Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 49 of 49

Thread: Poll Results: Favorite 200x characters in MOTUC AND Huntara versus Masque

  1. #26
    Heroic Warrior Jeevesosiris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Chesterfield, UK
    Posts
    1,601
    I am glad Evilseed did so well, I really hope we see his 200X version over the Filmation one - or at the very least a mixture with different heads etc.

    I would buy most of these guys and gals honestly.
    The Lurkiest

    **Scott please make me a Staghorn**

  2. #27
    Heroic Warrior Swanmarsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,866
    Am in shock that the Kulatek Elder polled absolute bottom.

    Didn't Mattel propose a Kulatek figure in the 200x line that never made it to final production? Other than the Staction figures, there were no known prototypes for 200x but if the Kulatek represents one of those, it would be cool to have represented. However, looks like I'm on my own here! LOL.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

    Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

  3. #28
    Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    I am glad Evilseed did so well, I really hope we see his 200X version over the Filmation one - or at the very least a mixture with different heads etc.
    MYP Evil-Seed is LONG overdue. The design works much better within the Classics line. If they do include a Filmation head, I hope it's packed at the very bottom of the card so we can have a carded Evil-Seed displayed in his MYP style.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

  4. #29
    Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Penny Dreadful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Massachusetts, US
    Posts
    3,248
    I'd personally want any of the characters in the list over Tuvar and Baddrah. Not sure why so many folks are keen on getting the two halves of Two Bad as figures. I'd rather just have a straight-up Two Bad figure.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England


    OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

  5. #30
    Hero of Eternia zodak74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Point Dread
    Posts
    12,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Am in shock that the Kulatek Elder polled absolute bottom.

    Didn't Mattel propose a Kulatek figure in the 200x line that never made it to final production? Other than the Staction figures, there were no known prototypes for 200x but if the Kulatek represents one of those, it would be cool to have represented. However, looks like I'm on my own here! LOL.
    They did show a sketch of it in 2005, at a con I think? Along with those unpainted prototypes of Clamp Champ, Snout Spout, Hordak & The Sorceress... a teaser of what was planned before the decision to nix the line in '04. In fact, I think they were trying to figure out a viable way of releasing them... and then came the staction line not too long after, if I'm not mixing things up.
    So yeah, you could say the Kulatuk is long overdue! I know I voted him towards the top...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    I'd personally want any of the characters in the list over Tuvar and Baddrah. Not sure why so many folks are keen on getting the two halves of Two Bad as figures. I'd rather just have a straight-up Two Bad figure.
    Exactly how I feel, as well.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

  6. #31
    Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    8,379
    I'm a little disappointed at how low Ceratus ranked, but Evilseed and Dactys were my top two picks, so glad to see them faring well.

    I'm also more interested in Masque than Huntara, but I'd like to see both make the cut.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

  7. #32
    wants Dragstor!!! Sir Reilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Plains of Perpetua
    Posts
    13,891
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Wow...mad love for the Horde Wraiths! Are we looking at the next great army builder?
    I would be in for that!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

  8. #33
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    I'd personally want any of the characters in the list over Tuvar and Baddrah. Not sure why so many folks are keen on getting the two halves of Two Bad as figures. I'd rather just have a straight-up Two Bad figure.
    I think fans want all three, including Two Bad.

    With Tuvar and Baddhra, you get two bad-ass bounty hunters or you could make the ultimate Two-Bad using Baddhra's 200X head (Tuvar might be masked and his unmasked head wasn't any different from his Vintage head) and both bounty hunter's varied weapon arsenal (Tuvar's cloak and net, Baddhra's staff, Tuvar's twin daggers).

    Besides...fans do "former state" figures. Look at Keldor. We have a Kronis figure as a by product of Trap Jaw. There are fans who want Lightspinner and Karak Nul.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 15, 2013 at 07:54am.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  9. #34
    Quester JonWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    13,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Am in shock that the Kulatek Elder polled absolute bottom.
    Me too. Think of how cool he'd look with/fighting Icer! I wonder if people think he wouldn't look as cool on a MOTUC buck?


    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    I'd personally want any of the characters in the list over Tuvar and Baddrah. Not sure why so many folks are keen on getting the two halves of Two Bad as figures. I'd rather just have a straight-up Two Bad figure.
    Indeed! I don't really get it either. I guess I would be okay with them WAY down the line in 2020 or something. But there are so many more characters, especially in 200X that I'd rather see.


    Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    I'm a little disappointed at how low Ceratus ranked, but Evilseed and Dactys were my top two picks, so glad to see them faring well.

    I'm also more interested in Masque than Huntara, but I'd like to see both make the cut.
    I think the issue with Ceratus might be that people would fear he'd be Whiplash with a new head. Same reason Stingrad didn't even make the cut.

  10. #35
    Heroic Warrior Ravenskarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Grantham, Lincolnshire UK
    Posts
    106
    Just been thinking about the amount of slots vs how many high demanded characters remain that could feasibly be made over the space of the next two years. These are my thoughts. The following show in order the factions together rather than the possible order of monthly line-ups:

    2014

    Jan/ Rio-Blast
    Feb/ Extendar
    Mar/ Gwildor
    1st Quarter/ Modulok
    Apr/ Two-Bad
    Exclusive Figure/ Scorpia
    May/ Saurod
    Jun/ Blade
    2nd Quarter/ Multibot
    Jul/ Ninjor
    Aug/ Dragstor
    Sep/ Tung Lashor
    3rd Quarter/ Roton & Twistoid
    Oct/ Squeeze
    Nov/ Glimmer
    4th Quarter/ Cowl & Imp
    Dec/ Queen Angella

    SDCC exclusive figures: Critta and Mara two pack.

    Presuming we get a Filmation sub light for 2013:

    Jul/ Strong Arm
    Aug/ Masque
    Sep/ Granita
    Oct/ Hawk
    Nov/ Vultak
    Dec/ Hunga the Harpy

    Then to round things off, presuming 2015 is like 2012 in regards to SKUs:

    Jan/ Sweet Bee
    Jan/ Mermista
    Feb/ Peekablue
    Mar/ Flutterina
    1st Quarter/ Madam Razz
    Sub Exclusive Figure/ Lizard Man
    Apr/ Perfuma
    Apr/ Entrapta
    May/ Double Trouble
    Jun/ Hydron
    Jun/ Flogg
    2nd Quarter/ Trollans
    Jul/ Master Sebrian
    Aug/ Kallix
    Aug/ Veena
    Sept/ Lord Dactys
    3rd Quarter/ Evil Seed
    Oct/ Horde Wraith
    Oct/ Hoove
    Nov/ Lodar
    4th Quarter/ Sagitar
    Dec/ Eldor
    Dec/ Darius

    SDCC exclusive figure: Robot Knights.

    Presuming we get another Filmation Sub light for 2015:

    Jul/ King Miro
    Aug/ General Sunder
    Sep/ Kittrina
    Oct/ Dragoon
    Nov/ Dylamug
    Dec/ General Tataran

    Not in this order obviously, but you get the idea. If we are to get all the fan demanded characters, and wrap up the line by the end of 2015, this is the amount of SKUs they'll need. It can be done if done correctly.

  11. #36
    Searchin' My Soul DisneyBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    3,207
    Bummed Huntara didn't come out in front. For those of you saying you need Masque because you have Shokoti...at least you have Shokoti! Huntara is a female character and therefore less likely to get some love from Matty. Masque was always going to be made - he's a male with minimal tooling required.

    But again - this is probably about game-playing on the company's part. I suspect Huntara will get made...I just don't want to be waiting and wondering for another two or three years before it happens...the way I am with many of the She-Ra characters...

  12. #37
    Heroic Warrior RocketPunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,199
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Me too. Think of how cool he'd look with/fighting Icer! I wonder if people think he wouldn't look as cool on a MOTUC buck?
    That's why i'm in no hurry to get him. Mattel will probably reuse the Beast Man body, all in white, with a new head. Not very exciting, imo, so i'm not surprised he came last.

    I'm a little disappointed that the skeleton warriors were near the bottom. Those guys would be almost guaranteed to receive unique new sculpts, and would give Skeletor a proper army at last to match the Snake Men and the Evil Horde.

  13. #38
    Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,930
    My personal must have characters are:

    Skeleton Warrior
    Horde Wraith
    Prahvus
    Hawke
    Evilseed
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

  14. #39
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Muncie, IN
    Posts
    1,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenskarr View Post
    Just been thinking about the amount of slots vs how many high demanded characters remain that could feasibly be made over the space of the next two years. These are my thoughts. The following show in order the factions together rather than the possible order of monthly line-ups:

    2014

    Jan/ Rio-Blast
    Feb/ Extendar
    Mar/ Gwildor
    1st Quarter/ Modulok
    Apr/ Two-Bad
    Exclusive Figure/ Scorpia
    May/ Saurod
    Jun/ Blade
    2nd Quarter/ Multibot
    Jul/ Ninjor
    Aug/ Dragstor
    Sep/ Tung Lashor
    3rd Quarter/ Roton & Twistoid
    Oct/ Squeeze
    Nov/ Glimmer
    4th Quarter/ Cowl & Imp
    Dec/ Queen Angella

    SDCC exclusive figures: Critta and Mara two pack.

    Presuming we get a Filmation sub light for 2013:

    Jul/ Strong Arm
    Aug/ Masque
    Sep/ Granita
    Oct/ Hawk
    Nov/ Vultak
    Dec/ Hunga the Harpy

    Then to round things off, presuming 2015 is like 2012 in regards to SKUs:

    Jan/ Sweet Bee
    Jan/ Mermista
    Feb/ Peekablue
    Mar/ Flutterina
    1st Quarter/ Madam Razz
    Sub Exclusive Figure/ Lizard Man
    Apr/ Perfuma
    Apr/ Entrapta
    May/ Double Trouble
    Jun/ Hydron
    Jun/ Flogg
    2nd Quarter/ Trollans
    Jul/ Master Sebrian
    Aug/ Kallix
    Aug/ Veena
    Sept/ Lord Dactys
    3rd Quarter/ Evil Seed
    Oct/ Horde Wraith
    Oct/ Hoove
    Nov/ Lodar
    4th Quarter/ Sagitar
    Dec/ Eldor
    Dec/ Darius

    SDCC exclusive figure: Robot Knights.

    Presuming we get another Filmation Sub light for 2015:

    Jul/ King Miro
    Aug/ General Sunder
    Sep/ Kittrina
    Oct/ Dragoon
    Nov/ Dylamug
    Dec/ General Tataran

    Not in this order obviously, but you get the idea. If we are to get all the fan demanded characters, and wrap up the line by the end of 2015, this is the amount of SKUs they'll need. It can be done if done correctly.

    Wow that 2015 would have a hard time meeting the minimum number of sub holders I would bet.

  15. #40
    Heroic Warrior Ravenskarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Grantham, Lincolnshire UK
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    Wow that 2015 would have a hard time meeting the minimum number of sub holders I would bet.
    I didn't mean in that particular order, but necessarily, if Scott wishes to wrap up the line in the next two years I don't know how else he's going to manage it.

  16. #41
    Heroic Warrior T-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    N.W. Indiana
    Posts
    504
    Reveals done and no 200x EVILSEED although it was nice to see Dactus and he is very well done.

    Toyguru ...Please give us EVILSEED in 2014!

  17. #42
    Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,767
    Since I'm about 99% sure we won't be getting a 200X mini sub anytime soon, I'm hoping Scott remembers to give us ONE, yes ONE MYP/200X character (I'm not referring to an Eternian steed like Battle Lion) in 2014. MYP Evilseed is CLEARLY the most desired character from this era, so why not give us this figure in 2014?

    Filmation received their own sub and now so has PoP. The upcoming 2014 offering already has two NA figures, one movie figure, and one mini-comic figure. It isn't too much to ask for our most requested MYP figure.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

  18. #43
    Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,767
    Well, 2015 has to be the year of MYP Evilseed! Considering how unbelievably well the Snake Armor He-Man vs 200X King Hsss have been received, I have no doubt an MYP Evilseed will look just as amazing.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

  19. #44
    Heroic Warrior Poweron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    220
    It's always quite interesting to look back on threads like these in light of new information.

    If Evilseed doesn't show up somehow in 2015, I'll be surprised and a little disappointed.

    We have a Huntara revealed and no Lord Masque - even though Lord Masque beat her in the poll.

    The concept of having "previous incarnation" characters grows on me more and more because I love to display different eras in the MOTU mythos. It gives a fun sense of continuity, and it really enriches certain periods in the history of the narrative that may only have one or two representatives.

    I joined the Org too late to participate in the poll . . . I probably would have voted Huntara (and also desperately hoped for a Lord Masque while doing so), and I would have pushed for King Miro and the Horde Wraiths especially - also Prahvus.

  20. #45
    Heroic Warrior Jinxieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Longview, WA
    Posts
    725
    Quote Originally Posted by Poweron View Post
    It's always quite interesting to look back on threads like these in light of new information.

    If Evilseed doesn't show up somehow in 2015, I'll be surprised and a little disappointed.

    We have a Huntara revealed and no Lord Masque - even though Lord Masque beat her in the poll.

    The concept of having "previous incarnation" characters grows on me more and more because I love to display different eras in the MOTU mythos. It gives a fun sense of continuity, and it really enriches certain periods in the history of the narrative that may only have one or two representatives.

    I joined the Org too late to participate in the poll . . . I probably would have voted Huntara (and also desperately hoped for a Lord Masque while doing so), and I would have pushed for King Miro and the Horde Wraiths especially - also Prahvus.
    If your talking about the fan vote, that was done at SDCC last year and was open to fans who attended the MattyCollector panel. And Huntara won that vote.

  21. #46
    Powerful Wizard Arvulis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In the Timeless Dimension
    Posts
    1,394
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    Well, 2015 has to be the year of MYP Evilseed! Considering how unbelievably well the Snake Armor He-Man vs 200X King Hsss have been received, I have no doubt an MYP Evilseed will look just as amazing.
    And what about a Prahvus + his Sled 2-pack or Calix. They would be AWESOME !!

  22. #47
    Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvulis View Post
    And what about a Prahvus + his Sled 2-pack or Calix. They would be AWESOME !!
    I definitely want Prahvus, but I'd rather have Stridor instead of his sled. As for Calix, he'd be pretty cool too, but I'd rather get MYP Sorceress before both Prahvus or Calix.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

  23. #48
    TWIGGET ENTHUSIAST! Swifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield, CT USA
    Posts
    1,605
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    Filmation received their own sub and now so has PoP. The upcoming 2014 offering already has two NA figures, one movie figure, and one mini-comic figure. It isn't too much to ask for our most requested MYP figure.
    2015 will be the year of 200x in Classics just as this year was the year of POP.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

  24. #49
    Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    2015 will be the year of 200x in Classics just as this year was the year of POP.
    That sounds great.

    2013: The year of Filmation with a 6 figure mini-sub as well as Fang Man, Plundor, and Octavia in the Club Eternia sub.

    2014: The year of PoP with their own mini-sub 6 figure mini-sub(NA She-Ra doesn't count) as well as Glimmer, Flutterina, Mermista and Arrow in the main sub.

    2015: Year of MYP with the SA He-Man vs. 200X King Hsss 2pk in the mains sub, and hopefully an MYP mini-sub including MYP Evilseed, MYP Sorceress, Prahvus, Veena, Calix , MYP Prince Adam vs. MYP Teela!
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •