Page 2 of 150 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Sub Thermometer Updates - Last update: 91% as of 8/19 7:17pm PT

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    I used to love the surprise factor of not knowing who's coming and getting that reveal at grand events like SDCC, Power Con, and NYTF. However, since the "glory days" of MOTUC appear to be over, and the ability to meet the minimun goal is more difficult than it used to be, I think it's time to reassess that strategy. Mattel can always put the caveat that the lineup is subject to change, which should satisfy any legal objections.

Knowing who is coming before committing to a year-long subscription of action figures is understandable. I don't think you have to reveal that sculpts, since they all won't be done during the subscription period, and that still provides enough interest and surprise factor to satisfy fans. If it would help to sell subs, and it's harder to do than it used to be, I don't know why you wouldn't do it.
    i absolutely agree and, while it's incredibly tempting to place the blame on ToyGuru's ego, that just tends to put people into a frenzy. it's hard for me to not see Scott's direct fingerprints on some of the ongoing problems of the line.

there's NO REASON AT ALL that the line up couldn't be revealed in total. as previously mentioned, it takes considerable lead time to produce the figures in the first place. something as simple as a line list, maybe bolstered by the one-sheets they must be creating for control purposes, would help alleviate anxiety over unwanted figures. the release month wouldn't even be necessary. keeping customers in the dark has never seemed like a good idea. surprises are for Christmas, not on an increasingly expensive, increasingly niche product line.

Snappy Threader
    There will be a huge spike after SDCC, but I agree with many others, it won't be goal reached until the day after the deadline. Good sales and marketing sense tells us that. They would be foolish to show the goal met before the cutoff.

master of hiphop
    agreed!!! 100%

never show your hand!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    There will be a huge spike after SDCC, but I agree with many others, it won't be goal reached until the day after the deadline. Good sales and marketing sense tells us that. They would be foolish to show the goal met before the cutoff.
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

I always thought they should just do some big sales promo with like 40 names sprinkled in, that would give plenty of wiggle room & keep us talking.

"Hey toy fans! 2014 is that GLIMMER in our eye. We know you'll have a BLAST. ATTACK the missing holes in your collection with a sub! We can't give you a PEEKABLUE, but there are hints if you LOOKEE hard enough. We are going to SQUEEZE in all your favorites! It would be TWO-BAD if you miss out! Don't DESPARA or QUAKKE in fear, subs available until August 8th. Don't DRAGSTOR your feet though! EXTENDAR the fun for another 12 months! You'll never be sorry you MERMISTA figure, because you'll automatically get them all. Such great reveals, your head will SPINNERELLA! See what all the BUZZ SAW HORDAK is about at our Matty panel get there on the DOUBLE! TROUBLE deciding? We don't want to STRONG ARM you, but the line up is really SWEET! BEE there! Early Access for subscribers to purchase ELDOR merchandise & new product before non subscribers. Be a HE-RO!".... yadda, yadda, yadda.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    I always thought they should just do some big sales promo with like 40 names sprinkled in, that would give plenty of wiggle room & keep us talking.

"Hey toy fans! 2014 is that GLIMMER in our eye. We know you'll have a BLAST. ATTACK the missing holes in your collection with a sub! We can't give you a PEEKABLUE, but there are hints if you LOOKEE hard enough. We are going to SQUEEZE in all your favorites! It would be TWO-BAD if you miss out! Don't DESPARA or QUAKKE in fear, subs available until August 8th. Don't DRAGSTOR your feet though! EXTENDAR the fun for another 12 months! You'll never be sorry you MERMISTA figure, because you'll automatically get them all. Such great reveals, your head will SPINNERELLA! See what all the BUZZ SAW HORDAK is about at our Matty panel get there on the DOUBLE! TROUBLE deciding? We don't want to STRONG ARM you, but the line up is really SWEET! BEE there! Early Access for subscribers to purchase ELDOR merchandise & new product before non subscribers. Be a HE-RO!".... yadda, yadda, yadda.
    That is brilliant!!! Love it!!
    “Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ― Apple Inc.

UHM, that was just absolutely brilliant!!!

And that's a year I'd flip over.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Posted from iOS app

master of hiphop
    Love it.. word play at it's finest

Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    This would make me buy a sub as soon as I finished reading it! Excellent work!
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    UHM, that was just absolutely brilliant!!!

And that's a year I'd flip over.
    Quote Originally Posted by AGE View Post
    Love it.. word play at it's finest
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    Thanks guys! I'm glad you liked it. I had fun writing it, probably a little too much.

