Page 19 of 136 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unnamed one - Discussion Thread (Revealed! Spoilers!)

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    Dude, i absolutely love NA Skeletor \ LL Skeletor but, it would kinda suck if the Unnamed One turned out to be these because this way many people wouldn't be able to buy multiples.

If NA \ LL Skeletor turns out to be a sort of Trapjpaw \ Kronis, then i would want to buy at least 3 of them.
    They did have differences which would allow a second display option. the hand and different head. weapons...I'm just hoping for this!

that would rock if that was LLS !

Heroic Warrior
    Acccording to the 2002 MVCreations Bible, the Unnamed One is Nordor, and Nordor later becomes Horde Prime...

I wonder whether Toyguru kept this story for the character or not...

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Acccording to the 2002 MVCreations Bible, the Unnamed One is Nordor, and Nordor later becomes Horde Prime...

Actually I think that the Nameless One is the other half of Nordor since his spirit was split in two. One half became Horde Prime, the other the Nameless One. Ironic it would be that two armies fighting each other are actually commanded by practically the same being.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

I'm leaning more towards him being a "Snake Mountain Man" type character at this point.

imagine it was a spector repaint

Heroic Warrior
    imagine it was a spector repaint
    It would sure explain why the figure was not shown to the public...

Was just thinking, if tg said there would be no fluff, only heavy hitters for 2014/2015 , can the unnamed one be an obscure character ?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    Was just thinking, if tg said there would be no fluff, only heavy hitters for 2014/2015 , can the unnamed one be an obscure character ?
    Possibly. I think it's because he's outside the sub and the exclusive figure. The reason I don't think he's an existing character is the way TG talked about him on Roast Gooble Dinner. It really did seem like he was an exception to the no unknowns/no concepts in 2014. He was planned for a long time, important to the mythos, and was a "bonus" figure.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I don't know that I would agree that the sub exclusive is outside the sub...

I also think he is a brand new character at this point, and it seems likely that he could resemble the face on the vintage Snake Mountain in some way. It certainly does seem to break the "obscure/concept" rule, and it seems like a reason he is coming is to provide some wrap up to the bios and MOTUC story.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    But not outside the budget. The only thing that bothers me about this figure is that we're told it has almost all new tooling. Given that a lot of the characters left to make really need a lot of new parts, some new molds straight across the board, I have to question the wisdom of devoting those resources to something no one was really asking for. You know we're going to be told numerous times next year that certain figures couldn't make the cut because the tooling budget isn't there. Is there anyone here who really feels they'd rather have that tooling go to an unknown new character than some highly requested character to finish out the line? I've never really found myself in the "wasted resources" camp that much, but in this case, with so many figures to make and resources getting slim, I'm going to need to be really blown away by this figure to feel it wasn't a wasted opportunity.

At least we can say Plundor had folks asking for him; even figures like Demo Man and Gygor had a lot of requests behind them. I don't recall anyone asking for this, much less an almost fully tooled figure of him.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Is there anyone here who really feels they'd rather have that tooling go to an unknown new character than some highly requested character to finish out the line? .
    I'm one that would fall into this camp. I'm definitely more interested in seeing what the 4 Horsemen came up with design wise for this unknown new character than seeing what they did with Multi-Bot for example. A better looking figure is a better looking figure even if it isn't from the sacred vault of the vintage line.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post

I also think he is a brand new character at this point, and it seems likely that he could resemble the face on the vintage Snake Mountain in some way. It certainly does seem to break the "obscure/concept" rule, and it seems like a reason he is coming is to provide some wrap up to the bios and MOTUC story.
    True, but Castle Grayskull Man was well received by the fan base and I think, if he looks like a walking Snake Mountain and if he'll be awesome sculpted, he'll be a success for Mattel, because he would be the closest thing to a Classics Snake Mountain.

And thinking of Snake Mountain being the fortress of the Snake Men first and surely during a long period of time and with no informations how Snake Mountain was built, it could be a really cool figure with a cool background...

The other thing to consider is that although he may be all new tooling, most of these new parts could have been selected for use in future characters planned out anyway. They may just work with him as well.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    I'm leaning more towards him being a "Snake Mountain Man" type character at this point.
    That was my thought too. His heads being the face on the playset and maybe the second head modelled on the wolf microphone thing... something along those lines is my guess.
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    That is what I want, but not what I think.
    “Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ― Apple Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    But not outside the budget. The only thing that bothers me about this figure is that we're told it has almost all new tooling. Given that a lot of the characters left to make really need a lot of new parts, some new molds straight across the board, I have to question the wisdom of devoting those resources to something no one was really asking for.
    That doesnt mean that the all new tooling cant or wont be used with classic figures that most people want. If not for the unnamed one parts (having no idea what they will look like), it is possible other classic figures could not be made.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Hey, guys... I'm not saying whether it has or hasn't, but the Nameless One MIGHT or MIGHT NOT have been leaked to Poe Ghostal's site and reviewed HERE. I'm not confirming or denying anything, though.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    That doesnt mean that the all new tooling cant or wont be used with classic figures that most people want. If not for the unnamed one parts (having no idea what they will look like), it is possible other classic figures could not be made.
    Now that is a point I hadn't thought of; the new tooling might very well have been done with re-use in mind, which is Mattel's mantra. TG made such a big deal of it being almost all new parts, I was thinking they were one-use pieces, which may not be the case. If there is some planned recycling going on here, then that pretty well mitigates my concerns.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    Hey, guys... I'm not saying whether it has or hasn't, but the Nameless One MIGHT or MIGHT NOT have been leaked to Poe Ghostal's site and reviewed HERE. I'm not confirming or denying anything, though.
    LOL, I should have known..

The Unnamed One is Dylamug. Fully tooled...recognizable...and face/heads are both for him.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    The Unnamed One is Dylamug. Fully tooled...recognizable...and face/heads are both for him.
    Someone has got a good idea in the thermometer thread : reveal Unamed one if we reach 100%

Interesting answer from ToyGuru about UnNamed One. Seems like a totally new character for sure now:

Source: http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/5471029638
    It is a new design sculpted by the Horsemen based on direction from Mattel. No design from the vintage era could be located but we had some notes on what his / her role was and used that as a starting point
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

As soon as he was announced, I immediately thought of Snake Mountain Man. Making him a LL/NA Skeletor hybrid would be sneaky, too. It's just not usually Mattel's style to combine slots. But with new roadmap, who knows.

I for one do not care much for LL Skeletor / LP He-Man. From Day 1 I was hoping that they combined LL & NA Skeletor, because they look so much alike. And with no "laser" function, what's the point.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, CAMO KHAN, LODAR, EVIL ROBOT, DARIUS,

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post

Thats how I still like to think of the unnamed.
    But these bios differ in many of the already established stories within motu.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor