Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Masters of the Universe: Tribal Clash (alternate universe, redesigns etc...)

Orko has been a fun challenge.

As a character almost entirely developed by Filmation, I had to change him quite drastically, in order for the new Orko to fit into my scenario. Since I allowed myself to draw monsters and fantasy creatures but without magic extravaganza, I needed to find out how to replace his main feature (which was to pretend to be a great wizard, only failing 99% of his spells!) yet keeping him legit and recognizeable... So, Orko is now a maimed fortune teller who annoys the hell out everyone he stumbles into.
    Not that different from how he's always been, after all. XD

Hope everyone likes!
    Last edited by Galdelico; February 12, 2015 at 06:37am.

Very cool take on Orko!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 2.06.15!!

MOTUC RECORD

MOTU ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 5 (2015)!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the phrase "200X."

Awesome!!!

Thank you guys, I totally appreciate your comments!

Now, time for something new. I suspect alot of hardcore MotU fans will hate this idea, but hey. XD

I've never been a huge fan of Filmation's Sorceress, in spite of the fact she was one of the most iconic characters in the whole cartoon series. On the contrary, I LOVED Alcala's original design, especially that panel where she gives He-Man all the fancy gadgets to defend Castle Grayskull. I started from there, actually, even though the result couldn't look more different from the source.
    My Sorceress is half priestess, half witch, messing around unremittingly with venom and poisons: due to infected blood, I could keep the greenish skintone and give her white hair, while the weapons at her feet represent my personal homage to Alcala's illustration (they could be items that have been traded off for love/healing potions). The falcon crest is a joke reference to Sorceress' Zoar form. :P

As a final note... I fully used my own style for this figure, which means body shape and proportions are alot more wtf, compared to the previous entries. Let me know what you think about it!
    Last edited by Galdelico; February 28, 2015 at 09:36am.

Beautiful version! great G!

Easily one of my favorites of this entire series.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 2.06.15!!

MOTUC RECORD

MOTU ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 5 (2015)!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the phrase "200X."

Quote Originally Posted by Granamir View Post
    Beautiful version! great G!
    Thanks pal, always kind!

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    Easily one of my favorites of this entire series.
    Big thank you, J!
    That's quite a surprise for me, since I wasn't very confident about using this particular style... But yeah, judging from the feedback I'm getting (especially from my deviantArt fellows), turns out Sorceress is the most liked entry so far, which opens up to interesting possibilities for the next ones.

Since i associate white short hair in the MOTU universe with Evil Lyn iīm not the biggest fan of her hair(style and color) but thatīs my only nitpick.

The picture and her posture are great
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Hawke *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Hey Niki, thank you!

I thought about the hairstyle quite alot. I wanted something that would resemble the original headgear, but I didn't feel to give her a proper helmet, hence why I opted for a simple bob. That said, I can totally see the Evil-Lyn hint, now that you mention it. XD