Page 22 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast
Results 526 to 550 of 3382

Thread: The Unnamed one - Discussion Thread (Revealed! Spoilers!)

  1. #526
    grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,583
    Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    I think i may not visit these boards for a month after its release, as my figs normally take around the 4 week mark to appear.
    You'll likely need to avoid going on the internet, or at least any site dealing with toys. And stay off e-bay, as I can almost guarantee it'll pop up there long before it appears on your doorstep.

    Ain't no such thing as a secret on the net...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

  2. #527
    Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Front o' castle.
    Posts
    1,491
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    If the "Friendly Neighborhood Asian Seller" puts a stolen sample on sale, will you take a sneak peek?
    That would be so great!

    How soon do these kinds of leaks start to happen guys? Maybe January? Earlier, later?

  3. #528
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Arkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawbridge:3342930
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    If the "Friendly Neighborhood Asian Seller" puts a stolen sample on sale, will you take a sneak peek?
    That would be so great!

    How soon do these kinds of leaks start to happen guys? Maybe January? Earlier, later?
    It's usually a month earlier
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

  4. #529
    Heroic Warrior Stygian360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    It's usually a month earlier
    Inevitably spoilers will abound- and it's disgustingly easy to simply click through the link to see the reveals- but I will similarly seek to avoid seeing any pics until he drops into my mailbox. Lord, give me strength!!
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

  5. #530
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Arkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Inevitably spoilers will abound- and it's disgustingly easy to simply click through the link to see the reveals- but I will similarly seek to avoid seeing any pics until he drops into my mailbox. Lord, give me strength!!
    hahaha good luck with that!

  6. #531
    grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Inevitably spoilers will abound- and it's disgustingly easy to simply click through the link to see the reveals- but I will similarly seek to avoid seeing any pics until he drops into my mailbox. Lord, give me strength!!
    If you've ever searched for MOTU on e-bay, don't go on there. Even if you don't search, they'll be hawking MOTU stuff at you complete with pictures as soon as you sign in.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

  7. #532
    Heroic Warrior Stygian360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,542
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    If you've ever searched for MOTU on e-bay, don't go on there. Even if you don't search, they'll be hawking MOTU stuff at you complete with pictures as soon as you sign in.
    Not to mention that post person here who seems to get 'STOLEN' figures a few months before the rest of us- as someone else mentioned. When they post in a regular thread and the 'proof of the kill/bragging rights' pics inevitably sneak in there it may be unavoidable to see something. Hopefully the mods will be on the lookout and spoiler up said pics!
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

  8. #533
    film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    439
    its unicron - evil multiuniversal being
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

  9. #534
    Heroic Warrior sirsniffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jersey City, NJ
    Posts
    1,281
    I just had a crazy thought/theory...

    What if The Unnamed One is the child of Veena and D'Vann Grayskull (King Grayskull)? What if she was pregnant with a child before he passed away? What if that child is the first 'heir' to the powers of Grayskull, but something happened to it? What if Castle Grayskull and the powers require a sacrifice of the Sorceress' child? Veena sacrificed the baby...or THOUGHT she sacrificed the baby, but it actually lived and grew into something evil and sinister that vowed to claim the powers of Grayskull and destroy the Grayskull lineage?

    We know that He-Man (Adam) and She-Ra(Adora) are descendants of King Grayskull, but in order for this to be true, then he had to have had a child from somewhere to continue the line.

    This is a far fetched theory I know, but I don't think we ever found out just HOW Adam and Adora are descendants of a man who died and we never saw any heirs or children, and none were ever mentioned in MOTUC canon.

  10. #535
    Heroic Warrior Memnoch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    I just had a crazy thought/theory...

    What if The Unnamed One is the child of Veena and D'Vann Grayskull (King Grayskull)? What if she was pregnant with a child before he passed away? What if that child is the first 'heir' to the powers of Grayskull, but something happened to it? What if Castle Grayskull and the powers require a sacrifice of the Sorceress' child? Veena sacrificed the baby...or THOUGHT she sacrificed the baby, but it actually lived and grew into something evil and sinister that vowed to claim the powers of Grayskull and destroy the Grayskull lineage?

    We know that He-Man (Adam) and She-Ra(Adora) are descendants of King Grayskull, but in order for this to be true, then he had to have had a child from somewhere to continue the line.

    This is a far fetched theory I know, but I don't think we ever found out just HOW Adam and Adora are descendants of a man who died and we never saw any heirs or children, and none were ever mentioned in MOTUC canon.
    OK - but how would this child be responsible for the Snake Men who existed in Preternia? Nice theory but doesn't fit the facts that we know.

  11. #536
    Heroic Warrior sirsniffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jersey City, NJ
    Posts
    1,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
    OK - but how would this child be responsible for the Snake Men who existed in Preternia? Nice theory but doesn't fit the facts that we know.
    According to official Bios, the Unnamed One created the Snake Men foot soldiers, I don't think it was ever established that The Unnamed One actually created the whole race of Snake people. If it was established, can you point me to the source materials? I literally just started collecting MOTUC in 2012 and I am behind on a lot of lore.

    But his time of birth wouldn't matter if this creature was from the far future, or existed outside of normal time and space. Suppose this being exists in another dimension or in the far future, and has time travel abilities? The introduction of Spector, and the whole existence of the content in New Adventures means that time travel is indeed possible.

    Again, it's a reach, but I think it would be an ironic twist if The Unnamed One was the baby Veena 'sacrificed' to the powers of Grayskull not knowing that it would survive, become evil, and try to destroy King Grayskull and his whole lineage (using various machinations over different time periods).

    In any case, I can't wait to see what's under that question marked shroud!

  12. #537
    Heroic Warrior Memnoch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    According to official Bios, the Unnamed One created the Snake Men foot soldiers, I don't think it was ever established that The Unnamed One actually created the whole race of Snake people. If it was established, can you point me to the source materials? I literally just started collecting MOTUC in 2012 and I am behind on a lot of lore.

    But his time of birth wouldn't matter if this creature was from the far future, or existed outside of normal time and space. Suppose this being exists in another dimension or in the far future, and has time travel abilities? The introduction of Spector, and the whole existence of the content in New Adventures means that time travel is indeed possible.

    Again, it's a reach, but I think it would be an ironic twist if The Unnamed One was the baby Veena 'sacrificed' to the powers of Grayskull not knowing that it would survive, become evil, and try to destroy King Grayskull and his whole lineage (using various machinations over different time periods).

    In any case, I can't wait to see what's under that question marked shroud!
    In the MOTUC mini-comics King Hss asked Skeletor if he served the Unnamed One. Also, I believe it was stated somewhere along the way that Hss and his soldiers were created by the Unnamed One, thus making the Unnamed One the creator of the Snake Men. Either way, I will say confidently he has nothing to do with Grayskull.

  13. #538
    Ray of Sunshine Lookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Farmington Hills, MI
    Posts
    2,127
    Molar is under the shroud. But what it represents is a mystery.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

  14. #539
    Powerful Wizard Arvulis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In the Timeless Dimension
    Posts
    1,394
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    Molar is under the shroud. But what it represents is a mystery.
    WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT ?????????

  15. #540
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,336
    I jtill think it's a Snake Mountain guy

    - pure MOTU flair
    - almost 100% new sculpt
    - 2 heads
    - ties stuff together
    - Snake Mountain don't have a real origin so far

  16. #541
    Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    454
    As I posted over in the vintage forum, I've found evidence that suggests the vintage Unnamed One was Hordak--which probably isn't the case in Classics continuity. Plans for the 200X comic had him as the proto-Horde Prime, which again doesn't work with what Mattel's done. The only things I can find any support for that aren't more or less excluded by other Classics work are "Gorpo", based on a rumor about how the Son of He-Man era is supposed to develop in Classics (as distinct from Lou Scheimer's original proposal), or the Lords of Destruction imprisoned within/beneath Snake Mountain, from the 1987 style guide, from which Skeletor derives his power.

    (Thanks to Berserker79 for reminding me about the "Snake Mountain Man" possibility and thus the mysterious Lords of Destruction.)

  17. #542
    Heroic Warrior karg182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Midlands, UK
    Posts
    571
    Still hoping for a God Skeletor

    - comes with an energy burst (like that scene in the movie)
    - movie rights etc
    - that's all I've got!
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

  18. #543
    Stridor in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    5,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post
    the Lords of Destruction imprisoned within/beneath Snake Mountain, from the 1987 style guide, from which Skeletor derives his power.

    (Thanks to Berserker79 for reminding me about the "Snake Mountain Man" possibility and thus the mysterious Lords of Destruction.)
    I bet that is what/who Unnamed One is.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

    MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

  19. #544
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    - Snake Mountain don't have a real origin so far
    Snake Mountain is the physical remains of the God Serpos, as depicted in the Mike Young MoTU Series.

  20. #545
    Yuengling danielsan52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    2,230
    I wonder if the Teela/Goddess cobra armor will be explained in the Unnamed One's bio.
    Danielsan

    Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

    https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

  21. #546
    film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    439
    god skeletor appeared during the underground masters part so i doubt its him, and whos to say the second head is for the unnamed one! could be filmation skeletor, tieing him into demo-man.
    really we should be focusing on what screams motu; furry underwear, swords, magic, technology, barbarianism, sci-fi, etc
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

  22. #547
    Heroic Warrior jzachery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake_Man View Post
    Snake Mountain is the physical remains of the God Serpos, as depicted in the Mike Young MoTU Series.
    The part with the snakes wrapped around it is, what about the vintage Snake Mountain face? Maybe it's not there all the time, maybe it only comes out from time to time.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

  23. #548
    Scrolls Reviewer Jukka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    12,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    - Snake Mountain don't have a real origin so far
    -In Filmation Skeletor built Snake Mountain using the information obtained from the Golden Disks of Knowledge. There is even a Snake of Snake Mountain deep in the fortress.

    -In UK Comics Skeletor learned mystical powers before coming to Eternia and with the dark magics learned, he built Snake Mountain.

    -MYP as already stated, Snake Mountain was created in ancient times when the Elders imprisoned Serpos into a Rock Structure.

  24. #549
    scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Skeletor's back
    Posts
    1,654
    I know some mentioned the mountain's face, but what about the face on the vintage playset's metal gate?
    It could be the second head. It's also similar to the microphone-head.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

  25. #550
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,336
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    -In Filmation Skeletor built Snake Mountain using the information obtained from the Golden Disks of Knowledge. There is even a Snake of Snake Mountain deep in the fortress.

    -In UK Comics Skeletor learned mystical powers before coming to Eternia and with the dark magics learned, he built Snake Mountain.

    -MYP as already stated, Snake Mountain was created in ancient times when the Elders imprisoned Serpos into a Rock Structure.
    I'm talking about the Classics canon, which there isn't any real information about Snake Mountain

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •