Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, who's going to give us the scoop on Casta and Shokoti's bios...?

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)

So, who's going to give us the scoop on Casta and Shokoti's bios...?

I was just thinking: we still haven't seen either Castaspella or Shokoti's bios yet, and whichever of the phenomenal reviewers gets their review up first--Fwoosh, Pixel-Dan, etc.--has the honor of delivering the scoop to all of us eager and anxiously awaiting fans. I think that's a first, right? A reviewer breaking the scoop on a bio for MOTUC?

(How's that for incentive for one of those fine folks to get their review up ASAP?)
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

I'm thinking we'll get the bios next week with them on display at SDCC.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Dan posted Shokoti's bio on facebook, it's ok, but I don't like her being a Gar, would prefer if she was a straight up demon. he will post here soon I imagine, I don't want to steal his image.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I just read her bio, good stuff. Although I like most of the bios to be fair.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Dan posted Shokoti's bio on facebook, it's ok, but I don't like her being a Gar, would prefer if she was a straight up demon. he will post here soon I imagine, I don't want to steal his image.
    Oooohhh well alrighty then! Gonna go read it!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Everything about the ol' gal looks perfect so far, including her bio! Can't wait for this video review to be posted...
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Everything about the ol' gal looks perfect so far, including her bio! Can't wait for this video review to be posted...
    Have we seen the review for Icer yet? I seem to be behind...
    The Lurkiest

Whoa! Hold UP! "Special friend" whuuut? LOL...

https://twitter.com/PixelDan/status/...867584/photo/1

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    Have we seen the review for Icer yet? I seem to be behind...
    Nope, Pixel Dan said that Mattel was unable to send out Clamp Champ and Icer in time, but did get him August's figures instead.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Ahh no worries. Having just said I like all the bios I am a bit unsure about the Castaspella one... lol

Also her face looks a different tone than her body in those pics. Hopefully it is just the lighting
    Last edited by Jeevesosiris; July 12, 2013 at 11:02pm.
    The Lurkiest

What are you guys talking about? All friends are special, aren't they? I mean I know for a fact.... Ohhhhhhhhh!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    Castaspella looks awesome! I'm really looking forward to more pics at SDCC. Her special friend Frosta will be patiently awaiting her arrival.

Very cool!

Pixel Dan is simply the best!

And i like the bios, they are nothing special and i don´t think Shokoti is that easily defeated forever but it says Shokoti, so no "a"s in her name YEAH!!!!!!
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I think that it's funny that Shokoti's bio talks about her blasting spells out of her hand yet they did not give her a spell casting hand (or two since she comes with no accessories to hold).... oh Mattel....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    I think that it's funny that Shokoti's bio talks about her blasting spells out of her hand yet they did not give her a spell casting hand (or two since she comes with no accessories to hold).... oh Mattel....
    but she does have a spell casting hand....

So in the MOTUC canon Castaspella becomes leader of the Great Rebellion First not Glimmer or Angella. I think she is special friends with Angella and Frosta because they are Matriarchs of their respective kingdoms, yet Castaspella bio mentions nothing about Mysticor. Also i am calling it right now, if we get Lord Masque, he is going to get the Shaping Staff as his accessory. Shokotis bio states that he is shapeshifter, it would only make sense that he got that as his weapon.
    Last edited by facet; July 15, 2013 at 12:59am.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    but she does have a spell casting hand....
    She does? It looked like Fonzy thumbs on both her hands to me.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    So in the MOTUC canon Castaspella becomes leader of the Great Rebellion First not Glimmer or Angella. I think she is special friends with Angella and Frosta because they are Matriarchs of their respective kingdoms, yet Castaspella bio mentions nothing about Mysticor. Also i am calling it right now, if we get Lord Masque, he is going to get the Shaping Staff as his accessory. Shokotis bio states that he is shapeshifter, it would only make sense that he got that as his weapon.
    Casta is A leader in the Great Rebellion, not THE leader. Like Adora is another leader in the Great Rebellion.

Castaspella - Enchantress Who Hypnotizes

Beautiful friend to She-Ra, Castaspella is one of the most powerful mages on Etheria. After the Horde claimed her beautiful planet as a new homeworld during their banishment in Despondos, Castaspella became a leader in the Great Rebellion helping to defend the people of Etheria with her magic. She has been known to temporarily hypnotize her foes, and although she can be a bit flighty at times, her strength and courage have helped her fight the oppression of Hordak. She is special friends with both Angella and Frosta and only uses her magic for good.
    Shokoti - Evil Witch of Eternia

Possessing incredible powers fueled by darkness, Shokoti was the most dangerous sorceress on the Dark Hemisphere of Eternia. Fearing her plan to cover the entire planet in darkness, Shokoti's fellow blue-skinned Gars lured the nefarious witch into the sunlight and buried her with her beast companion in the House of Darkness. Many years later, the shapeshifting wizard Masque raised the temple from the Sands of Time and opened the door to darkness once more until He-Man heroically defeated Shokoti and the Sleeping Beast forever. Shokoti uses the darkness and magic to cast illusions and project energy blasts from her hands.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Too bad Casta's bio doesn't mention Mystacor or Shadow Weaver /Light Spinner....

And I don't really see her as a flighty person...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    Too bad Casta's bio doesn't mention Mystacor or Shadow Weaver /Light Spinner....
    TG doesn't add any newly acquired specific Filmation information to the bios to help flesh them out. We asked him about this a while ago. Surprisingly, even bios that haven't been made public are subject to this rule.

And I don't really see her as a flighty person...
    Is that a reference to her crush on Prince Adam? I don't remember my Filmation all too well (since I'm more of an MYP and Mini-Comic fan), but I remember her grinning like a Cheshire cat and casting a spell on him once.

And Esmeralda fits as a nice name for her...hot chick with elderly voice and all...

he-Man heroically defeated Shokoti and the Sleeping Beast ... forever? Not in MY canon buster!
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Shokoti's Slave View Post
    he-Man heroically defeated Shokoti and the Sleeping Beast ... forever? Not in MY canon buster!
    You know, it's a pity he didn't use the idea that MYP was originally going to feature Shokoti in an episode...he could have ran with that since he has access to all of these notes from the writing team.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    You know, it's a pity he didn't use the idea that MYP was originally going to feature Shokoti in an episode...he could have ran with that since he has access to all of these notes from the writing team.
    Actually, I don't think that he could have. All the Filmation characters have copyrights and it would be a violation of the copyrights to alter or deviate from the stories presented in the Filmation toons. Copyrights are different from trademarks and can protect creative rights like characters and their likenesses in other forms (including toys) and their backstory. Mattel only has the rights to reproduce in figure form the character, but likely does not have the right to write additional material for that character whether that be in stories, bios, or animated media. So, my hunch is nearly all the Filmation bios for future characters will closely follow what we have seen in the cartoon.

Dish! What was the idea!?
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Possibly he did use some of it with the whole Gar angle. I know some didn't want her to be a Gar, and I don't much like that name myself--as if Tolkein had called his elves the Bubs or something. But personally I'm glad she's of their race because villains like her belonging to the group better explain the prejudice against them by Keldor's time. Also to be fair, who knows if MYP would have not had He-Man defeat her "forever" as well.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406