Thread: Repackaged He-Man selling on ebay as original

Widget

Repackaged He-Man selling on ebay as original

I noticed this figure yesterday, and decided to point out to the seller that I felt it was a repackage, since bidding was up to over $200.00. I don't know if it was my business to get involved, I just felt that I'd be pretty mad if I paid so much for a figure and it turned out to be repackaged. So I wrote the seller and kindly pointed out the flaws that I saw. He didn't respond well. I have a feeling based on his response and the way he worded the listing that he knows exactly what he's selling, and I feel like he should be up front about the condition of his figure. I would hope that anyone willing to spend that kind of money on a toy would look it over as well as I did, because the most obvious flaw is pretty hard to miss. The card itself looks like a reproduction that I bought myself last year on ebay, and I'm pretty sure that the figure is from the commemorative series, although I'm not sure. What do you guys think? The seller's ebay user name is sellsellitall2011. I won't post the link here, but it's not hard to find.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't know about the figure but everything else screams fake. The card has that over saturated look all repros have. The bubble's attachment doesn't look right either.

why is the mini-comic all creased to hell? (you know, if it's supposed to be sealed)

Quote Originally Posted by ninja man View Post
    why is the mini-comic all creased to hell? (you know, if it's supposed to be sealed)
    Yea that's pretty telling. Also looks to be the wrong comic.
    "Problems Weaver?"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by ninja man View Post
    Nice catch on the comic. I didn't see that at first glance.

Widget
    The comic is what first tipped me off, I figured you guys would spot that. He still defended it in spite of that. He wrote back and said he got another email about it being a repacked figure, and he says he's "considering" pulling the auction, so we'll see. He says it's flat footed, so maybe it is a nice conditioned original. But even then, a $50 figure + a $10 repro card and a $2.00 mini comic doesn't equal $200+ dollars. I'm just surprised people would bid so high and not notice that.

What are the "obvious" signs that it's a fake (cuz I don't see any other than the comic)? Pointing them out would be helpful for other people to spot fakes as well.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things arenít absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I donít collect toys to be miserable. So Iíd rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

The figure is not commemorative. It is vintage, made in Taiwan.

master of hiphop
    LOL the comic is the dead giveaway

also the bubble screams fake... the glue is not right.. and the card looks repo, and ebay has been selling tones of these repo cards and bubbles for a few bucks.. Sad really!! got i hate scam artists!
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

its probably so high, due to shill bidding

Widget
    I think he got enough pressure that he pulled the listing. He told me he had other messages about it's authenticity, but he also said he had private offers for it, so maybe he just took one of them. Either way, he ended the auction. I probably wouldn't have noticed the poor quality of the card myself had I not bought a couple of the repros before. There is a flat, slightly hazy look to the print, especially in the blue area, and they almost have a chalky texture to them. There is no real shine in the print at all. I wasn't sure about the figure, but he looked to be in really nice shape.

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    I got took for a man e faces a few years ago when i first started recollecting MOC MOTU. By the time I realized it was a fake (thanks to the org for the info) it was too late, I couldn't contact the seller. I wish I could meet them face to fist as I paid over 200 for it.

The original He-man did come with this comic in limited numbers but a tell tale sign is the stress lines on the spine of the book.
    Knowledge is power, arm yourself

My feedback ,cool people I've dealt with

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ak+good+trader