Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gothitropolis Raven is Live!

$18 is a bit steep for me, I will probably just get 1 set to go with either the Raven or Vulture. I was hoping they would make the add-on price like $10-12 if you were already buying the figures.

But they are massive so I can totally understand the price point

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

The newest update has revealed a PINK FLAMINGO!!!!!!!!

This reminds me of an old joke I heard...

Billy was a good kid. He had lots of friends, got good grades, and even obeyed his parents. Everybody loved Billy! So, one day, Billy was on the bus to school, when this one kid - you know, the kind of kid who was always in detention, siiiiidled on up and said,

"Hey, Billy. When you get to class today, ask the teacher what a Pink Flamingo is."

This confused Billy, but he decided to try it. So, in class, when the teacher asked if anybody had any questions, Billy raised his hand!

"Teacher," he said, "What's a Pink Flamingo?"

The teacher scowled at him! "Go to the principal's office right now! I can't believe you, Billy! You used to be a good kid!"

So, poor Billy was shocked! And he went to the Principal's office. When he was there, the Principal looked at him and asked, "Well, Billy. You've always been a good kid, so I guess this is just a misunderstanding. What happened?"

And Billy said, "Well, I got sent here because I asked the teacher what a Pink Flamingo is."

The Principal choked! He turned red and yelled, "That's it! We have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy at this school! You're expelled! Get out of here! Go home right now!"

And so, Billy ended up on the bus! And about halfway back, the bus driver asked, "You look really sad, Billy, and I can't imagine why I'd have to take you home early. What's wrong?"

So Billy said, "Well, I got sent to the Principal's office and kicked out of school because I asked my teacher what a Pink Flamingo is. But I don't understand! What's apink flamingo?"

The tires screeched as the bus driver slammed the brakes! He opened the doors and shouted, "Get out! GET OUT!!! I won't drive somebody like you! You can WALK HOME!"

And so, poor Billy had to walk home. He walked all the way, but finally he made it home, and his mother was there to see him.

She said, "Billy! What happened? You look terrible, and you're not supposed to be home yet! What happened? Are you okay?"

And Billy said, "Well, I got sent to the Principal's office and kicked out of school and kicked off the school bus because I asked my teacher what a Pink Flamingo is. But I don't understand!"

His mother wept. She cried, sobbing, "Why me? WHY THIS FAMILY? Where did I go wrong? Billy, I can't believe you! You wait 'till your father comes home! And you can go sit on the porch. I won't have your FILTH in my house, son or not!"

And so, Billy had to sit on the porch until his father came home. Finally, his dad drove up the driveway, got out of the car, and saw Billy. So he said, "Billy, you look sad! What's wrong?"

And Billy said, "Well, I got sent to the Principal's office and kicked out of school and kicked off the school bus and Mom kicked me out of the house because I asked my teacher what a Pink Flamingo is."

His father called the police.

When the cops came, they looked at Billy and said, "Look, we just can't arrest a little kid like this! Billy, what happened?"

And Billy said, "Well, I got sent to the Principal's office and kicked out of school and kicked off the school bus and Mom kicked me out of the house and Dad called the cops on me because I asked my teacher what a Pink Flamingo is."

So the police beat him unconscious and threw him in the back of the cop car.

In jail, the other criminals looked at Billy and said, "You don't look like a criminal. How did you end up here?"

And Billy said, "Well, I got sent to the Principal's office and kicked out of school and kicked off the school bus and Mom kicked me out of the house and Dad called the cops on me and the cops beat me and arrested me because I asked my teacher what a Pink Flamingo is. But I don't know what a Pink Flamingo is! Why is everybody offended? Can somebody tell me?"

The prisoners rioted in their attempts to get away from Billy. "Don't leave me in here with him!" they shouted. "It's inhumane!"

But anyway, the time came for Billy's trial. and the judge looked at him and said, "I don't understand. How could a nice kid like you be tried like an adult?"

And Billy said, "Well, I got sent to the Principal's office and kicked out of school and kicked off the school bus and Mom kicked me out of the house and Dad called the cops on me and the cops beat me and arrested me and the prisoners all rioted because I asked my teacher what a Pink Flamingo is. But Your Honor, I don't understand! What's wrong? What happened?"

The Judge scowled. "In all my years as a judge, I've never seen anything as horrible as this. This state doesn't allow the death penalty, so we'll have to deport you. We can't have you ruining our nation's morals, Billy."

And so, Billy ended up on a boat, sailing for Parts Unknown. The captain of the ship saw Billy, and said, "You look sad, little guy. What's wrong?"

And Billy said, "Well, I got sent to the Principal's office and kicked out of school and kicked off the school bus and Mom kicked me out of the house and Dad called the cops on me and the cops beat me and arrested me and the prisoners all rioted and the judge had me deported because I asked my teacher what a Pink Flamingo is."

