Page 4 of 136 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unnamed one - Discussion Thread (Revealed! Spoilers!)

What is up with this line's manager?

2014 was supposed to be an "All-Star" year. But we're getting Standor (a figure in the likeness of a real person with ZERO previous connection with MotU), Goat Man (a questionably-designed D-list character from some obscure comic), and to crown it all the sub exclusive turns out to be The Unnamed One, who not only is an obscure D-list concept character at best, it is SO concept that it remained undesigned (no known vintage sketch, prototype or anything), being just a mere name (or lack thereof, since it doesn't even have a name).

Such characters do NOT belong IN ANY WAY in a supposedly "All-Star" year.
    Last edited by uaxuctum; July 20, 2013 at 04:03am.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    This will be the Unnamed one. Anti-Eternia He-man. Seriously people it is him. Mark my words.

wp07.jpg
    SUBSCRIBE OR DIE!!!: The death of a cherry picker. The continuing saga from the makers of MOTUC. The adventure begins in 2012.

UPDATE: THE CUTTING BLOCK!!!: The cherry pickers are now dead. These changes brought to you from the makers of MOTUC. The adventure begins in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    In Dan's walkthrough, TG said the UnNamed One is almost all a new tool, comes with multiple heads (as well as the comic) and is sort of a love letter to the fans! I wonder what is is?!?!?!
    Multiple heads? Maybe an Alcala He-man, Filmation Hordak or Filmation Skeletor head thrown in?

I'd like to see him as this crazy celestial/demon looking big bad! Like a Cross between Palpatine, Darkseid and Sauron (armor). Something amazing!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Standor and Goatman are both not in the 2014 sub. So you are not forced to buy them. The new year starts in January. The first quarter is Two-Bad, Glimmer, Modulok and Hydron. All A-listers from MOTU, POP and NA. I'd say that is a fantastic start. Imagine 2nd quarter being Scorpia, Rio Blast, Tung Lashor and Q2 oversized Madame Razz w/ Broom with Loo-Kee also packed in. I would say the first half of the year would be amazing. That is just wishful thinking ofcourse, but I'm confident each quarter (like the first) will have strong A and B list characters that most people want. And we're left with only so many, so they have to get to them eventually. Hang in there and sub, it'll be another great year.

The Unnamed one I'm pretty sure is going to be some Eternian deity,etc.... Maybe the one that "gave" the power that started the whole He-Man power that has been passed down through the centuries through the various He-Men (it had to start somewhere ). Imagine him kind of being like the Prometheus of Eternia This makes sense with what Scott said in the walk through video too when we realize who it is, we will all be like ahhhhhhhhh!--"why didn't we think of this" kinda moment

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    WTF is wrong with this line's manager?

2014 was supposed to be an "All-Star" year. But we're getting Standor (a figure in the likeness of a real person with ZERO previous connection with MotU), Goat Man (a questionably-designed D-list character from some obscure comic), and to crown it all the sub exclusive turns out to be The Unnamed One, who not only is an obscure D-list concept character at best, it is SO concept that it remained undesigned (no known vintage sketch, prototype or anything), being just a mere name (or lack thereof, since it doesn't even have a name).

Goat Man and Standor don't steal slots! The All-Star year is for the subs slots!
    Goat Man is outside the subs and it's a convention figure, the first year was TOD Sorceress (not essential), this year is Strobo (not essential) and now is Goat Man, since it can be hard to buy these figures it's good that they aren't essential IMO!
    Standor is a novelty figure, it's outside the MOTUC system, it's like Mo-Larr, the Mo-Larr box wasn't the SDCC exclusive it was an add on to the series.
    Uaxuctum, I read many of your posts on the org and I agree in many of them, but don't worry, Standor isn't stealin' slots or resources!

About the Unnamed One I can't say anythin', I want to see it then I'll judge!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Week 6, polls 23 vote for
    Snake Goddess!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I hope and pray that the Unnamed One is NOT a vintage figure which has not been released yet ! This could create a crazy backlash...

If it's a new character or a variation of a character, it would be much better. I hope we'll get some clue, anyway, OR that there will be some sort of leak about the Unnamed One's identity....

His name IS The Unnamed One. He's not a new character. He's mentioned in the original mini comics and in King Hsss's MOTUC bio. He's the Horde Prime type figure to King Hsss.

The "unnamed one" is basically the Horde Prime of the Snake men who King Hisss serves, he is the supreme leader of the Snake Men.

Just some green dude

Nah, he's gotta be something cosmic like Horde Prime, or Standor.

Just because he's called the Unnamed One doesn't mean he doesn't have a history or didn't have a name once perhaps in another time. Just sayin...

I am sure it won't be a character we already know. It will be an all new character - I am expecting something similar to Horde Prime but with snakey elements. I hope he makes use of Hssss' swappable torso design and gives us a better snake body we can use.

I think he will be purple.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic Warrior
    The "unnamed one" is basically the Horde Prime of the Snake men who King Hisss serves, he is the supreme leader of the Snake Men.
    You mean... Serpos !?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    You mean... Serpos !?
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking too, but it doesn't make much sense since Serpos would be a Granamyr size figure...

