Page 7 of 72 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC sighting at Big Lots!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by jmb410s View Post
    What were the prices at the comic shop?
    Most were $25-$40. Some were higher, $70-$80. Teela was $130! I picked up a Skeletor and Battleground Teela for $30 each.

I didn't see any Molarrs though, which seems to be a common one on this thread.

Widget
    image.jpg

My score!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I dropped the line a few years ago and sold what I had because motuc was my third line and I was scaling back. Couldn't resist these out in the wild like this!!!! Loving catra! Not shown are faceless one and count Marzo.
    Last edited by kerowack; July 18, 2013 at 09:22pm.

Ok, I just got the Orko, Megator and MoLarr set at Big Lots in Fairfax.

Just call the stores! I called one store and was very cordial and explained what I was looking for, told them there was no rush and that I knew they had actual work to do. The Assistant Manager ended up doing a store search within her district and told me who was showing quantities. At the time of my call, I only had the skus for the figures I found in Sterling (None of the larger items), she listed these stores as either showing stock or stock in transit:

(All of these are in the Washington, DC surrounding areas)
    Greenbelt, MD
    Woodbridge, VA
    Alexandria, VA
    Front Royal, VA
    Winchester, VA
    Sterling, VA
    Fairfax, VA

From what I can gather, there are at least two cases. One contains Megator x2, Orko x2 and MoLarr x2. The other contains quantities unknown of the regular figs. Fairfax only had the larger items and Sterling only had the regular figs. They're not supposed to hold items, but if you are polite they will hold them long enough for you to travel to the store. If you just call the store and ask for the items, they may not know what you are talking about. They also may not be on the floor. The assistant manager I spoke with said, "You have know idea how much product we receive and we don't always get it out on to the floor right away."

Ask them to check inventory in the system for you or try and locate more in their district. If they don't have it, it will come up as "NA" in their system.

I didn't have the skus for Orko, Megator, or MoLarr - but after locating the items and a little help from Count Marzo here are the remaining skus from my orginal list:

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORKO - 810141221 (This is Orko, but the computer ID only says Masters of the Universe)
    MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE MEGAT - 810141220 (MEGATOR obviously)
    MASTERS MO LARR - 810141219
    MOTU CARNIVUS - 810141151
    MOTU FACELESS ONE - 810141139

Hope this helps. Be patient and polite and I'm sure it will go a long way. If there are none in your area/district I would suggest trying to ask members in the marketplace to help out.

GOOD LUCK!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureRetro View Post
    (All of these are in the Washington, DC surrounding areas)
    Greenbelt, MD
    Woodbridge, VA
    Alexandria, VA
    Front Royal, VA
    Winchester, VA
    Sterling, VA
    Fairfax, VA
    Times like this I wish I still lived in MD! The Gaithersburg store is 3 minutes from home!

Anyone checked any in the New Orleans area?

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind saw someone posted lol

Nada in Hattiesburg, MS...
    chikarapro.com Loco Lucha Libre!!!

Heroic Warrior
    For anyone is the Kansas City area, I went to BL tonight and had them look up 2 of the skus Futuretro provided. The figures were in the computer, but they showed none in stock and none on order at any local stores.

I saw maybe 15-20 stores on his list, and I know I saw Topeka listed, but I don't know how far into Missouri the list would have covered, so take that into consideration.

Considering the stores on the coasts already have theirs out, and our stores don't even show any on order, I'm thinking we Midwesterners might be out of luck on this one.

Maryland, you've screwed us again!!!

(kidding)

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Found nothing in my area of Kentucky either.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarliehog View Post
    For anyone is the Kansas City area, I went to BL tonight and had them look up 2 of the skus Futuretro provided. The figures were in the computer, but they showed none in stock and none on order at any local stores.

I saw maybe 15-20 stores on his list, and I know I saw Topeka listed, but I don't know how far into Missouri the list would have covered, so take that into consideration.

Considering the stores on the coasts already have theirs out, and our stores don't even show any on order, I'm thinking we Midwesterners might be out of luck on this one.

