaders in NA? Sorry for the ignorance. Who are the leaders?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    For the case of playing devils advocate I am sure there are far less NA fan's than vintage or Filmation fans or whatever, but that doesn't mean the NA fans who have subbed and supported this line for years despite only ending up with a handful of figures don't deserve guys like Flogg and Tuskador (And Staghorn please Scott!) before the line ends. Anyway, why are we still arguing about factions? Some people like NA, some don't, some people like POP, some don't. We all like MOTUC... and MOTUC involves all of these figures.

The whole reason why we have Era Wars™ in this line is because Vintage fans are afraid that the line will die before we can get to making all of the Vintage characters.

The Era Wars™ relates to the sub, because the possibility of non-Vintage characters turns off Vintage fans from subscribing. Glimmer is so iconic to POP and Filmation fans, she escapes the usual POP hatred, but Hydron is another matter. A lot of fans don't know or care who the character is, let alone his importance to the era that he's from.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't know they had factions. So NA heman & NA Skeletor aren't the leaders in NA? Sorry for the ignorance. Who are the leaders?
    He-Man and Skeletor are the most important characters in NA, but their forces already had official leaders. Hydron is the leader of the Galactic Protectors and Flogg is the leader of the Space Mutants.

It's sort of like how MAA is the official leader of the Masters/Heroic Warriors in MYP, but He-Man is the MVP of the group.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget FF's He-Man,TC Skeletor,Buzz Saw Hordak,LL Skeletor & LP He-Man. Very exciting.
    I've never counted variants, since most fans think the individual characters are the most important. I figured the line can make them later.

And is there a point to making Buzz-Saw Hordak?

The whole reason why we have Era Wars™ in this line is because Vintage fans are afraid that the line will die before we can get to making all of the Vintage characters.

The Era Wars™ relates to the sub, because the possibility of non-Vintage characters turns off Vintage fans from subscribing. Glimmer is so iconic to POP and Filmation fans, she escapes the usual POP hatred, but Hydron is another matter. A lot of fans don't know or care who the character is, let alone his importance to the era that he's from.
    I know Max, I just don't know why every thread has to degenerate (or evolve depending on how you look at it) into the same old arguments. I don't collect POP but I would be sad for all the POP fans if they didn't get their figures. Personally I would love to see more 200X in the line... but at the end of the day any figures are better than no figures. I just wish we could all be a little more huggy and a little less "I want Rio Blast before Flogg or I will destroy the internet!"
    The Lurkiest

You are correct. We should see a new % on the Matty site tomorrow. I'd love to see it between 45% & 50%. I'll be putting in my 2 subs tomorrow.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar

I'm gonna admit you're right about this.

I really have been impressed with NA MOTUC figures so far, but I don't believe they have the popularity of even the D-lister vintage or POP, simply because He-Man 1989 was not a success like the 80's lines. NA figures are a risky business, at a time the line can't take risks.

I really hope NA gets its time in the sun in 2016. But now is not the time to risk these lesser eras when we're so close to finishing the vintage MOTU and POP lines.

- - - Updated - - -

He-Man and Skeletor are the most important characters in NA, but their forces already had official leaders. Hydron is the leader of the Galactic Protectors and Flogg is the leader of the Space Mutants.

It's sort of like how MAA is the official leader of the Masters/Heroic Warriors in MYP, but He-Man is the MVP of the group.

- - - Updated - - -

I've never counted variants, since most fans think the individual characters are the most important. I figured the line can make them later.

Yes. Is there a point in making Flogg? Speculation....No seriously Buzz Saw Hordak is the "Unnamed One."

Without action feature (as he would be done)... nope.

I know Max, I just don't know why every thread has to degenerate (or evolve depending on how you look at it) into the same old arguments. I don't collect POP but I would be sad for all the POP fans if they didn't get their figures. Personally I would love to see more 200X in the line... but at the end of the day any figures are better than no figures. I just wish we could all be a little more huggy and a little less "I want Rio Blast before Flogg or I will destroy the internet!"
    As we approach the limit of this all-in-one strategy, the more you're going to hear it. We might squeak by this year but I have serious doubts about next year now that two of the biggest vintage holdouts have been shown.

...And is there a point to making Buzz-Saw Hordak?
    Which begs the question if the Unnamed One is so awesome, why not reveal him now and help mitigate the Hydron apathy?

