Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would NA have been more successful as a toyline if it was more similar to vintage?

Heroic Warrior
    Regardless of anything, I do wonder what super genius at Mattel decided "let's make the figures look inferior and cheaper quality and watch it take off like the original line"

I think they thought it was superior, more articulated and unique sculpts as well as being closer in size to most other action figure lines at the time. I can see why they made the choices they did but I think MOTUC has shown that NA goes down better with fans when it fits aesthetically with the rest of the MOTU.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I think they thought it was superior, more articulated and unique sculpts as well as being closer in size to most other action figure lines at the time.
    As history has shown, they thought wrong.

Another thing about the NA line - the sculpts to me seem very rough compared to the vintage toys. The 4H have made them look good, but those original NA toys look very clumsily sculpted. Just my opinion
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Heroic Warrior Wundar_Grayskull's Avatar
    I honestly believe if it had resembled the vintage series it would have done a lot better. That would have been awesome! We have the classics NA version of He-Man now, and surely we'll get the Skeletor as well.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    I'm gonna say no. If memory serves correct, the NES and Sega Genesis were on fire. Nobody was buying action figures at that time.

In hindsight, Mattel should have put out a side-scrolling beat 'em up at arcades like Marvel did the X-MEN.
    And then released a version of that for the Genesis. That would at least have kept the brand from fading away like it did.
    A video game tie-in, like anything in the '90's, would have gone a long way with keeping interest going for He-Man. For many kids at the time, the television was playing second fiddle to the NES, Super NES, Genesis, and TG-16. You put a decent NA He-Man game on one of those platforms and it would be the talk of the town (or at least the school hallways)....
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!