Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sourcefed Nerd: Mattel EXCLUSIVE: Comic-Con Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    Wait a moment. I think I've seen that face before:

http://cooltoyreview.com/sdcc09/02ma...h/IMG_2282.JPG

You can't escape Mattel!
    yeah, nice ... face

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    @ genie Toyguru. Will he grant all our toy wishes?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    http://forum.blu-ray.com/images/smil...rted/rotfl.gif @ genie Toyguru. Will he grant all our toy wishes?
    This is why I wanted that .gif and hopefully I'll get half of my biggest MOTUC wish... (I say half cause it's highly unlikely that I'll get her Vintage Toy version)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Warrior
    Trish has also been the "Hoverboard Girl", right?
    HoverboardGirl.jpg

She's so cute! She should be in all Matty videos

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Number one: Whatever those two took before going on camera, I want some.

Number two: I can now say definitively that TG is a braver man than I; after about five minutes with that caffeinated duo, I would have been diving back through the jawbridge and finding a place to hide.

Seriously, the negative comments about the hosts are justified; they were way over the top (we're talking Adam West in the 60's Batman over the top here, and not in a good way). The words annoying and cloying pop to mind immediately. But I will re-iterate something I've said many times before: TG should do all of his comments and answers live or video-ed. In person, he comes almost always comes off much better than he often does at the keyboard. He handled these hyperactive hipsters quite well, joining in at appropriate times and basically backing off at others (for his own safety?). I admit the shot from Matty with Spector was a little tacky, but otherwise TG came through the way you'd want one of the faces of your company to. If he had handled some of his poorer written responses over the years this well, we would likely have had a lot less controversy during that time...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I was thinking the MOTU SDCC Exclusive was $50? So it's $60???? I must have missed this somewhere else. I could have sworn the 2 pack was $50.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post

Number two: I can now say definitively that TG is a braver man than I; after about five minutes with that caffeinated duo, I would have been diving back through the jawbridge and finding a place to hide.

Seriously, the negative comments about the hosts are justified; they were way over the top (we're talking Adam West in the 60's Batman over the top here, and not in a good way). The words annoying and cloying pop to mind immediately. But I will re-iterate something I've said many times before: TG should do all of his comments and answers live or video-ed. In person, he comes almost always comes off much better than he often does at the keyboard. He handled these hyperactive hipsters quite well, joining in at appropriate times and basically backing off at others (for his own safety?). I admit the shot from Matty with Spector was a little tacky, but otherwise TG came through the way you'd want one of the faces of your company to. If he had handled some of his poorer written responses over the years this well, we would likely have had a lot less controversy during that time...
    You should watch their BLOOPERS video for that show. It's genuinely funny. Scott's in some and looks very uncomfortable. "I'm staying out of this" - Scott.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    ROFL!!! Thats awesome! Use this when Nepthu is announced !

By the way, i want that hat from the Nerd!

Yikes. I agree with the others, it's like a kids show. Scott's a fun guy, but those other two need to chill on the caffeine.

I think this video should be called.

Yo Guru Guru
    Dora the packaging explorer
    Guru's Clues (Theres even a Steve!)
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    ROFL!!! Thats awesome! Use this when Nepthu is announced !
    Hm, one scene almost made me believe they were talking about him...

By the way, I want them to be on CNN news for one day.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Since we're bashing the hosts, what I found the most annoying is having such an overly excitable male host that asks a ridiculous question like whether the MOTUC figures are copies of the original 80's toys?!!! This is the worst kind of nerd, one which doesn't even have his nerd facts straight! It proved that they're excitement was not from love of the toys or fandom, but rather from a ridiculous need to sell the "show" as exciting.

You want my attention, cut the dude, get a 2nd, cuter chick to co-host and have them wear less. Then I won't complain about their perkiness.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, CAMO KHAN, LODAR, EVIL ROBOT, ROTAR, TWISTOID

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    OMG these hosts are too happy!@# We need someone much more dreadful (a real MOTU fan?) to grill Toyguru on not his Matty Exclusives this year (what the video is obviously on) but whatever we like to ***** about on here endlessly!

Ok, now that I got my Apologist™ gimmick out of the way, I gotta say that I LOVE that Toyguru entrance. Also can't WAIT for Stonedar and Rokkon. They were some of my favorites in the vintage line too. I've been looking forward to them for years HOPING we'd eventually get them in MOTUC.

Me too. I'll take a double dose.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

This. I am torn between thinking Trish is really cute or wanting to chase her with fire...
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Fire. Definitely fire.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Hey all. Kind of skirting the line here in some posts. It's fine to give your opinion on their level of perkiness, just be sure not to take a wrong turn into personal insults.

- - - Updated - - -

I must say I find this .gif almost entrancing.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Rokkon and Stonedar are huge in their rock formation look. Can't wait to get them.

On a side note, ToyGuru would make a great Egon (Harold Ramis) for cosplay or Halloween.

So i watch these guys all the time. Trisha is a Matty fangirl and has worked as a booth babe for matty. Shes ok. she kinda too cute sometimes. but its tolerable in other videos.
    Steve only likes things he likes. He was the worse person to send to Mattel, but the other female host was on vacation. lol
    But we mustn't dwell. No, not today. We Can't! Not on Rex Manning Day!

Heroic Warrior
    Trisha is a Matty fangirl and has worked as a booth babe for matty.
    Ah ! That explains why those two (and especially the girl) are so over-enthusiastic and why it sounds so unnatural. It also explains the praise about the Hoveboard...

Two very LOUD people... appreciate the effort though.. Mattel is really playing offence these days..
    Justice, Truth, Honor and Loyalty!

Visit my website for handmade Scenery, Statues & More! CUSTOMSCENERY.NL

There's the problem. Even if it's just a show supposed to shill the viewers into buying product, this kind of unnatural excitement is outdated and better suited for a homeshopping channel.

Toyguru was great, though.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Their on camera happiness really reminds me of the workers from Disneyland, its like they're injected with the Mickey Mouse meds. Lol on that TG gif!!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Their bubbliness is a little annoying, butt I DO like to see people with a good attitude say good things about the MOTUC line. I would watch more videos like this.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things arent absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I dont collect toys to be miserable. So Id rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Wow! This is just.... amazing? Hilarious? I don't know but I love it!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Haven't seen the video yet - not sure I want to tbh but I love that TG GIF!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

just wanted to say that i thought TG was absolutely awesome on that segment, and really played his part well ... even though he must have found it hard at times! ...

bravo scott!!
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION