Page 4 of 150 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Sub Thermometer Updates - Last update: 91% as of 8/19 7:17pm PT

There is no way to know how honest and transparent they are about this. BUT a lot of subbers will be waiting until the 1st of the month to sub for financial reasons. And the big re-sellers will all wait until the very last day.

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    There is no way to know how honest and transparent they are about this. BUT a lot of subbers will be waiting until the 1st of the month to sub for financial reasons. And the big re-sellers will all wait until the very last day.
    Yep, that's another very good point. Each subscription "costs" $25 with no product (or return potential for resellers) until January 2014. That is a huge financial capital committment for the resellers, as well as a possible financial hurdle for fans on strict budgets. Some fans may be waiting for a specific payday before they enter their subscriptions and all of the resellers are going to wait until the last possible minute.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    Yep, that's another very good point. Each subscription "costs" $25 with no product (or return potential for resellers) until January 2014. That is a huge financial capital committment for the resellers, as well as a possible financial hurdle for fans on strict budgets. Some fans may be waiting for a specific payday before they enter their subscriptions and all of the resellers are going to wait until the last possible minute.
    It costs $25 PLUS they apparently tie-up another $25 for each sub for a few days. That's $50 for each one. If you want two, that's suddenly $100. You time that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    Actually, the membership fee is tied up until April when the sub exclusive comes out. We still get charged for the January figure.

I am far (like waaaaaaaaaay far) from a conspiracy theorist but even I have to admit the thermometer is BS. It has never once been shown going over the goal with any time to spare, even a single day. And as other people have said, why would they?

Heroic Warrior
    MOTUMeter_fullsizeimage723.jpg

Update from today!

Yeah, didn't move much. Hopefully the resellers haven't bought in just yet.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Heroic Warrior
    I was also expecting a higher jump!

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    looks to be at roughly 33 percent!

Matty has spent a lot of money so far to think they don't expect the goal to be reached and get returns on that money. The whole sky is falling act is just good marketing, of course they want to get way more then the bare minimum of subs. Look at how Apple handles iPhone releases, oh we are running out, then wow we sold 8 billion phones with their best Taylor Swift awe shucks face.
    "Problems Weaver?"
    Posted from iOS app

There doesn't seem to be much of a push this year... Like someone said on here, it's hard to find the subs sale pages easily. Last year there was a splash ad you went on the the Mattycollector page. They seem more intent to push the overpriced Ecto-1. Plus there's been nothing from Scott in terms of doom and gloom. They must be pretty confident so as not to strong-Or everyone into subbing
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

they finally updated it... hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by king.of.grayskull View Post
    I was also expecting a higher jump!
    ditto here as well... hmm... Guess its time to grab the whip an megaphone an head over to the sub drive thread an get started again this year.

They need to reveal the sub exclusive proto. They should also reveal the second quarterly item.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Posted from iOS app

Evil Spaghetti Eater Kobra Khan's Avatar
    This He-man shade is cool but I'd rather have a simple meter like in 2012...
    Pasta la vista, baby!

Vintage NA characters in MOTUC! After Vintage and POP this era needs to be completed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    they finally updated it... hmmm....

I think He-Man is going to be uncomfortable soon.
    "Problems Weaver?"
    Posted from iOS app

.... and in reality, it's up to his thumb.

Waiting for the Matty push-

The Sub Marine wants YOU to buy a subscription! Drop and give me $25!

The Sub Sand Witch says buy a 2014 subscription. It's hot, it's fresh and it's 12 months long.

NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    DYLAMANIA IS RUNNIN' WILD! THE MOB IS GROWING!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    They need to reveal the sub exclusive proto. They should also reveal the second quarterly item.
    Agreed BTW I already bought 2 subs
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

What happened to that extra reveal they promised if He-Man's FB page gets new 500 likes? Did it get the likes? Did they reveal the extra figure? This thermometer is still way too low.

Can anybody give me hard proof that the thermometer is a ruse, the subs are never in danger (they will go through no matter how many or how few sub), and it's all a cojnspiracy on Mattel's part? Because I hear the accusation, and the burden of proof is on the accusers... but where's the proof?

Also, if anybody says, "I don't need proof," or "Just look at it" as proof, then they lose the entire debate forever and ever. Please offer actual proof. Maybe something from the company, like a leak or statements from former employees, or business memos or hard financial data or something to prove that it's all fake.

Was hoping for a bigger leap after the reveals.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    Can anybody give me hard proof that the thermometer is a ruse, the subs are never in danger (they will go through no matter how many or how few sub), and it's all a cojnspiracy on Mattel's part? Because I hear the accusation, and the burden of proof is on the accusers... but where's the proof?

Also, if anybody says, "I don't need proof," or "Just look at it" as proof, then they lose the entire debate forever and ever. Please offer actual proof. Maybe something from the company, like a leak or statements from former employees, or business memos or hard financial data or something to prove that it's all fake.
    You and I are usually on the same wavelength but in this case I just don't think the meter means anything. I personally do not see any reason to even put it out there other than to create a little panic. Why not just have the sub drive and when it is all over just say whether they met their goal.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Funny how people can quickly forget about good things when they're at last coming & knocking at their doors...
    So according to your words, SDCC reveals were anything but good?
    So Mattel should start showing what's really incentive from this moment on?..Wow !

Well without knowing what dollar amount needs to be achieved its hard to take any measuring system seriously other then a cool marketing tool. For me there is no illuminati controlling things behind the scenes it's just simple marketing to sell a product.
    "Problems Weaver?"
    Posted from iOS app

I think the reveals were good enough. Actually, not just good enough, they were pretty awesome. They made me subscribe and I didn't subscribe in 2013.

However, bcrduke has a point - we do need some more info on the exclusive figure. People are now speculating, saying that Unnamed One might be Gorpo etc. Too much mystery can be a double edged sword.