Thread: Are these Arco Other World figures?

Are these Arco Other World figures?

If so does anyone know there names or did they even have names?Is this pink saddle in the pic part of this line to?
    ICER
    Your friendly neighborhood org member!

Yes they are all from ARCO The Other World.

From top left you have

the saddle is not from arco but another line cant think of the name right now.
    Raidy King of the jipps
    Ronin the hero
    2x jipps (the 2 smaller orange figures.)
    Zendo: Evil King of the Mogs
    Hondu: The Hatchetman

Hope this helps.

I used to have those red guys as a kid, I had no idea where they were from, and had in fact forgotten all about them until now! Thanks for the image, Icer, and the info, Yoko!
    The former Glass Shrimp also known as See-Shell

Quote Originally Posted by Yoko View Post
    Yes they are all from ARCO The Other World.

From top left you have

the saddle is not from arco but another line cant think of the name right now.
    Raidy King of the jipps
    Ronin the hero
    2x jipps (the 2 smaller orange figures.)
    Hondu: The Hatchetman

Hope this helps.
    That helps alot!Thanks for the i.d.Yoko.
    ICER

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLobster1979 View Post
    I used to have those red guys as a kid, I had no idea where they were from, and had in fact forgotten all about them until now! Thanks for the image, Icer, and the info, Yoko!

No problem

The pink saddle goes to Robots, Lasers, and, Galxasies, an Imperial Toys line of animals that were in scale with MotU.

Thanks for the info.adol.Any idea what the creature looked like the saddle came off of?I bought these figures over the weekend and the creature the saddle went to was probably in the box with the others but I had no idea what it looked like.Thanks Again for the i.d. on the saddle!
    ICER

The animals with the saddles are a Rhino, two headed lizard, and a one headed lizard. They were in a variety of colors, saddles and animals alike. They are made from a hard hollow rubber, and the saddles were held on with a zip tie that had to cut off in order to remove the saddle.

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    Are those figures bendies?
    Almost Comics: Occasionally updated; occasionally funny.
    When you're done laughing, visit the store!

Wii code: 5872 5712 0970 1915 (let me know if you're adding me)
    XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PSN User ID: KidTDragon
    Nintendo Network ID: KidTDragon

Quote Originally Posted by KidTDragon View Post
    Are those figures bendies?
    Yes there kind of bendy.They have little holes in them around there arms and legs that let's you bend them.I used warm water cleaning them up so I could straighten out there arms.I'm sure they were more flexible when they were new.
    ICER

Many of my Other World figures had broken wires right out of the package. I'm talking back in the 80's, too.

Heres some pics of the line the saddle cam from.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoko View Post
    Heres some pics of the line the saddle cam from.

adol
    So the figures have wires in there joints and that's what makes them bend and stay in place?I've never seen any of the figures still mosc or misb.

Yoko
    Dang I'm pretty sure that creature was in the box I bought the saddle out of.I wasn't sure what it came off of then.Now I know thanks for the info.
    Yoko!
    ICER

ICER, yes, The Other World figures have wires in them. Like Gumby. The wires tend to break mostly at the shoulder area so the arms are always out to the sides.

So I better be careful with them or I'll have wires for arms!Thanks Again for the info.adol!
    ICER

Mein Herz für Freya Prince_Adam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ICER View Post
    If so does anyone know there names or did they even have names?Is this pink saddle in the pic part of this line to?

Last edited by Prince_Adam; September 17, 2009 at 09:54am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This was a boxart of "The Other World". I like this pic.

Larger pic can be downloaded below:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Prince_Adam; September 17, 2009 at 09:56am.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Adam View Post
    This was a boxart of "The Other World". I like this pic.

The Other World was a set of small rubber toys and plastic creatures, they were more or less bendeable, with plastic weapons which glow in the dark, although some large figures (like Frogacudda) were more or less the size of a mattel MOTU figure.

The story goes more or less like this: in a distant planet called "Glowgon", there is an ongoing battle between 2 kingdoms: the Jipps and the Mogs. Jipps are a tribe of orange, pigmy like creatures.
    The king of the Jipps is Raidy, which is in the search of a mysterious but powerful artifact called "Pir'Ankus". Raidy is the pupil of a great magician called Nilrem, and I think he was inspired in both egiptians and native americans.

He request the help of Ronin (a barbarian hero) and Kreena, a warrior princess, to find this artifact Ronin rides a 2 headed dragon (Gaifand) and Raidy rides an alien lion creature called Kamaro.

Meanwhile, his kingdom is attacked by the mogs (purple wicked pigmies), which are lead by their king Zendo (a red ghoul creature). He has other warriors, Hondu (similar to Zendo, but green and with 4 arms) and Frogaccuda (a large bipedal reptile). Zendo and Hondu ride the Sharkoss creature (a green venomous reptilian), and Kontory, a fantastic thunderbird.

I think the series has a lot of possibilities. First of all, the creatures were amazing. The boxart and their minicomic were also impressive. Boxarts showed images of the princess, being kidnapped by Hondu mounting a Sharkoss creature, or the expedition of the heros to a valley in search of the Pir Ankus. Zendo creatures attacked them (hordes of Mogs and Frogacudas also).

The castle, which belonged to Zendo, was also an amazing playset. Zendo, Hondu, Kreena and Raidy were the size of a GI JOE figure, but made of rubber instead of solid plastic, and their arms broke from inside, thus decreasing the mobility of the figure.

What was missing was developing of the story and of the characters. There was no cartoon and no proper comics. Anyway, I think the atmosphere in the 80s was right for a sword-and-sorcery action series, and things like lost planets and creatures just were popular, influenced by Star Wars, Conan, Rankin Bass and Jim Henson.

I think now why the figures were smaller (GI Joe size): to make also the creatures (dragons, birds and others) from a playable size.
    Also, tiny Jipps and Mogs were perfect for large armies...

Last edited by Prince_Adam; September 17, 2009 at 12:15pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It is my new toy mission to collect this entire line...
    And I WILL!

Starting with this lot: