Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: July MOTUC Day of sale purchases

I just purchased a Nite Owl DOS. I had Granamyr in my cart too and pondered getting extras of some of the other MOTU stuff. Then I wised up and dropped the Granamyr from my order. Maybe I'll get him on BF if he's available, but $85 is a ton of cash for a giant figure I'm not even sure where to put.

I'm really looking forward to the complete comic style Watchmen set. I'm surprised there doesn't seem to be much interest in it. Only two more to go!

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    Bought an NA He-Man, no problems & can't wait for him, but when it's all said and done $41.59 shipped for 1 figure using Logistics seems like a lot.
    Which shipping did you use? It costs me $9.90 for a trip to Michigan for a single MOTUC using Newgistics....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    For one figure sent UPS in the states is $14. But once you get more the price hardly fluctuates, its just that first one. I have to laugh though because i just ordered the big Millennium falcon from TRU and they shipped it free. Also, i had it 3 days later. Mattel is insane for trying to tell us they lose money on shipping.
    Tell me about it, HTS.com offers free shipping from time to time, and even if not it's reasonable, and it gets to me in 3 to 4 days....same with BBTS, but with BBTS I use UPS, and it's still cheaper than Newgistics from Matty....plus, again, I get my stuff in 3 to 4 days....

I give Matty $10, and it takes 6 to 7 days....I give BBTS or HTS.com $6 - $9 (or so, single item) and I get my stuff in 3 days.... Something is seriously wrong here.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I have my second NA He-Man! One will be unarmored, the other will be armored.
    Exactly what I did
    Kuduk Ungol for MOTUC. All steeds for MOTUC. Fully-articulated Cringer for MOTUC. Point Dread and Talon Fighter for MOTUC.

Just in time, got Icer. That Almost Gone label is putting a lot of pressure on me. Glad that I got him on time.

Given Icer (purchased one) has been around all day (I flubbed the Filmation Sub order and it never went through) I don't foresee any problems with the next two given the lukewarm reception for Batros and Shokoti. However, the remaining three might change the demand. In the end, I got what I wanted, as well as Granamyr, despite not waiting till Monday to get the dragon and save on the combined shipping. Huuzah for MOTUC!!

Quote Originally Posted by hoover View Post
    Given Icer (purchased one) has been around all day (I flubbed the Filmation Sub order and it never went through) I don't foresee any problems with the next two given the lukewarm reception for Batros and Shokoti. However, the remaining three might change the demand. In the end, I got what I wanted, as well as Granamyr, despite not waiting till Monday to get the dragon and save on the combined shipping. Huuzah for MOTUC!!
    I haven't seen any lukewarm reception for Shokoti, and Batros is a few months away....these 3 are much desired Filmation figures....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Evil Clone...in SPACE!! DarthFaker's Avatar
    I got NA He-man in about a minute. Icer was already on the way from Filmation sub.

What lukewarm response for Shokoti and Batros? Haven't heard it, and I'm definitely looking forward to those two more than Icer. Nothing against Icer.

Heroic Warrior
    NA He-Man and Icer are still available on mattycollector... Dragon Blaster Skeletor and Filmation Randor, too...

NA He-Man is almost gone - just a warning to folks (I know those are useful sometimes )

Widget
    I got Icer and NA He-man...still hoping to get a Clamp Champ.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't know, those sale times of 30 hours don't show Mattel the high demand I often read about

Buy those damn figures, I want my NA Skeletor produced!!!

Seconded - I really want to see them go all-out on an NA Skeletor. I suspect they will regardless, but...yeah. I wish all the figures were made like NA He-Man.

Lukewarm reception was buttressed by Scott, reporting on the less than stellar Filmation Sub sales. Although Shokoti and Batros, individually, may have received support the Filmation Sub as a whole did not. I interpret that as lukewarm support for the figures.

Lukewarm reception was buttressed by Scott, reporting on the less than stellar Filmation Sub sales. Although Shokoti and Batros, individually, may have received support the Filmation Sub as a whole did not. I interpret that as lukewarm support for the figures.
    The sub still passed, we're getting all 6 figures, and I see growing support for each new Filmation figure to come out.... Icer is getting rave reviews....Shokoti is seemingly getting good responses and Batros is yet to be seen, and I think he'll get a lot of support too. Icer is getting a great response, even to people who didn't like Filmation much....

Doom and Gloom Neitlich strikes again....if a figure doesn't sell in minutes, it's considered to have a lukewarm reception....or it just did....OK.

For the first Filmation sub figure....I think he's doing very well....hit "Almost Gone" status first day....he'll be gone in a day or so, and that still says to me, he did well.

Octavia sold out first day or so....I think that is great for a Filmation figure....

