Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Modulok Discussion Thread (Pictures and Packaging, Page 11)

Modulok Discussion Thread (Pictures and Packaging, Page 11)

7/19/13 SDCC Picture Update:

If the line goes well enough and lasts into Horde members, would anyone else besides me like to see a Classic of that multi-parter Modulok? That is one figure I am very interested in seeing made again!

(Heck that was a figure I would have loved to have seen a 4 Horsemen redesign of!)
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Voice In Hordak's Head SkaterBeast's Avatar

RE: Modulok

I would love to see Modulok. He was always one of my favorite characters as a kid, along with the rest of the Horde. Yeah, poor Modulok needs to be given some kind of update. Even better, how about a complete set of all of the characters from the Horde, with a Fright Zone background. I'm dreaming I know, but it could happen!

Sheboygan,WI(Home of the Worlds Biggest Bratwurst Celebration)
    I allways hated Modulok,and Multi-Bot.But I'd still buy them when/if they get made.Now those 2 would be a great way for the Build-a-figure concept.Even though it would take years to complete them.
    My active ebay items for sale.http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/taddow...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ
    --------------------------------------------
    GOOD TRADERS
    jbaw2, Dr.Omega, Andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it, tmcclurg, celticsfan, THEGODBEAST, Venom77713, Royalt1us, racerx, davidlogan, granbeetle, MOTU SAN JOSE 2, prime731,galaxywarrior,Butterflyer,Creasy Bear.

The Scare is in the Glow! Scare Glow's Avatar
    Iíve always wondered how they would have handled this figure if they decided to revisit it with the 200X line. Now, Iím wondering again with the classics.

Will it be a solid/standard figure which looks like Modulok? Will it be pieces again which the buyer assembles like the original? Perhaps as suggested a build a figure approach would suit this character better. But if so, thereís no way it could be as complicated as before, and probably would just be a regular figure when completed.

Guess weíll just have to wait to find out.

Modulok I want them to do him like he was in the cartoon, and not a "build a toy". Three legs, two arms (maybe four just for kicks) and one head (at a time. He'll come with both but they'll be interchangeable instead of together). Why would I do this? Because Modulok having two heads and a load of other powers besides always made Two-Bad seem less special to me. Why would I care about a two headed guy when I can have a two headed guy who can remove all his body parts and rearrange them into a dozen different forms?

Now, MULTI-BOT on the other hand, I would make a build-a-figure. He at least came with TWO torsos, making him essentially TWO robots with ONE mind. That idea is very pleasing to me. That's why I like Multi-Bot. Incidentally, I'm also a huge fan of the Decepticon camera Reflector for the same reason.
    People who say certain characters should never be remade is stupid. Throw rocks at them.

I support Filmation characters for MOTUC! Let Mattel know it's worth their while to get the rights to those characters!

Quote Originally Posted by Shokoti's Slave View Post
    If the line goes well enough and lasts into Horde members, would anyone else besides me like to see a Classic of that multi-parter Modulok? That is one figure I am very interested in seeing made again!

(Heck that was a figure I would have loved to have seen a 4 Horsemen redesign of!)
    Yeah I was very interested in seeing what the 4HM had in mind for his 200x redesign. Hope we get to see a sketch one day.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by Scare Glow View Post
    Iíve always wondered how they would have handled this figure if they decided to revisit it with the 200X line. Now, Iím wondering again with the classics.

Will it be a solid/standard figure which looks like Modulok? Will it be pieces again which the buyer assembles like the original? Perhaps as suggested a build a figure approach would suit this character better. But if so, thereís no way it could be as complicated as before, and probably would just be a regular figure when completed.

Guess weíll just have to wait to find out.
    Modulok is possibly one of my favorite characters out there and it scares me. I like the idea behind the character and while I never had the 80s toy I can't see being happy with the 2 heads, multiple legs arms etc for a new figure. The Filmation version (which I know they can't do) was better than the toy version but I would kill for an updated 200x inspired 4HM version of the figure.

Modulok was defenitly my favorit figure with Merman and Skeli and Grizzlor.

I hope Modulok will be the first Hordesman in the classics line

Heroic Warrior
    I think we'll see Horde members sooner than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    Modulok I want them to do him like he was in the cartoon, and not a "build a toy". Three legs, two arms (maybe four just for kicks) and one head (at a time. He'll come with both but they'll be interchangeable instead of together). Why would I do this? Because Modulok having two heads and a load of other powers besides always made Two-Bad seem less special to me. Why would I care about a two headed guy when I can have a two headed guy who can remove all his body parts and rearrange them into a dozen different forms?

Now, MULTI-BOT on the other hand, I would make a build-a-figure. He at least came with TWO torsos, making him essentially TWO robots with ONE mind. That idea is very pleasing to me. That's why I like Multi-Bot. Incidentally, I'm also a huge fan of the Decepticon camera Reflector for the same reason.

Modulok and MultiBot a build a figure?!?!?!?! A Modulok and Multibot in every figure...WOWOW!!! Awesome!!!!!!
    Last edited by CocoaSmooth; July 28, 2008 at 09:08pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

I hope Modulok and Multibod will never used for BAF, better Mattel take unknown characters for BAF. Not main Hordesman character.

I've been wanting a new Modulok for years now, and I'm fine with him being a BAF, or a stand alone.

Classics Modulok

I love Modulok (or rather, the Moduloks) - an ace toy. Rad, in fact.

How might we see a Classics Modulok? Lots of full articulated limbs, legs and torsos to fit together?

As he is one of the most unsual and interesting figures, it'd be a shame to miss this....

Moduloks could be very cool... Possibly the first foray into Build-a-Figure territory? In the Classics style, he/they could be very nifty. I'm sure we won't see the likes of him for a while, though, as he would require an almost completely unique sculpt. Mattel will want to test the waters for a bit before offereing him. Can't wait, though!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Modulok is ONE of my ALLTIME TopTen Masters figures.

80sMasters.com freespeach Brian Ozone's Avatar
    this figure could be made great and then it can be made good. Lets see how they do it.

Id like the cartoon version with 3 legs and one head.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Moduloks could be very cool... Possibly the first foray into Build-a-Figure territory?
    This is a really good idea.

I agree that Modulok could be a fabulous build-a-figure!

The cool thing about him though, would be to sell most of him as a standard figure, and then include other "parts of Modulok" with other figures.

But this model really only works with retail sales or wave sales where there is a full wave of figures like the DCUC line.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    I think we will have him.

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    The cool thing about him though, would be to sell most of him as a standard figure, and then include other "parts of Modulok" with other figures.
    I'd like to get pieces of Mod in the mail, one mysterious package after the other....

Movie mayhem!
    Yea modulak as a build a figure would be PERFECT!

Soft.Delicious.Nutritious Matt79's Avatar
    Noooooooo! No BAF Modulok please! I want a Modulok figure in a nice window box for my MOC collection.

Matt79 - Use glue.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    I'd like to get pieces of Mod in the mail, one mysterious package after the other....

Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    I'd like to have Multi-bot parts thrown in as well!
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl