Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC sighting at Big Lots!

Florence, KY Big Lots had no MOTUC today.
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.

Hey all! Did a little clean-up. Just as a reminder of the rules of the board:

Every dealer has the right to offer his/her item for whatever price they wish. It is up to the buyer whether or not to purchase an item.
    Thanks!
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

8 bucks for Orko isn't bad.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

If someone already bought them to sell them here, I wont' bother going.

Widget
    I saw on another forum where another guy in Oregon found them. They aren't limited to this one location. However, mine didn't have any.

Court Magician
    Nothing at the one I went to in the Monrovia, CA.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    If someone already bought them to sell them here, I wont' bother going.
    If you'd be willing to keep your resale price to, say, 50% over retail, I'm sure there are several people on this message board that would appreciate it if you would reconsider your decision.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    If I could find MOTUC for $10 apiece, new or used, I'd gladly collect the line. $30 apiece is too much.

Heroic Warrior
    I wound up buying 2 of each for my personal collection. I would have never paid more than $10 for the Skeletor vs. Molarr anyway but I needed Orko so it worked out. If I had Tytus I would have bought Megator but not for him to stand alone. I also found some Matty JLU 3 packs at a Ross for $6.99 but passed on those.

Widget
    What JLU 3 Packs were they?

Heroic Warrior
    My brother-in-law found them and bought one of each for me. I'm hoping to post some MOTUC SDCC flashback reviews to follow up my recent one.

I'm super excited to have all new (to me) figures for my girls to start playing with! And at $10, it was too good a deal to even pass on Mo-Larr!
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

That original receipt posted is here in town with me. Man, I wish I had checked this thread earlier. Guess I'll take a run out there on lunch tomorrow and see if there are any left. I'll take absolutely any mOTUC fodder at all at that price.

My wife and I stopped by one of ours when we went out to eat tonight, and none there. But boy, what a ****hole of a store.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Isn't this the same as the MOTUC that ended up at Walmart a few months back, it appears to be only limited to a few stores and somebody is providing old MOTUC stock to them.

I doubt we see it anywhere else, just like how that CA Walmart stock never materialized anywhere else in the US.

However I will be checking our crappy 3 Big Lots tomorrow
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

This isn't surprising, the Mattel Toy Store near my just got MOTUC stuff that they never had years past, seems Matty is clearing out old stock. Some of the same items even, like Tytus and Molarr set.

http://instagram.com/p/bcM4XiTR5A/
    Last edited by Talyn; July 14, 2013 at 11:04pm.

Court Magician
    Heaven forfend this stuff be offered first, at a discounted price, to patrons of Mattycollector.com. I think those Ghostbusters II 2-packs went up like once, and that was it.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Hmmm, interesting. I'll check the Big Lots right around the corner from me, but these kinds of things seem totally random...

I know that Jazwares must have some kind of deal with Big lots because I constantly see their merchandise there. (although admittedly I never shop at BL...) Doubtful with Mattel though.

It is quite funny to see the Mortal Kombat figures selling at BL for three bucks while six miles down the road Toys R Us is selling them for 18 dollars, lol!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Court Magician
    I live in Ventura county, Ca . Stopped by the local Big lots after seeing this thread yesterday and was suprised to see the bottom 3 shelves full of Megator , Orko, and Mo-larr skeletor 2 packs! Even more suprised to see the wife filling the cart with this gold hahahaha!!! I don't think anyone else in the store even knew what Motuc was or cared. Bought 3 Mo-larrs, 2 Orkos, and 2 Megators!!! Scoooorrree!!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Madratsss3 View Post
    I live in Ventura county, Ca . Stopped by the local Big lots after seeing this thread yesterday and was suprised to see the bottom 3 shelves full of Megator , Orko, and Mo-larr skeletor 2 packs! Even more suprised to see the wife filling the cart with this gold hahahaha!!! I don't think anyone else in the store even knew what Motuc was or cared. Bought 3 Mo-larrs, 2 Orkos, and 2 Megators!!! Scoooorrree!!!!
    Nice!

The Orko figs especially are such an awesome deal!

I wonder if this is relegated to stores in CA only?
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Mo-Larr must've been one of the biggest convention exclusive bombs of all time if you can still get them years later at discount. Even the Skeletor is a letdown because they could've given it 2 heads but all we get is the one with a missing tooth.

I suppose it was neat they acknowledged the RC sketch but it didn't seem to have the appeal to make it a big seller.

Court Magician
    After my previous post, I went to three more Big Lots scattered in the Los Angeles area on my way home and each of the three was stocked with Molarr/Skeletor and Megator, one of them had several Orkos and a solitary Ghostbusters 2-pack - at that particular BL, an employee said that he put out an entire end-cap of Ghostbusters on Tuesday and one guy came and bought the entire end-cap. I couldn't pass up buying MOTUC at retail for those ridiculously low prices. So I picked up a few figures on principle. This is no one or two store phenomenon.

I'm not exactly going to cry the blues over this, but I find it kind of silly how some people seemingly can't understand why this would be a tad annoying to non-US collectors.

I mean, why couldn't Matty have put some of these up at these insanely low prices? I would've bought a Mo-Larr for $10 from Matty for sure.

Bah!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

If this was stock Matty clearanced out, it might've been a matter of opening up that warehouse space immediately and selling everything in one go is the fastest.

Sure, Matty is known to sell out of stock in an hour, but we're never told how much stock they have, and these are old items which most people who buy this line already have. They took the guarantee to clear out space for new merchandise rather than hassle with stuff that cold take weeks to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by guy-dude View Post
    My brother-in-law found them and bought one of each for me.
    And in what area of the country did your brother-in-law find them?
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I know that Jazwares must have some kind of deal with Big lots because I constantly see their merchandise there. (although admittedly I never shop at BL...) Doubtful with Mattel though.
    I don't know about that; the DC Super Heroes Cyborg Superman became a de-facto Big Lots exclusive a few years back when they were the only place to get that assortment in, along with some other JL related stuff.

I was coincidentally at one of our local Big Lots Saturday, and found no MOTU stuff. To the point above, though, they did have separately carded 4" figures in the stylized 6" Batman line, like the ones that come with a cycle or some sort of launcher in the regular stores (this set included a Joker with a unique sculpt like the 6" one with the action feature). These haven't shown up anywhere else I've seen, so I'm thinking they came directly from Mattel.

As for such things showing up in such a place, exclusives from numerous makers have popped up in places like this or Tuesday Morning; it's not unusual. If Mattel did indeed sell these at close-out to BL, it's a pretty normal practice. With Orko, though, I would have thought that, had they enough to sell to a close-our place, they would have tried to get more for them on the site. Megator has been up multiple times, so they may have thought they'd sold all of those they could via that route. But Orko is still pretty demanded, and I don't think he's appeared much beyond his original sale, so his presence makes me wonder if there is something else at work here.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman