Thread: We should count our lucky stars (TRU Masterpiece Soundwave)

We should count our lucky stars (TRU Masterpiece Soundwave)

So, for those that aren't Transformers collectors, you should be aware of the current clusterfarce going on with ordering Masterpiece Soundwave from Toys R Us.com. He went on sale a bit early on Toys R Us's eBay store. Instead of honoring orders and shipping them out on the street date, the canceled something like 400 orders. Today, they were supposed to go on sale for real at 9am EST on their website. They went on sale briefly at 5:30am CST and quickly sold out. Only those that were camped out all night in front of their computer, or were really lucky, got one. They've gone on sale at least once since then, and quickly sold out. When 9am EST rolled around, there were none to be found on Toys R Us.com.

This situation really brings to light to me how spoiled we are on here. We're used to getting our figures delivered every month with only a few small hiccups here and there. People like to complain about Digital River and Mattycollector, but at least with a subscription you have a 99% guarantee of getting the new figures you want. No having to camp out all day/night and cross your fingers! You know when things are going to go on sale, and despite problems of WSODs in the past, or Digital River billing mess ups, we have it a LOT easier than other collectors that have to deal with garbage like Toys R Us.
    Last edited by goluphi; July 18, 2013 at 10:18am.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Yeah, it's ridiculous. They went on sale at 5:30am this morning. I hadn't even heard about the cancelled orders. I guess it saves me $100 if I can't get him.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    It's a Hasbro thing, I sort of expect them to underproduce it. They get to laugh at their fanbase this way. Don't worry, you can by an Acid Storm instead, an MP toy no one demanded.

Toys R Us is completely incompetent. They don't even have General Zod in Kryptonian armor on their website. I don't know why these companies have websites, the figures available are all the crappy ones that nobody is looking for. I have only bought anything from toysrsus.com a couple of times.

- - - Updated - - -

I think they would rather sell them at the store. Then they can jack the price up as they see fit.
    If you'll be my enemy, I'll be your enemy, too.

does anyone know if this is coming to canadian TRUs?? not on the website but ours is worse than yours.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Hmmmm...I got my Japanese MP Soundwave rather easy-peasy through BBTS.

Never wanted the plastic U.S. versions. Give me die-cast metal any day...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post

I almost bought the FOC voyager when Kmart marked him down to $15. But then I decided to pass on him
    If you'll be my enemy, I'll be your enemy, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post

I agree on the die cast sentiment, but the Takara Soundwave is not where you're going to get your fix . I had him for a while, he felt hollow and plasticy for me. I think only the feet were metal. I don't think the US version has any more or less metal.

If you want to talk a sweet amount of die cast, you got to talk about the original Maserpiece Optimus Prime & Megatron.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

TE=krosfyah;3288968]does anyone know if this is coming to canadian TRUs?? not on the website but ours is worse than yours.[/QUOTE]

Yes sir they are. My cousin is manager at one in my city and she said they won't be receiving them for at least a couple weeks. I'll give a heads up when I have more info
    On Twitter @DualHares

Heroic Warrior
    I was right in the middle of this whole drama. Bought the TRU eBay SW, only to have my order canceled, then stayed up all night last night and snatched him right as he went up. I had almost given up and gone to bed!
    There was so much conflicting info coming out of TRU-- most everyone thought he was going up around 9:00, but other folks were being told that time and date were only for SDCC, and he wouldn't be up for sale on the web until August, still others were saying midnight. What a mess

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    If you want to talk a sweet amount of die cast, you got to talk about the original Maserpiece Optimus Prime & Megatron.
    Yup got those, too!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Dual_Hares View Post

Yes sir they are. My cousin is manager at one in my city and she said they won't be receiving them for at least a couple weeks. I'll give a heads up when I have more info
    Fantastic!! Thanks a lot man!!
    Last edited by krosfyah; July 18, 2013 at 07:59pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    MP Soundwave will be back. Better than dealing with employee resellers and regular resellers at retail.

Yeah, for all of it's problems, Mattycollector.com is better than TRU.com OR Hasbrotoystore. Remember one year when we were waiting on Battle Armor Faker? I remember the fiasco last year, when Bruticus sold out in minutes and you had to sit online all day and wait for when they made him available on the site.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I do agree that if there's one good thing about MattyCollector, it's that we are at least told ahead of time exactly when something is going on sale, and for the most part they are usually on time, and if they are late, it's usually only by a few minutes.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    I almost bought the FOC voyager when Kmart marked him down to $15. But then I decided to pass on him
    I just bought him recently. I wasn't sure if I wanted him but then it got down to just one left in my entire city and I thought, "well, now or never," so I picked him up. I'm glad I did. He's a really fun toy. Now I'm kicking myself because I missed out on Blaster.

As for the Masterpiece version, he looks awesome but I never had any intentions of shelling out over $100 on one new Transformer. There are very few post G1 Transformers I'd consider shelling out over $100 for when I'd rather spend that much on a vintage Transformer.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal