Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Clamp Champ and NA He-Man Arrival Thread

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Seeing NA He-Man on Battle Cat damages me mentally and emotionally.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    -Got mine today and the first thing I did was attempt to swap NA He-Man's hands with the regular He-Man. They aren't swappable.

-Maybe this has been addressed before so I apologize if it has but why is Thunder Punch He-Man Photoshopped on the back of Clamp Champ's card? It clearly shows him holding the Power Sword with his right hand. No biggie, I just find it weird.
    That is weird sounds like some sort of prank .anyways both awesome figure love em both.dfnitly wnt an extra NA Heman for opening.I think they did a fantastic job on NA Heman and of course they could have made it better or inproved on it latter.im very happy kudos MATELL.

Now just got to figure out if NA He man dose much time travelling.im sure Mighty spector will allow for NA He man to fight in the past and not be confined, to the far future that NA Ha man subposebly travels to?all that being said. I cant wait for more inproved versions of NA, exscpeicaly Sagitar. and dare I say it.

Starship eternia! ill buy one promise!!!! Awesome bring it.well also need some old school Speclatrons.something like man or monster studios. is doing with Death Lord.only in MOTUC style more cosmic beings, for the Cosmic Defenders to fend of with.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    No surprise. It's like swapping Santa out for the Tooth Fairy on Xmas. Doesn't work. Never has....never will. I was a little emotionally set back too when he showed up. I took my pics & threw him up on eBay. I couldn't even get rid of him here on the org. CC on the other hand represents what this Classics line is about from a vintage stand point. I can see the concerns about his face. Over sculpted? I don't know what is over or under sculpted but I think he looks great. I love his enormous clamp forvacweapon. His vintage weapon was oversized as well.

I just re-ranked my figures....I just put Clamp at #10....just after He-Man, and bumping TP He-Man down one. Despite the over detailed head....I like his total aesthetics....he has more pop color wise than TP does....and I am referring to his armor, boots and briefs....

And I couldn't rank NAHM....not enough numbers.... , but at least he's not alone at the bottom....all sort of joking aside....he's been sold for over a week now....can't rank something you aren't keeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    We'll split a therapy session....
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; July 18, 2013 at 10:09pm.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I actually like NA He-Man much more than I thought I would. Still, his hands being slightly larger makes them seem a bit off.

But, I really dislike Clamp Champ's "Clamp." I know it mirrors the original, but it just seems too unwieldy, and even how he holds it seems awkward for the shape of the figure's hands.

Worse still, there is something about the sculpt of the handle that is really NSFW and troubling.

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Got mine today. CC is perfect, but my NA He-Man is has a lot of paint missing on his Power Sword handle, plus some lack of red paint on the edges of the harness' cross. This was the figure I was looking forward to the most ever since the beginning of the line. Should I call Matty for an exchange, or is this a common problem?
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

One of the best months for figures yet. GG He-Man is one of my most anticipated figures of the line, plus CC and Icer are two who cannot be done justice by photos, so they are a surprise hit with me. That's one fav and two sneakers, which makes for an awesome month, and all these great reveals make for an exciting couple of days!

Oh and GG He-man is amazing. I hate the hands, but the way I've posed him they're not prominently visible. I love this figure, and am VERY eagerly awating NA Skele, Flogg, and Hydron.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Not sure how but they did it on TheFwoosh. There is a pic of it.
    Oh, you can put the NA He-Man's hand in the regular He-Man's socket but it is extremely loose and just flops around due to the wrist peg of NA He-Man is WAYYYY smaller than the regular wrist peg. You won't fit the regular He-Man hand into the NA He-Man socket without some Dremmeling.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    I got my figs yesterday and all 3 are top notch awesome!
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

haven't been this anxious to receive a motuc figure in ages!

Does anyone know where I can find some reviews of Clamp Champ? I don't think any site has 'officially' reviewed him. I can't seem to find him on the Fwoosh either. He is the only figure of the MOTUC line not to be formally reviewed by anyone. Tomopop maybe?

Best use of Spector body so far, even his sword fits!

R.I.P. uninspired time-traveling agent

NA-Spector.jpg
    Last edited by belmont; July 19, 2013 at 11:58am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by belmont View Post
    Best use of Spector body so far, even his sword fits!

R.I.P. uninspired time-traveling agent

NA-Spector.jpg
    Am I the only one getting a Captain Power vibe from this? Swap the purple for blue and there ya go.

You know, that actually works- he's got a clock on his chest... it goes with the theme! I like using the classic toy tiara'd Bow head with the Spector body... I think I might try that combo instead of the helmeted NA He-Man head
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Mine arrived today.

NA He-Man is superb, I got a huge wave of 90s nostalgia from this guy. The translucent weapons look great and I love the added posing options the new hands give him. I'm looking forward to my extra figs arrival so I can display him in his "Astrosub pilot gear" too.

Champ Champ is alright. I don't care for the backpack, it looks bulky and unnecessary. The clamp accessory works better than expected, and I do like his sculpt & colours. I just wish he had somewhere to store at least one of his weapons.

Gotta say, it's about time some backup for Icarius finally showed up. He was getting severely outnumbered!

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find some reviews of Clamp Champ? I don't think any site has 'officially' reviewed him. I can't seem to find him on the Fwoosh either. He is the only figure of the MOTUC line not to be formally reviewed by anyone. Tomopop maybe?
    he practically has no neck, but good ankles, very good figure! my grip from the claw was bent though and is very soft. His lips are a bit overdone as well, more subtility would be more appropriate. But all in all, very nice Classic!

Quote Originally Posted by Pollex Christi View Post
    I actually like NA He-Man much more than I thought I would. Still, his hands being slightly larger makes them seem a bit off.

But, I really dislike Clamp Champ's "Clamp." I know it mirrors the original, but it just seems too unwieldy, and even how he holds it seems awkward for the shape of the figure's hands.

Worse still, there is something about the sculpt of the handle that is really NSFW and troubling.
    Dont understand the gripe with NA He mans hands.allmost everyone knows that becomeing superhuman gives you abnormally large hands and feet.

yea we need more cosmic figures, put sparkeles in there chest.like the old Sparklatron, figures I remember them when I was a kid. I had The Viking looking guy, the liquid leaks out eventuly.
    Last edited by braxsis364; July 20, 2013 at 10:29am. Reason: edited just to put a smiley

Quote Originally Posted by belmont View Post
    he practically has no neck, but good ankles, very good figure! my grip from the claw was bent though and is very soft. His lips are a bit overdone as well, more subtility would be more appropriate. But all in all, very nice Classic!
    Ahhh, thank you my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    Am I the only one getting a Captain Power vibe from this? Swap the purple for blue and there ya go.
    I totally got that vibe when I first saw this fig with the helmet on!

Finally opened Clamp Champ...love him but AGAIN, his head is too small. The face is better proportioned this time but the head is puny.

I don't mind the "wireless power pack" on his back either. It ties in with the boot color very well.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    Finally opened Clamp Champ...love him but AGAIN, his head is too small. The face is better proportioned this time but the head is puny.

I don't mind the "wireless power pack" on his back either. It ties in with the boot color very well.
    Too small heads with the jawline jutting out compensating for the head being too small for the neck seems to be a new norm, that I wish would stop...let whoever sculpted the male Humanoid heads before Fisto go back to doing it, the other guy should stop. He-Man, MAA...etc all had properly scaled heads....these new ones, not so much.

Or at least make a damn Voodoo MOTUC dude to explain all the shrunken heads anymore.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

After getting my sub fiasco fixed, I finally got mine today. NA He-Man is probably my favorite He-Man version now. He looks pretty cool, but I can't help but think if this was wrestling that him and Bow would be tag team partners because of the same pants and boots.

Clamp-Champ is probably one of my least favorite characters in the line. His weapon is cool, but it seems useless to me that he would have this big weapon but has to be up close to an enemy to use it. I'm really surprised that Mattel didn't give him DOS's, not just because he is a vintage character, but he was basically cheap for Mattel to make. New head, weapons, and armor are all that is new since he basically uses the He-Man buck. I thought Mattel could profit big on this figure.

Also, I got Icer today. He is one of the best figures in the line. You got to love the blue on him. The only wierd thing is the back of his head is really tiny.....and to see it sitting on a huge neck is weird looking.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Received my Clamp Champ recently and he's now one of my favorite heroic warriors.He doesn't look as aged as I was expecting either.If I had one gripe it would be that his clamps are too large.
    Last edited by King Criss79; July 24, 2013 at 03:37am.

I cant believe no one has posted photos of him with the gold powersword from the 30th dvd collection. Not the best photo but whatever

NA He-Man gold sword1.jpg

German fans might be familiar with this pose

NA He-Man german1.jpg
    10-15-2011 1:30pm Eastern
    The MOTUC line and all its fans were taken for the ass

Let us never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
    I cant believe no one has posted photos of him with the gold powersword from the 30th dvd collection.

Brilliant. I had almost forgotten about that gold sword. After seeing your post, I went and grabbed the gold sword and put it right in his hand. I love it.

I have three NA He-Mans, I'll keep one with the NA sword and one with the gold sword.

Deciding what to do with the third one. Don't know yet.