Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-Mattypalooza SDCC Conversation and Reveal Thread

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Anyone think we will see something new during Preview Night?
    I thought we might see some new stuff during Preview Night, but I never thought it would have been this awesome!!!!
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

I actually think that "jet sled" is a better name for this vehicle, "sky sled" is a tad lightweight.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    I'm surprised that only you noticed that this is the Sky Sled and not the Jet Sled!
    http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/7987/pb9r.jpg
    I know, kind of a silly decision. I guess they figured it was easier to use a trademark they already had. If they ever make the real Jet Sled they just have to rename it.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    I know, kind of a silly decision. I guess they figured it was easier to use a trademark they already had. If they ever make the real Jet Sled they just have to rename it.
    I think it was just a gross mistake... and they will never admit it... It's like callin' the Tower Tools the Cliff Climber....
    If it was somethin' related to copyright why they didn't use another name like Battle Sled?

I'm surprised that only you noticed that this is the Sky Sled and not the Jet Sled!
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; July 18, 2013 at 07:24am.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

To sorta quote Senator Amidala...

"So this is how the chance of getting a BattleRam dies...to thunderous applause"

BattleRam is [most likely] not going to happen now. The Sky[Jet] Sled was the big "get" for that vehicle and a reason people would've bought multiples of it. No reason to buy multiples of it now (and frankly, a lot won't bother even buying a single BattleRam because they only wanted the sled.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it was just a gross mistake... and they will never admit it... It's like callin' the Tower Tools the Cliff Climber....
    If it was somethin' related to copyright why they didn't use another name like Battle Sled?
    I'm wondering if it had to do with the fact that it's packed in with the figure.

Sky High with Sky Sled sounds silly.

Take my money now.

Last edited by Tallstar; July 18, 2013 at 08:07am.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I will also most likely be picking up this years weapon pack. Rattlor's armor, Strobo gun, Kowl.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

with preview night reveals like these I feel like Mattypalooza will blow us away!
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Odiphus, Illumina w/ Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    with preview night reveals like these I feel like Mattypalooza will blow us away!
    Ya know...the more I'm thinking about this...
    At first, I saw the Jet Sled packaged with Sky High and thought there was no chance of getting the Battle Ram.
    What if they did this so that people would buy multiples to get the most out of the mold using separate SKUs?

If at Mattypalooza they unveil the BattleRam (with slightly different "nose" on the the Sled (Which is the SKY Sled))
    People will buy that...and then if they want multiples of just the sled, they can purchase the Sky High/Jet Sled pack.

No preorder...just offer it. They would already get money from the tooling this holiday season, so the amount needed to sell for the BattleRam would be lower because the cost to make would be lower. The issue they had with the Wind Raider was too much unique tooling.

I'm really excited that we're getting a Sky Sled finally. But, I would've hoped to be able to purchase them separately. I'm going to end up with a few excess Sky High figures now.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    I'm really excited that we're getting a Sky Sled finally. But, I would've hoped to be able to purchase them separately. I'm going to end up with a few excess Sky High figures now.
    I'd like to know if those are "wings" on his back or is that a weapon? (Doesn't really make sense that he's a pilot if he can "fly.")

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    I'd like to know if those are "wings" on his back or is that a weapon? (Doesn't really make sense that he's a pilot if he can "fly.")
    The are indeed wings sir. Its silly but they have a Wind Raider look to them so they work. Are those the new Stackable Greyskull stands that Wundar is standing on at the bottom of the display case? Nobody has commented so I wasnt sure
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

I would think it's wings but it could be both. Could be a back-up if the Jet sled crashes. And I have no problem with it being called Jet Sled. I doubt we'll ever get the Jet Sled. And, if we do, they can call it something else and we can call it whatever we want when we get it home.

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    these are wings, and good point btw lol

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/g...4133911-58.jpg

PS: Trapjaw legs, YET again

To get upset over the Sky Sled being called Jet Sled is getting a bit picky if you ask me. A "fantastic fail"? Perhaps if they ended up calling it Clawdeen, but not changing "Sky" to "Jet".

The wings could be just for gliding.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    The wings could be just for gliding.
    Good point! (And in my canon...that's exactly what they'll be for. If he gets shot out of the sky, he's not "a goner")

He's the Wind Raider pilot, so he has Wind Raider design bits on him to tie him to the vintage art. He doesn't appear to come permanently glued to the Jet Sled so what does it matter that he comes with these wings?

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    Ok, well done Pixel Dan for the video, good lad
    BUT, question:
    on the card for Sky High & The Jetskycloud Sled is says 'Holiday 2013' and then below it says 'coming fall 2014'...any idea what that's about? you can first see it at 1:02 and better about about 1:39 it looks like it's been torn through or under, a mistake maybe?

Wonder Woman can fly, but still uses her invisible jet at times.

Just because you can run doesn't mean you won't drive a car.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Wonder Woman can fly, but still uses her invisible jet at times.

Just because you can run doesn't mean you won't drive a car.
    (But they look mechanical...like Icarius') I'll assume that they are for gliding

Quote Originally Posted by dwitefry View Post
    Ok, well done Pixel Dan for the video, good lad
    BUT, question:
    on the card for Sky High & The Jetskycloud Sled is says 'Holiday 2013' and then below it says 'coming fall 2014'...any idea what that's about? you can first see it at 1:02 and better about about 1:39 it looks like it's been torn through or under, a mistake maybe?
    I Would think the 2014 is an error. The fact he has packaging and such already means he will be sold sooner than later.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    We've got NEW BIOS!

Nepthu - Wicked Sun Sorcerer

A devoted servant to Count Marzo, Nepthu was devastated when his master was transformed into a powerless old man and vowed revenge. Without magical ability of his own, he spent years scouring the Sands of Fire and Sands of Time until he was also an old man. Nepthu eventually found the Temple of the Sun and within it the Sun Scarab and was transformed into a young wizard with a fervant desire to control the universe. His scarab was destroyed by He-Man, leaving him powerless, but he transformed once more when he pledged his devotion to King Hsss during the Second Ultimate Battleground. Nepthu has powerful magical abilities that include freezing energy blasts as well as the ability to block telepathy and create an entire army made out of sand.
    Sky High - Heroic Airship Adventurer

A former palace guard serving under Teela, Darid was best known as an ace test pilot, working alongside Duncan to put his latest inventions to the test. Daring to push the limit on almost any vehicle, Darid earned the nick name "Sky High" and helped Duncan's team to upgrade the Wind Raider and Jet Sled for faster acceleration and smoother landings. During the Second Ultimate Battleground, he led a squadron of Blaster Hawks into battle combatting the Horde Boa Jets and King Hsss' new Snake Strike Squad. As cocky as he is brave, Sky High defends Eternos from aerial attacks.
    Someone turn Mantenna's card over and snap a pic of the bio!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    We've got NEW BIOS!

Someone turn Mantenna's card over and snap a pic of the bio!
    And Batros as well and see if the Weapon's Pack has a bio for Kowl
    Want Crita Veena Angella Peekablue EvilSeed Prahvus Saurod Ssqueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreElle Montork Miro BlastAttack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quake Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Drissi LadySlither Bubblor ThreeBeast FangOr GreatBlackWizard MajorHeader RaJar