Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: SDCC Reveal - Weapons Pak with Kowl (End of Wars)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    I really like everythin' except the dull SLL shield...
    Yes, I admit we need a lot of cool stuff like the Spikor hammer or somethin' for Shokoti but all these weapons will look cool in the Castle Grayskull or beside Granamyr...
    SLL shield is for sure the dud in the pack, but I understand they run them as sets. A little paint would have gone a long way. I wanted SLL weapons since he came out! My Fang Man & Snake Face are super happy right now! I'll be getting 2, I just hope the gold sort of matches the Pheonix gaurds. Royal gaurds need royal weapons!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Touche Mattel! Now I will have to buy 2 of the weapons packs so I can open one up for the Kowl!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Guess I am the only one who thinks the green He-Man weapons go with 200X He-Man
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    Personally, I feel like so many people clamoring for the arm attachments was really just OCd and pedantic - there's no reason for any of them to have each other's attachments, but because they gave Trap Jaw the option, now everyone has to have them??? So this time out we're getting 6 weapons that can only be shared between 3 figures? What's the point in that?

There were a number of truly legitimate items that would have neatly filled those spots, that should seriously have taken precedence and have now been ousted by random (let's be honest) crap.

I'm at least happy that the past 2 years have given us the accessories we would have missed due to budget limitations, and I love that they're sneaking Kowl in this way... but for real, 4 of these packs and barely 50% of it is useable stuff with added play value. A lot of it has been low-cost filler and nothing more.
    Even if they did put usable stuff in there, it most likely would have no paint apps, as less than half of the things in there do. It's a total cheapfest. I suppose this is to offset the Kowl cost, but if the weapons pack costs more than $20 (the originals cost 12) it will be pretty tough to swallow. I have changed my mind, and I think the Rattlor armor looks decent. Thought it looked cheap on the original pics. So for Rattlor's armor and Kowl, I hope it stays under $20. All of the other weapons are worthless or need more paint apps. Even the ones that got paint seem cheap. Netossa's Popsicle and Strobo's Trumpet are the biggest disappointments. I originally thought Netossa's popsicle had a off colored paint hit, but it is actually a blue jewel. If the sword had any paint on it, Like a silver blade or handle it might have been cool. And Strobo's trumpet is just a sloppy mess.

Could anyone attending the panel tomorrow please ask Toyguru what the point of discontinueing the weapons packs is? On matty's forums he clearly states they can't promise that in the future accessories won't get cut. Yet he offers no solution to this problem while simultaneously discontinuing the solution they already had for this problem in the first place.
    I honestly fail to see the logic or sense behind this decision!
    Awesome sticker included!

Y'all have to excuse me cause i don't have any of the other weapons packs BUT is there a green harness out there...
    I want to give the green sword and shield to Faker...I think the blue and green and purple would look sweet together!
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Snake Armor He-Man...

He was ™'d on Clamp Champ's box right?
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I was thinking regular 200X He-Man but the ax has less green than I thought and the shield had none!

If it means Snake Armours on his way I'll take that

However, the CC box may be just a way of keeping the trademark open without making it
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Personally, the Granamyr Weapons should have been made on their own with it's own rack. (Good to sell with Castle Grayskull for those who missed it the first time).

I'm stumped with the green weapons... The sword doesn't seem to have any paint on it.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Warrior
    Anyone else misses the remaining Weapons Rack weapons in rusty silver?

So many desired repaints and Mattel still get only 50% well done... Bye bye orange 200x sword or magenta Faker stuff... I'll miss you...

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Personally, the Granamyr Weapons should have been made on their own with it's own rack. (Good to sell with Castle Grayskull for those who missed it the first time).

I'm stumped with the green weapons... The sword doesn't seem to have any paint on it.
    I was thinking slime pit he-man accessories...

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post

So many desired repaints and Mattel still get only 50% well done... Bye bye orange 200x sword or magenta Faker stuff... I'll miss you...
    I'm with you. Magenta Faker stuff and other weapons would be great, but replacing the red weapons from the weapons rack with rusted silver versions to match the rest was what I wanted the most. The weapons rack just looks kind of silly and non-vintage with metallic red weapons when the weapons were all gray from the original Grayskulll playset. With the castle coming now it is even more of a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post

That's because they've wasted all this time and four packs giving fans only 50% of what they were asking for- using that brilliant "pad the line out!" strategy. Now that the Paks are ending (due from what I can only assume is slow sales- last year's is STILL available after all this time), we're stuck with a lot of things nobody really wants (Stratos jet pack, Clawful mace in green, Sir Laser Lot's shield in a non-lasery-looking plastic, Trap-Jaw having 9 arm attachments), and wanting for what we'll never have (spellcasting effect in different colors, BG Teela's raygun in another color for any of the women to use, magenta Faker armor, Horde armbands, Snakemen armor, ad nauseum).
    Anyways, it's the end of an era for sure.
    Maybe going forward we'll see more secret accessories packed in with other figures, or maybe things like Megalaser or Stilt Stalkers...
    Top Ten Next Reveals Wanted: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Mermista, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Tung Lashor

