Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Packaging / Box art / Card art Discussion

MOTUC Packaging / Box art / Card art Discussion

Check out MattyCollector.com NOW!!!!
    Good Traders: Domercon, parat0r, cjclifford, marndt8448, prime371, AGE, Grunaura, boggs32, phoenixinfernos1, jesstertwo, Bellamy, Trap-Jay, Steph, Kinnikuman76, zodak74, IceWolf, CHRIS-ORION, Him-Man, layz909e, Master Eternian, Peter, LORD FALLEN ELDOR, Lord Anubis, Son Of Keldor, Tinkerbeee, Pyre, Christop, bigassbuzz, MaxGoof, JeMaBo2, G2Figures, General Hawk 7, Mern-Ra, Cubsteven, lemure77

Awesome! I love it!!!
    Mattel I demand the following:

Spinwit,Spinnerella, The Scientists, Rio Blast, Mara, Crita, Kayo, Mermista,

My Facebook, check it out!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Just saw it!!!

LOVE the transformation motif with the lightning and Grayskull rocks!!!

Only thing I'm not loving is the colors (particularly the orange on BM's fur) look a little muted in these pictures compared to the awesome BRIGHT colors on the prototype.

I wonder if this will be the exact same design for every figure, no matter how long the line lasts or depending on what line (PoP, NA, 200x) the character is from.

What might be cool could be a color palette change for the background on the card front.
    But I don't know, I guess that should be left up to what MOC collectors would prefer.
    Do you guys want total consistency, no matter what?
    Last edited by Lay Ze-Man; November 3, 2008 at 09:08pm.

WOW! Gotta say I'm quite impressed!
    Wasn't sure at first, not what I would've done (of course) but quite good nonetheless!
    – No comment.

LOVE IT!

I really like the scroll/backstory bit on the card back (and the little shield with classic mini-comic art is a fantastic touch ). I hope they keep them for every character to come. Even the size is great and it just adds that awesomeness that all the lines since the vintage line lacked. Lots of childhood magic right there...

I would have liked to also have "new" card back art though. Looking at the pics, I could definitely live with just three figures shown on the back and then replace the MOTUC logo with card art.

Now that would be picture perfect packaging.

All-in-all I'm pleasantly impressed
    Last edited by Sllohcin; November 3, 2008 at 09:19pm.
    "A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

My DeviantART

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Does it say "Adult Collector" on the front?

Quote Originally Posted by Sllohcin View Post
    I would have liked to have card back art though. Looking at the pics, I could definitely live with just three figures shown on the back and then replace the MOTUC logo with card art.
    That's a great suggestion! I agree, that would be one of the very few things they could do to improve it.

WOW

These Babies are a FULL HIT!
    PERFECT WOW WOW WOW!

Just a few little tears are in my eyes...just miss Minicomics.
    Last edited by Merman79; November 3, 2008 at 09:29pm.

Alright Val, where's the HIGH RES pics to be posted on homepage?
    – No comment.

Wow. Great packaging. Can't wait for these! Reinforces my feeling that I should be ordering three of each figure, instead of two.

Quote Originally Posted by sircory-1 View Post
    Wow. Great packaging. Can't wait for these! Reinforces my feeling that I should be ordering three of each figure, instead of two.
    Yes Sir , with me the same thing, i will order 3 not 2.

( Ihave to say it is not possible to make a better Beastman or He-man then the MotuC´s)
    Last edited by Merman79; November 3, 2008 at 09:43pm.

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    LOVE THE PACKAGING! I may have to collect two of each now so I can keep one set MOC! I love the colors, the bios...everything! Way to go - this has just made my night!

Classic & 200X fan
    I want to open, and display moc..so I'm bummed you can't hang these on your wall..There's no hanger...

Wow, Dec.1st is right around the corner So glade we get these before xmas.
    Last edited by Kafos; November 3, 2008 at 09:50pm.

master of hiphop
    Looks GREAT!!

Can't Wait!
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

Heroic Warrior
    Looks cool.

I won't be keeping them in their plastic prisons, but the packaging does look nice. I like the personalised text on the back and for a split second, I thought they'd revealed the first eight figures on the card back.

Can anyone see much of a difference between He-Man's two swords? They look almost identical to me, yet I though He-Man's "good" half of the power sword was going to be an individual/different sculpt.

Can't wait to own He-Man!

A guess at what the bio contains!

I can make out a bit of the Bio. I am not saying this is what sais, but rather what I think it sais. Anything in brackets I am not sure of. The ....... bits I could not make out.

He-Man: The most powerful man in the universe

A (distant) decendent of the Lengedary King Grayskull. Prince Adam of Eternia was chosen to protect his ancestors powersword from evil. But Adam has........................

combining both halfs of the power sword (using) it to channel the energy of the elders to become He-Man, the most powerful man in the universe. He guards the safety of eternia......... Honour of Master of the Universe.

If I have made any of this out correctly it looks like Mattel could be using elements of the Justin Marks script on the card back bios?
    Last edited by Angel-T; November 3, 2008 at 10:07pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

In case anyone has trouble finding it:

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...me/pbPage.News

Looking good.

I'm totally impressed! And, as I will be getting a few duplicates here and there to keep MOC, this packaging will make it all the easier to do so! Thank you Mattel!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Not liking it They should have stuck with what the originals looked like with the red/blue. The Yellow and Brick is just too blah for a classics line.

I LOVE IT!!! I think the design is AWESOME!

At first I wasn't nuts about the colors because they're a bit, well gray, but then I realized that that is PERFECT because it REALLY lets the figures POP! It lets THEM be the star and sell the product, and THEIR colors are the vibrant ones! WA-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I love the packaging too...although He-Man looks like he was just riding Battle Cat for way too long. He looks mighty uncomfortable in his packaging. LOL

Drewsky...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Grayskull
    By my name shall my decendents have the honor and power to combat evil.
    -----
    There's a third sword of Grayskull...I know it!
    -----
    http://eternia.4t.com
    UNDER RENOVATIONS! Try the first & only Classic line Create-A-Figure!
    -----
    WANTED: MOC MOTUC Whiplash, MOC MOTUC Roboto

Really like the packaging! It's vibrant and a lot of fun. Different from the old packaging while still paying homage to important elements! I really like it. As for the bios it looks like:

"A direct descendant of the legendary King Grayskull, Prince Adam of Eternia was chosen to protect his ancestor's Power Sowrd from evil. At first he used a (--) vest with a built-in force field to fight evil, but Adam has since learned (--) combine both halves of the Power Swords, using it to channel the energy of the Elders and become He-man: the most powerful man in the universe! He guards the safety of all Eternia along side the heroic Masters of the Universe"

Kind a fun amalgamation of early mini-comics and the cartoons.

This packaging is so much better than both the staction and the 200X packaging.

I LOVE the white background with the full body pics of the line. I'm not a fan of the scroll through. It wastes too much space. The text is a good idea, but do we need so much? I would have also preferred that the top of the back of the card had an illustration, like in the 80s.

Not a fan of the re-used 80s art either. New art would have been better.

How great is that logo!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    Really like the packaging! It's vibrant and a lot of fun. Different from the old packaging while still paying homage to important elements! I really like it. As for the bios it looks like:

"A direct descendant of the legendary King Grayskull, Prince Adam of Eternia was chosen to protect his ancestor's Power Sowrd from evil. At first he used a (--) vest with a built-in force field to fight evil, but Adam has since learned (--) combine both halves of the Power Swords, using it to channel the energy of the Elders and become He-man: the most powerful man in the universe! He guards the safety of all Eternia along side the heroic Masters of the Universe"

Kind a fun amalgamation of early mini-comics and the cartoons.
    That was much better than my attempt! LOL

can you make out Beastman's bio, something about his home in the vine jungle..................... and at the end.... Skeletor overlord of evil!

I thought it was going to be Skeletor, Lord of Distruction in MOTUC?
    Last edited by Angel-T; November 3, 2008 at 10:22pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

So super freakin SWEET!! I can't wait!!
    Now that I've had some time to calm down. I love the packaging's subtle resemblance to King Grayskull's. The lightning on the front looks awesome, and I love the bios on the scroll, kind of GI Joeish.
    Wow!!!
    Last edited by HE-Fan78; November 3, 2008 at 10:40pm.