Maryland, you've screwed us again!!!

(kidding)
    Thanks for the heads up. I live near the Kansas City area. I've been checking the Shawnee and Olathe locations any time I happen to pass buy ans I had extra time.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    The one store I've been to locally only had Megator and MoLarr.... About 12 of each but that's it. No Orkos or single figs

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by 80's Enthusiast View Post
    The one store I've been to locally only had Megator and MoLarr.... About 12 of each but that's it. No Orkos or single figs
    Are you somewhere we haven't heard from yet? (And don't say my Mom's house-- I know she don't got no Megators!)
    Last edited by Gnarliehog; July 19, 2013 at 12:27am.

ipod 003.JPG

Big Lots in Lexington Park, Maryland. They have a good amount of single figs and only one Skeletor & Mo-Larr set.

Sean79

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    I just want a Keldor, Zodac, and Carnivus (the only three figures I'm missing). Has anyone seen those three at any of their Big Lots?
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Washington state, Everett 20 minutes north of Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by 80's Enthusiast View Post
    Washington state, Everett 20 minutes north of Seattle
    MOTUC showed up in WA big lots?

Quote Originally Posted by sgreg View Post
    MOTUC showed up in WA big lots?
    Yes. Today at about 730pm

Court Magician
    100 Dollars from MattyCollector

IMAG1056_zps79ab0d99.jpg

VS. 100 Dollars from Big Lots.

IMAG1055_zpsa3b19b07.jpg
    I Am No Widget! Lurking since 02! TeelasRealDaddy, MegsTriggerman v.1 ... shame I keep getting deleted!

Megstriggerman Trader Review

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Can anyone confirm if Snout Spout has "The Original" burst? If so, can a pix be posted? Thanks!
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

Finally scored!

No single figures, though... I could really use a few of those, too at that price!
    Need stuff? I might just have it!

Check out my shop!

SHOP1321

http://blujay.com/scar1321
    I'm always adding stuff!

I hate you guys. I need pretty much all those figures. I checked another BL last night and nothing.

I didn't know Snout Spout and King Grayskull were in the lot as well. Can anyone post/add the skus for these two?

Gotta dig Nutnog's style. audman's Avatar
    I highly recommend calling the store and asking about them. Because in doing that the store I went to actually had em still in the back not on display yet.

I wonder if someone got to them first though because no Orko, no molar, no megator, no king gray skull. I would have really wanted those.

They did not have ghostbusters either.

Which again makes me think either that they were in another shipment because the guy said he thought they put them out before but the lady had not gotten around to doing the end cap yet. So most won't even be old enough to remember MOTU so they probably won't know what you are talking about but if they are in back or just coming in on a different day (like my store was a thursday that they get theirs)

They don't seem to be in any rush to put stuff out so don't lose faith =).

Oh and for those wondering,

I got Man-e-faces, 2 moss man, sy klone, grizzlor, leech, clawful.

Left carnivorous, faceless one, adora, catra, count matzo, Icarus and duplicates of some of the above, Western New York area,

Edit:
    I just called more and they seem to be getting trucks today and had nothing put out previously. So YMMV but call people for sure.
    Last edited by audman; July 19, 2013 at 10:40am. Reason: new info.
    Highly Recommended for Fantastic Trades/sales: cayman shen, ElkThunder, Geek-man,

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by scar1321 View Post
    Finally scored!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...psc519fa50.jpg

No single figures, though... I could really use a few of those, too at that price!
    So they had Ninja Turtles Classics at Big Lots too?!

Gotta dig Nutnog's style. audman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigD350Z View Post
    So they had Ninja Turtles Classics at Big Lots too?!
    This I wanna know too. Did not see those would have lost my bowels if i saw those.
    Highly Recommended for Fantastic Trades/sales: cayman shen, ElkThunder, Geek-man,

Court Magician
    Endcap at the Timonium, MD store on Ridgely Road.
    resize_image_5610429.jpg