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Not before Flying Fist or Filmation Hordak in my book.... We don't need all those line killing variants again, if MOTUC lives past 2014 - 15, I seriously hope it doesn't resort to that. I don't want any besides the Vintage He-Man variants....but if they do make a few 200X ones....it should only be the top few high demanded ones.... Classics is not heavily about variants, and it don't need to start now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    That's because they've wasted all this time and four packs giving fans only 50% of what they were asking for- using that brilliant "pad the line out!" strategy. Now that the Paks are ending (due from what I can only assume is slow sales- last year's is STILL available after all this time), we're stuck with a lot of things nobody really wants (Stratos jet pack, Clawful mace in green, Sir Laser Lot's shield in a non-lasery-looking plastic, Trap-Jaw having 9 arm attachments), and wanting for what we'll never have (spellcasting effect in different colors, BG Teela's raygun in another color for any of the women to use, magenta Faker armor, Horde armbands, Snakemen armor, ad nauseum).
    Anyways, it's the end of an era for sure.
    Maybe going forward we'll see more secret accessories packed in with other figures, or maybe things like Megalaser or Stilt Stalkers...
    Yeah, so many wasted opportunities between these last 2 packs....mind you, every one of the new items....are well recieved, but the repaints could have been either different better weapons repainted, or they made the most of the last 2 packs, and filled them with all new ****....I don't think people would have *****ed to pay $20 or so for weapons packs full of newly tooled and much wanted goodies.

Oh but I forgot, the last WP is peg warming....so I guess unless they intended it to do so, it failed....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    I'm thinking Snake Armor He-Man! They would go with the motif.

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post

I was thinking slime pit he-man accessories...
    Same here. Expecting to see him now as another clear figure. Hope he's not as limited as Hordak.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    im disappointed with the weapon pack this year.

i do like the sir laser lot weapons in another color, the gold weapons, the rattlor armor, kowl, the new zodac gun
    everything else i have no use for
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

I might just paint all the weapons gold and give em to Granamyr, i don't use the weapons from the sets unless it'smissing from previous figures (Draego man, Strobo and Netossa for example) might just do that with my other spares too.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    im disappointed with the weapon pack this year.

i do like the sir laser lot weapons in another color, the gold weapons, the rattlor armor, kowl, the new zodac gun
    everything else i have no use for
    That's almost all of it dude!

I am giving the green weapons to Spector.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Snappy Threader
    Love this pack for Kowl, Strobo and Rattlor....but... Granamyr weapons..?...? Why Mattel why? Are they running out of ideas maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Love this pack for Kowl, Strobo and Rattlor....but... Granamyr weapons..?...? Why Mattel why? Are they running out of ideas maybe?
    If you watch the Filmation cartoon, Granamyr "lives" in a room that is filled with "treasure" which includes weapons, chests, gold, etc...
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    If you watch the Filmation cartoon, Granamyr "lives" in a room that is filled with "treasure" which includes weapons, chests, gold, etc...
    It's a nice addition…but I'd rather have gotten a stand for ToD Zoar.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by IrrepressibleDH View Post
    You know, it's things like this that make me wonder if Mattel hates their customers.

Waapons for Roboto? A figure that was made incorrectly and breaks anyway? The weapons don't even suit him! FAIL.

More weapons for Trap Jaw that he can't store, and look ridiculous on him anyway? Plus he's already had stuff in a previous weapons pak. Give someone else some stuff! FAIL!

Kowl in a weapons pak? A WEAPONS PAK? He should have been a pack in with a PoP figure! FAIL!

Gold Granamyr weapons? How many people bought Granamyr? About a third of people who collect the line. And how many of those broke? FAIL!

Changing Strobo's gun sculpt? FAIL.

Green He-Man weapons? We already got blue and orange ones! BORING! FAIL!

Netossa sword? A cheapskate repaint for one of the most unpopular figures in the line? Herp derp, that's a good idea. NOT. FAIL!

Worst weapons Pak ever, imo.

Massively disappointed in this. Way to go, Matty.
    Sounds like it should be an easy pass for you then?

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    Personally, I feel like so many people clamoring for the arm attachments was really just OCd and pedantic - there's no reason for any of them to have each other's attachments, but because they gave Trap Jaw the option, now everyone has to have them??? So this time out we're getting 6 weapons that can only be shared between 3 figures? What's the point in that?
    There are at least 6 figures that can use them off the top of my head:

Trap Jaw
    Roboto
    Horde Prime
    Hurricane Hordak
    Spikor
    Cy Chop

I think a huge mistake on Mattels part is not including Spector whip accessory. There is a prototype that already exists, there is no reason they could have included in this latest weapons pack and now we know we are getting no more weapons Paks, that means we will never get this accessory. There is no reason that they shouldnt have included it, period. It's the only accessory that we know exists yet we won't be getting it. Very disappointing.
    Last edited by facet; July 19, 2013 at 02:13pm.