Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC sighting at Big Lots!

Orko did show up as one of the holiday bundles over this past Christmas. I remember because in the month of December you could get Adoar, Randor, Marlena, and Adam the entire royal family. But as I recall Orko was packed with He-man.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Just got back from checking the mess of a store called big Lots. Sad to report there were not any classics there to be found.
    "Problems Weaver?"

$10 each? I need to grab me one of those Megators!

Hit a couple this morning. I think the local buyer/sellers cleaned them all out. They're quick around here...
    Need stuff? I might just have it!

Check out my shop!

SHOP1321

http://blujay.com/scar1321
    I'm always adding stuff!

Mo-Larr I get having left-overs. Plus, we have no idea how many actually ended up in Big Lots' hands. Still, I'm left wondering why Orko and Megator?

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Mo-Larr I get having left-overs. Plus, we have no idea how many actually ended up in Big Lots' hands. Still, I'm left wondering why Orko and Megator?
    One reason to suspect it may actually be Mattel unloading these, is they are all oversized boxes, and Matty has repeatedly said that storing the figures goes against their business model. Could also be 2nd hand resellers looking to make more room as well though.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    ....and Matty has repeatedly said that storing the figures goes against their business model.
    Apparently selling them is against their business model too, since all this stuff was supposedly sold out.

Sallah
    Last edited by Sallah; July 15, 2013 at 04:24pm.

There are no MotUC at the Big Lots in Lapeer Michigan.

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldBlade6 View Post
    Heaven forfend this stuff be offered first, at a discounted price, to patrons of Mattycollector.com. I think those Ghostbusters II 2-packs went up like once, and that was it.
    Seriously. My brother watched like a hawk for those two-packs to dip in price, and they never did. He never got an Orko, either. Sad that Mattel would rather quietly dump the stock instead of sell with equal access to its more casual customer base.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Heroic Warrior
    Hit up that Big Lots Store in North Highlands, CA where the initial sighting/purchase was made.

No sign of any Mo-Larr packs or Orko's. There were still 4 Megators marked at $10 each and at least 3 of the 12" Ghost Busters 2-packs.

Was really hoping to snag some cheap fodder with Mo-Larr and Adam but no such luck. Went to a different Big Lots store and they clearly never received any MOTUC product at that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    This isn't surprising, the Mattel Toy Store near my just got MOTUC stuff that they never had years past, seems Matty is clearing out old stock. Some of the same items even, like Tytus and Molarr set.

http://instagram.com/p/bcM4XiTR5A/

Interesting, because a friend of mine in Texas texted me a few days ago and said a Matty outlet store was selling off a bunch of these too, and some of the 12 inch GB figures too. I don't believe they had Orko tho.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out my band, CRUSADER http://crusaderwarmachine.bandcamp.c...rd-into-battle

Flamboyant Etherian Rebel Chakram1701's Avatar
    Just checked out my local store in Cheyenne Wyoming....no luck. Let me say though...by the First Ones that store was depressing!
    My fan-film "She-Ra : Surely You Jest" is done and live!!! Watch now at : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOi64X4E60Y

Heroic Warrior
    I could use another Prince Adam/Orko. I missed out on getting a second one to open. If they happen to get more in Snag me one.

Quote Originally Posted by PantherCult View Post
    Hit up that Big Lots Store in North Highlands, CA where the initial sighting/purchase was made.

No sign of any Mo-Larr packs or Orko's. There were still 4 Megators marked at $10 each and at least 3 of the 12" Ghost Busters 2-packs.

Was really hoping to snag some cheap fodder with Mo-Larr and Adam but no such luck. Went to a different Big Lots store and they clearly never received any MOTUC product at that one.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Isn't this the same as the MOTUC that ended up at Walmart a few months back, it appears to be only limited to a few stores and somebody is providing old MOTUC stock to them.

I doubt we see it anywhere else, just like how that CA Walmart stock never materialized anywhere else in the US.

However I will be checking our crappy 3 Big Lots tomorrow
    I didn't see any at the store on my side of town yesterday.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I'll buy them if I see them local but I don't want them bad enough to pay $10 plus postage.

I don't really want Mo-Larr, but since it comes with all of Skeletor's weapons it'd be worth it for those just to try and buy a loose TRU 2-pack Skeletor or something. Though I may buy a set and send it to my dentist.

Heroic Warrior
    Molar/skeletor pack, megator and ghostbusters II ray, egon set @ fresno, ca big lots on blackstone. The big lots on Ventura didn't have megator. It's kind of sad that these figures are ending up at big lots but its cool to see motu back on store shelves.
    IMG_4164.JPGIMG_4165.JPG

Lord of the Reptilians tampico32's Avatar
    So.. That's the reason cause there are a lot of them for sale on ebay.com
    Thank you so much to my partners of He-Man.org for helping me to get MOTUC figures:

My Sell/Buy/Trade Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I have to think Orko's packaging is really poor for a retail store. Some people will see Megator and a big 2-pack for $10 each... then they'll see Orko for $10 and think it's a total ripoff. Adam's packed in the bottom to obscure him.

WE know the deal with it, but the casual buyer will not.

No luck at the Big Lots in Gilbert, AZ. I will try the two in Scottsdale tomorrow.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    And in what area of the country did your brother-in-law find them?
    Sorry! I thought I replied to this earlier...

He lives in Tujunga, so it was at the northern Highlands one, or whichever is the one that had the original sighting. I was just excited that my collection is actually growing for the first time since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by hopewell View Post
    No luck at the Big Lots in Gilbert, AZ. I will try the two in Scottsdale tomorrow.
    As a fellow Phoenician, PLEASE post here if you find anything! I would not be opposed to picking up a few more.
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

I need an Orko for my kid!! He loves it!!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Checked another Big Lots last night, and no signs of anything MOTU. Actually had less good stuff overall than the last one I checked (though if you are looking for that Rescue Heroes Hawkman I mentioned earlier, he's apparently showing up at one per store )
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

wow I couldn't care less about orko but I do want the prince adam figure .

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by guy-dude View Post
    He lives in Tujunga, so it was at the northern Highlands one, or whichever is the one that had the original sighting.
    North Highlands is in the Sacramento area, so about 400 miles from Tujunga. Still that just confirms that these did hit multiple Big Lots stores throughout California.

I passed on Megator when he was released but I'd buy him for $10. I checked my local Big Lots in the Kanas City area and no MOTUC here.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal