Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe: Tribal Clash (alternate universe, redesigns etc...)

Iīm amazed how much expression you can put in your charaters faces with only a few lines. Queen Marlena looks simply amazing!

And all the different body sizes for the "knights" cool stuff! The only critic(and itīs not even a proper critic to be fair) is the way He-Ros sword will never fit into his sword holster, these two things are very differently shaped

I really like your work!
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Thank you Niki, too kind, I'm glad you liked the new figures!

Well, your critique is absolutely pertinent and right. The holster didn't make any sense, actually, and I changed it.
    Thanks again. ^_-

And the story continues...way to go my friend! I love them all, but I have to say the burly Randor & the large golem Extendar are my favorites of these 2 new awesome entries!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 6.1.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Heroic Warrior
    just now seeing the bad guys.

I like Webstor and Tri-Klops

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Wow these are awesome man! Very creative and thinking out the box. I really dig the Skeletor, panthor and evil Lyn one as well as Webstor, Whiplash and Moss Man
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Awesome designs! I really dig the stylized anatomy, and the colours are full of life. The Beastman and Two Bad are brilliant! Keep it up
    www.BOSATSU.com < My art portfolio

I know I must sound boring, guys, but I want to say thanks once again.
    Jafari, midor, Orko's, Bosatsu. Thank you all. Every single word you write here is inspiring and motivating for me to try and do something better next time.

Second row, part 2! Moar MotUs!

I'll continue this new series with a few main (for me, at least) characters that I left out of the first one.

M&T photo 18MegatorTrapJaw_zps50db6f3a.png

Megator: I started to draw Megator as soon as I finished Tytus, a while ago, but I wasn't happy with the result so I scrapped it and waited for some fresh inspiration.
    The point is, what I love of the classic/MotUC toy is its strong 'Harryhausen-monster-feel' and that was exactly what I wanted to change for my redesign, aiming for something new but at the same time faithful to the original character. Watching - for the third time, lol - Trollhunter helped me quite a bit, as you can see... Megator is now a giant troll with all his weapons and pieces of armour removed, in order to give prominence to his wild and solitary attitude (reason why I kept the skull reference intact on his belt).
    Shape, proportions, pose... Everything is intentionally twisted and unrealistic and this is because I wanted to capture on this first sketch a few elements of his way of walking and moving, which I imagine extremely slow, heavy and wonky.
    Trap Jaw: here's another character I admittedly had no clue how to fit into my TC setting. I think I was trying too hard and that somehow blocked me. Tried to imagine his new role, some new appearance which would be cool and coherent at the same time and only got stuck. Then again, I found the inspiration in the most natural and obvious solution. Since Skeletor is now this bloody cult spread all over Eternia - where evil priestesses perform all kind of rituals and sacrifices in its name - and Trap Jaw has always been Skeletor's right-hand man and master of weapons... Well, what if he's now his phyisical weapon, as a vicious, hunchbacked executioner (maybe Evil-Lyn's personal)?

SP photo 19StonePeople_zpscd4063c6.png

Stone People: quite literal, isn't it? XD Seriously, this was another early concept I wanted to get done almost straight away, without thinking about it twice.
    First of all, I didn't like the idea of having elemental creatures on my alternate universe. People made of water, wind, fire... I know Stinkor is a zombie (who needs to explain zombies, btw? They're the most self-explainatory subject ever! ) and I drawn Moss-Man quite similar to a tree-man (he isn't actually and I imagine him breathing and bleeding just like everyone else), still I wanted to keep Tribal Clash free from anything that wasn't somehow corporeal. So, jumped over the predictable idea of a rock-men tribe, I imagined those MotUs as the opposing force to Skeletor's worship...
    According to ancient tales, Stonedar, Granita, Quartzina and Rokkon are alien gods descended on Eternia hundreds of thousands of years ago to help its inhabitants and watch over their evolution. Their myth is represented by these man-made statues which can be found in temples - usually built with precious gemstones like emeralds and rubies or gold-painted stone - as well as in the wild, where people stop by to pray and offer their gifts (they may keep them in their houses as well, in form of good-luck charms).
    Oh, and I'm thinking of some connection with alien-Zodak, although I'm still not entirely sure about it.

