Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2013 SDCC Reveals/Pictures/Discussion Thread

Awesome reveals! I cannot wait to see NA She-Ra design also!

I think the PoP faction seems to be the best one so far

I guess that mystery helmet was always mean for Stan Lee's MOTUC! Nobody saw that coming lol!

Are there any pics of the Scorpia glimpse? I read on the around Ark feed that there was a lightning fast glimpse of her (guessing she'll be the Facebook reveal for 500 likes.)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raziel443 View Post
    Attachment 86186Attachment 86186
    I know 2014/15 is supposed to vintage and fan demanded, but I would love to get these 2 at some point.
    The Great Black Wizard has Skeletor's sword and Magestra's Shaping Staff!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Is there a side shot of Modulock?

His neck piece look WAY to hig/big to me. Maybe it makes more sense from the side?
    I agree. The dual neck piece is too wide AND too tall. Since each head seems to have it's own neck piece it makes him look WAY too tall/top heavy. Surprising since the horsemen seem to do so well with multihead creatures in their outerspacemen line and other things. The rest of him looks cool though. I can't wait to see pics of him with all 4 arms and those other arm split pieces, maybe you can use those as another smaller dual neck piece?

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Are there anymore of these sketches showing the other new characters? Also, nice nod to Filmation where the Wizard's sword is concerned.
    http://news.toyark.com/2013/07/19/sd...age-live-95645

They're down near the bottom of the page.

Heroic Warrior
    SKY HIGH + SKY SLED : 7/10 : Sky High is a cheap, simple but effective figure, and I like his colours and his helmet. Sky Sled is a good omen, and a second chance at vehicles. The only problem is this : this vehicle with that figure are a bit awkward (Sky High being the Windraider’s pilot)… I wonder how much this set will cost. Also, those who want multiple Sky Sleds will be obliged to buy multiple Sky Highs too…

NEPTHU : 0/10 : what a waste of a slot ! And Toyguru “loves” this character !? Yeah, he “loves” it because it’s bland, dull and cheap and easy to produce, with a crapload of reused parts ! The face sculpt is awful, in my opinion. Even his ankh accessory sucks… The ONLY thing I like about him is his crystal bird (but is it articulated, or not ?). There were MANY other more important and fan requested Filmations characters which deserved to be released first (just to name a few : Vultak, Dragoon, Madam Razz & Broom). Once again, Scott has put his preferences before the fans… 0/10 for INEPThu !

LORD DACTYS : 8/10 : very well done, and looks just like in the 200X toon, but classicized… Nice new parts. I’d like to see his sword better, and to see a shot of his back.

HORDE TROOPER 2-PACK : 9/10 : I really like them, and their accessories too ! If ONLY Matty could learn how to display them properly so they don’t look upwards (which makes them look cartoony and not menacing at all), it would avoid many critics, I think. But overall, I think they’re awesome ! Can’t wait to get those guys ! FINALLY, we got the most wanted army builder set !

GELDOR : 6/10 : he looks great, albeit simple. But I’m concerned about the pauldrons of his armor. It could hinder his arms articulations to work properly…

SEA HAWK : 6/10 : Great sculpt, and nice saber ! The shield looks weird, though… I’d like to see more pics of him and of the shield, so I can have a better idea of what to expect.

"ALMOST FINAL" CASTLE GRAYSKULL : 3/10 : This castle still seems small, IMO. And fans STILL don’t know what to expect, exactly. So it’s a fail in my book…

WEAPONS PACK WITH KOWL : 8/10 : I really love Kowl, Rattlor’s armor, Strobo’s gun, Netossa’s sword. It would have been cool if a Netossa helmet could have been added, though… and some weapons in there are questionable (as is usual with each weapons pack). But all in all, it’s a cool pack…

PLUNDOR : 1/10 : Ah ! The OTHER figure Toyguru claims as a “Filmation favorite”… Once again, cheap and easy figure to produce, with minimal new tooling. I quite like his weapons, though. His face looks totally ridiculous, but he looks like that in the cartoon… Once again, this is a very lame character choice : I’d have preferred Sybiline, Imp or other Filmation characters released before him, but once again, the brand manager took a questionable decision. Oh well… I guess fans who love Plundor are happy. But there’s at least a good half of the community that doesn’t like this choice and/or this character.

