Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SDCC Castle Grayskull won't be the final product, not even plastic - (CLOSE TO FINAL)

Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    I believe that is only for Subscriptions that have a date on them (i.e. 2013 Club Eternia). This had a tentative release date, so I don't think it would be a legal issue if it slipped to 2014. I'd rather it be in 2014 if it means they get things right.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    Well this kind of makes you question the 1 year away and can't make any changes that TG keeps telling us. It's looking like the castle will slip in release date, but isn't it Mattel who has said that legal makes them release all the years items in the year? They can't have it go into the next year?

J
    Demo Man was almost a month into 2012 before finally shipping out, he was a 2011 sub figure.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

We've waited this long... What's another month or two.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

I Can't wait to see how the new Jaw Bridge is going to work. What all the differences are between the prototype and a production test. How the walls will look cored out, etc.
    I think it's cool to see how a play set like this get's produced.
    I think it's cool Mattel is letting us see this process as much as they can.

I'm excited to see what will be shown. I wish I was there to see it in person, but I can be patient.
    I hope they bring either this sample or an even more finished piece to Power Con!

Has anything been said that it would be delayed? Or is that just speculation on the part of some fans?
    I don't see why not having a final plastic (It's still plastic) material is cause for cries of doom and delay?
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Has anything been said that it would be delayed? Or is that just speculation on the part of some fans?
    ^I think it's mostly speculation. I think TG meant that they wouldn't have the finished product at the actual convention.

Mattel and the Motu team always bring those tacked/gummed together final or close to final models to display. I think people are overreacting just a tad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jobber View Post
    We've waited this long... What's another month or two.
    That's exactly how I feel... Plus, I'd much rather get it in February or March and not in December... December is so expensive for folks.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

As long as the playset isn't delayed into 2014, it doesn't matter to me if this isn't the final product. I bought an extra one as a Christmas gift for the niece and nephew, which I want under the tree come Christmas day. Every kid needs to experience opening up a kick ass playset on Christmas morning at least once in their life!
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    ^I think it's mostly speculation. I think TG meant that they wouldn't have the finished product at the actual convention.

Mattel and the Motu team always bring those tacked/gummed together final or close to final models to display. I think people are overreacting just a tad.
    Maybe my memory is bad, but any time Scott talked of what they hoped to bring to SDCC was a hope! He was careful to state that it would either be a near final or maybe a final example of a production piece. But to be fair, it's always been a hope.

I totally agree with you on the fact that prototype examples are common on the SDCC Showroom floor in any company you visit, and that some people are over reacting just a little. (which is also normal.)

Again, pointing to how cool it is, that Mattel is going to let fans play with it.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Nobody is going to want six Shazams.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post

If the same people didn't overreact over everything that doesn't suit them perfectly, there'd be nothing to talk about!

TG has always said he HOPED to have final plastics done for hands-on impressions at SDCC. not once did he ever say it was guaranteed.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    That's exactly how I feel... Plus, I'd much rather get it in February or March and not in December... December is so expensive for folks.
    This is actually a pretty good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Nobody is going to want six Shazams.
    I don't even want one....

I want The rock 2-pack and the mini-masters, but I have to wait until they're on Matty.
    Recent....Eldor
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

I wonder if it is delayed when they would tell us, i'd hope it would be at SDCC.
    I'd just rather know if i can be selfish and keep that money for me (the castle) or spend it on other people...

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBad View Post
    I'm taking this as a good sign
    Hopefully it means they're taking their time making sure they address fan requests and fix major flaws in the castle.
    What is this optimism of which you speak? Such a rare quality for an online forum. Such a welcome albeit rarely seen animal in the wild.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

I Can't wait to see how the new Jaw Bridge is going to work. What all the differences are between the prototype and a production test. How the walls will look cored out, etc.
    Yeah, I'm most curious about the jawbridge. I would assume (HOPE!) that the proto they bring to SDCC is not going to be the same as what they showed at toy fair, but something further along, just not final.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew K View Post
    Yeah, I'm most curious about the jawbridge. I would assume (HOPE!) that the proto they bring to SDCC is not going to be the same as what they showed at toy fair, but something further along, just not final.
    I think we will see something very different from what we saw at Toy Fair. For one, they made a point on the video to place a disclaimer on the footage of the Castle, stating it was the Toy Fair version. Secondly, he states its not the final plastic and that there are "tweaks" still left to work out. This sounds like very minimal changes, ie paint apps, accessory placement, small details, etc. - I think they are too far a long to be moving floors/walls. In the end I think what we see at SDCC will be 90-95% of a completed castle (including the cored out interior walls).

Not having a "final" Castle Grayskull will still not prevent me from cancelling. I'm assuming they didn't want to show it in plastic form, because it will look thinner than the prototype, and maybe cause people to change their mind before the August 30th cancellation deadline.

I'm all about the size of the castle and the promises of how big it would be. It failed to meet those dimensions, so it will also fail to meet my $250 for it. I will be canceling it, but since my credit card that I used to order it expired this year.....Digital River will cancel it for me, even though I updated my info.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe my memory is bad, but any time Scott talked of what they hoped to bring to SDCC was a hope! He was careful to state that it would either be a near final or maybe a final example of a production piece. But to be fair, it's always been a hope.

I totally agree with you on the fact that prototype examples are common on the SDCC Showroom floor in any company you visit, and that some people are over reacting just a little. (which is also normal.)

Again, pointing to how cool it is, that Mattel is going to let fans play with it.
    I don't think this version will be accessible to fans, he made it sound like this version would be fragile. I think his hope was to have a nearly final test run version for fans to interact with but it wasn't ready in time.

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    When I think of delay.................... I remember Frosta !

She was improved dramatically during the delay period right ?
    ..... Man I am trying to be optimistic! That Frosta still stings. She was one of my most wanted characters...
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

I'm really disappointed that there hasn't been enough progress on Grayskull to see something close to final during SDCC... and I guess by "close to final" I'm really talking about finished product with actual dimensions and accessories, what the final paint scheme will look like, etc.
    On the other hand, it gives me hope that they took in a good amount of our constructive critiques, and maybe the delay in having something plastic has more to do with them tweaking things in our favor than whatever the other reason might be. But then, Scott did keep telling us "too late to do this, too late to do that..." back in February, so... ???

I doubt whatever this next pre-order item he's mentioned is going to go full speed ahead. I mean, people have every right to be skeptical after that initial NYTF Grayskull reveal.

On a more positive, excited note- I do look forward to seeing those mini-comic characters in more detail!
    Last edited by zodak74; July 16, 2013 at 09:24pm.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    Well this kind of makes you question the 1 year away and can't make any changes that TG keeps telling us. It's looking like the castle will slip in release date, but isn't it Mattel who has said that legal makes them release all the years items in the year? They can't have it go into the next year?

J
    You're thinking of any subscription Items. Subscriptions can not legaly go over from one year to the next. Castle Grayskull is NOT a Subscription Item. It was a preorder outside of the subscription.
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I don't even want one....

I want The rock 2-pack and the mini-masters, but I have to wait until they're on Matty.
    Do you even collect DC figures????

Quote Originally Posted by IrrepressibleDH View Post
    This is pathetic. It's an obvious attempt to stop people from cancelling by showing them the sub par finished item.

They should just scrap the whole thing. What an absolute failure.
    You are right

Quote Originally Posted by retcon View Post
    The largest toy company in the world continues to hit them out of the park!

I for one wish it had been charged - the Aussie dollar has slipped and the wretched thing just shot up in cost for all of us down under.
    I've pretty much decided to cancel my order anyway. It's underwhelming and yet I have no space for it anyway. If it blew my mind it'd probably be worth it, but $400-$500 is just too much for what we're getting.

I'm already paying close to $40 per figure now thanks to price increases/exchange rate dropping. >_< I don't need a mounting bill at Christmas time. :P

I have two orders pending, the first one has two CGs, and the second one has only one CG, and definitely I'm cancelling one of the two.
    If the SDCC CG reveal was satisfactory enough, I'll probably stick with the first order that has two CGs, and if the reveal was still disappointing like before, I'll stick with the second order, and dump the first one... I could use the saved $300 toward LEGO sets that I need or a new Wacom tablet.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    Do you even collect DC figures????
    Nope, that's why I said...I don't even want one. And if I did, I'd just get Batman & Superman figures....Darkseid, Lobo...etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    You're thinking of any subscription Items. Subscriptions can not legaly go over from one year to the next. Castle Grayskull is NOT a Subscription Item. It was a preorder outside of the subscription.
    But....they did...with Demo Man, he did not ship to most buyers until mid January 2012.
    Recent....Eldor
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor