Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Castaspella Video Review by Pixel Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    Well, you are justified in that some of the POP ladybird books, or mini-comics (I'm not sure which), Castaspella is shown as evil and working with Catra and Entrapta, that's what she was originally meant to be.
    I thought that was her cousin Allepsatsac, who had the same design but her color palette was reversed

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    You really want her now....huh?
    Not really. I like to play hard to get...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

WOW! She's perfect!

Here's your figure of the year people.

Great vid review as always! And Castaspella looks great. Reminds me of the beautiful face sculpt for Netossa, a figure whom I get to admire daily on my desk at work. Her face is the best female the Horsemen have done for this or any line. This being my humble opinion of course.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Wish the shield had metallic paint app like Frosta's did, but beyond that she is superb. I have wanted the FILMation colors with the vintage disk since the line started, even though I feared it would be gaudy. Glad to see it's not!

Can't wait!

I'm really excited about Casta. It's so exciting to get more of the core Rebels, it feels like it took an eternity to get her added to the ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    ...it feels like it took an eternity to get her added to the ranks.

It did.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    I'm really excited about Casta. It's so exciting to get more of the core Rebels, it feels like it took an eternity to get her added to the ranks.
    It has been, I've wanted her since getting into MOTUC in July 2011.... so 2 years for me on my most wanted list.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

The head sculpt really does look great.

I so SO wish they'd take another turn at the Filmation She-Ra head. She looks so awful by comparison....

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    The head sculpt really does look great.

I so SO wish they'd take another turn at the Filmation She-Ra head. She looks so awful by comparison....
    Me too. I would LOVE for the Four Horsemen to get another go at Filmation She-ra, with more detailed tiara and better face apps (not that the paint is any of the 4 horsemen's fault)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe with Starburst/New Adventures She-Ra? I'd like a face-sculpt with a closed mouth. I'm not a huge fan of the sexy pout/open lips sculpts.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    WOW! She's perfect!

Here's your figure of the year people.
    I like her, but really??? Ram Man, Mantenna, Fang Man, and Jitsu would all rank higher on my figure of the year list and then if it truely is figure of the year and not MOTUC figure of year I don't know what would be the figure of the year?

I'm really excited for this figure. Thanks for another great review Pixel Dan!

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronica Mars View Post
    I thought that was her cousin Allepsatsac, who had the same design but her color palette was reversed
    Nope. Casta was originally meant to be evil.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Wish the shield had metallic paint app like Frosta's did, but beyond that she is superb.
    They made it translucent to match her spell blast and hypnotic disc, so I guess all three are supposed to be magical constructs.

My one nitpick is that her hypno disc isn't loose enough to spin properly. The same flaw that Frosta's staff has.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    My one nitpick is that her hypno disc isn't loose enough to spin properly. The same flaw that Frosta's staff has.
    Safety Reasons !
    Last edited by TUC138; July 16, 2013 at 08:58am.
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Dan that looks awesome!

Wow! She looks great swapped.

Which makes Teela's lack of availability probably more annoying. I do hope there is a Teela 3.0 in the works at some point in the duration of this line.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    Wow! She looks great swapped.

Which makes Teela's lack of availability probably more annoying. I do hope there is a Teela 3.0 in the works at some point in the duration of this line.
    We haven't even gotten 2.0 yet....BG Teela is not a 2.0, she is a variant, and one not everyone cares about....2.0 would be like BP She-Ra, be more or less a standard looking Teela updated, with new stuff (like a removable Sorceress cloak or something) and the Female 2.0 buck under it. Otherwise any other Teela would just be a straight Variant....

And also if it were the case....we'd already have He-Man 6.0 with NA He-Man through variants.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    We haven't even gotten 2.0 yet....BG Teela is not a 2.0, she is a variant, and one not everyone cares about....2.0 would be like BP She-Ra, be more or less a standard looking Teela updated, with new stuff (like a removable Sorceress cloak or something) and the Female 2.0 buck under it. Otherwise any other Teela would just be a straight Variant....

And also if it were the case....we'd already have He-Man 6.0 with NA He-Man through variants.
    I can see where you're coming from, but in my world variants are new versions of the character. Just a different way of looking at the same thing.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Maybe with Starburst/New Adventures She-Ra? I'd like a face-sculpt with a closed mouth. I'm not a huge fan of the sexy pout/open lips sculpts.
    Yeah, no kidding. I wouldn't even call them "sexy pout lips". They're more like - WT?? lips. I'll never understand why they were done that way.

The problem with a Starburst She-Ra is that she wouldn't have the Filmation tiara and THAT also needs a resculpt. It leans forwards, and the wings don't quite sit right or look right.

I just hope that if they do make a Starburst She-Ra head, she looks HAPPY. All the vintage She-Ra faces looked HAPPY.

Wouldn't it be awesome if they sculpted a "Heads Pack" with better heads for Frosta and She-Ra?

(...so they could fleece us again?? What am I thinking!?!?)

Heroic Warrior
    Wouldn't it be awesome if they sculpted a "Heads Pack" with better heads for Frosta and She-Ra?
    And a Netossa head WITH a mask/helmet!

Wow- Casta's head on Teela looks so much better than Teela's head on Teela... LOL!
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Castaspella looks to be one of the best female figures in the line hands down.

The only negative I can see is that damn gummy hand. What the heck? It's cheap. I mean seriously?

Other than that she's beautiful.

I can't wait to get Glimmer now.

Awesome... I knew it would rock!!! Thanks man!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!