STRONG-OR (= STRONGARM) : 6/10 : pretty decent, from what I was able to see, but I’m just not too much into this character. I might buy him, though. I’d also like to see a closeup of his face…

TWO-BAD : 10/10 : YES ! Two-Bad looks AWESOME ! Almost perfect ! And he comes with his double mace and his shield ! I really love this figure. One of the best reveals, in my opinion, and one the most fans requested figures for this 2013 SDCC. My only minor gripe is that I would have preferred a more savage, screaming Baddhra (purple) head.

GLIMMER : 7/10 : very nice colours, and I like her facesculpt. Now, let’s hope her articulations will be fine, and that the final product will not look inferior or rushed…

MODULOK : 9/10 : Modulok is my second favorite reveal ! He just looks fabulous ! I didn’t give him 10/10, because we now have to see how good or bad his detachable and swappable parts will be. I’m just being cautious… but he’s wonderful, and by the time we get him, the basic Horde characters will be complete. Add Scorpia and Dragstor, and I’ll be happy (Multi-Bot would be nice too, though).

HYDRON : 6/10 : his sculpt looks great, but I’m afraid of the transparent plastic helmet he’s wearing (risk of breakage ?). I might be pleasantly surprised, though… Maybe when we get the SDCC walkthrough with Pixel Dan, we’ll get a better idea…

GOAT MAN : 9/10 : Goat Man is THE big surprise of these reveals, and I must say that he looks magnificent ! I’d say he looks too cool to be a traveling conventions item. Awesome work by the 4 Horsemen ! I really like him, but it’s going to be a real hassle if I want to get him… I also like his hammer, and the staff he comes with (please note that there’s a handle to this staff, so I guess that theoretically, Stratos could use it too).

THE UNNAMED ONE : 0/10 : no picture of the year’s exclusive ? Bad idea. VERY bad idea ! Plus, he comes with a mini-comic (= marketing trick to get the fans to want to buy him). I’m intrigued by this character, though. But I personally don’t like the secrecy at all…

STANDOR : 0/10 : this figure deserves to join Mighty Spector, Vykron and Mo-Larr in the toilets of the MOTU history ! Another slot that I consider wasted… You want to give us an old man’s figure, Toyguru ? Then PLEASE give us Eldor, who is actually fan requested ! The ONLY thing I like about this figure is the helmet. The dark, space-like armor (it's glittery, and it looks like the void of space filled with the glitter of the stars) is somewhat reminiscent from the 1987 MOTU movie, don’t you think ? Could this be a step towards Gwildor, Saurod and Blade !?

NOTE :

SCORPIA has been “shown”… well, just a quick peek at her scorpion tail, apparently. But I guess this means she should be released some time in 2014. Awesome !

LOOKEE : I’m really surprised we didn’t see Lookee released with any figure. I thought he might have come with Glimmer… I hope to see this little guy in the line soon.
    Last edited by Prahvus; July 19, 2013 at 06:52pm.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    LOOKEE : I’m really surprised we didn’t see Lookee released with any figure. I thought he might have come with Glimmer… I hope to see this little guy in the line soon.[/QUOTE]

I would bet that he is snuck in as a hidden/bonus accessory with the likes of Glimmer or another POP character

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Daddy View Post
    "Unnamed One" not to be revealed until it ships.
    Isn't that a serious breach of consumer law,the fact they are selling a blind product that you do pay for and don't tell you what your getting.
    As for the reveals i'm only looking to keep Two-Bad,Modulok and Dactys,maybe the sky sled.(still undecided due to the figure).

Plundor looks like a giant purple Bucky o Hare,Hydron is more GI Joe than Motu,and the Horde troopers look way to cartoony.
    Standor=pass
    Nepthu=pass
    Geldor=pass(he got eaten by a tree for gods sake)
    Glimmer=pass

Heroic Warrior
    I would bet that he is snuck in as a hidden/bonus accessory with the likes of Glimmer or another POP character
    It could be possible... I hope Lookee will be included in the line soon, though.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Reveal videos if any please ???
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Quote Originally Posted by Merman79 View Post
    Attachment 86175

.....sub Exclusiv is Barbarian He-man

lol
    Thundarr? Is that real??????

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    It's definitely a horse-shaped shadow so it could be what you are hinting at.
    Maybe Strydor?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yodafreakmaster View Post
    LOOKEE : I’m really surprised we didn’t see Lookee released with any figure. I thought he might have come with Glimmer… I hope to see this little guy in the line soon.
    I would bet that he is snuck in as a hidden/bonus accessory with the likes of Glimmer or another POP character[/QUOTE]

I bet we get Filmation Kowl too. Scott loves to toss in those Easter Eggs.
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

Heroic Warrior
    Woo hoo! Sea Hawk, Glimmer and toy-design Kowl.

It's going to be great to finally have:

- Adora's main squeeze;
    - the full core trio of PoP; and
    - someone who knows Adora's "secret".

And the upcoming releases of Scorpia, Huntara and hopefully Loo-kee are also awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    Thundarr? Is that real??????
    t's a custom. There may be a kit you can buy like the blackstar one soon.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    t's a custom. There may be a kit you can buy like the blackstar one soon.
    I'd be WAAAAY into that!

Quote Originally Posted by he-man121 View Post
    Isn't that a serious breach of consumer law,the fact they are selling a blind product that you do pay for and don't tell you what your getting.
    As for the reveals i'm only looking to keep Two-Bad,Modulok and Dactys,maybe the sky sled.(still undecided due to the figure).

Plundor looks like a giant purple Bucky o Hare,Hydron is more GI Joe than Motu,and the Horde troopers look way to cartoony.
    Standor=pass
    Nepthu=pass
    Geldor=pass(he got eaten by a tree for gods sake)
    Glimmer=pass
    Um. When You buy an MOTUC subscription, you don't know what like 75% of the stuff is. Every year so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel443 View Post

image removed

I know 2014/15 is supposed to vintage and fan demanded, but I would love to get these 2 at some point.

What was the deal with these slides anyways? I couldn't hear what Scott was aying when these popped up?

I know these are new characters designed for the mini comics but were these mock ups for their figures?

I'd buy both!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by he-man121 View Post
    Nope, otherwise, all of those "blind bag" toy makers would be SOL.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    What was the deal with these slides anyways? I couldn't hear what Scott was aying when these popped up?

I know these are new characters designed for the mini comics but were these mock ups for their figures?

I'd buy both!!
    I was asking myself the same question.

Itīs great to see them especially with all those MOTUC parts/details but what does it mean?

Are they going to become figures now? Will they be included once the all stars years are over?

We need more information!!!!
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Modulok can be fixed to where he only one head right (like the Filmation version)?

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    PLUNDOR : 1/10 : Ah ! The OTHER figure Toyguru claims as a “Filmation favorite”… Once again, cheap and easy figure to produce, with minimal new tooling. I quite like his weapons, though. His face looks totally ridiculous, but he looks like that in the cartoon… Once again, this is a very lame character choice : I’d have preferred Sybiline, Imp or other Filmation characters released before him, but once again, the brand manager took a questionable decision. Oh well… I guess fans who love Plundor are happy. But there’s at least a good half of the community that doesn’t like this choice and/or this character.
    this fan of plundor is very happy! i do think it was a misstep to put him in the main sub though. plundor's a divisive character, no doubt about that...but as i said in another thread- the thing about divisive characters is the amount of passion, both positive and negative that they produce. so, while many may hate him, many, like me, love the guy...and that equates to definite purchases.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Awesome reveals.

Two-Bad 10/10: This figure is near perfect. Lots of new parts and a great detailed sculpt. The only thing I miss is the vintage bonding of the blue and purple. But that's just a nick pick. Accessories are perfect. Both heads look fierce and fit in with MOTUC.
    Glimmer 9/10: Look at that beautiful face sculpt. I thought she would be a rather bland figure but I'm dead wrong. Some very nice colors. Love the staff and crystal orb.
    Modulok 10/10: What a beast of a figure. Almost a complete new sculpt with outstanding sculpted details. The neck piece does seem to be a bit high. Weapon is spot on.
    Lord Dactys 9/10: Another winner. Lots of new parts. Amazing details. The head sculpt is spot on and I love his huge claw feet. His sword looks solid and cartoon accurate. Glad we're getting him. Wish we see Evil Seed soon and done in the same vein.
    Nepthu 6/10: Strange character selection. The figure itself looks well done but it's the accessories that make it worth it. Not my first pick for a Filmation sub but I would ended up buying anyway.
    Hydron 8/10: Not really a fan of the character but there's no way they could've done him better. He has some wonderful details on the head and on his outfit. He will look great with the rest of the GG.
    Plundor 7/10: Not a huge fan but he was on my wish list. The coloring looks fine and the head sculpt is nice. He does has some new parts which is positive. Great accessories.
    Horde Troopers 8/10: These were one of my most anticipated characters to be included in the line. My first reaction when I saw them was a bit of a disappointment. The body is a flawless sculpt with almost all new parts. The head is where the problem lies. The positioning is one thing but the head itself could have done better and more menacing. I hope they change the head so i can give them a 10/10. At this point they just don't make it.
    Sky High & Sky Sled 8/10: A very good combination. The character came out very nice with the amazing head sculpt and the added wings. The vehicle looks stunning. Lots of details with the engines and the steering handles.
    Kowl & Weapon's Pack 7/10: A lovely Kowl sculpt and the colors do look nice. I expected to see a Filmation colored version with the rest of the reveals but I guess they wait a bit with that. Some nice additional weapon's for Netossa, Rattlor and Strobo. The rest of the weapon's are not for me. They could've added a perch for white Zoar.
    Geldor 7/10: Not my most anticipated figure for 2013 but the execution is good. Great head sculpt and nice armor and axe.
    Strong Arm 8/10: A big fan of the character and he's nicely done. Some new parts that make him stand out a bit. The laser gun is okay.
    Goat Man 8/10: A very nicely executed figure. I love the head sculpt which looks very evil and menacing. The hammer looks great and original. The Emerald staff looks gorgeous.
    Standor 4/10: Strange name and concept for a figure. The helmet looks great as does the armor. A great paint job with the sparkles. But than comes an awful head with ridiculous looking glasses. Easy pass for me. Maybe nice to get on clearance and to swap heads.
    Lookee 6/10: Not a fan of the character but he's well made. The size is great.
    The Unnamed One -/10: Hope it has Snake Men influence. Curious what it may be.
    Scorpia -/10: Haven't seen the sneak peek.

Damn it people. Stop liking Dactys. How am I as a cherry picker suppose to pick him up if you all are going to keep him.

Elder Councilman
    Y'know, the reveals for 2014 really spoke t me. .in a sense that I could only imagine how much better tjey would have turned out had we just let Toyguru stick to his roadmap as opposed to rushing them out now, clearly improvising with the tooling they had, as opposed to what they planned to have by that time.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Wowowowowowow!
    This might have been my favorite slew of SDCC reveals ever. Three out of my 13 most-wanted are getting figures, and there's some out of left field stuff that I didn't see coming that I actually find to be pretty exciting. Granted, a lot of what's been shown was sort of obvious (I even "predicted" the first 4 figures of 2014 accurately in one of the recent "map out the line" threads... all I got mixed up was the months for Hydron and Glimmer. If the rest of '14 looks anything like I've jotted down, I'll be one very happy customer!).
    So, let's see... going in order of upcoming release:

Sky High & Jet Sled. Didn't see that one coming at all, certainly not paired together- that's for sure. If this pack sells well (but will it? Does sticking in Sky High hinder sales of the Jet Sled for those who wanted more than one of these vehicles?), I have hope that we might get more of this sort of thing down the line. Maybe Teela 2.0 & Charger as a set? Toy Costume Catra & Clawdeen? Veena & Battle Lion? Flying Fists He-Man & Laser Bolt? I've been in love with the Battle Ram since the Horsemen showed off their prototype way back when, and think Sky High looks great (he's going to look rad with Ditztroyer's laser rifle!)- even if he does use those cursed Trap-Jaw legs... LOL. Can we retire those now? Sky High looks great with 'em, but that'll do... no more por favor!