Any chance we might get 1 more update before SDCC? I'd like to see closer to his knees by then, but I'm not worried as I know 2014 is gonna make it!

Not to FLOGG a dead CHARGER, but I sure LIGHT HOPE 2014 is a possibility, not an IMPossibility. Ok, I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    2nded or 3rded or whatever! I love the idea too.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Any new updates? Where is the thermometer on Matty's site? I haven't been able to find it yet...
    Posted from iOS app

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    The Horde Trooper is going to determine how many subs I get and what I do overall with number of subs which is all I'm waiting on. If I don't see what I want, I may drop back to two subs. If I do like what I see and the Horde Troopers are involved, I may go up two to six subs or more. I'm not buying any more FFM schemes and purchasing large amounts of product nobody wants and then be told I fan demanded the toys bc that was the only way I could get a Ram Man. Mattel must make what the customers want, and then the wallets will fly open.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Looks like the boots are almost filled up. More than I would have expected at this point, actually.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Jeremy View Post
    The Horde Trooper is going to determine how many subs I get and what I do overall with number of subs which is all I'm waiting on. If I don't see what I want, I may drop back to two subs. If I do like what I see and the Horde Troopers are involved, I may go up two to six subs or more. I'm not buying any more FFM schemes and purchasing large amounts of product nobody wants and then be told I fan demanded the toys bc that was the only way I could get a Ram Man. Mattel must make what the customers want, and then the wallets will fly open.
    I believe the Horde troopers will be in this years sub not 2014.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

I agree!
    Its not about showing the figures (but knowing the names)!
    I don't care what months either...just the names.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    This is what I assumed as well. Most have been predicting that the $50 item this year is a two-pack containing these soldiers.

Although based on the remark above where someone said they may get up to 6 subs if it includes the Horde Troopers, perhaps Matty would be better to hold off until 2014 after all!
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    Any new updates? Where is the thermometer on Matty's site? I haven't been able to find it yet...
    It's on the subscription purchase page.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    +1. That is awesome Clawful Ofit!

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Maniac, I have no idea how I missed this. Didn't mean to ignore it. Thank you as well!

Stygian360, Stratos*Major & Haephestus glad you guys liked it too.

There's no way the thermometer is actually attached to sales. It just goes up based on time or a set schedule.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'm subbing one this year. i got to cut back on cost
    sad cuz i like having two of some characters.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    This is what I assumed as well. Most have been predicting that the $50 item this year is a two-pack containing these soldiers.

Although based on the remark above where someone said they may get up to 6 subs if it includes the Horde Troopers, perhaps Matty would be better to hold off until 2014 after all!
    Yep, Horde Troopers will be the 4th quarter 2013 Quarterly item for $50.

Evil Master of Ducks Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    I used to love the surprise factor of not knowing who's coming and getting that reveal at grand events like SDCC, Power Con, and NYTF. However, since the "glory days" of MOTUC appear to be over, and the ability to meet the minimun goal is more difficult than it used to be, I think it's time to reassess that strategy. Mattel can always put the caveat that the lineup is subject to change, which should satisfy any legal objections.

Knowing who is coming before committing to a year-long subscription of action figures is understandable. I don't think you have to reveal that sculpts, since they all won't be done during the subscription period, and that still provides enough interest and surprise factor to satisfy fans. If it would help to sell subs, and it's harder to do than it used to be, I don't know why you wouldn't do it.
    If they announce the whole lineup for the year before the sub period ends, I will purchase a second subscription JUST because they did that. Here you have it, my commitment in writing. I do not worry about having to make good on this, though. Or if I have to back out unexpectedly, I can blame Chinese New Year, the need to reduce costs in painting my apartment or explaining that my yard sale wasn't a success because it didn't sell out in five minutes.

I support this line because the final product is usually outstanding. But when a genuine mistake is made, I find the explanations given by Mattel to be unacceptable.
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Happily invading Castle Grayskull with hippos is my true hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Jeremy View Post
    drop back to 2 subs? Wha wha what? I cannot fathom, nor wish too, why anyone would have enough sub's to "drop back to" 2 subs. Maddness.

But hey, thanks for supporting the line.

Anywho, yeah, I'll sub my one per usually, though as poor as I am it's pasically irrisponsible to be doing this at all at this point.

Maniac, I have no idea how I missed this. Didn't mean to ignore it. Thank you as well!
    Now worries my friend
    “Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ― Apple Inc.