Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Castaspella Video Review by Pixel Dan

Apart from that "Over Makeup" face, Casta is a SLAM DUNK !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

Great review! My favorite PoP character and she looks amazing! Great work by the 4H!

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Good review Dan.

Maybe we could get that blast repainted in a weapons pack for Shadow Weaver.

Isn't Castaspella the Queen of Mysticor? strange the bio doesn't mention this
    In translucent purple would be great! ("evil" color)
    Re: the bio. Yet even more proof that the writer knows diddly squat about PoP and its background. Looks like he pasted together clips from various Barbie bios!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Dan, can u put her head on Teela's body? It might be a cool 200x Teela variant!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tumalu View Post
    300? Did Toyguru confirm this number himself?
    The line was originally thought to last until 2016 (before they got access to Filmation), how the heck were we supposed to get 300 characters produced in such a few years?
    The line was planned to continue PAST 2016, not until. With the original roadmap, in 2017, we would have been finishing up all of the NA heroes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chudman1000 View Post
    This was my first thought as well. There was so much they could have pulled from for her, yet the entire bio sounds like it was for somebody else. Also "special friends" with Angella and Frosta? I barely even remember her interacting with either of them. Unless its referring tp how they are all rulers of their lands, but even then it doesn't actually mention that fact at all.

I was right. This bio was written back in 2009, before Mattel got the Filmation Rights. Stuff is taken from the style guide and TG usually doesn't go back and make alterations.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I think the figure looks great, she may be my favorite female in the line based on the video.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for the review Dan, she looks great. I never collected the vintage POP figures back in the day, but I am so glad MOTUC has included them in the line as IMHO they have turned out quite well and really fit in the whole MOTU umbrella. Looking forward to more POP!

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    You must not own the same Star Sisters that I do?
    I don't even own them, because I don't like them....Castaspella is worlds apart from any of them....
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    This bio was written back in 2009, before Mattel got the Filmation Rights. Stuff is taken from the style guide and TG usually doesn't go back and make alterations.
    Arr right, that makes sense, cheers mate
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior
    Another great review, Dan! Castaspella is a character I never knew I wanted, but there's so much potential there, and I can't wait to have her in my collection. That magic burst effect is too cool, and like a lot of others, I hope we see it in different colors down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    Another great review, Dan! Castaspella is a character I never knew I wanted, but there's so much potential there, and I can't wait to have her in my collection. That magic burst effect is too cool, and like a lot of others, I hope we see it in different colors down the road.
    Awesome post! It's great to hear people being converted and I'm not surprised Castaspella has that effect. She's ace, after all!

I'd love to see Glimmer come with a 'spell' blast. One in pink would look hot. And perhaps a shadow coil attachment for Shadow Weaver in a future Weapons Pak.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

I really like her colors! Very excited for her and hoping that we get her magic recolored in a weapons pak.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Yeah, I'm the avant-garde evil-doer...
    Well, you are justified in that some of the POP ladybird books, or mini-comics (I'm not sure which), Castaspella is shown as evil and working with Catra and Entrapta, that's what she was originally meant to be.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    She's gorgeous! My favourite She-Ra character makes it to the line in perfect form
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    I'd love to see Glimmer come with a 'spell' blast. One in pink would look hot. And perhaps a shadow coil attachment for Shadow Weaver in a future Weapons Pak.
    An excellent idea; the spell blast could be done in multiple colors for Weaver, Glimmer, Sorceress (it does fit on the regular female hand from what Dan says), Starla, etc. Heck, I wouldn't mind multiple colors in a single weapons pack; this would be something I think a lot of folks would want a variety of.

As far as the figure goes: WOW! If this is how all the final versions look, they knocked this figure out of the park into the next ball-field. The face is gorgeous, and really evokes the Filmation look from the facial structure to the costume, with some added details to spruce it up. If all the subsequent female denizens of Etheria turn out this good, I will be very happy with my rebels.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    I´m really looking forward to her but i know i won´t display mine with that wheel !
    That's not how she was originally designed. Thank Mattel Design.

But the clip seems just as magic to me as her spell wheel, yet another magic effect, if you will.

Yes, Peekablue needs a different approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    That's not how she was originally designed. Thank Mattel Design.

But the clip seems just as magic to me as her spell wheel, yet another magic effect, if you will.

Yes, Peekablue needs a different approach.

Actually in Pixel Dan's walk through from NYTF he said the where'll was held on there with sticky tack but thee plan from the beginning was going to be to use a clip to attach it.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    Actually in Pixel Dan's walk through from NYTF he said the where'll was held on there with sticky tack but thee plan from the beginning was going to be to use a clip to attach it.
    Actually...no ;-)

If Castaspella is this beautiful, I can't wait to see characters like Angella and Mermista..unless they let the Frosta person sculpt their faces.

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    Dan, can u put her head on Teela's body? It might be a cool 200x Teela variant!
    This please.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    Well, you are justified in that some of the POP ladybird books, or mini-comics (I'm not sure which), Castaspella is shown as evil and working with Catra and Entrapta, that's what she was originally meant to be.
    Really? Hmmm...interesting.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Oh my god that is a beautiful figure. I can't wait!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Per suggestions, Castaspella's head on Teela's body!

It's Comparison Time!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Now that´s AWESOME!!!!!!!

I used Castaspellas figure as Teela substituted with let down hair sometimes and seeing those pictures shows me i wasn´t that far off!
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Really? Hmmm...interesting.
    You really want her now....huh?
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    I think Castaspella looks great and can't wait for her. I think she may be one of my favorite figures this year and one I've been looking forward to most in the whole collection. I'm glad they used the cartoon colours though. As much as I like a lot of the old POP toy designs, I always thought her toy orange and gold kind of cladhed and looked bland, but like how the blue and yellow stood out more.