Page 10 of 136 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unnamed one - Discussion Thread (Revealed! Spoilers!)

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Bottom line, if it is a demanded figure, they should identify it now.
    As far as I can tell, there is no reason to believe it's any figure other than the Unnamed One--the dark master of the Nameless Dimension and creator of the Snake Men. Now, it's possible that the character has some bit of backstory or appearance connected to another character, but it's almost certainly not going to be a 'surprise figure' of someone else who fans have demanded.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post
    As far as I can tell, there is no reason to believe it's any figure other than the Unnamed One--the dark master of the Nameless Dimension and creator of the Snake Men. Now, it's possible that the character has some bit of backstory or appearance connected to another character, but it's almost certainly not going to be a 'surprise figure' of someone else who fans have demanded.
    Agreed. I thought this was clear from the panel.
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

There is no mystery character. The Unnamed One is his name. The only mystery is what he looks like, not who he is. It's basically what they did with Horde Prime's head.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    This is just a sales strategy...people who are "on the fence" will subscribe to a mystery because it can be anything they imagine it to be...until it's revealed. Yes, many will be disappointed when it isn't what they were hoping it was going to be...but Mattel will already have their money by then.
    Technically Mattel won't "have their money" until figures ship/charge, and as many fans have attempted successfully you could always cancel a sub before figures even begin shipping, so no need for the overly cynical viewpoint.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Court Magician
    As we're all speculating, my first guess would be Eldor. He's a preternia character and could have easily created the snakemen for some as yet unknown reason....
    He had a vintage prototype and has been asked for by fans. It's possible he pulled a Palpatine/Emperor card and decided to play both sides against each other...

Second guess Skeletor/Skeleteen...

Final guess, as odd as it sounds, I could see Gorpo....in Trollan form and then a cloak piece that would make him look (humanoid) when he is on his stand....

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I can't believe that 10 pages and days later there is still speculation that this is a "mystery character" and someone like Eldor.

I don't consider myself the biggest MOTU lore guy around, and I instantly knew that this is the character named the unnamed One mentioned in the vintage Powers of Grayskull mini comic.

He is mentioned in MOTU bios. It is clear from walk throughs...come on now. I really want to avoid a ton of "QQ it's NOT Eldor!!! Toyguru LIED!!!" posts come March 2014
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Court Magician
    I don't think it would come to that (not by me anyway)...it's just why have a "mystery" figure be the sub exclusive figure and NOT show it if it's an all new character...4horseman sculpt or no, it's a prime spot and TG said himself that we would finally see who the "unnamed one" was going to be after 30 years....one can conclude (and many have apparently) taken the air of mystery to mean it may not be just some new mold that the 4H have whipped up. But you're right we will have to wait until next year....IF the sub goes through....

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Technically Mattel won't "have their money" until figures ship/charge, and as many fans have attempted successfully you could always cancel a sub before figures even begin shipping, so no need for the overly cynical viewpoint.
    It's not cynicism, it's business. By not revealing his appearance/identity they'll have more people on on the hook. They're here to make money in the short term and long term. Don't fool yourself if you think they're in it for any other reason.

Court Magician
    Also to clarify....I know that the name of the sub exclusive figure is "the unnamed one", That's the character name, has been mentioned in the mini comics...what I'm proposing is that the "Unnamed One" has a secret identity, hence the 2 heads, it would be a way to get another vintage character out into the line, secretly...so yeah, may be Eldor, or Gorpo or whoever....

This is TOTAL guess-work - NOT a hint.

While at the con, we heard from the panel that "The Unnamed One" figure would have two heads and two sets of hands.

I think they have decided to make Skeketor into The Unnamed One in this version of the story.

We know from Mattel employees who worked on the line back in the day, that Keldor was going to be the Unnamed One, and that he was going to be Randor's brother and Skeletor.

If they produce The Unnamed One this way, they can do Laser Light Skeletor + NA Skeletor as a single figure:

- they have basically the same body, which would require almost all new tooling (and according to the panel and Scott, the figure WILL have a ton of new tooling)

- they would need two heads: the hooded Laser Light Head and the helmeted NA head (and according to the panel, the figure comes with two heads)

- they both have a cape... Yes, one was darker purple and one was magenta, but the NA Skeletor had a darker purple caped variant... So it works

- they'd need interchangeable hands...
    Or at least one: the NA hands/forearms and the translucent, jello-Hordak-like Laser hands (according to the panel, the figure comes with interchangeable hands)

Also, Laser Skelly is on the cover of the mini-comic

I'm my opinion, if this is what it turns out to be, they need to reveal it. It could actually make people buy more than one sub, as they might want to display both versions.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

While at the con, we heard from the panel that "The Unnamed One" figure would have two heads and two sets of hands.

I think they have decided to make Skeketor into The Unnamed One in this version of the story.

We know from Mattel employees who worked on the line back in the day, that Keldor was going to be the Unnamed One, and that he was going to be Randor's brother and Skeletor.

