Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SDCC Castle Grayskull won't be the final product, not even plastic - (CLOSE TO FINAL)

This thread title doesn't make sense. "Not even plastic"? I don't think Matty just bought a 3d printer capable of prototyping a CG. Plastic is the last step. If they could bring a plastic castle, it would mean the mold are done. How could they have a plastic castle without being finished? The molds are the most expensive part of the process, they're not going to make test molds of a not final design to inject plastic into for SDCC.
    Last edited by goluphi; July 17, 2013 at 02:23am.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things arenít absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I donít collect toys to be miserable. So Iíd rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    This thread title doesn't make sense. "Not even plastic"?
    It's what TG says in his video @2:50
    "We will have close to final product...it's not gonna be totally final...in fact it's not even made of PLASTIC..."

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBad View Post
    It's what TG says in his video @2:50
    "We will have close to final product...it's not gonna be totally final...in fact it's not even made of PLASTIC..."
    I get that. What I'm saying is that it doesn't make sense to say it's not final "not even plastic," because if it was made of plastic, it would be final.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things arenít absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I donít collect toys to be miserable. So Iíd rather think about the things that do excite me

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    I get that. What I'm saying is that it doesn't make sense to say it's not final "not even plastic," because if it was made of plastic, it would be final.
    It could be made of plastic, but still lose some Paint apps or accessories... So even if it was Plastic, they could still say it isn't final.

This one isn't final, not even plastic

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    I wonder if the box is finished and who is on it

Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    I wonder if the box is finished and who is on it
    According to Bcrduk in the "...Possible Rveals at SDCC (SPOILERS!!!) NOTE: ALL HEAVILY RUMORED..." thread, not She-Ra.
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    It could be made of plastic, but still lose some Paint apps or accessories... So even if it was Plastic, they could still say it isn't final.

This one isn't final, not even plastic
    How could it be made of plastic? Mattel has never shown anything in plastic, unless it was final, AFAIK (if I'm wrong, please correct me). If it's made of plastic, that means in this case that it was injection molded, which means the molds were created, which means the design is final (except for maybe paint apps). This is what doesn't make sense to me. How could they make it out of plastic unless it was final?

Also, does anyone know if they are going to be reopening Castle Grayskull preorders during/after SDCC?