Page 34 of 72 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC sighting at Big Lots!

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    I was looking for a Clawful (just for his head) and a MEF (Figure only) for customs and nada..

Funny thing is old stock or not these items are at retail in a way and are sold out or selling out and you mean to tell me Mattel couldn't figure out how to do this on a similar basis???
    Actually they did do this once, it was the last Mad Matty Sale they did where you bought a box full of whatever they sent you. Got Tytus, Bow, Moss-man, and the Mo-larr set for $40 plus shipping. That's $10 each. Why Mattel didn't do another one of these (since they apparently had so much) is one of the many head-scratchers about this line.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Heroic Warrior
    Gadsden AL, found 2 Cyclones,1 Marzo 1 Faceless one,1 Vykore 3 pack.

Left the Marzo, 1Cyclone, and 2 large ghostbusters statues.

I seriously doubt this was any kind of planned gettign them back into the market for kids plan, this was a clearing out random stuff to make a little spare cash.

The figures cost matty about 10 cents to make they marke them up to around $30 now, then they sell them to big lots they charge $10, so you have to think what little they solde them to Big Lots for.

I mean they still have the older DC figures settign there for $16 right down the isle from these MOTUC.
    Last edited by Jestermon; August 1, 2013 at 07:14pm.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    If Big Lots is asking $10 apiece, Matty probably sold them no more than $5 apiece. Big Lots has to markup for a profit, as well as to cover warehouse and transportation to store costs.

Would've been nicer if these had gone to Family Dollar though, they're a nicer store overall and have a wider spread of stores. If one FD gets something in they usually all do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    Actually they did do this once, it was the last Mad Matty Sale they did where you bought a box full of whatever they sent you. Got Tytus, Bow, Moss-man, and the Mo-larr set for $40 plus shipping. That's $10 each. Why Mattel didn't do another one of these (since they apparently had so much) is one of the many head-scratchers about this line.
    Yea I don't get it either they could have made money for themselves if they did something like this again OR sold them individual instead for $10 how many people would have bought them then....

Just saw Adora, Count Marzo, and Icarus at the Dyer store in El Paso.

Did u pick anything up fellow El Paso fan!

I don't think NJ is hooked up... Nothing in clifton either
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Heroic Warrior
    This was probably easier for them. Don't have to have a 'sale day', no DR screwing up computer stuff... Nobody calling and complaining about shipping... nobody calling for refunds or exchanges...

As was pointed out, they DID put them up for sale on the site... numerous times and people didn't buy them. I really can't fault them for dumping them wherever they can make some money.

Heroic Warrior
    I've been collecting these since 2009, but mostly focusing on weapons, vehicles and a limited number of characters. Finding some of these at retail hasn't brought me back, because I hadn't left, but it has brought some more excitement to me for the line. I'n the last week, to week and a half, I've found Mo-Larr, Carnivus and Megator, traded for a Tytus and bought a FFM from the Marketplace here (I had so often heard that FFM sucked that I never actually took the time to see a picture of them until this week). I keep checking BL in the hopes of finding even a couple more non-expensive figs like Faceless One.

I'm still never going to be a subber (sorry), but outside of having to deal with scalpers and the empty shelves they leave in their wake, I am grateful for this experience. It's been fun and fleshing out my MOTUC collection a little has given me more enthusiasm for the line and makes me more likely to buy more figs than I would have from the Marketplace here or from places like BBTS, which helps them justify the subs they buy. Like anything, there are problems with these showing up at BL, but I think that there's good in it too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    This was probably easier for them. Don't have to have a 'sale day', no DR screwing up computer stuff... Nobody calling and complaining about shipping... nobody calling for refunds or exchanges...

As was pointed out, they DID put them up for sale on the site... numerous times and people didn't buy them. I really can't fault them for dumping them wherever they can make some money.
    All these are good points imo. I think that it might not have been a bad idea for them to have a "Really Last Chance" sale, maybe telling people that they were going to liquidate much or all of what didn't sell, so communicating to people to buy it now or that's it. But otherwise I agree.

Just picked up a syclone today in el paso

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I am worried I am going to get Hepatitis from going to BL every time a truck comes in...these stores are FILTHY....Anyway---still no sign of anything at the BL on Diversy and Cicero in CHICAGO.
    Its time for Electroid Love---ARAMESH in 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    I am worried I am going to get Hepatitis from going to BL every time a truck comes in...these stores are FILTHY....Anyway---still no sign of anything at the BL on Diversy and Cicero in CHICAGO.
    Nothing in the Chi burbs either.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    There were 3 Mad Matty Mondays if memory serves correctly. It's a shame that those are done with. I'd have been down for 4-5 packages this time.

According to the Big Lots site Appleton got some....any Wisconsinites confirm? I may go tomorrow.....

Quote Originally Posted by CAIRO View Post
    Did u pick anything up fellow El Paso fan!
    no, already have these, only one I'm really interested in is Thunder Punch He-Man because the one I have has a wondering right eye.

I have never been to any of the ones in the city but I find a good half of chain stores in Chicago are scuzzy. :\ I wonder if the location you visit would make Crest Hill look clean? The closest to me is Oakbrook Terrace which is quite nice. Bolingbrook is quite nice too. I hear Lockport is nice. I have been able to find a few figures in Northern IL/ Southern Wi but hope to find more. Before this I only had 8 MOTUC figures :P It would be nice to find the DC Universe as I missed that Batman.
    Last edited by MrBear; August 2, 2013 at 04:35am.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    According to the Big Lots site Appleton got some....any Wisconsinites confirm? I may go tomorrow.....
    how are you looking these things up? went to the site and couldn't find a way
    Geek Media -

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    Nothing in the Chi burbs either.
    Snake, did you call, or physically go in? I find that there are different results depending on which way you go about it lol!
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out my band, CRUSADER http://crusaderwarmachine.bandcamp.c...rd-into-battle

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    how are you looking these things up? went to the site and couldn't find a way
    Follow this link http://www.biglots.com/p/c/new-arriv...ters-figurines

Select the "Where's the deal" link and then, if necessary, the "Find more locations" link at the bottom of the pop-up.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I was tempted by a Smurfette plush from their Smurfs display, but the thing was actually filthy in-store.

I own several plushes that are 30 years old or more that are cleaner.

Please describe what you mean by "filthy". The Biglots in my area are not "filthy" by any means. I have two near me and they are quite clean. Yes they sell a lot of obscure items and some the stock may be in disarray, but they are by no means filthy. BTW, there have been figures there for the past two weeks that no one has touched (Sy-Klone, Carnivous, Adora, Man-E, Icarius, Faceless One, Megator and Moss Man). I saw them, but I already have them.
    My post count just got bigger.

Heroic Warrior
    There are no Big Lots here in Brooklyn. The closest locations are in New Jersey and Long Island.

Have they been spotted up here yet???

Quote Originally Posted by mkpat View Post
    Please describe what you mean by "filthy". The Biglots in my area are not "filthy" by any means. I have two near me and they are quite clean. Yes they sell a lot of obscure items and some the stock may be in disarray, but they are by no means filthy. BTW, there have been figures there for the past two weeks that no one has touched (Sy-Klone, Carnivous, Adora, Man-E, Icarius, Faceless One, Megator and Moss Man). I saw them, but I already have them.
    Where in Virginia are you? I kind of want another Moss Man.

Widget
    Left Orko, Faceless One, Vykron, Molarr at BL in Laurel, MS. Also Megator, Orko, Vykron in Meridian. They're still showing up because I've been checking both and this is the first time I've seen them
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Quote Originally Posted by cringer75 View Post
    There are no Big Lots here in Brooklyn. The closest locations are in New Jersey and Long Island.

Have they been spotted up here yet???

I just re-checked the one in livingston. got them in this time, but same ones as elsewhere.
    icarus, faceless one, marzo. I picked up an Adora. I can't remember if I had her or she-ra...
    Geek Media -