I also don't see NA He-Man being a quick seller either....and he's a He-Man variant....
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; July 17, 2013 at 12:21am.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Doom and Gloom Neitlich strikes again....if a figure doesn't sell in minutes, it's considered to have a lukewarm reception....or it just did....OK.

I also don't see NA He-Man being a quick seller either....and he's a He-Man variant....
    For all we know, there's 20 DOS Icers, and 3000 NA He-Mans (I know there's not actually that number, just making an example). If it's taking this long to sell through a small amount of DOS Icer stock, that could legit be considered disappointing. If there's a lot of NA He-Man stock, they might be OK with him selling a little slower. I don't think Scott has it out for Filmation, I think we can take what he has said at face value.
    Last edited by goluphi; July 17, 2013 at 02:25am.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    For all we know, there's 20 DOS Icers, and 3000 NA He-Mans (I know there's not actually that number, just making an example). If it's taking this long to sell through a small amount of DOS Icer stock, that could legit be considered disappointing. If there's a lot of NA He-Man stock, they might be OK with him selling a little slower. I don't think Scott has it out for Filmation, I think we can take what he has said at face value.
    Yeah but they are still on sale 15 hours later,and if they don't sell enough(b/c they will cut the sale to make it look like they sold) then will they have missed the DoS clamp champ numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    Icer is the first figure, and since the Filmation sub sold enough to make it....apparently, I seriously take it very lightly what he said. Fact of the matter is, the whole 2013 sub according to Scott was less than stellar, but somehow management approved the Grayskull attempt, and a second add on sub....

Scott said, Grayskull was supposed to have nothing from the B-Sheet cut, yet, things got cut....

Better yet, Scott said Grayskull could never be attempted unless it was a, and I quote "movie year".... Hello Big Green still unfinished play set!

Scott said the sub would not be re-opened for sale....and yet, it basically was....call it lite or not....it was still reopened....

Scott said they wouldn't be offering another add-on sub after the 30th sub....as it was a special thing done only for the 30th Anniversary....Hello Filmation sub!

Scott says many things, and later contradicts himself, or completely dismisses something he said before like he never said it, it's happened too many times to take anything at face value.

Point entirely, however missed, was, NA He-Man is still not selling as Scott or Mattel would like despite however many was made of who, even if he sells out today, he should have sold out in minutes to be whatever they thought the figure should do....otherwise they see any figure as a failure. That was my entire point, and to the fact that I see nothing that tells me despite anything Scott said, that Icer has a lukewarm reception.

They could put out a turd in a bag, stamp MOTUC on it, and still expect it to sell within an hour.

Hence the....

....if a figure doesn't sell in minutes, it's considered to have a lukewarm reception....or it just did....OK.
    ....part.

Again, I didn't say Icer had as much DOS stock as NAHM, that was never my point, my point was entirely that if it doesn't sell in minutes, according to Scott (any figure) it's a failure, and didn't perform as Management would have liked. Besides 2013 main sub DOS stock is much lower than 2012's was....according to Scott....now, is that something you can believe? I don't know. And if so....then NAHM is doing very poor regardless.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    The sub still passed, we're getting all 6 figures, and I see growing support for each new Filmation figure to come out.... Icer is getting rave reviews....Shokoti is seemingly getting good responses and Batros is yet to be seen, and I think he'll get a lot of support too. Icer is getting a great response, even to people who didn't like Filmation much....

For the first Filmation sub figure....I think he's doing very well....hit "Almost Gone" status first day....he'll be gone in a day or so, and that still says to me, he did well.

Octavia sold out first day or so....I think that is great for a Filmation figure....

The NA figure is doing just as well as the Filmation figure, gaining the "Almost Gone" status at the same time.
    NA He-Man might have had more figures made than Icer since he is a He-Man variant, had an original figure back in the day and because he was multiple display options.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Honestly, I expected faster sellouts on those characters. Both are still available...

I got my Granamyr, Icer and He-Man after the first minute!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe that Icer and He-Man is still available on Matty. Octavia and Karatti sold out faster than these two. I thought that everybody will at least by Icer, just the get the Avion Staff for Stratos.
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

Heroic Warrior
    I thought that everybody will at least by Icer, just the get the Avion Staff for Stratos.
    Here's the problem, though : Stratos CAN'T hold the staff of Avion, as it has no handle and as Stratos has no gripping hands !

Staff-of-Avion_03.jpgStaff-of-Avion_04.jpg

In these two pics he holds and posses very well with the Avion Staff.
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

Thats' how I have my Stratos holding it. He can't really GRIP it. But with the possible chipping paint it might not be a bad thing.

NA He-Man SOLD OUT

In less than two days.

And just for the record….Eternos King Randor is still available with no almost gone or anything….just saying
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither