Page 13 of 72 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC sighting at Big Lots!

My massive big lots haul. They had the usual: Sy-Klone, Grizzlor, Leech and a few others. Unfortunately there were no Mo-Larr vs Skeletor's.

/\ Like.

Nothing at the LW/Big Lots in Edmonton, AB.

Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    Cincinnati -- store # 824. They only have Orko, and there were about 10-12 on the shelf this morning.

That was the ONE store of 17 I called today that seemed to even know what I was talking about.
    Drat.
    Thanks Mangs.
    -Buzz out
    www.hyveofvillainy.com - Evil Action Figures

My ORG FEEDBACK is here.

Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Toys View Post
    My massive big lots haul. They had the usual: Sy-Klone, Grizzlor, Leech and a few others. Unfortunately there were no Mo-Larr vs Skeletor's.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3751/rspp.jpg
    About 30 years too late...
    My post count just got bigger.

Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar

I think the timing of this Big Lots revelation is pretty darn inconvenient.
    The $27 day of price has been a VERY hard pill to swallow all year.
    The decision to re-sub is also upon many of us right now.
    $25 for subscribers or MAYBE 60% OFF that price at a discount store like Big Lots or Ollie's in about a year.

Granted, Big Lots buys overstock for waaaaay under normal costs, but what lesson are we supposed to gain about the actual price vs value of these toys?

I'd venture to guess that ToyGuru and the Suits at Matty are cursing the name Big Lots right about now...
    Thanks Mangs.
    -Buzz out
    www.hyveofvillainy.com - Evil Action Figures

My ORG FEEDBACK is here.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by EdHaskel View Post
    Went to 4 Big Lots in Birmingham, Alabama.....looks like a scalper beat me to them, 3 of the 4 had them and only had 1 each of Icarus, Marzo and Faceless One, that was it.
    Update on the Bham area, found:

Snout Spout
    Catra
    King Grayskull
    Sy-Clone
    Cheif Carnivus

In addition to the Marzo, Icarus and Faceless One I found yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by bigassbuzz View Post

I think the timing of this Big Lots revelation is pretty darn inconvenient.
    The $27 day of price has been a VERY hard pill to swallow all year.
    The decision to re-sub is also upon many of us right now.
    $25 for subscribers or MAYBE 60% OFF that price at a discount store like Big Lots or Ollie's in about a year.

Granted, Big Lots buys overstock for waaaaay under normal costs, but what lesson are we supposed to gain about the actual price vs value of these toys?

I'd venture to guess that ToyGuru and the Suits at Matty are cursing the name Big Lots right about now...
    Not quite sure what this would have to do with anything. For one thing, they are winnowing down the quantities a lot (probably due to overstocks like this) so who knows if they'll ever have to do this again and you'd never have any guarantee of which figures you MIGHT be able to get down the line, if any. Hopefully no one would seriously take this into consideration when deciding whether to get a sub or not.

Grabbed a Grizzlor, Mossman, King Grayskull, and Man-E-Faces in Atlanta (Duluth) yesterday...the store had:

Marzo,
    Sy-Klone,
    Carnivus,
    Faceless One,
    Snout Spout
    and an additional Mossman

...no Orko, no Mo-Larr, or anything else that I could find.

Another store in Atlanta had some of the figures on the shelf in white mailers and employee said they were all showing up that way but that they were discarding the mailers when putting them on the shelf so be aware when looking.

Keeping Grizzlor and hoping to find Leech, Catra and maybe TP He-Man.

Just stopped by the Gresham Oregon store. Crazy to see these figures in a store! Picked up one molar only. Lots of orko and negatory and three molars left if anyone else is close by.
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I have checked two near me in Southern illinois (Alton and Granite City), and neither had them. So either they sold out or never got them.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Not quite sure what this would have to do with anything. For one thing, they are winnowing down the quantities a lot (probably due to overstocks like this) so who knows if they'll ever have to do this again and you'd never have any guarantee of which figures you MIGHT be able to get down the line, if any. Hopefully no one would seriously take this into consideration when deciding whether to get a sub or not.
    I do think it's hard for your own perceived value of these figures not to drop when you see picture after picture of overflowing shopping carts of them in a discount chain. People buying 3 figures that I'd love to own for less than I'll be paying for Nepthu in October is disheartening.

This isn't a judgement on Matty or TG or anything-- I don't feel cheated. I think it's awesome that people are getting these. But I get what Buzz is saying. I can see it affecting people's decision to sub.

I checked the wood dale il location and they did not have them. I am checking the oakbrook one after work.
    Feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

Email facelessone@he-fans.org

Court Magician
    Biglots Douglasville, GA had
    Carnivus x2
    Count Marzo x2
    Faceless One x2
    Icarius x2
    King Grayskull x2
    Grizzlor x1
    Moss Man x1
    Snout Spout x2
    Sy-Klone x2

I bought one of each for my friends child. I also bought the remaining for myself to open for myself due to mine still being in the package.

I've checked Big Lots all over Phoenix and have only spotted Mo-Larrs and Ghostbuster 2 packs. I'm checking a couple today but am guessing any new stuff won't come until wednesday or thursday.

I kinda agree with some posters that motuc for 10 bucks at Big Lots seems to de-value them a bit. I know I've overspent on this line for years but I've always justified it with "Well where else am I gonna get a Catra or Grizzlor. I guess I'll spend the money..." Seeing them at a bargain bin price is a little sad. I understand why, but I do get the sense that I overpayed. (totally my choice btw, not blaming anyone)

I drove through Atlanta Friday and decided not to stop. Now I regret my decision. Regardless, I have a feeling the one I need, tp hm, will be the one I won't find.
    HELP Daniel (masque) Benedict with his He-Man Fan Film "Fall of Grayskull" Kickstarter campaign!
    WATCH the youtube video.
    DONATE to his Kickstarter project!!
    VISIT He-ManFilm.com to find out more.

Part Needs
    : MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Heroic Warrior
    Hurry everyone to subscribe next year and pay $37 for a single figure shipped!

Off the back of some other comments I've seen, I also feel some of these photos make it looks like some of this stock was returned stock.

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Off the back of some other comments I've seen, I also feel some of these photos make it looks like some of this stock was returned stock.
    Yeah, I fully believe most of it was, but can't beat $10 compared to $25+ (especially if you are an opener). I have been trying to help some folks out, but have been unsuccessful at finding any at my 7 local stores

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Toys View Post

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3751/rspp.jpg
    Oh how I wish I could time travel back to those days, so that I could have a vintage moc collection (since I didn't have toys as a kid). Now they are too expensive for me to afford
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Megator for $10!!! That is crazy...
    My post count just got bigger.

Went by the Gaithersburg, MD store on my way home today and all was gone and new little Spider-Man toys were there now. Still had the GB stuff though.
    "Problems Weaver?"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Checked out the Big Lots in Liverpool, NY(near Syracuse) and nothing on the shelves there.
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Vengeance Demon The Riding Ghost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkhide View Post
    Around Charlotte, NC - seen Megator, Mo-Larr, and Ghostbusters. Haven't seen any others.
    Rock Hill, SC - ghostbusters, 1 mo-Larr/skeletor . Nothing else that I saw

RG
    From needing 13 figures to HAVING 13 figures sucks.
    Anyone got anything for sale cheap?

Like your comics monster flavored?
    ComicMonsters
    Where Monsters Dwell!

Snappy Threader
    I wish there was a way to find out, like Best Buy has....you plug in what you want and search by store...I hate calling Big Lots because they act like you just ruined their day to have to answer the phone.

Court Magician
    Baltimore area stores seem to be picked clean. I saw fully stocked shelves in three stores Friday morning. I've been to seven stores total since Saturday and I'm only seeing Count Marzo, Chief Carnivus, and Icarius left at a couple locations. I wonder if they will restock? None of the stores in my area had Snout Spout, Vikor, or King Grayskull.