Thread: How many League of Legends characters are inspired by T-Cats?

How many League of Legends characters are inspired by T-Cats?

There are 9 of them:
    Lee Sin - Lynx-O
    Soraka - Chilla
    Nunu - Luna
    Alistair - Amok
    Amumu - Mumm-Ra
    Woad Ashe - Willa
    Corki - Dr. Dometone
    Gnar - Snarf
    King Tryndamere - King Arthur
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

I took a look at I just don't see an Thundercats influences at all.

Heck King Arthur is not even a T-Cat character, I mean yes he was in T-Cats but he predates that show by hundreds of years so if King Tryndamere was (and I am not saying that he is) if he was inspired by King Arthur you can't claim that as a Thundercats connection.

And the mummy looks like a generic cartoon mummy and not a charcter influenced by Mumm-Ra. Heck I would say this character looks more like the guy that influenced him

Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    I took a look at I just don't see an Thundercats influences at all.

Heck King Arthur is not even a T-Cat character, I mean yes he was in T-Cats but he predates that show by hundreds of years so if King Tryndamere was (and I am not saying that he is) if he was inspired by King Arthur you can't claim that as a Thundercats connection.

And the mummy looks like a generic cartoon mummy and not a charcter influenced by Mumm-Ra. Heck I would say this character looks more like the guy that influenced him

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...nstein_300.gif
    I have to agree with Wolf. I don't see any Thundercat influence but there are a lot of other fantasy and mythological references present. Maybe Thundercats borrowed from similar sources for some of their designs. By the way that First one looks more like a cross between Tri Klops and 200X King Hsss IMO.

The original poster said he was being tongue in cheek. There are some similarities here and there but that's about it. That isn't to say there wasn't some influence, there very well could have. I have made characters or stories then rewatched something I haven't seen since I was like five and I was like Oh that must be where I got the idea from and never realized I had forgotten so much of it.

It's like saying people who have knights/monks who use magic are being influenced by Star Wars but putting it into a fantasy setting. some of it's borrowed from Asian martial arts myths, and often other pulp fantasy stories which came first. But that isn't to say the idea didn't specifically influence the individual did or did not come from Star Wars.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Now, now All of modern culture is influenced by Star Wars. It is the new testament and everything before it was the old. No one follows the old....lol

As for the tounge in cheek I missed that...sorry. I will say I don't see many similarities still but that everytime I walk down the Lego aisle and see Chima.....well that's a different story

Btw...what is League of Legends anyway?

I saw the tongue in cheek part but even taking that into consideration I still don't see it.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Now, now All of modern culture is influenced by Star Wars. It is the new testament and everything before it was the old. No one follows the old....lol

As for the tounge in cheek I missed that...sorry. I will say I don't see many similarities still but that everytime I walk down the Lego aisle and see Chima.....well that's a different story

Btw...what is League of Legends anyway?
    MMO built around arena play where teams of players compete against each other.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it