Page 18 of 136 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unnamed one - Discussion Thread (Revealed! Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Bake the Hall in the Candle of her Brain!
    Exactly!, lol
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I think it is going to be satan. lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by swind15 View Post
    LMAO! Scary part is that it would make some of the people on here VERY happy I bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    Scott already has 2 figures.

Ba Dum Tis! It's a joke peeps, I couldn't resist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post
    Actually, that's who I defined the Unnamed One (or "the Nameless Evil") as in my vintage fanfic, although I kept it oblique. I connected the Unnamed One to Evil from "Wizard of Stone Mountain" and had him play a role similar to Hordak in 200X in vintage Skeletor's origin--and I wrote that in 1998!
    Quote Originally Posted by Romadon View Post
    lmao, dont scare me
    If I am right you each owe me a coke. lol.
    “Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ― Apple Inc.

Widget
    My guess is that the Nameless One is evil old Orko from the future sent back to the past. Orko is responsible for everything.

Interesting to note about the comic. I remember that whole bit being confusing. It'd make a lot of sense if that was the UnNamed One.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

The hooded guy in the Origin of Skeletor mini-comic was revealed in the same comic to be just a possessed old man (he's seen later, disoriented and wondering where he is). That was probably the Spirit of Hordak's work, not the Unnamed One, but either way the guy in the hood is just a host.
    Last edited by gbagok; August 3, 2013 at 09:47pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Some of you will be disappointed... Some of you will be happy you guessed it.

Regardless, I think he's cool, I think this is a fun thing Mattel is doing. And I'm excited to read that bio!
    So you've seen him!!! Or you just know who it is? Not that I would be surprised since you work with the Horsemen.

Quote Originally Posted by hlinhk128 View Post
    He's probably not on the back of the mini. Fwoosh had s pic of the back of the comic next to Blade's sword. I think Matt K might have noticed it.

On a side note, Big Bad Toy ***** pre sold 100 units of this guy today at the low price of $100...
    Nice a quick $10,000.00...... well if eveyone doesn't cancel from them and the sub has enough buy in?

The hooded guy in the Origin of Skeletor mini-comic was revealed in the same comic to be just a possessed old man (he's seen later, disoriented and wondering where he is). That was probably the Spirit of Hordak's work, not the Unnamed One, but either way the guy in the hood is just a host.
    Yep, yep. I had actually forgotten how that all ended! LOL. I had to go back re-read it.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Scott and the MOTUC bios/mini comic have never suggested The Unnamed One has anything to do with Skeletor has he/they? That is just coming from the vintage mini comic canon/creator interviews correct? If anything we have more evidence from the DC comics that it's Orko/Gorpo don't we?

Some of you will be disappointed... Some of you will be happy you guessed it.
    but Will anyone be happy with them being right?

That was probably the Spirit of Hordak's work, not the Unnamed One, but either way the guy in the hood is just a host.
    Agreed, that is what I walked away from that comic thinking...That doesn't mean the bio won't retcon it, the way the comic had already retconed some of the bios...I guess time will tell if (this version of) The Unnamed One will be, or even have anything to do with Skeletor at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    The Unnamed One is not on the cross sell of the mini (But he/she is in the comic).
    Stop messing with us, you already said "he" and "him" like a gazillion times!
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; August 4, 2013 at 03:32am.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    Gotta be Future Evil Orko. Or another Trollan at the very least.

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blue Beetle View Post
    Gotta be Future Evil Orko. Or another Trollan at the very least.
    If I recall correctly, a couple years back, there was a lot of questioning as to why Orko was the only one who could use the spell of separation on the Snakemen at the end of the 2nd ultimate battleground..

If an ancient evil Trollan fused and created the snakemen in the first place, it would make sense that a good Trollan would have to be the one to separate and finally defeat them...

(If Unnamed one did turn out to be an evil Trollan, I expect he will look more like a taller, more demonic looking male-shadow weaver/200x-oracle hybrid,maybe with an extra demonic face, so we can finally see what is hidden in the shadows under that pointy hat. If done well, he could be really creepy. It's clear he wouldn't be based on the Orko buck, as he has been mentioned to be brand new tooled (except shoulders), and alos 4Horsemen said they have put a lot of detailing into him.... I think he would look cool....)
    Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; August 4, 2013 at 07:59am.
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Scott and the MOTUC bios/mini comic have never suggested The Unnamed One has anything to do with Skeletor has he/they? That is just coming from the vintage mini comic canon/creator interviews correct? If anything we have more evidence from the DC comics that it's Orko/Gorpo don't we?

Agreed, that is what I walked away from that comic thinking...That doesn't mean the bio won't retcon it, the way the comic had already retconed some of the bios...I guess time will tell if (this version of) The Unnamed One will be, or even have anything to do with Skeletor at all.

Stop messing with us, you already said "he" and "him" like a gazillion times!
    The comics aren't retconning the bios - they're two entirely different storylines/realities. If MOTUC manages somehow to continue long enough, there's a chance they may eventually start incorporating some of the DC concepts and ideas into the MOTUC bios storyline (Despera, evil Orko), but the two operate as two separate storylines, just as the MOTUC storyline is still separate from the Filmation storyline, the original mini-comics storyline, etc. It is its own continuity, just one that incorporates bits and pieces of all of the others.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Is it March yet? I'm tired of waiting to find out who it is!
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    Can Mattel use the design we know of Snake Mountain Man?
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    The comics aren't retconning the bios - they're two entirely different storylines/realities. If MOTUC manages somehow to continue long enough, there's a chance they may eventually start incorporating some of the DC concepts and ideas into the MOTUC bios storyline (Despera, evil Orko), but the two operate as two separate storylines, just as the MOTUC storyline is still separate from the Filmation storyline, the original mini-comics storyline, etc. It is its own continuity, just one that incorporates bits and pieces of all of the others.
    Sorry, I meant to say "Mini comic" MOTUC canon, the Spector-Verse. Scottlandia. We have had several retcons.

While you are technically correct, the reality is that they are pretty similar. You would be hard pressed to find a universe shattering error if tomorrow Scott said "DCNu, MOTUC bios and mini comics are an aligned continuity". Season three concepts, and MVC plans aside, it's all in the 200X continuity family. It could all be a single continuity if Mattel wanted them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex_Alfa View Post
    Can Mattel use the design we know of Snake Mountain Man?
    The Goddess was Fannon, so probably yes?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post
    If I recall correctly, a couple years back, there was a lot of questioning as to why Orko was the only one who could use the spell of separation on the Snakemen at the end of the 2nd ultimate battleground..

If an ancient evil Trollan fused and created the snakemen in the first place, it would make sense that a good Trollan would have to be the one to separate and finally defeat them...

(If Unnamed one did turn out to be an evil Trollan, I expect he will look more like a taller, more demonic looking male-shadow weaver/200x-oracle hybrid,maybe with an extra demonic face, so we can finally see what is hidden in the shadows under that pointy hat. If done well, he could be really creepy. It's clear he wouldn't be based on the Orko buck, as he has been mentioned to be brand new tooled (except shoulders), and alos 4Horsemen said they have put a lot of detailing into him.... I think he would look cool....)
    especially if it's the same Trollon

see this thread fro image creidt http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-standard-buck

BY THE POWER OF NITE-LIK!!!!

http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcusto....php?FID=43177

I found that custom while trying to Google image a screen cap of Orko from stabbing the sorceress and from robot chicken...
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; August 4, 2013 at 08:15pm.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    While you are technically correct, the reality is that they are pretty similar. You would be hard pressed to find a universe shattering error if tomorrow Scott said "DCNu, MOTUC bios and mini comics are an aligned continuity". Season three concepts, and MVC plans aside, it's all in the 200X continuity family. It could all be a single continuity if Mattel wanted them to be.
    Well, Skeletor's origin stories don't quite mesh--and unlike pre-2000 material, I'm not sure how to reconcile these. (I got my fifteen minutes of fame in fandom started back in 1997 or 1998 by finding a way to combine the Infinitan, Disciple of Hordak, and Keldor Origins into one coherent story.) But there's strong evidence that DC is using the bios as their primary source, even if they're taking liberties.

The Goddess was Fannon, so probably yes?
    No, the Goddess comes from the first mini-storybook's art combined with the old descriptions of her as "the Goddess" from the 1983 mini-comics. Fans latched on to her, but Mattel can lay claim to having created her.

Quote Originally Posted by CAIRO View Post
    after hearing the Roast Gobble Dinner i think i have pretty good guess about who the UnNamed one is-

just a guess

this has 2 head, all new sculpt, Snakeman, and very highly recognizable instantly!

what you all think

If this or something similar is who the Unnamed One is I will freak out with joy... What a brilliant concept! Perfect to balance Castle Grayskullman AND pay homage to Snake Mountain... I could totally see this being creating the Snake Men and constructing the iconic part of Snake Mountain in his image. Kudos to the artist... I LOVE the toy's wolf microphone as his staff!!!
    Last edited by AuraBoyX; August 4, 2013 at 11:41pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post
    No, the Goddess comes from the first mini-storybook's art combined with the old descriptions of her as "the Goddess" from the 1983 mini-comics. Fans latched on to her, but Mattel can lay claim to having created her.
    I think he means including her alongside the Filmation Sorceress and Teela as a third character was at first a fan invention. That and calling her the Goddess, which I think was only the name of the white version while the green was called a Sorceress.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousLurker View Post
    My guess is that the Nameless One is evil old Orko from the future sent back to the past. Orko is responsible for everything.
    I know you're joking, but the idea that they were going this route has occurred to me, and is terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    So you've seen him!!! Or you just know who it is? Not that I would be surprised since you work with the Horsemen.
    I think I've said too much already.

I would guess so? I'd be happy if I guessed something right! Depends on the motives for guessing I would think?
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    I would guess so? I'd be happy if I guessed something right! Depends on the motives for guessing I would think?
    I'll be happy to get the figure (if I can find it for a reasonable price on the secondary market) if my guess of "primordial Snake Lord" is right. I'll be happy to skip the figure if my guess of "Gorpo/renegade Trollan" is right.

Heroic Warrior
    Until this day, no origin or backstory of Snake Mountain was revealed... I would be blown away, if it would be a Snake Mountain guy...

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    I'm still holding onto hope that its an NA/LL Skeletor hybrid! The evil trollan guy sounds like a bad idea and snake mountain man might be okay but I'd overall prefer Skeletor be the unnamed one

That would cement him as the ultimate evil in the universe!!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    I'm still holding onto hope that its an NA/LL Skeletor hybrid! The evil trollan guy sounds like a bad idea and snake mountain man might be okay but I'd overall prefer Skeletor be the unnamed one

That would cement him as the ultimate evil in the universe!!
    Dude, i absolutely love NA Skeletor \ LL Skeletor but, it would kinda suck if the Unnamed One turned out to be these because this way many people wouldn't be able to buy multiples.

If NA \ LL Skeletor turns out to be a sort of Trapjpaw \ Kronis, then i would want to buy at least 3 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    Dude, i absolutely love NA Skeletor \ LL Skeletor but, it would kinda suck if the Unnamed One turned out to be these because this way many people wouldn't be able to buy multiples.

If NA \ LL Skeletor turns out to be a sort of Trapjpaw \ Kronis, then i would want to buy at least 3 of them.
    I really really want it to be LL Skeletor. As for buying multiples. Just but more subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    I really really want it to be LL Skeletor. As for buying multiples. Just but more subs.
    Yeah right ...