I really hope we're done with He-Man/Skelly/Hordak variants after NA Skelly. Unless of course we're talking Oolar.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    Which begs the question if the Unnamed One is so awesome, why not reveal him now and help mitigate the Hydron apathy?
    Because The Unnamed one has influences from the movie (he looks like God Skeletor) and they either don't want to let us know they have the rights yet, or they haven't gone through on time to reveal the figure. The figure itself isn't Skeletor, it is the all powerful Snake god guy but he has the same general costume shape. The alternative head Scott has mentioned is a Skeletor one so we can represent Skeletor when he briefly gains this power in the movie.

Hey... a guy can dream right?
    The Lurkiest

Rio Blast
    Extendar
    Gwildor
    Rotar
    Ninjor
    Twistoid
    Blade
    Saurod
    Tung Lashor
    Sssqueeze
    Blast Attack
    Dragstor
    Multi-Bot
    And that's not even a years worth of figures.... plus there's enough room in a second year....plenty of spaces left for other figures mixed with Vintage over 2 years.

Buzzsaw Hordak is pointless in Classics, and I'd rather substitute Filmation Hordak for him. He is basically Hordak with a hollow chest, just give Filmation Hordak a Buzzsaw accessory for Classics Hordak to hold and call it a day.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Because The Unnamed one has influences from the movie (he looks like God Skeletor) and they either don't want to let us know they have the rights yet, or they haven't gone through on time to reveal the figure. The figure itself isn't Skeletor, it is the all powerful Snake god guy but he has the same general costume shape. The alternative head Scott has mentioned is a Skeletor one so we can represent Skeletor when he briefly gains this power in the movie.

Hey... a guy can dream right?
    Ha, nice. Guess that's part of the strategy to get everyone projecting what they think would be coolest. I just hope against hope they had the 4H design him from the ground up.... and not like Horde Prime.

Some of these could be done by just releasing the pieces to add to your existing figures. You don't even need a full figure for most of these.

Multibot and probably the Twistoids wouldn't be general monthly slots either, they'd be quarterly, as would the variants, so that leaves even less vintage for normal monthly releases.

For the record, I'd be campaigning just as hard for vintage (Especially the 3 movie figures) if they were under-represented or at risk of not having someone important to the mythos made.
    I didn't like/love NA until I learned about them through classics. And I get that most of them are not a priority compared to what's left of Vintage and POP. I was very satisfied with Scott basically saying Hydron and Flogg as that would tie off the main representation from NA. What shocked me was the backlash of people trying to deny NA fans even those piddly 2 slots.
    As for POP, a lot of the main players haven't been released. We're finally just getting to them now and it's a nail biter. There are 8 or 9 left, I want them all, but I'd be happy with 5. That's not a lot. Those fans, and my collection, deserve Angella, Glimmer, and Mermista minimally.
    If the fans of these properties are on board to buy subs to help you get your figures, and they're only expecting, what, 4 slots out of a year, maybe 5? You can't support them back? That's just not cool IMO.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine View Post
    Heavily Rumored and Most Likely:
    Extendar
    Mermista
    Space Mutant Skeletor
    Queen Angella
    Madame Razz
    Gwildor
    (Strongly hinted that another Movie Figure would be released)
    Flogg
    I have a feeling Madame Razz and Gwildor will be split between 2014 and 2015 due to the unique tooling on both. Hopefully we get Razz first!
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I have a feeling Madame Razz and Gwildor will be split between 2014 and 2015 due to the unique tooling on both. Hopefully we get Razz first!
    Will you riot if we see Gwildor first?

You are correct. We should see a new % on the Matty site tomorrow. I'd love to see it between 45% & 50%. I'll be putting in my 2 subs tomorrow.
    I'd like to think we had a nice bump this week. Aside from the percentage number I don't think there has been a movement since late last week/last weekend.
    Say cheese!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vearn View Post
    Though I think you might be right, to me ridiculous will be getting all the she-ra characters plus scorpia (that's a lot of females) instead of some variety like Lizorr, Tuskador, Flogg and Sagitar. For me, for example, I could be done with the Vintage remaining characters, NA Skeletor, Lizorr, Flogg, Hoove and Kayo from NA, and Angella and Entrapta from She-ra. All that comes aside that is extra for me and it's welcome, but I won't feel my collection complete till I get all of the aforementioned.
    this.
    I don't think that flutterina, perfuma, sweet bee are more important than lizorr, sagitar, kayo, vizar....

Quote Originally Posted by Delthaindia View Post
    this.
    I don't think that flutterina, perfuma, sweet bee are more important than lizorr, sagitar, kayo, vizar....
    This is where the differences in opinion come into play.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!