If they produce The Unnamed One this way, they can do Laser Light Skeletor + NA Skeletor as a single figure:

- they have basically the same body, which would require almost all new tooling (and according to the panel and Scott, the figure WILL have a ton of new tooling)

- they would need two heads: the hooded Laser Light Head and the helmeted NA head (and according to the panel, the figure comes with two heads)

- they both have a cape... Yes, one was darker purple and one was magenta, but the NA Skeletor had a darker purple caped variant... So it works

Or at least one: the NA hands/forearms and the translucent, jello-Hordak-like Laser hands (according to the panel, the figure comes with interchangeable hands)

I'm my opinion, if this is what it turns out to be, they need to reveal it. It could actually make people buy more than one sub, as they might want to display both versions.
    I think you are on to something I was thinking it was possible that Skeletor could turn out to be the Unnamed One...but I had guessed it would be movie Skeletor. A NA/Lazer Light combo is much better, and a GREAT sub exclusive. A requested NA character and vintage variant...pretty snazzy.

The new tooling could be adding the cybernetic bits sculpted into the body.

Plus the thing that I really like with that idea is that it would elevate Skeletor right back to the #1 villain of the entire franchise spot, which he deserves. After Horde Prime, we really don't need another brand new "big bad" to show up.

he is the type of sub exclusive you could really use 2 of
    Last edited by Barezz; July 23, 2013 at 07:32pm.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

If the exclusive was that awesome.

WHY WOULD THEY HIDE IT,!

Mattel ain't that dumb

Honestly I think that they just grossly misjudged how excited fans would be at the idea of "not knowing what he looks like until he shows up".

If they revealed it early, people would complain about it being spoiled.

Blade is already coming right .

So Gwildor makes the most sense

Well, I heard that my theory is incorrect.

Oh well

Hopefully when we do get NA Skelly, he will have all the pieces to make Laser Skelly.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior

Oh well

Hopefully when we do get NA Skelly, he will have all the pieces to make Laser Skelly.
    Too bad, it sounded pretty cool. Anyway, I hope we get NA Skeletor and NA She-Ra next year. Those two will likely go a long way in furnishing details for the story of New Adventures in MOTUC.

Heroic Warrior

Oh well

I hope for seperate releases, they are different enough for two seperate releases. I want them as accurate as possible...

We got Skeletor, BA Skeletor, DB Skeletor and hopefully TC Skeletor. Mattel made seperate releases of all those, too, though they have much in common despite their armors

image.jpg

Oh well

Nothing personal but I'm happy to hear that this theory might be wrong. I'm tired of variants, this mystery Unnamed One as the sub exclusive needs to be an original character. So far the best sub exclusive has been Shadow Weaver, they should have made Scorpia, Two Bad, or some like that the exclusive. Since the line is ending every slot needs to go to characters who have not gotten a figure. There are far too many POP, Filmation, and NA characters to be wasting slots an variants.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

This is exactly what I wanted to hear. Though if it's true time will tell. I've always wanted a LL Skeletor.

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    I still think the Unnamed one or Nordor or whatever will be Eldor. He makes the snakemen on accident then gets split by the ancients into Horde Prime and Eldor. So one head and set of hands will be Nordor in his original form and the other be Eldor after the split.......just my guess.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar

This would be absolutely amazing! If its not this cool, they need to hire you right away because I love this idea. I sincerely hope its either this or something as awesome. If I knew that was coming, I'd have already subbed and I might have even increased my subscriptions. I will be subbing for sure, but I'm still feeling this out. An NA/Laser Light Skeletor combo would have had me drooling. Just the idea makes me want to pull the trigger now. Hope its this awesome at least.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

I think, and I'm hoping, that the Unnamed One is an all new design, and not an existing character in disguise (like Skeletor, Keldor or Eldor). It's a cool opportunity for the 4H to use their imaginations and develop something we've never seen before. They did a great job with Horde Prime and I have no doubt the Unnamed One will be just as cool!
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Jeremy View Post
    This would be absolutely amazing! If its not this cool, they need to hire you right away because I love this idea. I sincerely hope its either this or something as awesome. If I knew that was coming, I'd have already subbed and I might have even increased my subscriptions. I will be subbing for sure, but I'm still feeling this out. An NA/Laser Light Skeletor combo would have had me drooling. Just the idea makes me want to pull the trigger now. Hope its this awesome at least.
    He already said it is not the figure. And for all the people screaming Eldor, I hope you are wrong. This SHOULD be a new figure based on the way it was presented.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Heroic Warrior
    What if the Unnamed One came from Earth? Recall a bio that said Marlena discovers a connection between Earth and Eternia.

Side not, I wish the Unnamed One was a LARGE figure. Would be neat. I have been adding large characters to my MOTUC collection. I added the Marvel Legends Frost Giant as a servant to Icer. I just got the 17 inch Tree Beard to display with Granamyr. I got the Barbarian Hulk to fight alongside Vikor.....so it would be neat if Unnamed One was BIG and scary!
    Last edited by DCComicsguy; July 23, 2013 at 10:47pm.