Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gothitropolis Raven is Live!

Gothitropolis Raven is Live!

The Kickstarter is up for those interested. I am in for the Raven and the Duck for now. Hope the stretch goals are reached.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-four-horsemen
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    The Kickstarter is up for those interested. I am in for the Raven and the Duck for now. Hope the stretch goals are reached.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-four-horsemen
    I'm with you on that. I plan to at least get the Raven & Duck may get as much as the intitial 6 set. I really hope the stretch goals are met. Would really like some of the others, the wings and the mystery figure (at least to see)....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

Also went for the Raven/ Might Mino-duck set. Hope some of the figures from the stretch goals see the light of day.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Crystal Moonbeam & Shezar The All American's Avatar
    A few weeks ago, I ordered Queen Aluxxandra and Isadorra from the 7th Kingdom line on the Four Horsemen shop. Very impressive figures.

These new Gothitropolis figures (especially Raven) look awesome. Seriously considering this kickstarter. I have mad respect for the Four Horsemen; each item they make is a masterpiece.

They all look awesome. I can't wait to see if the mystery 13th figure gets unlocked to order. I hope so.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Speaking from experience the 4H figures are AWESOME!!! I only need 3 from the 7th kingdom and I will have all the bulls elephants ladies and scarabus figures.
    If you have some spare funds I highly recommend the ravens kickstarter, these will be the best yet IMO. (Make sure to get yourself the kickstarter duck though)

Got the 6-pack for now. If they unlock the others I'll probably mix it up some because I really want some of those stretch variants more.

I got the full pack of Scarabus variants, so it is tempting to go all out for all of these if they make them. So glad they are funded up so much already! We're definitely at least getting the 6-pack. And it's early days.

Heroic Warrior
    I can't afford to get them all, but the Cardinal is mighty tempting.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I'm in for the Cardinal. I love the idea of having a Cardinal action figure to put in with my MOTUC.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Crystal Moonbeam & Shezar The All American's Avatar
    Just committed $90 for Raven and Vulture!

Really want to get the Falcon too, but I guess there's no way to do 3 figures.

"The Foul" Or "Fowl" is the one I want most, that and the phoenix. I am hoping the mystery one is a blue jay... talked to CB about that last year and he said they might do one... but it will probably be something even cooler! I am waiting until SDCC. I may not sub for MOTU for the first time ever... I think I have most of what I want from that line. So I may have the money to get a few ravens instead. I have 5 Scarabus guys and they are epic!!!
    Check out my band The Caterpillar Book on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.

I didn't go in for a figure

However, I did go in for a bad mamma jamma t-shirt!

These guys bring so much to MOTUC, I was really happy to help out in their other endeavors. I just can't imagine any other studio doing the design sculpts for the toys I love.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

They passed the 65K mark early today! Congrats to the 4H!

Here's hoping they hit those stretch goals.

Just saw that they made the initial goal. Pretty awesome. It would be nice if SDCCadds pledges to get up some stretch goals.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    That's great to hear - it only took three days!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

So cool! I got my box of Scarabi out of storage to set them up (I've not opened most of them because I lacked space) in celebration of more Gothitropolis goodness coming soon! Well, next March. But soon-ish.

I'm really hoping they get enough orders to offer the rooster, it's a bit silly, but I like it. Otherwise I'm just going to order the duck and the SE raven.
    Contact BadVermin for all your customs and repaints.

Hoping the Kickstarter gets to the Rooster as well, mainly because I actually have roosters that look like that. They need an avatar.

If the mystery variant is Battle Pigeon, do you think we in the States will be able to hear Eamon squeal like a schoolgirl across 'the pond'?
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

If people like facts and figures and things, this might be a cool link:

It tracks progress and projects out. The projection supposes it'll keep level, I think. That seems a bit higher than I'd think it'd go. But who knows!

The project was a staff pick on Kickstarter since it was so strong out of the gate. It'd be cool if casual or new fans got into it.

First stretch goal met. Just added the White Raven to my pledge. Hope the Quetzalcoatl is up soon. I think i want him the most after the Raven.

Considering we're only about $5,000 away from Quez, I think we'll make it! Maybe even tomorrow! That'll be amazing. The cool thing about the way this is set up... if someone is all-in, which I think quite a few might be, then they just add to the total as each stretch variant is opened up, making it go up even faster!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Considering we're only about $5,000 away from Quez, I think we'll make it! Maybe even tomorrow! That'll be amazing. The cool thing about the way this is set up... if someone is all-in, which I think quite a few might be, then they just add to the total as each stretch variant is opened up, making it go up even faster!
    Yeah seems so. I wish there wasn't such a gap between the 12th figure and the wings though. If i remmeber correctly, its another 20,000 after the last figure to the first set of wings and then another 20,000 for the bone ones. That seems a bit much.
    Its cool they added the accessory set as an option for an add on.

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I jumped in at the level where you got the Black Raven and the Scarabus figure and Time Keeper. I don't have any of those yet and they look neat!

The Cardinal is VERY tempting, and I will definitely be adding Quetzalcoatl. He will be joining the snake men, LOL.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Hm…

i´m a little confused.

So i hope someone can help me out here.

I knew of Scarabus, the Time Keeper and the Raven, i have seen the Duck as well before BUT as far as i understand:

The FOUR HORSEMEN went to kickstarter so they can make those figure prototypes into action figures. They have reached the goal and now they can make six of them for sure, and right now even a seventh one.

I hope i´m correct so far.

If all the goals are reached they can make wings and even skeleton wings as accessories for those figures…i hope i´m right again.

But i still have some questions:

I guess the fans are the ones who donate their money for that project. So these figures are made out of fan sponsored money and than sold in figure form to the same fans who donated their money? Isn´t that paid double? Well depends on how much you donate…

And another thing:

Am i wrong or are the figures all exactly the same except for the head and the coloring? (The white Raven looks as if he would be exact the same as the black except for the color?) They don't get individual armor?

Maybe i don't get it since i don´t know their backstories?

So please can someone clear that up for me?!
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    The FOUR HORSEMEN went to kickstarter so they can make those figure prototypes into action figures. They have reached the goal and now they can make six of them for sure, and right now even a seventh one.

I hope i´m correct so far.
    Correct.

If all the goals are reached they can make wings and even skeleton wings as accessories for those figures…i hope i´m right again.
    Correct.

But i still have some questions:

I guess the fans are the ones who donate their money for that project. So these figures are made out of fan sponsored money and than sold in figure form to the same fans who donated their money? Isn´t that paid double? Well depends on how much you donate…
    You aren't donating your money toward the line. You are basically pre ordering the figures. You are "pledging" to give the 4H so much amount of money in exchange for the figures. That pledge is your payment towards the figures. They used Kickstarter cause they weren't sure if they could meet the minimum amount of orders needed to produce the figures. They need a solid commitment before moving ahead into production. It's the same thing Mattel does with MOTUC and the thermometer.

And another thing:

Am i wrong or are the figures all exactly the same except for the head and the coloring? (The white Raven looks as if he would be exact the same as the black except for the color?) They don't get individual armor?
    You are correct. They are all the same. The Raven is the new figure in their Gothitropolis line and the other characters are just variants of the Raven character. They're just like any kind of variant that you see in other lines. They do this for every figure they release for their line. One standard figure than a bunch of variants that mostly are just new heads on the same body with a new deco.