View Poll Results: Would you be open to a Monster High type reboot & figure line for Princess of Po

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 59.09%
  • No

9 40.91%

Thread: She-Ra toyline reboot ala Monster High

She-Ra toyline reboot ala Monster High

Hiya.

I was just wondering if anybody else would be intersted in if the Princess of Power line got a reboot but in a way similar to Monster High or Ever After High.

Clearly there is a market for those dolls and She-Ra may or may not fit into that market. In my mind, they'd have rooted hair, plastic & cloth combo armor, still have the weapons and stuff (perhaps they could attend a warrior academy or something). I'm cool if they alter the premise but I get that not everyone would be on board with that.

Just an up-down, yes or no poll. However, if yes feel free to put your own spin on it and share how you'd see it going down.

*sry, ran out of room for the poll question
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

I've thought about this quite a bit, and I think it could work... though personally I'd be more into these being hybrids like they were in the '80s... done very much like the current MOTUC figures as far as articulation and size, but not being afraid to use cloth goods or rooted hair.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

I'd be down if they were heavily influence by their toys. I've really come to appreciate the toy style as its own identity compared to Filmation. Clearly, the vintage toy style has very little influence on PoP's representation in MOTUC. This would be a way to revisit those original toy styles, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    I'd be down if they were heavily influence by their toys. I've really come to appreciate the toy style as its own identity compared to Filmation. Clearly, the vintage toy style has very little influence on PoP's representation in MOTUC. This would be a way to revisit those original toy styles, imo.
    I totally agree. I would love to see this done.

I would love to see Commemorative packs of vintage-style figures, including the unproduced Star Sisters, that would be released a few months in advance of an all-new toy line.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I would love to see Commemorative packs of vintage-style figures, including the unproduced Star Sisters, that would be released a few months in advance of an all-new toy line.
    I'm actually surprised they haven't done a commemorative PoP line. I've seen pics from the MOTU commemorative line and they seem pretty cool, never researched them beyond that though.

Heroic Warrior
    Yep, but only if done in the same scale and 4H style of the current Classics.

Plus, with the cloth outfit angle, Mattel would have a perfect excuse to buy that Golden Girl license that's languishing out in the ether, and universal harmony would ensue as that story and its characters got folded into the PoP storyline!

Well, I can dream..
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

This would not be something I'd be interested in. I'd buy a Barbie as She-ra or Teela but they'd have to look just like the classics figures or Filmation but in doll form. MH style dolls would be geared towards girls.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I'm not going to lie, if it came out I'd probably buy it. It's not the direction I'd like to see them go though as those aren't the types of things I collect.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Widget
    No!!!