Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Loo-kee contest at SDCC 2013

I really hope that response was just Scott trying to "keep the surprise reveal" for tomorrow. I can't imagine showing off a very highly requested figure...fully tooled at that...only to say it was just for fun and there's no plans for release. Say goodbye to a huge chunk of 2014 subscribers if that's the case.

Or I suppose he could be the "Spirit of Hordak" of 2014. Since that was so fun!

There is no plan to release him because they haven't announced him. He'll be announced tomorrow and then there will be plans to release him. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by galaxysurfer View Post
    I really hope that response was just Scott trying to "keep the surprise reveal" for tomorrow. I can't imagine showing off a very highly requested figure...fully tooled at that...only to say it was just for fun and there's no plans for release. Say goodbye to a huge chunk of 2014 subscribers if that's the case.

Or I suppose he could be the "Spirit of Hordak" of 2014. Since that was so fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    There is no plan to release him because they haven't announced him. He'll be announced tomorrow and then there will be plans to release him. LOL
    Hopefully this is the case. I just don't know sometimes...
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Hopefully this is the case. I just don't know sometimes...
    I hope that's true. It's incredibly stupid if they created him to tease us with no plans of releasing him.
    Biggest MOTUC wants - Filmation Evilseed! Dree-Elle & Yukkers, Imp, Dylamug, Hunga the Harpy, Entrapta, Dragstor, Vultak, Admiral Scurvy. Why can't we get a decent Thundercats classics line!!!?

I honestly think that looks like a 4H sculpt of Loo-kee. I can't imagine them not releasing him at some point, even if he isn't an official reveal for the back half of 2013 or start of 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    Couldn't they release Loo-kee with a Filmation Kowl while the toy couloured Kowl is released with the weapon pack?
    I think Scott is just messing with everyone. I agree, Loo-kee will be revealed in a two pack with Filmation Kowl. Weapon Packs are for alternate color versions after all.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureRetro View Post
    I think Scott is just messing with everyone. I agree, Loo-kee will be revealed in a two pack with Filmation Kowl. Weapon Packs are for alternate color versions after all.
    According to Scott, there are "no plans" for Filmation Kowl either. If we come this far and not get Loo-Kee or Filmation Kowl, but we get Nepthu, I will totally flip.
    Check out my blog, Toy Review Daily: A New Toy Review, 366 Days a Year! http://www.toyreviewdaily.com

Quote Originally Posted by MaxGoof View Post
    According to Scott, there are "no plans" for Filmation Kowl either. If we come this far and not get Loo-Kee or Filmation Kowl, but we get Nepthu, I will totally flip.
    Yo won't be the only one!
    Want Crita Veena Angella Peekablue EvilSeed Prahvus Saurod Ssqueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreElle Montork Miro BlastAttack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quake Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Drissi LadySlither Bubblor ThreeBeast FangOr GreatBlackWizard MajorHeader RaJar

Heroic Warrior
    Guys, he's messing. He's been saying for weeks there would be no more vehicles.

Now, they might market Loo-kee like SOH, which would be extremely annoying, but it would be beyond stupid to tool up that
    figure and use in a publicity campaign/ advertising, uh, thing, and not produce them.

Filmation Kowl-- I can see that being farther down the road, though. They're not going to give anyone an alternate way to score a Kowl besides buying that weapons pack. He's pretty much the only thing the weapons pack has going for it...
    Last edited by Gnarliehog; July 18, 2013 at 11:58pm.

I'd be one of those. If this is true I think this will be the first year I won't subscribe. Loo-Kee was my favourite reveal so far (call me crazy but it's true) and if he is not released as a figure I'm done with MOTUC.

(Oh well who am I kidding of course I'll sub anyway...)
    Last edited by Grayskull's Heir; July 19, 2013 at 02:12am.
    Awesome sticker included!

I'll refrain from going nuts until after the panel, but I was so excited. He was my favorite so far... I changed my avatar to him. If he's not revealed , then be sure to Loo-Kee for my rant. It will be epic.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

He must be released somehow, why else sculpt him completely into figure form at that? The plans to release him will probably be in lieu of 2014 subs going through, then they'll pack him in with an upcoming figure. The plan has yet to be finalized. That has to be it.

"NO LOO-KEE? WE GO LOCO!"

I want my Loo-Kee/Imp/Kowl Filmation colours 3 Pack...now!

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    They couldn't think to tell us this before showing off the figure?
    I agree...as Loo-Kee was one of my favorite "reveals" so far.

But I am sure we will get him eventually. Right?
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I agree...as Loo-Kee was one of my favorite "reveals" so far.

But I am sure we will get him eventually. Right?
    Not to sound like a crab apple, but I'm really not in the mood for this sort of unnecessary 'Matty Misdirection', if that's what it is.

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Congrats BCRDuke! Good luck to everyone else who can find Loo-Kee!

...and think of this...why would they give away a free 2014 sub advertising the search for this figure, if there were no plans to make it?
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

Say goodbye to a huge chunk of 2014 subscribers if that's the case.
    I seriously doubt that. Not sure why every time there is a reveal or news that some people don't like this line comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarliehog View Post
    Guys, he's messing. He's been saying for weeks there would be no more vehicles.
    But he did say something about smaller scale vehicles possibly being an option.

Not to sound like a crab apple, but I'm really not in the mood for this sort of unnecessary 'Matty Misdirection', if that's what it is.
    I think "No plans at this time" is his way of saying "We are not ready to announce Loo-Kee YET". I am hoping it will be officially announced at Mattypalooza. *fingers crossed*
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; July 19, 2013 at 11:06am.

Someone on Facebook said his friend is at SDCC and they told him that Toyguru said Loo-Kee is coming as a pack-in with another character.

Yeah, it has to be a misdirection. It would just be plain stupid to have him hiding around everywhere for people to find to win a subscription, and then just not produce him. Unless making fans angry is their goal in everything they do (I know that people could make the argument that this truly is the case).

It's funny, the cartoon Loo-Kee is more catlike, and this toy sculpt more resembles a dog (longer snout).

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    Yeah, it has to be a misdirection. It would just be plain stupid to have him hiding around everywhere for people to find to win a subscription, and then just not produce him. Unless making fans angry is their goal in everything they do (I know that people could make the argument that this truly is the case).
    It's hard NOT to feel that way about 'em, sometimes. Someone, somewhere, indeed gets a kick out of firing up the fan base moreso than watching them get all ecstatic over the line, it would seem.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by MaxGoof View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. Woke up this morning to his posts on Matty QA and it was like a punch in the gut.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. Woke up this morning to his posts on Matty QA and it was like a punch in the gut.
    That's exactly the way I have felt several times in the past days. Although I wasn't able to find the right words for it, but you actually found them: it's like a punch in the gut.

Nepthu: punch in the gut
    No Battle Ram: puinch in the gut
    no more weapons paks: punch in the gut
    Geldor all red instead of his mini comic colors: punch in the gut
    Sky Sled can't be used for army building as it comes with a figure: punch in the gut
    Loo-Kee won't be released: punch in the gut
    etc

I feel really miserable about this year's SDCC and wish the excitement I used to feel all the years would return!

Someone on Facebook said his friend is at SDCC and they told him that Toyguru said Loo-Kee is coming as a pack-in with another character.

I hope this is true.
    I think it would be a great idea to have Loo-Kee as a secret accessory, but without announcing that whoever he comes with will have a secret accessory, thus making it a real surprise.
    Awesome sticker included!

That's good news