Thread: Toyfair 2015 stuff (other than MOTU)

Toyfair 2015 stuff (other than MOTU)

I have not been collecting anything from Diamond Select, but I have to say they seem to be doing interesting stuff at Toyfair.

- Ghostbusters 6 inch line sculpts do look a lot more like the actors than the Mattel ones ever did. I have no idea what is the price point, but they are really neat looking. I guess it remains to be see when and if they get Bill Murray to sign of the likeness
    http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=168&itemid=24241

- Batman Animated statues looked really nice, I think there was some like 15 years ago, but I have not seen anything in really long time. At least display version look rather good on model mostly (not sure of the Joker). How is the quality with Diamond Select statues usually?
    http://toynewsi.com/ig.php?mode=albu...t=100&sl=24251

DC Direct
    - Again Batman Animated toys look tempting, maybe go with selected toys on that? First wave break issues and visible pins are a bit of a drawback. I do not know what they meant they might "relook" them if they do second run of the first series, do companies really usually do second runs of their waves?

Funko's 6 inch Firefly look great, of course the quality control on their figures needs to get better.

Monster High has some LEGO sets coming out it looks like but eeeh.

mavel legends 6 inch, I like the new Scarlet Witch, some of the others will wait to see in person, but seriously is Iron-man now the Wolverine of Marvel?

the link you posted said the Ghostbusters are being aimed at 24.99.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post

the link you posted said the Ghostbusters are being aimed at 24.99.
    Err so it did, I forgot. Making them cost about the same as the Mattel ones, however they are more detailed and with more actor likeness?

I'll be having one of those Rocketeer figures and maybe the new Deadman and Blue Beetle ones.

Funko's Garbage Pail Kids look fun. Might get a couple, but not all of them.

Hasbro is getting almost all of my money. The Marvel Legends waves are outstanding. They're finally getting out all of those classic villains I've been drooling over like Tiger Shark, Batroc, Blizzard, BULLDOZER (YES!!!!), and the Grim Reaper!! Am I dreaming? The Spidey wave is just as good. That new Kraven just blows my mind! The Chameleon, Misty Knight, Rhino BAF, White Tiger...whoever is the brand manager behind this line needs a raise.

The 4H's Mythic Legions is just breathtaking. I'm already a backer but seeing the figures at the Fair just made me even more excited about the line.

Diamond's Ghostbusters figures, Gentle Giant's Jumbo figures, Word of Nintendo, ....all caught my eye.

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    Err so it did, I forgot. Making them cost about the same as the Mattel ones, however they are more detailed and with more actor likeness?
    Yes but I thought they were 7 inches and hence $25, but I guess I was wrong. Besides aren't most DST $25 anyway since they are mostly comic shop toys?

Funko. Hasbro. Jakks. and Mattel will get my money.

Mattel is because of MH, love the new dolls and looking forward to the MegaBloks sets to add to my mini figure shelf or MH shelf not sure yet.
    Plan to get club 200X but with so many better lines I'm not 100% sure.

Hasbro is because of the Descendants dolls based on the upcoming tv movie, they look great and will look good with either my other Disney dolls or my EAH.

Jakks will get my money for the jumbo R2 and Yoda, hope more are coming and perhaps I will finally jump on Nontendo IF I ever find any on the shelf lol they sell pretty fast.

Fuunko will get it due to Reaction. Jaws! Star Trek! Gremlins! The Karate Kid!
    Last edited by AlexisLasek; February 16, 2015 at 10:31pm.
    I now have a toy review site!/

Heroic Warrior
    I had my fingers crossed that Mezco would surprise us with some Thundercats, but alas... They did have that motorcycle for Judge Dredd and the Mutant Gang Leader for DKR Batman...

Neca had two Planet of the Apes reveals and the Alien Power Loader. I'm mildly interested in their video game Godzilla.

Hasbro had a few cool Transformer reveals, but I'm pretty well committed to Masterpiece at this point, so buying retail figures feels redundant.

I am excited for Jakks Nintendo figures because of the breadth of characters they're planning on doing-- very excited to have a Metroid so big you can wear it as a hat!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    NECA has some incredible stuff coming out!

-Devil May Cry Dante
    -Quarter scale Alien
    -Aliens Power-Loader
    -Ripley (both movie versions)
    -Captain Dallas
    -Video Game appearance Dog Alien and Predator II
    -CHRISTOPHER REEVE'S Superman!!!!

Plus a whole lot more!

Neca will befriend my wallet in 2015.....
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    First wave break issues and visible pins are a bit of a drawback. I do not know what they meant they might "relook" them if they do second run of the first series, do companies really usually do second runs of their waves?
    DCC/DCD has done so before; their Crisis first wave had some major issues, so the re-released it and allowed folks to trade the original figures in. I have all the Batanimated figures so far, and haven't had any breakage issues, but I'm a very gentle soul with my toys, so my touch may be a bit lighter than what most would consider normal handling.

While I was a bit underwhelmed by TF 2015 overall, there were some bright spots, but also some disappointments:
    The bad:
    Mattel's DC showing was almost pathetic. The 4" collector's line is filled with cheesy re-paints and little to excite me. I'm guessing Total Heroes is dead now, as I've seen NOTHING from that line (hope we at least get the Wonder Woman somehow). Also haven't seen hide nor hair of the Batman Unlimited 4" figures, surprising considering that's a major media push with an original to DVD movie coming out to promote it from Warners. Batman '66 shows me a great Batgirl I apparently have to get repeats of Batman and Robin to get. Really, really sad showing.

Mezco Thundercats is big Tygra, as most were saying. Nice to actually get him, but we still wouldn't have the Thunderkittens, so it only fills part of the hole.

Marvel Universe (4" figures) looks pretty well dead, with only one new wave I saw.

Nothing further in the 7" Planet of the Apes line; was hoping to see a Taylor and Nova there sometime.

No big surprises, nothing I don't need but have to have from out of nowhere. Even the good stuff was mostly expected. But, there were some good things:

Marvel Legends: most of the figures that were supposed to be out as swap figures and a few missing prototypes we've seen previously are on the way. Finally finishing the Wrecking Crew is long overdue. All the figures look good, and it looks like we will be getting a lot of more eclectic comic book characters along with some of the movie based figures (though I have to wonder where movie Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are).

NECA is steaming along. The power loader from Aliens is a must. Reeve Superman is MIGHTY tempting. Ultimate Terminator is another "can't pass on" figure.

Funko is blowing me away. Re-Action stuff like Gremlins with the human characters and an actual DC license with Arrow draws me right in. Definitely in for the Trek stuff (I doubt we'd see any 6" stuff, but one can always hope). I've wanted a good Rocketeer figure since the movie was out, and it looks like we're getting it. And even though I'm not a fan of the movie, I am having a hard time resisting the Jaws stuff, with the inclusion of the 10" shark. For a small company, they are putting out a lot of cool stuff.

DC Collectibles is getting a lot of my money in the near future. THe Batanimated line is really putting out some good stuff, with a nice mix of characters. Roxy and her Rocket are a lock (and I'm not that big a fan of the character). I am going to try to skip the Batmobile for space and price reasons, but I have some real doubts I'll be able to do it. And the new Icons line is one of the best things revealed in the past couple weeks. THey are definitely striking at the hole Mattel left in the 6" field, and with a vengeance. Early pics made the proportions look odd (big thick thunderthighs on some of the figures), but what I saw at Toy Fair looked great. The articulation looks on par or better than the Crime Syndicate figures they did a while back, and easily on par or better than what we saw from Mattel. Though the Four Horsemen will be missed at this scale, I didn't see any figure there I don't want, and the accessories make up for the lack of a C&C figure. I think this is going to be a big hit for DCC.

Some odds and ends caught my eye. Pretty much sticking to Masterpiece for Transformers, but that Devastator is going to be hard to pass on. I've so far resisted all the Gentle Giant 12" retro stuff, but they finally got me with the Super Powers figures. So, while I was a bit disappointed in the overall results, TF 2015 did offer up a few gems.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I've been trying to be more selective, and spend less each year, but there's more stuff I'll want that was made official at Toy Fair than I've seen at a show in a while.

*The Batanimated figures are gorgeous. I'm all in for the BTAS ones, but I'm still a little iffy on the TNBA ones.

*Marvel Legends is making a few characters I've wanted for a long time - especially Chameleon. So there are maybe 1-2 figures in each upcoming wave I want. Suprised about no movie Vision, Wanda or Pietro. That movie Ultron is a BAF is annoying.

*Transformers: The Combiner Wars have been really appealing, and the first wave is great. So I'll likely be getting these guys, as well as that Leader-class Ultra Magnus. Still not sure about Leader G1 Megatron (tank), yet.

*At least they do still plan to release those '66 Batgirl and Batcave sets, but the multipack is annoying. Still, at least I'll get the display stands for Batman and Robin.

*That Rocketeer is going to be hard to pass up!

*My wife is going to want the new TMNT figures, and probably some of the dinos from Jurassic World.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Heroic Warrior
    NYTF was a bit boring this year. I was hoping for more SWB and Legacy GoT figures to be shown. Ill get the new Neca Arnie figures, but apart from that, my the bulk of my money will go to Japanese toymakers. I was also surprised DST didnt show us any Tarantino 6 inch figures, either.

Okay, I was just watching the walkthrough with Diamond over on the Toynewsi site, and caught something: right above the Ghostbusters display, there is a display for Universal Monsters. These are not the black and white versions of existing figures I've seen on several sites, there is a female Van Helsing type character I have seen a full picture of, but there is very clearly the bottom halves of a fully articulated Mummy and Wolfman (meaning they aren't the originals). I had thought Diamond was through with UM, but these look like a continuation of their re-doing the earlier figures with the better articulation they've introduced in the past few waves. I can find nothing about them, no pics or info. Anyone seen anything on these?
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post

Funko is blowing me away. Re-Action stuff like Gremlins with the human characters and an actual DC license with Arrow draws me right in. Definitely in for the Trek stuff (I doubt we'd see any 6" stuff, but one can always hope). I've wanted a good Rocketeer figure since the movie was out, and it looks like we're getting it. And even though I'm not a fan of the movie, I am having a hard time resisting the Jaws stuff, with the inclusion of the 10" shark. For a small company, they are putting out a lot of cool stuff.
    Oh god I'd forgotten they were doing the human characters from Gremlins, more of my money spent!

FUNKO4TW!!!

Firefly, The Rocketeer Legacy figures, Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz figures AND with Reaction sooooo many possibilities, like Galaxy Quest joining the line in 2016!

I didn't see them earlier but tbat Neca Superman figure will be joining my Batman one and those BiffBangPow Flash Gordon figures will be getting swept up as well.

Okay, I am honestly starting to wonder if part of the reason a lot of folks are kind of disappointed in the showings this year is because we aren't necessarily seeing everything that was there. In the above mentioned walkthrough with Diamond, the missed new product for a major license (Universal monsters). And I just watched the walkthrough with Hasbro for Jurassic World, and I saw a table behind Dan with what looked like the set of three raptors supposedly coming out (the ones you see with Chris Pratt in the trailer). At the very least, it seemed there was more stuff there that we didn't see. No dig intended here at our beloved Pixel Dan, of course, who always does an outstanding job, but I'm just wondering if some of the folks covering the fair may be unintentionally focusing a little narrowly in some cases and overlooking some things? Or are the toy makers asking them not to cover certain things (which seems very unlikely when the items are out in plains sight and can be accidentally photographed so easily)?

For me most of it was stuff I was pretty much expecting. It's this kind of problem with the internet, I knew we were getting Scooby Doo LEGO sets almost a month ago. Sure I hadn't seen them all (and curse them for putting Daphne and Velma in high dollar sets and Scooby and Shaggy in every friggin set). Basically there was little surprise. Sure some of it we actually got to see the product that had just before been said it was coming out but most of these companies do a pretty good job on likeness.

the only surprise for me was the Firefly figures because I had no idea they were coming out, of course I don't frequent Funko forums either.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it