C&S photo 20ClampChampSpikor_zpsf43b4ad2.png

Clamp Champ: nothing really special to say about him.
    I love Game of Thrones and the character of Drogo, so I wanted to pick up a MotU who would be a respectable lookalike. Dunno why, I immediately thought of Clamp Champ, now a crude yet valiant head-man of a warriors tribe. I had fun in trying and changing his signature weapon into something fitting, so I came up with this giant, double halberd.
    Spikor: once again, scrapped since the very beginning the idea of turning him into a monster, I tried this alternate route of changing him into a human. When I did Man-E-Faces, a while back, I introduced the 'gladiator' class and then I felt like it would be nice to have more fighters of the same genre, in order to give more variety to the whole cast and having more fun in designing more wicked armours (Spikor seemed perfect to me, with his thorny shell and deadly trident).

That's all, for now! Coming next, the Evil Horde.

As usual, if you want to have a look at the whole gallery, please head up here http://g-for-galdelico.deviantart.com/gallery/42653044 (please note that some pics are unedited and slightly nsfw, there).
    Last edited by Galdelico; November 19, 2013 at 06:32am.

Your Comet warrior statues are my favorite from all your pictures up till now!

very well down and so amazingly drawn!

I īm still stunned, i love them!
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I love this art..... Hopefully we will see She-Ra soon?
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Niki, thank you!
    What you wrote made me feel real good. I tried many different rendering solutions and was never completely satisfied, so I decided to go for a proper painting style and came up with that. Thank you once again. ^_-

Angel, thanks to you too and sure, She-Ra is gonna be here relatively soon, straight after the Evil Horde.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    amazing work: very cool style and intriguing narrative.

i like the barbaric take and, especially, the "no-tech" rule:
    i'm really diggin' the whole concept, and the finale rendition
    is really awesome (and sometimes hilarious, in a good way).

OMG! Those Rock People are FANTASTIC! I love them so much, such a great idea for this theme I actually gasped! The creativity and influences (like Game Of Thrones) is just awesome, this is one of the most exciting entries of 2013. I can't stop looking at those amazing Rock People, I want a set of them for my bedroom!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 6.1.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Very interesting. I love the one of Mekaneck
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

Totally subscribing to this thread. I love the reimagining of the characters, and I literally did laugh out loud when I saw Stinkor!
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out my band, CRUSADER http://crusaderwarmachine.bandcamp.c...rd-into-battle

Charlie, Jafari, kylun, Thunderkill... Thank you once again to all of you guys!

That Stone People concept is really inspired; I can't wait to see your take on the Horde.

Thank you! I really dig your ongoing project too, I hope you have more and more coming.

Although it's already been said, your take on the stone people is absolutely awesome
    www.BOSATSU.com < My art portfolio

Thank you buddy, it truly means. Glad you enjoyed it. ^_-

Unfortunately, I've been pretty busy lately plus I wasn't entirely satifsfied with the look of Evil Horde, hence the lack of news.
    Still working on the project, tho!

Great work Galdelico! congratulations for all your picture of MOTU! amazing style! very very original!

dude....you are so awesome at these...why havent you done Ram man for the redesign challenge??

I am humbled.

Heroic Warrior
    Just now catching up....

I really like the story on the Stone People

I really, really like what you did with with Clamp Champ and Spikor

I like how you put your Trap-Jaw in with your Megator. That really puts the size difference in perspective. and adds to Megator's appeal.

im amazed
    WISHLIST: Lodar, Green and Purple demons, Gwildor, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Mermista, Prince Dakon, Tung Lashor, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Lizard Man, Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

Guys, thank you so much once again!
    Just wanted to reassure all of you that the project isn't dead. I'm just unexpectedly busy after other stuff, so Trobal Clash had to be put on sleep mode for a while.

That said, I'm going to update this thread with new stuff soon.

Thank you all!