Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gothitropolis Raven is Live!

The Scarabus guy is amazing... even tho they all have the same body, I have 5 of them and they are each unique and epic. the paint apps alone are unbelievable. I haven't pledged yet because I am really hoping to get the phoenix and the rooster in my pledge. If they won't be available I will probably get the 6 pak. When I was up last year at 4H studios to exchange my Thothos, CB also gave me 3 time keepers... they are pretty cool and work as awesome Skeletor guards!! The entire Gothitropolis series is epic and I recommend them to anyone into MOTU. My kids play with the "Egyptian Gods" when they play with MOTUC and they hold up really well!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    I haven't pledged yet because I am really hoping to get the phoenix and the rooster in my pledge. If they won't be available I will probably get the 6 pak.
    You know you can pledge now and just add the phoenix and the rooster to your pledge later if they get unlocked.

Yep. That's what I did. I know I'm getting AT LEAST 6 figures of some sort. So I picked up the six pack for now to bolster the total. If the variants I want unlock, then I'll go down to the basic $90 set and then add the variants I want ala carte.

Yea I know, but believe it or not, I'm not as interested in the Raven or the duck as I am in the other ones. My favorites are the stretch goals. So I have 27 days or so to see what my money will get me... I also need to see if I'll buy the MOTUC sub for 2014. No sub would mean more birds... so I wanna see what SDCC holds first. I am definitely getting a couple of them, just don't know which ones yet! Question... is the shipping included in the pledge or not?
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Shipping is included! That's why there are different tier levels for US and outside the US.

Edit:
    Quetzalcoatl is a go! Just passed $85,000!

We passed the Quetzalcoatl mark! Excited about that, so that gets me the Raven, the duck, the white Raven, and the Quetzalcoatl. I think, if they all get unlocked, i will eventually end up with 6. Want the owl, not sure which other yet. Hoping for the wings still.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post

You aren't donating your money toward the line. You are basically pre ordering the figures. You are "pledging" to give the 4H so much amount of money in exchange for the figures. That pledge is your payment towards the figures. They used Kickstarter cause they weren't sure if they could meet the minimum amount of orders needed to produce the figures. They need a solid commitment before moving ahead into production. It's the same thing Mattel does with MOTUC and the thermometer.

You are correct. They are all the same. The Raven is the new figure in their Gothitropolis line and the other characters are just variants of the Raven character. They're just like any kind of variant that you see in other lines. They do this for every figure they release for their line. One standard figure than a bunch of variants that mostly are just new heads on the same body with a new deco.
    Okay, itīs more or less a pre order system and you get six figures for sure and than you can decide which figures you want!

Thanks for the clarification
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Just added 4 Quetzalcoatl to my pledge!!

I am so going to be army building with that figure.

Cool about the shipping, this info helps a lot. I really want the rooster and phoenix. I also really like the vulture, griffon, and falcon. Wouldn't mind getting the black Raven and Cardinal, duck or Quetz. I wonder if they get all unlocked they will do a pick your 6 pledge or something like that.

I'm sooo tempted to join the backers, but I barely have any space left in my small studio apartment! Nonetheless it's looks like an epic line that I'd really love to collect...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

$95k, Phoenix is now unlocked (or will be shortly)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Less than $2000 away from unlocking the Owl, and after him, the ROOSTER! YAY!

I'm amazed at how fast this Kickstarter is moving. There's a lot of love being sent the Horsemen's way, without question.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

We've passed $105,000!!

Now the Owl is technically unlocked. I've been most excited about the owl variant and I'll definitely be adding him to my pledge!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Yeahhhhhh, here comes the rooster!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Whoa, just saw on PoeGhostal's page, the mystery character is called "Screaming Eagle", it's an American patriotic looking one!!!!

These figures are great, I'm all in for the 12 of them and an extra raven for the alternate head. Very pricey but well worth it IMO, and after trying to buy the previous 4H lines on the secondary market I won't be missing these guys direct from the 4H!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Whoa, just saw on PoeGhostal's page, the mystery character is called "Screaming Eagle", it's an American patriotic looking one!!!!

Yeah, kind of let down on that one. I Was hoping for a skull headed bird to go with the skeletal wings.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Yeah. The Eagle's okay, but not my favorite by any means.

I am all over the Eagle, I hope they can get the torn USA cape done for him
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Do I want the Griffon or not, hmmm.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Just added $66 to my pledge for the owl and the duck!! Getting pretty close to unlocking the wings!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

pledged for my 6:
    Duck
    Griffin
    Phoenix
    Rooster
    Vulture
    Quetz

Saw a cool bird cage stand at Home Goods today... could be a display option!

$145,000 has been reached.

The wings should be unlocked soon!!

Officially unlocked and $18 each!