Thread: Converted :O

Converted :O

I didn't keep any of the vintage figures I found at Big Lots. I sold a few off at low prices and returned some when I decided I did not like them. Well, I kept Moss Man but mostly because he has 200X head. My favorite 2 figures that I picked up at BL are Marzo and Adora

I found the vintage figures to be totally boring. The designs feel dated all of a sudden. The thought of that Clawful sitting on a retail shelf next to Neca figures or something is almost laughable.

I think I'm with you guys; am I the first? Am I a traitor?

A fan, not a nostalgic
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    I think I'm with you guys; am I the first? Am I a traitor?
    Yeah, how dare you like the 200X series? That's not the REAL series for TRUE FANS! That's a mockery that got the franchise RUINED FOREVER! Everything related to the 200X series should be destroyed with fire to show our LOVE for the franchise!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOL I'm just busting your chops.
    Now seriously, you're certainly not the first. I was converted the instant I saw the announcement for the 200X series, in 2001 (that's THREE YEARS before the cartoon came to Italy), and I wish the series had continued. I would've also liked to see a 200X take on the New Adventures, in both cartoon and action figures form.

The release of the 200X line got me back into Motu collecting again.

It reminds of the days when the Org was selling MOTU figures by the case load. It was a great feeling to get home and see this big arse package waiting for you to open.

I just don't think a lot of these old character designs can appeal to kids in today's market--which explains why these things aren't at retail.

Parent: Smokescreen or Clawful?
    Kid: ??? Smokescreen!

I'm sure retail executives who aren't looking at the line through the lenses of nostalgia see Clawful and many others
    and think "???... oookkk". If your goal is to appeal to kids, these designs were not the way forward. They should have went 200X or Filmation.

Sadly, Mattel didn't do that because they are cheap and wanted to produce a line of a million figures who all use the same parts.
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; July 23, 2013 at 11:41am.

I prefer the bulkiness of the MOTUC figures, but I think the 200X designs by and larger are better than classics. Teela and He-Man for classics are the better designs, BUT the 200X armour on the classics he-man body is to me the PERFECT he-man, and classics teela is the perfect teela. every other figure from the top of my head the 200X look wins out. but I do REALLY like the classics, I just hate the limitations of them in terms of shared parts and basically uniform heights.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Well, this was really my first time having a bunch of them in my hands. I had a few TRU 2-packs at one point, but I returned them a day or two later. So I haven't really had any of these. And you don't ever see them anywhere other than the Internet or one or two floating around in comic book shops. I had a good chance to finally examine a bunch of these and just wasn't impressed with them.

Major characters who look accurate to either 200X or Filmation are largely the only ones that I kept.

I took back Man-E-Faces, Clawful, Grizzlor, a Faceless One (lips?), and an Orko. Let the next guy who walks in have some fun. I sold off Leech and Sy-klone. BTW, I have only seen one Ghostbuster set. They got in 4 of the same, but only at 1 of my Big Lots.

I also feel that Megator is very 200X with the oversized weapon. And so I kept him.
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; July 23, 2013 at 05:35pm.