The captain nearly fell overboard! "We can't deport you!" he shouted. "It'd embarrass the United States! It'd cause an international incident! Turn the boat around! Look, Billy, I'm gonna let you back into the US, because we can't afford to let anybody else know we've got scum like you in our country. They'd nuke us."

And so, Billy ended up back in America. And he wandered around in the streets until he came across this homeless guy, who said, "Heyyyyyyy kid, y'look pretty sad. Whazzap? Izzomethin' wrong?"

And Billy said, "Well, I got sent to the Principal's office and kicked out of school and kicked off the school bus and Mom kicked me out of the house and Dad called the cops on me and the cops beat me and arrested me and the prisoners all rioted and the judge had me deported and the guy turned around the boat and dropped me back here all because I asked my teacher what a Pink Flamingo is. But I don't understand! What's wrong? Can somebody PLEASE tell me what a Pink Flamingo is?"

And the homeless guy looked at Billy and said, "Well, I dunno what a Pink Flermingo is! But y'know, see dat guy over dere? Dat otherr homeless guy? He knows! He'll tell ya! He's just right across the street!"

So Billy thanked him and ran across the street, ready to ask what a Pink Flamingo was. And then he got hit by a bus.

The moral of the story is: Look both ways before crossing the street.

I've got a question I can't seem to find the answer to, and I'm hoping someone here will be able to help! If I pledge for say, the Raven and the Duck, can I buy all the other variants from the Horsemen at a later date? Or do I have to buy everything in one pledge now?

Only, I'd really like to get the whole set, but there's no way I can afford $460 right now! Kickstarter says my pledge amount will be taken once the project closes on Monday; I can afford $115 but I'm worried I'll miss out on the ones I really want, like Pheonix, Griffon and Quetzalcoatl.

I've never taken part in a Kickstarter campaign before, so I'm completely clueless! Can anyone enlighten me?

Ta!

I think a few of the add-ons are exclusive to the Kickstarter campaign, such as the Duck and the Battle Packs, however it is my understanding that everything else will be available later on but the prices will be higher. If there are certain variants you really want now, I would lock them in at the current prices especially since shipping is included in those prices. Who knows how much they could cost next year.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I pledged for the Fantastic Supporters pack, and also added the Cardinal, Minotaur the Duck, the Pink Flamingo, and three of the display stands.

I may end up adding more before this is all said and done. I love ALL of the variants!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Do you guys have any ideas who purchased the top tier? It's great that they reach 206 grand goal! Many props to 4HRSMN.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Thanks Zodach, that's very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    I think a few of the add-ons are exclusive to the Kickstarter campaign, such as the Duck and the Battle Packs, however it is my understanding that everything else will be available later on but the prices will be higher. If there are certain variants you really want now, I would lock them in at the current prices especially since shipping is included in those prices. Who knows how much they could cost next year.

So I'm new to Kickstarter. I was in the for the 6-pack. I'm a little unclear on how to include the add-ons. If I want the all-in add-ons, I have to add $675 to the $240, or just $435? Maybe I'm just getting lost in all the updates, but it's hard to tell what level 1 is (it looks like it's just $1.00), but that doesn't make sense. Also is anyone looking to buy my kidney?
    Last edited by gbagok; August 8, 2013 at 06:24pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    So I'm new to Kickstarter. I was in the for the 6-pack. I'm a little unclear on how to include the add-ons. If I want the all-in add-ons, I have to add $675 to the $240, or just $435? Maybe I'm just getting lost in all the updates, but it's hard to tell what level 1 is (it looks like it's just $1.00), but that doesn't make sense. Also is anyone looking to buy my kidney?
    Oh man, I wish I could go all in! Just too many things I have to pay for. If you want everything in the All-in package, the simplest thing to do is change your "pledge selection" $1 level, while your actual pledge AMOUNT should be made out to $676 (the cost of the add-on plus $1.)

That's it! They will do a survey at the end, and you'll just tell them you want the all-in package.

Just remember that the stands are separate! Very envious! I'm going to try to get the rest in March.

I am getting the Duck, Flamingo, a black and white battle pack and 2 stands

With SDCC and PowerCon I just can't go all in, so I will risk paying more later for the Vulture and Eagle
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Oh man, I wish I could go all in! Just too many things I have to pay for. If you want everything in the All-in package, the simplest thing to do is change your "pledge selection" $1 level, while your actual pledge AMOUNT should be made out to $676 (the cost of the add-on plus $1.)

That's it! They will do a survey at the end, and you'll just tell them you want the all-in package.

Just remember that the stands are separate! Very envious! I'm going to try to get the rest in March.
    Thanks! Wow, I'm really not sure about adding that much. It's better than the $800+ I was fearing, but still that's a lot after committing to the MOTUC and DC subs. Plus I'm eyeing those Star Trek ships (thanks for the heads up there!). I think maybe if I can just pick up the Phoenix and Quetzalcoatl later I'll be sated. I'm kind of glad I can't see the final wings.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Thanks! Wow, I'm really not sure about adding that much. It's better than the $800+ I was fearing, but still that's a lot after committing to the MOTUC and DC subs. Plus I'm eyeing those Star Trek ships (thanks for the heads up there!). I think maybe if I can just pick up the Phoenix and Quetzalcoatl later I'll be sated. I'm kind of glad I can't see the final wings.
    Yeah, I'm in a similar boat. I did pre-order the Star Trek ships, so along with my MOTU sub and Grayskull coming up... something had to give. But in addition to the Raven, Minotaur the Duck, Quetzacoatl and the Owl... I know for sure I want the Phoenix, a White Raven (for the bone wings and skull), the Vulture, the Cardinal and the Screaming Eagle (if they can make that cape work.) The rest I might just get to be a completist in March. But we'll see.

OK, I think I've done this right! I've pledged $250: $115 for Black Raven and Minotaur the Duck set, $40 each for Griffon, Pheonix and Quetzalcoatl and $15 for 5 stands. So I'll get an e-mail asking which add-ons I want once the project closes, yes?

My final $33 will be variable depending on whether the Screaming Eagle's cape is a real thing or not.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Exinferis View Post
    OK, I think I've done this right! I've pledged $250: $115 for Black Raven and Minotaur the Duck set, $40 each for Griffon, Pheonix and Quetzalcoatl and $15 for 5 stands. So I'll get an e-mail asking which add-ons I want once the project closes, yes?
    Correct. Whent he Kickstarter ends, they'll send out a survey where you can mark your add-ons.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Thanks Dan!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Correct. Whent he Kickstarter ends, they'll send out a survey where you can mark your add-ons.
    P.S. Dan, will you be doing a review of the Ravens when they're released?
    Last edited by Exinferis; August 9, 2013 at 02:06pm.

At the moment I'm in for one raven, one cardinal, one pink flamingo, one phoenix, two vultures (Trigger & Nutsy!), and one falcon (to make a custom raven w/ blue armor). Also two battle packs, one pair black wings, and three stands. Might reduce that list before the end, though.

I'm in for the Raven with Battle Pack, Minotaur, Queztcoatl, the Rooster, Bone wings, and a couple of stands. Wish I could add more, but these are the 'must-haves'.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    I'm in for the Raven with Battle Pack, Minotaur, Queztcoatl, the Rooster, Bone wings, and a couple of stands. Wish I could add more, but these are the 'must-haves'.
    The Three Cabelleros?

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    I think a few of the add-ons are exclusive to the Kickstarter campaign, such as the Duck and the Battle Packs, however it is my understanding that everything else will be available later on but the prices will be higher.
    Yes and THANK GOD!

I could easily spend another $700 on these but I just can't afford it at the moment. Hopefully everything, minus the KS exclusives stuff of course, I want is easily available on their website later.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    With SDCC and PowerCon I just can't go all in, so I will risk paying more later for the Vulture and Eagle
    That's what's killing a lot of people...the timing.

I understand why they did this during SDCC but financing is tight right now with the SDCC exclusives and Matty subscriptions on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Yes and THANK GOD!

I could easily spend another $700 on these but I just can't afford it at the moment. Hopefully everything, minus the KS exclusives stuff of course, I want is easily available on their website later.

That's what's killing a lot of people...the timing.

I understand why they did this during SDCC but financing is tight right now with the SDCC exclusives and Matty subscriptions on sale.
    No way of telling how SDCC might have helped them... but the way it went down I almost wonder if they needed the boost promo-wise. I know I'm spending about half of what I had planned to because of it. But, oh well! It's successful!

And I hope to get much more in March.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    No way of telling how SDCC might have helped them... but the way it went down I almost wonder if they needed the boost promo-wise. I know I'm spending about half of what I had planned to because of it. But, oh well! It's successful!

And I hope to get much more in March.
    To be honest I don't think they did, most of the people who contributed were already fans and all the updates were provided online. They did not show the wings at SDCC, they did not even have the Flamingo sculpted. I would say it got to where its at based solely on the years of service the 4H have put in.

There is no way to know for sure, but from everything I have seen they would have had the same support had they not taken any of it to SDCC. At least enough to have funded the whole thing.

But given the crunch I am basically doing what is exclusive only and then I will take my chances in the Spring.

Oh man, I am sooooo pumped for this line! I went All-In for the full package and can't wait! These birds look amazing!!!

Bumping this in case someone missed the email.

The 4H posted an update saying the surveys should go out Monday. You'll have the opportunity to add even more to your pledge than too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Bumping this in case someone missed the email.

The 4H posted an update saying the surveys should go out Monday. You'll have the opportunity to add even more to your pledge than too.
    Thanks for the update! I think I have an email from them too, I don't remember it mentioning Monday though so good to know!