Lord Dactys. Didn't think he'd make it into the line, frankly! I thought we'd get Prahvus as the next MYP character, so his reveal was a pleasant surprise. Can I say that I think the Horsemen have outdone themselves (again) with this guy? Funny that they blew us away with their Draego-Man last year, and this year they're reusing his wings on yet another figure that's just miles above what I thought was possible for the character. I feel like we never really got that good of a look of him in the MYP cartoon, and the Horsemen have done a great job of bringing him to light, as it were, and showing off all the finer points of Lord Dactys. Impressed with the colors, the brand new feet, and especially the head sculpt and sword. He's brilliant, and I think will be the sleeper hit of 2013

Nepthu. He's really the low point, for me personally (though "somehow" I suspect I am not alone... LOL). Making him look evil with the mascara'd Filmation eyes (the main focal point of the character, if you ask me... those sinister eyes!) could have done wonders for this otherwise bland inclusion. As he is, he just looks heroic, totally harmless, and extremely dull. The crystalized Zoar and his bio are his two greatest features. That's kind of sad. I would have taken just about anyone in his place, and lord knows there was plenty to choose from! I would have rather have had another PoP character (really? Is Sea Hawk the ONLY She-Ra character in a Filmation sub?!?!) like Vultak or Hunga, or if it had to be a He-Man character, Negator or the Slave Master. Eh, 2012 had more duds in it... so if Nepthu is this year's Horde Prime, Spector, and Laser Lot all rolled into one slot, so be it.

End Of Wars Weapons Pak. Kowl is the highlight for me here. I think he looks like a total freak with those eyes and his too-realistic chicken fingers and feet (he does not look cute! at ALL), but absolutely love the vintage toy colors used here. This version I know will grow on me... I'm more thrilled that the character is being included in the line at all and can overlook some of the weirdness... LOL. The other stuff? Looking forward to getting the Rattlor armor, wished they had sculpted a trident for Netossa but will settle for that sword (or give it to Peekablue down the line), love the Strobo gun, but otherwise? Not really happy with the rest of the stuff. All the Trap-Jaw and Roboto parts I think are overkill, making the "gold" weapons rather than finishing the Castle Grayskull Weapons Rack weapons in the proper colors wasn't something I would have chosen to do, and the Laser Lot stuff all being so flat is a disappointment. But hey- $20 and you get Kowl plus a bunch of other stuff. That's not too shabby. I still think it's a mistake that this is meant to be the last set...

Horde Troopers!!! From the neck down, they are perfect. The only thing that throws me is the eyes. They look more cartoony than I was expecting, and I just mean cartoony in general- because they're certainly not Filmation eyes. Did the classic toy look like that? Or is this more honoring the cardback or mini-comic art? The new shields are great, and though I don't necessarily love the Troopers' eyes, oddly enough I think that design element at the front of their crossbows is cool. I'm sure the Trooper head will grow on me, it's just that I've been watching a lot of She-Ra and have become accustomed to their eyes looking as they do in the 'toon. I'm also happy that they have both the classic toy staffs and the 'toon staffs. As far as one being battle-damaged... eh, I don't really care too much for that but it's not a deal-breaker by any means. I hope to get my hands on a few sets... you need at least a half dozen Troopers in your collection (and something I never could do as a child... have an army... I only had two!). I am impressed by the amount of new tooling. It's 100% spanking new parts, is it not?

Geldor. I voted for him (I think... it was either him or Cloak & Dagger Evil-Lyn, can't actually remember for sure), he won, and he's underwhelming. The axe is really a bad design and the paint reminds me of Roboto's legs (like a weak Sharpie pen marked over silver for black details). He has a great face sculpt and I like his color scheme, but he's almost got that Filmation thing going on where there's just not a whole heck of a lot of detail to the guy, which makes him a bit dull. I figure I'll like him more once in hand and I can give him some other weapons to make him look more barbaric. Surprised they took the Liquid Of Life thing so literal from the comic and basically gave him a drinking glass rather than taking some artistic license and making... oh, I don't know- a cool vial or other sort of container and calling it Secret Liquid Of Life.

Sea Hawk. I swooned over him in another thread, so suffice to say I'm in love with this guy. 100% perfect execution, and love the red saber and the shield! Glad he made it this year.

Castle Grayskull. So November now, huh? Looks like Christmas is coming early! I really love that they took our criticisms to heart earlier in the year and fixed so much of the stuff that was off. If it's still being tweaked and this isn't the final version, then I can't wait to see what the finished version will look like. I am hoping for some darker green bricks at the base and some blacker eyes, with some nice blending of that old vintage toy coloring used throughout. So far my favorite pic is He-Man wearing that bat pack accessory. It's stuff like that which makes the line fun!

Tiered Stands. I'll pick up a few to put inside the Castle somehow. We still don't have a price or quantity per pack for these yet, do we?

Standor. You know something? I love it! So you don't like the Stan Lee head sculpt or the glasses, you can remove and mix and match the parts presented with this figure and make something really cool out of him. I am thinking the UK Comics Horde Prime head, or Mo-Larr with that face helmet thing, or even the classic toy Bow head... there's a lot of potential here and I think he's going to be a figure worth seeking out.
    I just hope he's not difficult to come by.

Plundor. Eh. He's not as menacing as I thought he'd look, but unlike Nepthu he DOES look straight out of the cartoon in terms of the face sculpt. This character had a great episode, but his action figure doesn't really do anything for me. And I think it's funny that while yes- we finally have an accurate Filmation axe for Skeletor- that even the display figure has a bent one probably from the packaging. I like the Grayskull rifle repaint, but I actually think Strongarm's gun fits this wacky rabbit better, so I'll be making a switch!

Stongarm. Was it mentioned why the change to Strong-Or? Obviously a trademark thing, but I wonder if they mentioned that in the panel. I wasn't expecting him, simply because of all the Nepthu and Plundor gossip- I figured they were the Filmation figures leaving no space for Strongarm. The fact that Plundor is part of the regular sub kind of cracks me up. Strongarm came out fantastic! The gun is lost on me, as far as it's origin. But it's totally '50s sci-fi cool, and like I said it might be a better fit for Plundor. Now all we need is the She-Demon of Phantos herself!

When you look back at 2013... this is the strongest year of figures Mattel has given us. Even the "duds" couldn't bring my enthusiasm for this line down. There were a lot of things in 2012 that I was very unhappy about, but 2013 month after month has been pretty much a thrill
    Now, there's 2014 on the horizon...

Goat Man. YES YES YES!!! He looks awesome and like Sea Hawk, I find him to be perfect Does he swing that mallet around in the book? I've never read it, but man does he look like he means business. Also, I love that in the span of a year we get the two versions of the Staff Of Avion, and Stratos can even hold this one Though honestly, it looks like a good staff to give to a character like Castaspella. In my mind, I relegated Goat Man to "never never" status, so I'm shocked to see him in the 2014 roll-out. I figured the Travelling Con figure would be Teela 2.0, since there's still so much demand for her. I wasn't expecting a figure with as many new parts as Goat Man to take the slot. Very pleased!

Two Bad. Knew he was coming, but still really happy to see him. If he were the last Evil Warrior to ever be released, I would feel Skeletor's faction to be complete. If we actually do get Ninjor, Blade, etc. that's just icing on the cake now. Love both head sculpts, hope that the finished product sports the exact same paint scheme... and psyched to get that 2002 mace in not-so-flimsy plastic... LOL! That was such a great weapon the Horsemen sculpted for him in the reboot line, but man- that had to have been the bendiest weapon EVER. Here's hoping for solid plastic!

Glimmer. Another predictable reveal, but man- her execution is better than I expected. She's Filmation for sure (I've been known to hate on the Filmation Glimmer), but BETTER. Gone are those bug eyes, and in it's place an actual pretty face. Nice job Horsemen! You actually managed to make me forget I've been championing for the afro all these years, too... The unitard doesn't look like I thought it would, and that's a good thing. I love the added bracelet and boot details- they're from the classic toy, and it's things like that that I appreciate. Rocker ankles FTW! And that staff? It's just as detailed as the old toy. My only gripes with her are the colors. I would have done her up in toy colors with that pink and silver combo look, rather than these purples- and the gem I'd prefer to be anything but dehydrated urine-colored, but aside from that she's great. Also like the open spell hand and the... marble? Sure, why not?

Hydron. This guy might have come out the best of them all. I mean... you've all seen the source material, right? But man oh man... look at this action figure, will you? He's amaze-balls! He's a... space scuba diver! A space scuba diver is the leader of the Galactic Protectors! It's nuts and I love it. I wonder if the bio will actually finally give him a reason to be wearing this suit 24/7. He's one of my favorite reveals, even if he too was someone I guessed was coming in Q1 2014 so long ago. I do hope there's room in 2014 for at least one more GP... because seeing what they did here, I want to see how the Four Horsemen tackle the likes of Spinwit, Artilla, Tuskador, and Sagitar!

The Unnamed One. Um... this one I'm on the fence about. First off, I was like "HECK YEAH!", then I was like "Oh, they're not actually going to show him. Um. Well, what will he look like?", then "Wouldn't it be smarter to actually SHOW this year's Club Exclusive when the life of the line is totally in danger?!", then back to "OH COOL LOOK! A MINI-COMIC!"... LOL... Judging from the shape of that mysterious black cloth... I'm calling it right here: Sh'Gora. Sh'Gora has to be the Unnamed One. Right?

The Background Mini-Comic Characters Revealed. So, is it me or does it seem strange they're showing off those new mini-comic characters, and showing things like that little Filmation guy that fell down into the abyss with Teela, and things like Filmation weapons with The Great Black Wizard (who's totally Skeletor!)... this reeks of: Add-On Sub 2014!!! And I kind of hope it happens. These guys look like they'd make great toys, and I want them in MOTUC. Maybe they'll do a 6 figure mini-sub of mini-comics characters next year, and it'll look something like: The Great Black Wizard, Oo-Larr, Bandwidth, Lodar, Red Beast, and Josh

Anyways, this was exhausting to write... LOL. I'm spent. And very VERY excited for the future of MOTUC!

P.S.- Scorpia sneak peek?!?!?!

P.P.S- totally forgot Modulok! Honestly, when I first saw him I was like "Uh... seriously? He looks awful..."
    And then the more pics I saw, and the more I got used to his redesign (because he is pretty much "amped up" from the classic toy and even Filmation, almost like a 2002 version if there had been one), the more I'm into it. He looks like Hellraiser Vs A Crab Monster now. I can't wait to buy like three of these guys and make all sorts of out of control creaturezoids. My one big BIG gripe is the double-head neck connector. Sure, it looked like that in the '80s, but I thought that was because of the limitations of the time. I was kinda hoping his two heads would be done sort of like Two Bad's. But I guess they're doing it vintage-style so that you can display him various ways. Still, it's the one thing that really bugs me. But other than that, the other limbs, his colors, the weapon... all pretty great. The head sculpts are my favorite aspect of this guy
    Last edited by zodak74; July 19, 2013 at 08:39pm.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    Y'know, the reveals for 2014 really spoke t me. .in a sense that I could only imagine how much better tjey would have turned out had we just let Toyguru stick to his roadmap as opposed to rushing them out now, clearly improvising with the tooling they had, as opposed to what they planned to have by that time.
    Huh? But the 2014 figures Two Bad and Modulok had lots of new tooling, and Glimmer and Hydron had more than I expected as well.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406