Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-Mattypalooza SDCC Conversation and Reveal Thread

Heroic Warrior
    I have got one thing to say..............................
    GIVE ME STRIDOR or GIVE ME DEATH!!!!
    Hmmm....that might have been a little much

Wow the pics on the Matty page are awesome. Even granamyr gets a weapon. Also what people think of the other two reveals.
    Feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

Email facelessone@he-fans.org

Quote Originally Posted by fisto power View Post
    Wow the pics on the Matty page are awesome. Even granamyr gets a weapon. Also what people think of the other two reveals.
    Where did you see that Granamyr has a weapon?!?!?!
    (Or are you mistaking the Weapons Pak for a weapon FOR Granamyr rather than his gold weapons that are shown in the artwork?)

Feedback thread

I think that means the golden weapons are suppsoed to represent his treasure.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Oh that...ok, no, that's just saying that the golden treasure of weapons is FOR Granamyr...not for him to actually hold.
    It's a golden repaint of the previously released weapons.

You got me excited for a minute

Sorry I guess I read it too quickly. I was excited about the ghostbusters reveal

I was also expecting a sneak peak email from Matty and not an update to it's website. I miss those emails.
    Last edited by fisto power; July 18, 2013 at 01:43pm.
    Feedback thread

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    My thoughts on Geldor...Awesome! Glad to have another cool villain in the line.

Sky Sled and Sky High...good but not great. I'd rather not have to buy the figure multiple times for the sled. As is, if the price point of $35 is accurate, I may only buy 2 sleds and figure out what to do with the extra Sky-High.

Nepthu...next!

Weapons Pak...okay.

Lookie...who?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I just wish kowl could flap his ears
    Feedback thread

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    I think it was just a gross mistake... and they will never admit it... It's like callin' the Tower Tools the Cliff Climber....
    If it was somethin' related to copyright why they didn't use another name like Battle Sled?
    Sorry, I can't get upset with this when in the 200X line we had "Battle Fist" and "The General"......... the Sky Sled/Jet Sled/Front of the Battle Ram is BY FAR my absolute favorite MOTU vehicle, I don't really care what they call it as long as we get it.

We need a flying stand though like the wind raider.
    Feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post

Sky Sled and Sky High...good but not great. I'd rather not have to buy the figure multiple times for the sled. As is, if the price point of $35 is accurate, I may only buy 2 sleds and figure out what to do with the extra Sky-High.
    geldor looks like he pities many fools.

multiple sky-highs=eternos clone troopers?
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Heroic Warrior
    Geldor looks rad-- I love that he has his teeth bared, with a semi-smile, like he's gonna tear you up.

I'd say my enthusiasm for Geldor and Nepthu were about the same before the reveals, now I'm all over Geldor, and I can't stand Nepthu, almost exclusively based on the face sculpts and expressions.
    How could they get one so right and the other so wrong. I honestly think the 4H were just bored with Nepthu and didn't even try. Can't say I blame them, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post

Nepthu...next!

Weapons Pak...okay.

Lookie...who?
    I can do without Lookie & Kowl, especially with their statue-esque articulation, or lack thereof. I'm honestly not even a big fan of the birds.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I wonder if they're gonna put out some sort of teaser accessory in one of the cabinets like they've done in the past? Fingers crossed!!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    To get upset over the Sky Sled being called Jet Sled is getting a bit picky if you ask me. A "fantastic fail"? Perhaps if they ended up calling it Clawdeen, but not changing "Sky" to "Jet".
    First of all I want to say that I ain't angry I'm just laughin' at this gross mistake.... it's just funny how they can do somethin' wrong also in these simple things!
    If they called it Battle Sled, Purple Sled, Hot Sled, Sticky Sled, Autocombustion Sled, Not Insured Sled, I'll sue you Sled, Mary Jane Sled, Puke Sled, Lurchin' Sled, Flabberghasted Sled or Rockfeller Sled... well they forgot the real name and they used another name... it was just a change like Battle Fist for Fisto but not a fantastic fail.
    The problem is that there is another MOTU toy called Jet Sled... as I said
    It's like callin' the Tower Tools the Cliff Climber
    Quote Originally Posted by 80's Enthusiast View Post
    Sorry, I can't get upset with this when in the 200X line we had "Battle Fist" and "The General"......... the Sky Sled/Jet Sled/Front of the Battle Ram is BY FAR my absolute favorite MOTU vehicle, I don't really care what they call it as long as we get it.
    It's not the change of the name, as I said the "problem" is that they used a name of another MOTU toy!
    I ain't upset! Absolutely not! It's only a toy and it's a great pack! I love it! But it's funny how they can mess things up!
    It's really amazin' to see how many orgers miss the point of my posts here on the org... I am captain misrepresented!

I'm surprised that only you noticed that this is the Sky Sled and not the Jet Sled!
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; July 18, 2013 at 03:29pm.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

So far the only things I'm let down by are the lack of a true Filmation face for Nepthu (like I've said, I find it funny Filmation managed to make him look more evil than his toy turned out!) and Geldor's axe- which looks really REALLY bad, IMO. But it'll be easy to find him different accessories. Other than that, I'm pretty thrilled with everything we're seeing... and I don't think any of this is 2014-related!
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

I know it's probably far fetched, but what if the a new reveal has the rear part of the Battle-Ram with a Skeleton Warrior or a Hover-Robot?
    Another tricky way for Mattel to capitalize on army builders like me, and to force collectors to get the full Battle-Ram in two installments!

Do you think it's a good move, or a bad one?
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Man View Post
    multiple sky-highs=eternos clone troopers?
    Yeah, that could work but I have no interest in multiple good guys. At least the Palace Guards had different heads, weapons and plates for customization. Sky High is going to be exactly the same figure over and over again. With Horde Troopers, this would be acceptable, even desired. But Sky High? Not so much. For me, anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I can do without Lookie & Kowl, especially with their statue-esque articulation, or lack thereof.
    Yup, me neither. But they do have their fans. So, while Lookie and Kowl are not important to me, I'm glad those that want them can have them.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    I wonder if they're gonna put out some sort of teaser accessory in one of the cabinets like they've done in the past? Fingers crossed!!!
    Bring on Glimmer's staff!
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    After all of the excitement yesterday during Preview Night, I am hoping something exciting will happen today as well
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Nothing today...we have to wait until tomorrow for Mattypalooza....

Off Topic...

Someone at SDCC can you ask TOYGURU or another Mattel agent when the 1966 Batman figures / Batmobile are going to show up at TRU?
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    Nothing today...we have to wait until tomorrow for Mattypalooza....

Off Topic...

Someone at SDCC can you ask TOYGURU or another Mattel agent when the 1966 Batman figures / Batmobile are going to show up at TRU?
    Batmobile is on TRU.com right now. I've had one sitting in my shopping cart for a while-- can't decide whether to pull the trigger on this one or not. I haven't seen any reviews of it, or anything besides that one picture.

Heroic Warrior Ben Solstice-Moon's Avatar
    First of all I want to say that I ain't angry I'm just laughin' at this gross mistake.... it's just funny how they can do somethin' wrong also in these simple things!
    If they called it Battle Sled, Purple Sled, Hot Sled, Sticky Sled, Autocombustion Sled, Not Insured Sled, I'll sue you Sled, Mary Jane Sled, Puke Sled, Lurchin' Sled, Flabberghasted Sled or Rockfeller Sled... well they forgot the real name and they used another name... it was just a change like Battle Fist for Fisto but not a fantastic fail.
    The problem is that there is another MOTU toy called Jet Sled... as I said

It's not the change of the name, as I said the "problem" is that they used a name of another MOTU toy!
    I ain't upset! Absolutely not! It's only a toy and it's a great pack! I love it! But it's funny how they can mess things up!
    It's really amazin' to see how many orgers miss the point of my posts here on the org... I am captain misrepresented!

I'm actually thinking what they did with the name thing is the same principle as the Hordak redundancy on the package, "Evil Leader of the Evil Horde" Sky-High and Sky-Sled does kind of sound redundant. Since they couldn't change Sky-High's name, they simply made it a Jet-Sled. No biggee to me in either event; once I rip mine open for display I don't care what *they* call it, I'll call it my Battle Ram Sled.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Bring on Glimmer's staff!
    That would be great for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    After all of the excitement yesterday during Preview Night, I am hoping something exciting will happen today as well
    It would nice to get something shown today also, showing stuff yesterday and today would be a great way to build up to the big reveals on Friday.