Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Castaspella Video Review by Pixel Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Looks pretty good and worthy addition to the collection...despite being a hero.
    I'm confused.... You? Castaspella?

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Quote of the day right here.
    I agree, despite the lack of boot cut, she is one of the top 5 Females in the line to me.

Teela, Frosta, (now) Casta, Octavia & TOD Sorceress (only beats regular Sorceress because of the articulated thighs and, she looks better in Teela's boots)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    The skin tone from face to body is definitely noticeable, unfortunately.

Yeah, it is, just like Wun-Dar....hopefully it's less noticeable in person. It's whatever, but it does kind of matter....

I just don't know why they can never match paint to plastic color, at least for skin tones.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    The skin tone from face to body is definitely noticeable, unfortunately.
    PD already said its not noticeable in hand, its the lighting
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Hm, to me seems like the weakest of the POP figures so far. Would definitely rank her below Star Sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    PD already said its not noticeable in hand, its the lighting
    That's going to vary person to person I'm afraid, and likely based on our individual lighing set-ups & standards, if any.

What is not really noticeable (different than not noticeable) to one person may be glaring to another. I think/hope that I will be fine with Casta, but Dan & I do often see figures through 2 different lenses. At least that is my perception based on his videos.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

I'm glad they chose to go with a deeper blue than the turquoise we saw in some prototypes. She looks absolutely beautiful. This one was a slam dunk on the part of 4H.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I'm confused.... You? Castaspella?

Yeah, I'm the avant-garde evil-doer...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post
    Hm, to me seems like the weakest of the POP figures so far. Would definitely rank her below Star Sisters.
    ????

I personally think she's one of the best Females in the line. That's a seriously opposite ends of the spectrum differences in personal opinion, as opposed to everyone else who's posted so far.

Do you collect POP?
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

She is perfect. Man the Horsemen are really starting to hit their stride with the females. Netossa, Octavia, and now Castaspella have all turned out beautiful. The face sculpts and face apps have been great. I really hope we see more than one female character revealed at SDCC! Now if they can find a way to resolve the leotard issue.

She really does look amazing. Love the face sculpt & the vibrant colors. I especially like the bolts of lightening on her. The wheel spin thingy is pretty lame. But that lime green spell caster is awesome! Well done 4H. I think I actually like her better than Shokoti.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    That's going to vary person to person I'm afraid, and likely based on our individual lighing set-ups & standards, if any.

What is not really noticeable (different than not noticeable) to one person may be glaring to another. I think/hope that I will be fine with Casta, but Dan & I do often see figures through 2 different lenses. At least that is my perception based on his videos.
    Couldn't have said it better.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back-half!) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 12) Saurod 13) Blast-Attak 14) Karg 15) Gwildor 16) Lodar 17) Mask of Power Demons

Good review Dan.

Maybe we could get that blast repainted in a weapons pack for Shadow Weaver.

Isn't Castaspella the Queen of Mysticor? strange the bio doesn't mention this
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    She is perfect. Man the Horsemen are really starting to hit their stride with the females. Netossa, Octavia, and now Castaspella have all turned out beautiful. The face sculpts and face apps have been great. I really hope we see more than one female character revealed at SDCC! Now if they can find a way to resolve the leotard issue.
    They still haven't gotten their bottoms right yet....and some still have looser ankles, but otherwise the sculpts are really good. I own all but 3 of the MOTUC Females, it would have been 2, but I had to sell Shadow Weaver, passed on Explodess, and BG Teela just didn't do anything for me....she's not my Teela.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Her face and hair sculpt is beautiful and i have to admit the colors look good even though iīm not a fan of her FILMATION appearance, as a figure i loved her in FILMATION i didnīt liked her. The voice, her stories, her attitude…i simply never liked her in the cartoon.

The figure on the other side is gorgeous!

Iīm not pleased with the clip on wheel. It looks cheap and thatīs something i have never thought before regarding MOTUC.

And i truly hope that idea/system is not used for Peekablue since that wheel was the vintage way of an action feature and not really a wheel but more like a magic effect and Peekablues feathers are part of her body and shouldīt be removable like that.

Iīm really looking forward to her but i know i wonīt display mine with that wheel !
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Wow, I can't express how fantastic she turned out! She's been a top want of mine for a long time, and should couldn't have turned out better. Can't wait to get her next month!

Very nice figure! Would be nice to have the magic-disc in a weapons pack in translucent yellow with sparks for Starla.

My #2 POP want, and she is OMG uber awesome freaking fantastically gorgeous! I'm so happy! She looks just like I wanted.

Worst part is she's NEXT months figure and I'm saving her for my birthday, so she'll be here for about 6 days before I open her.
    Eh, who am I kidding? My will power won't hold that long. Heck, I'll probably run to the UPS truck before the driver gets it in park, start bouncing up and down, all while screaming "Gimmie, gimmie, gimmie!"
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Not a figure I am picking up but glad she has pleased so many people. Really like her head sculpt.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    She looks amazing! Her head reminds me of 200X Teela Another great job Dan! Like someone said before me a figure I didn't even know I wanted till the Horsemen worked their magic.

This post! This made my day
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Castaspella looks AMAZING! Looking forward to adding her to the ranks.

And another great review, Dan. Thanks!
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

A+ figure! Outstanding, I can't say enough about it!
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    I agree that they 4H are really knocking it out of the park with the females now...maybe it's a blessing that most of them have been saved until now, haha. They are going to be amazing from here forward!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    Castaspella looks awesome! It's a shame about the terrible bio though.

No mention of ruling Mystacore/Mysticore, being the guardian of the Book of Spells, being trained by the great wizard Norwyn with Light Spinner/Shadow Weaver or her time as a prisoner of Mortella. Surely the bios could have been updated once Mattel acquired the rights to Filmation?
    This was my first thought as well. There was so much they could have pulled from for her, yet the entire bio sounds like it was for somebody else. Also "special friends" with Angella and Frosta? I barely even remember her interacting with either of them. Unless its referring tp how they are all rulers of their lands, but even then it doesn't actually mention that fact at all.

I cant wait till she gets here.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post
    You must not own the same Star Sisters that I do?

Great review Dan! Sad there was no "Comparison Time". If I were closer, I'd of sent you my Vintage Casta to use..
    The figure looks great, but I feel her face paint, while clean, is a little dull.

Can you please tell me what colour the head is moulded in? Thanks.