Page 1 of 150 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Sub Thermometer Updates - Last update: 91% as of 8/19 7:17pm PT

Heroic Warrior

2014 Sub Thermometer Updates - Last update: 91% as of 8/19 7:17pm PT

Please click here to subscribe for 2014!!!

MOD NOTE:

Updated 8/19 (Night time update):

Hey all - just to nip some of this in the bud... remember to keep the talk about the subs and the toys, not each other. Don't complain about complaining. Or complain about complaining about complaining. Although emotions can run high around this time of year, a few handy hints I try to employ - especially this time of year:

1.) Once you've posted your thoughts about something, consider whether you need to post about it again. Are you adding anything new to the conversation if you do? Or are you just trying to hammer a point home? Is that constructive? Sometimes people start to take you less seriously if you raise the same talking points over and over and they don't evolve or have a fresh spin now and again.

2.) Please remember to be respectful to other board members and those involved in the toy line. We're all human beings here. We can speculate (and sometimes it's fun) but most of us do not have any inside knowledge on how things work. Calling people liars, idiots, etc. is just not kosher here. And you might be horribly wrong.

3.) Remember that everyone has a right to express their opinion in a constructive way. Sometimes that might be a bummer, especially if you don't like their opinion. But the answer isn't to try to shut them up or write them off. Engage with them and respectfully detail why you disagree. Or, simply ignore it without comment and go post about things you enjoy.

Now is the time to try to be extra nice to your fellow fans and extra compassionate towards them as it can be a truly stressful time for the people wanting more and more MOTUC. Which I think is most of us.

Thanks, and happy posting!

MOTUC - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...3-july-10th%2F

Matty has provided a new update to the thermometer for MOTUC and DCU Club. See links for side by side comparisons.

DCU Club - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...3-july-10th%2F

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Nice...his boots are officially on fire!!!

We should see a spike after SDCC....I know I'm waiting until after....
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

It's all a conspiracy! The sub is gonna go through no matter who subscribes, and Mattel already filled them all anyway! It's theft and racketeering! Mattel killed Kennedy! AUUUUUUUUGH!

Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    It's all a conspiracy! The sub is gonna go through no matter who subscribes, and Mattel already filled them all anyway! It's theft and racketeering! Mattel killed Kennedy! AUUUUUUUUGH!
    You sir... are just talking crazy!
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    We should see a spike after SDCC....I know I'm waiting until after....
    I'm waiting until after SDCC too.
    Not because I'm undecided regarding MOTUC, but because I'm undecided about DC & I want to make sure I purchase my sub (or subs) all at the same time, to ensure combined shipping (well, as much as DR is capable of combining shipping anyways).

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    Which Kennedy?

I'm waiting for the SDCC reveals to decide how many subscriptions I am going to order.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Edward. He was killed at the bridge, and they had a stand-in for three decades after.

I'm waiting to order my sub AFTER I get a confirmation on my Castle Grayskull order getting cancelled. I don't want to order my sub and then try to cancel my castle order and have DR end up cancelling both.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    I'm waiting for the SDCC reveals to decide how many subscriptions I am going to order.
    Same here. I just would like to know more of the line up and Sub Exclusive before I decide how many.
    As we express our gratitude,
    we must never forget that
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

Heroic Warrior
    I hope we see He-Man with a fire crotch before too soon!

Then we'll be almost halfway there!

I'll be subbing after SDCC, just cuz. I want to be part if that massive hike!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

I'm subbing after the SDCC reveals as well.

I'm subbing when and if I see Loo-Kee.

No Loo-Kee, no sub.
    Check out my blog, Toy Review Daily: A New Toy Review, 366 Days a Year! http://www.toyreviewdaily.com

Quote Originally Posted by MaxGoof View Post
    I'm subbing when and if I see Loo-Kee..
    Oh no! You won't see him. He's hiding.

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    It's interesting to see that over at The Four Horsemen's Kickstarter for their "Raven" line of figures, that it's gained more then 20% of its intended goal in the first hour its been open. Fans are told about ALL the figures involved, and not expected to blindly commit without knowing what they're getting for their money.

Is this comparable to Matty's "Club Eternia"? Admittedly, Mattel's goal is probably far greater then FH's $65,000, but still, I believe that using Kickstarter, and telling fans EXACTLY what they're getting for their money is a far better model then the one currently used by Mattel. Agree? Disagree? And why? What would you do if you were in charge over at Mattel?

There is something very sad inside me that makes me check that picture every day to see if it has jumped. I think I need help.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic Warrior
    Mattel is limited in what they can reveal due to many other factors involved compared to the 4H. The 4H are a privately owned company and are not tied down as much as Mattel.

But you are right about it being better to see what fans are paying for in advance and don't have to buy into a blind purchase.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    The only function of that thermometer is to get more people to buy more subs...
    No matter how many people subscribe - it won't read "goal reached" before the sub sales are over. And in the meantime Scott will do his "you can do it, fans! mumbo-jumbo" as usual.

I'm so frustrated by that crap already.
    I can't wait for the sub sales to be over...
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by MOTUC Mantenna View Post
    Mattel is limited in what they can reveal due to many other factors involved compared to the 4H. The 4H are a privately owned company and are not tied down as much as Mattel.
    I still don't understand what Mattel is tied down to, I personally believe Scott likes the attention of doing the SDCC reveals and such, I think it's a limit he placed on the dept himself. I don't think it has anything to do with anything else.

Anyway how come there is no Minimum mark for the Club Eternia sub??
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post

Anyway how come there is no Minimum mark for the Club Eternia sub??
    I think it's the tip of He-Man's sword. It's all or nothing for Club Eternia, baby!!

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by geooco View Post
    Which Kennedy?
    The VJ from MTV in the mid-90's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    The only function of that thermometer is to get more people to buy more subs...
    No matter how many people subscribe - it won't read "goal reached" before the sub sales are over. And in the meantime Scott will do his "you can do it, fans! mumbo-jumbo" as usual.

I'm so frustrated by that crap already.
    I can't wait for the sub sales to be over...
    100% correct. Like I said last year, it's TG's job to sell the line. If the thermometer is filled, it makes people less likely to buy multiples to "help the line". It doesn't make fiscal sense to meet the minimum before the cutoff date.

Does anyone actually believe that we ordered 45% of the target number of subs on the last day last year?
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    The VJ from MTV in the mid-90's.
    Meanwhile, in some remote, out of the way locale, a lonely Kennedy just lifted her eyes skyward and whispered "Thanks. Thanks for remembering me".

Quote Originally Posted by The Blue Beetle View Post
    It's interesting to see that over at The Four Horsemen's Kickstarter for their "Raven" line of figures, that it's gained more then 20% of its intended goal in the first hour its been open. Fans are told about ALL the figures involved, and not expected to blindly commit without knowing what they're getting for their money.

Is this comparable to Matty's "Club Eternia"? Admittedly, Mattel's goal is probably far greater then FH's $65,000, but still, I believe that using Kickstarter, and telling fans EXACTLY what they're getting for their money is a far better model then the one currently used by Mattel. Agree? Disagree? And why? What would you do if you were in charge over at Mattel?
    I used to love the surprise factor of not knowing who's coming and getting that reveal at grand events like SDCC, Power Con, and NYTF. However, since the "glory days" of MOTUC appear to be over, and the ability to meet the minimun goal is more difficult than it used to be, I think it's time to reassess that strategy. Mattel can always put the caveat that the lineup is subject to change, which should satisfy any legal objections.

Knowing who is coming before committing to a year-long subscription of action figures is understandable. I don't think you have to reveal that sculpts, since they all won't be done during the subscription period, and that still provides enough interest and surprise factor to satisfy fans. If it would help to sell subs, and it's harder to do than it used to be, I don't know why you wouldn't do it.