Page 3 of 150 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Sub Thermometer Updates - Last update: 91% as of 8/19 7:17pm PT

Does anyone remember from last yet after we were agonizing over whether or not we were going to have enough subs sold for 2013, that Toyguru released a video informing us that not only did we reach our goal, but enough subs were sold that allowed him to go through with another project? Almost like there was another benchmark we didn't know about...(not that I'm complaining). I'm just wondering how many potential benchmarks there are this year.
    Posted from iOS app

Am hoping now that most are returning from SDCC and getting settled back into the normalcy of everyday life- and more importantly have had a chance to see 2014's excellent MOTUC product offerings- that they will sub up soon! The 'flame' indicator on He-man hasn't risen much since the reveals, which is somewhat troubling, but again I'm sure most are still getting back to the world and haven't had a chance to buy in.

I guess the one thing that assuages my anxiety most is the knowledge that people subbed up really hard for 2013 and that was without the knowledge that the year would be literally chock full of heavy hitters as 2014 will be. Given that it should be an absolutely gimme that 2014 will get the requisite number of sub holders. That being said there obviously are no guarantees, so I'll be watching the 'meter' closely probably right to the end.
    Last edited by Stygian360; July 22, 2013 at 01:45pm.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Am hoping now that most are returning from SDCC and getting settled back into the normalcy of everyday life- and more importantly have had a chance to see 2014's excellent MOTUC product offerings- that they will sub up soon! The 'flame' indicator on He-man hasn't risen much since the reveals, which is somewhat troubling, but again I'm sure most are still getting back to the world and haven't had a chance to buy in.

I guess the one thing that assuages my anxiety most is the knowledge that people subbed up really hard for 2013 and that was without the knowledge that the year would be literally chock full of heavy hitters as 2014 will be. Given that it should be an absolutely gimme that 2014 will get the requisite number of sub holders. That being said there obviously are no guarantees, so I'll be watching the 'meter' closely probably right to the end.
    I haven't purchased yet. Just dragging my feet...but I will.

I'm waiting for next payday.

Yep...waitin' on payday...
    "Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar." - Marilyn Manson

Me too. Just waiting until Thursday.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not sure, but there might be a little update in the thermometer!

The update from July 10th was: MOTUMeter_fullsizeimage710.jpg

The new jpg. is named: MOTUMeter_fullsizeimage719.jpg

But there is only a small difference in the new picture!

I hope it isn't the update from after the sdcc-weekend! We need a much bigger jump after San Diego!

Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    Does anyone remember from last yet after we were agonizing over whether or not we were going to have enough subs sold for 2013, that Toyguru released a video informing us that not only did we reach our goal, but enough subs were sold that allowed him to go through with another project? Almost like there was another benchmark we didn't know about...(not that I'm complaining). I'm just wondering how many potential benchmarks there are this year.
    In future years we will probably get the same "tier one" and "tier two" options like what the IE sub got with two Doomsdays. Although now that I say that, the obvious choices would have been tier one=Filmation Modulok, and tier two=full toy Modulok, but we're already getting him. I really don't want to think about the subs not going through--but I don't think anyone does which may actually hurt the sub sales. At least there's no giant three pack to blame this time.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I'll likely sub, but not until close to the closing date. No point in being charged for the sub figure until the very last minute, since it will then go on the September bill I bet a lot of folks are waiting until August to buy their subs.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Traveler
    i always sub... last year i was going to just do one, but then felt the pressure to step up to my standard two. with the SDCC reveals, i immediatley bought the two subs. im very happy with two bad (plus the other stuff too)!

Quote Originally Posted by king.of.grayskull View Post
    I'm not sure, but there might be a little update in the thermometer!

The update from July 10th was: MOTUMeter_fullsizeimage710.jpg

The new jpg. is named: MOTUMeter_fullsizeimage719.jpg

But there is only a small difference in the new picture!

I hope it isn't the update from after the sdcc-weekend! We need a much bigger jump after San Diego!
    Perhaps the 710 and 719 translate to 07/10 and 07/19, and the update was BEFORE any of the reveals. I sure hope so. If that's the "post SDCC bump," then we are in serious trouble.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    Perhaps the 710 and 719 translate to 07/10 and 07/19, and the update was BEFORE any of the reveals. I sure hope so. If that's the "post SDCC bump," then we are in serious trouble.
    Yes! I think you are right! Most likely it's the update from 07/19!

I am not going to stress and i personally don't think any person not employed by Mattel should be doing marketing for them this year. Last year was so depressing and IMO wrong. The way we were scared into over buying just to hit a garbage quota that we have to blindly believe is accurate. Honestly, if the propaganda starts i will just avoid the org until after the 19th because I'm not interested in reading doom and gloom from my favorite hobby. The video where he compared buying this line to buying a coffee every day still resonates with me as the saddest marketing attempt ever. I love MOTU but i will not support people buying excess subs to hopefully save the line. I truly believe resellers make up the majority of sub holders anyway. I will buy 2 subs again, and i hope everyone else just buys what they actually want as well.

What's the point of a thermometer that won't measure actual temperature??

I know, the effort of updating it from time to time must be really painful, yet it would be highly appreciated..

Evil Spaghetti Eater Kobra Khan's Avatar
    I buy only one sub every year, but I take it as soon as possible. I did the same this year, buying it in June.
    Anyway if 2014 is full of heavy-hitters resellers may want to buy multiple subscriptions, helping our cause.

I think and hope we'll see a jump after this week, once everyone is home from comic con.

I wish they would tell us, we need X number of subs for the year to go through and we currently have however many
    A PONY!!!

"I think it's time to admit the truth, I never grew out of wanting to be a vampire slayer... and probably never will"

I think people should save themselves some stress and just ignore the thermometer. I mean, if you're going to sub and you've subbed, that's really all you can and should do. If Mattel really wants our money and wants to keep making MOTUC, let them figure the rest out. Either 2014 goes through, or it doesn't. This year, I've decided to just not worry about it either way.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by Kobra Khan View Post
    I buy only one sub every year, but I take it as soon as possible. I did the same this year, buying it in June.
    Anyway if 2014 is full of heavy-hitters resellers may want to buy multiple subscriptions, helping our cause.
    Heavy-hitters? The heavy-hitters have already been released. The line is down to a few B-listers and mostly C-listers and D-listers. Re-sellers probably already know how many subscriptions they plan to order based upon their past sales data. Don't forget Mattel has a habit of including less desirable characters in the latter part of the year. I doubt any major re-sellers are going to increase their subscription orders for 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I think people should save themselves some stress and just ignore the thermometer. I mean, if you're going to sub and you've subbed, that's really all you can and should do. If Mattel really wants our money and wants to keep making MOTUC, let them figure the rest out. Either 2014 goes through, or it doesn't. This year, I've decided to just not worry about it either way.
    Perfect advice!

Heroic Warrior

Updates to Sub Progress?

Anyone have the slightest idea the frequency they update the subscription meter? It doesn't look like its been changed at all since before SDCC last week.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

It has definitely gone up. It's above the knees now. Long way to go. Bet we make it, though.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

They said on the matty forums that they would try to update the meter twice a week until the end of the sub drive

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    It has definitely gone up. It's above the knees now. Long way to go. Bet we make it, though.
    We still have 27 more days, it'll happen

Is there any way to know if the online retailers ordered their subs yet?
    Last edited by Veronica Mars; July 23, 2013 at 04:11pm.
    A PONY!!!

"I think it's time to admit the truth, I never grew out of wanting to be a vampire slayer... and probably never will"

It is adjusted again. Frankly, I expected a bigger bump from SDCC.

It will be another long Summer. Hopefully resellers pull us through in the end.

It's in there best interest to not have it go up to fast.
    "Problems Weaver?"
    Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Is-rael View Post
    It's in there best interest to not have it go up to fast.
    Thank You! Some fans are definitely forgetting that the meter is a TOTAL marketing tool.
    Don't expect us to get anywhere near the goal until the last possible second.
    If there wasn't the "scare factor", the subscriptions wouldn't perform nearly as well.
    If some people were on the fence and they already knew the subscription was at its goal, they might take their chance with "day-of sales."
    I can guarantee you that the MOTU subscription drive push will continue to the last possible minute, but maybe not with all the doom & gloom of last year.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by Grouchor View Post
    It is adjusted again. Frankly, I expected a bigger bump from SDCC.
    Not this soon after, the con only ended 2 days ago, lot of people are probably still getting home and recouping.
    A PONY!!!