Thread: Crazy Summer Weather

Hybrid View

Crazy Summer Weather

This summer has had some crazy weather going on....tornadoes, rain, hail, and did I mention rain.

Wednesday my little town was hit by 2 tornadoes and I just got power back on today/late last night. No one was seriously hurt or anything but there's lots of tree and home damage. It wasn't quite like the one in Oklahoma but my heart really goes out to those folks affected by this.

It's still crazy around here trying to manage clean-up but I have noticed one good thing that has come out of it. our little community has come together. Neighbors helping neighbors, strangers helping strangers, folks just looking out for one another really is a touching feeling.

my house is mostly fine, damaged our big tree and the fence but that was pretty much it so i feel lucky compared to some others.

Here's a few pics of the carnage on my street and surrounding blocks.

Here's some more pics from the local paper
    http://www.sanduskyregister.com/gallery/4270461

and we didn't make national news but here's the local news reports

http://fox8.com/2013/07/10/bellevue-hit-hard-by-storms/

http://fox8.com/2013/07/11/tornado-i...nup-continues/

http://www.wkyc.com/rss/article/3062...ornado-strikes
    Awesome sticker not included!™

Been a horrible summer here in PA. The skies are always an off white (?). There's very little breeze. The level of moisture is what I would associate with prehistoric climates.

I've had a lot of respiratory difficulties as a result. Coughing spasms when I go outside, for example. I'm stuck in this dump for the rest of my life thanks to my dad--although that probably won't turn out to be a long time.

It sucks here too. Hot humid and when those two aren't happening it won't stop raining. I feel like I live in the tropics. I have a ton of misquote bites too. This summer sucks
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Being someone that grew up on a farm and still heavily involved in gardening, I am someone that spends a lot of time following the weather. Well, I can attest to this being a really crazy year for weather all around the US.

I wasn't able to plant my garden on time and ended up planting it about 6 weeks late due to early heavy rains and cold weather. We also opened our swimming pool about 4 weeks late due to colder than normal temperatures and we just went through a 2-week period starting July 1st where it was too cold and too raining to swim. We have also had flooding rains several times, 90-degree weather followed by a late freeze, tornadoes, 3 hail storms, and several long periods of up to 2 weeks at a time where it rained every single day.

It is indeed some crazy weather that I believe everyone around the country is witnessing. I just hope "Mother Nature" gets back on track sooner rather than later.
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778

Phil, if I ever go to PA I prolly won't want to come back to Ohio.

I hope this rainy and humid summer doesn't lead into lots of snow in the winter.

We have 7 ft tall cornfields. They're only supposed to be knee high by forth of July. So how about your area?
    Last edited by Andy Adams; July 15, 2013 at 06:52pm.
    Awesome sticker not included!™

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Being someone that grew up on a farm and still heavily involved in gardening, I am someone that spends a lot of time following the weather. Well, I can attest to this being a really crazy year for weather all around the US.

I wasn't able to plant my garden on time and ended up planting it about 6 weeks late due to early heavy rains and cold weather. We also opened our swimming pool about 4 weeks late due to colder than normal temperatures and we just went through a 2-week period starting July 1st where it was too cold and too raining to swim. We have also had flooding rains several times, 90-degree weather followed by a late freeze, tornadoes, 3 hail storms, and several long periods of up to 2 weeks at a time where it rained every single day.

It is indeed some crazy weather that I believe everyone around the country is witnessing. I just hope "Mother Nature" gets back on track sooner rather than later.
    Oh! I didn't know you grew up on a farm too I opened my pool late too. My pool guy couldn't come cause it wouldnt stop raining!

The farmers finally had their first cut of hay. They tried to do it in early June, but it rained and a lot of it got moldy. So this seems to be the first week to really cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Parker View Post
    I hope this rainy and humid summer doesn't lead into lots of snow in the winter.
    HUSH! Do not say such things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.