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    If the Unnamed One is a bigger, badder version of King Hsss, then I hope he comes with a 200X King Hsss body and the Earl Norem snakes -- stuff the fans have BEEN wanted for ages.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    You mean... Serpos !?
    Serpos was just an Epic Scale Beast. While the Snake Men worshipped him, it didn't mean the creature was sentient or gave orders.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    His name IS The Unnamed One. He's not a new character. He's mentioned in the original mini comics and in King Hsss's MOTUC bio. He's the Horde Prime type figure to King Hsss.
    If this is the case, I don't see how this figure is a love letter to the fans.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    New thing. Ancient God, dark demonic entity, alien consciousness, whatever.

Now mind you, if they made his true form the 200x Comics Dark Evil He-man Demon Final Form (my bet) that would be just toppers.

Just wait.

But whatever he is, even if just a green guy with a sword, I'll be happy. He's new, and new equals lifeblood. Give me more stories, more stuff.

The only way I could be dissapointed is if he did end up revealed as being someone else we already know previously. Luckilly he'll be a new thing.

Are there any pics of that floating about mate?

The Unnamed One is a character from the vintage mini-comic "Powers of Grayskull" like everyone has said.

It is referred that King Hiss serves him.
    - We don't know if he is a Snake Man. Nothing points there.
    - There has never been any concept art discovered.

The mini-comic writer has compared him as Palpatine-like character.

http://old.he-man.org/site_sects/spe...lt_grant.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Grant, mini-comic writer
    Backstories are often the missing link for many characters and how they tie into the current story. Hordak's past is one that frequently gives rise to many questions. One such question is centered on Hordak's comment that he had helped to build Central Tower. But what was he doing on Eternia so long ago? Unfortunately, fans may have to continue guessing. "To the best of my knowledge, it was never explained what he was doing on Eternia."

King Hiss and the Snake Men were also known to live on Eternia long ago. Yet, questions have arisen to who the "Nameless One" may be who was mentioned by King Hiss in The Powers of Grayskull: The Legend Begins!

"The 'Nameless One' had something to do with Keldor becoming Skeletor. I think he was their version of Emperor Palpatine, the great evil behind everything else. As with everyone else, there was no more backstory."

Outside of backstories, there were always things that never say the light of day. But, as the end of Masters of the Universe drew close, there's no telling what may have been under development. "There were probably characters on the boards that we never saw ... The only plans Mattel had for the series were to sell toys; the comic books depended entirely on which toys they decided to do ... There weren't plans for the series' future because there weren't plans, period."

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    If the Unnamed One is a bigger, badder version of King Hsss, then I hope he comes with a 200X King Hsss body and the Earl Norem snakes -- stuff the fans have BEEN wanted for ages.

- - - Updated - - -
    This is what I'm hoping for!!!

Heroic Warrior
    "The 'Nameless One' had something to do with Keldor becoming Skeletor.
    Hmmm... There are not a lot of possible choices.

From what I gather, the Nameless One is either :

- Demo-Man, since Demo-Man has something to do with Keldor becoming Skeletor. But it's not very likely, since we already got Demo-Man as a MOTUC action figure

- Hordak, since he's directly responible for Keldor becoming Skeletor.

- A totally new and unknown character we never heard about yet - other than the name "Unnamed One" given in that mini-comic. (Maybe the Great Black Wizard ? But it's just a wild guess)

- MAYBE Serpos, because Serpos and Snake Mountain (thus, Serpos and Skeletor) are linked !? Yes, I know Serpos is a beast, but it is also some kind of deity, so maybe it can take a humanoid shape of some kind ? Just another wild guess...

All of this is based on what we know... Now, there COULD be some more info about Skeletor's creation that we didn't get yet. BY THE WAY... I remember that a mini-comic was issued recently about Keldor becoming Skeletor... maybe the answer is in there ?
    Last edited by Prahvus; July 20, 2013 at 10:32am.

I took a peek...It's Orko unmasked!
    Have No Fear, Smith Is Here!

Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    This will be the Unnamed one. Anti-Eternia He-man. Seriously people it is him. Mark my words.

wp07.jpg
    That wouldn't make it an almost 100% New tool

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    If this is the case, I don't see how this figure is a love letter to the fans.
    why not wait and see what he looks like. It's going to be a Horsemen idea like Draego Man and Horde Prime.

Heroic Warrior
    It's going to be a Horsemen idea like Draego Man and Horde Prime.
    Sorry for asking, but... where did you hear or read this ? I'd be interested to know, because if it's true that the Horsemen are behind the idea and the design, it might be more appealing...

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    At the panel, it seems etty clear that the unnamed one is not the actual character we're getting, but just another way to say "mystery figure" i.e. it will be a real character, not the unnamed one. I took a photo underneath the cloth and you can see regular he-man boots - actually, the vikor type. Maybe 200x He-man? Or maybe just a placeholder as I m sure toyguru wouldnt have brught the true mystery figure to the con .
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.