Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your Support for the 2014 Sub

Show your Support for the 2014 Sub

I'm glad Scott didn't sound as desperate this year. With him sounding more confident I feel better about the likeliness of hitting the minimum number of subs. Over the past couple of days I have been working on a Support Video for the 2014 Sub. I know some fans hate "the begging" videos so I went with a slightly different angle this year. I mostly do it for fun, I love to make stop motion animated videos. Please feel free to share the video to help get the word out. If you want to show your support add to the thread your own videos or images to support the Sub!

Support the 2015 Subscription Video

Action Figure Adventures: a blog about toys and everything related to them. Check out our stop motion animated series featuring 80's and 90's toys.

It is hard to show support for 2014 when there was only two figures announced for 2014 that I want - Glimmer and Two-Bad. I would have liked Modulok if executed properly, but there doesn't seem to be enough pieces to make his Filmation look. I don't know, but after being a subholder since day one, I have to really think about whether I want to sub again. Mostly, the only characters left I want are POP and Filmation. The rest of the vintage line I could care less about, and I don't have any connection to NA. I would rather just move on and spend money elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    It is hard to show support for 2014 when there was only two figures announced for 2014 that I want - Glimmer and Two-Bad. I would have liked Modulok if executed properly, but there doesn't seem to be enough pieces to make his Filmation look. I don't know, but after being a subholder since day one, I have to really think about whether I want to sub again. Mostly, the only characters left I want are POP and Filmation. The rest of the vintage line I could care less about, and I don't have any connection to NA. I would rather just move on and spend money elsewhere.
    Might be time for you to become a cherry picker. I plan on subbing, you can buy my Glimmer barf.gif
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    There is no way I'm NOT going to sub, I've been in since day one, and I'll be here long afterward! (It's really just a matter of HOW MANY subs will I get this year....)

I just wanted to chime in and say that your video, Buzzchuck, is really, really cool!

Good job! Keep it up, I want to see more!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Im subbing up again this year.. my only question is am I going to bite on DCU too. That part of Mattypalooza left me very uninterested.

Loved the vid! Haha…"By the power of Mattel!" I'm on board as I have been since the beginning. Ordered my sub weeks ago! I'm very pleased with everything shown today!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm in for 2014. From the figures revealed I just don't like Max Ray huh... Hydron! The rest is all solid!

I'm in but considering I want a more obscure NA character as he is my childhood fav, I will sub til the end. I may though don my Bow costume for a sub push video if I need to.
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    There is no way I'm NOT going to sub, I've been in since day one, and I'll be here long afterward! (It's really just a matter of HOW MANY subs will I get this year....)

I just wanted to chime in and say that your video, Buzzchuck, is really, really cool!

Good job! Keep it up, I want to see more!
    There are plenty more goofy videos on my channel. (The Mighty Spector Review is kind of like this one)

I'm debating between 1 and 2 subs. I bought 2 last year because I was nervous about the line dying. I have no need for the extra figures other than the Horde Troopers. I'm also trying to make up my mind about the DC Sub.

Action Figure Adventures: a blog about toys and everything related to them. Check out our stop motion animated series featuring 80's and 90's toys.

I've subbed since day one but not excited at all about the reveals this year. Not one "I gotta have" figure.
    Visit me and be my friend...I like friends...LOL

http://www.facebook.com/MisterDeeJay2KX

I'm in! Haven't purchased yet but I will. Loved all the 2014 reveals!

Heroic Warrior
    im in!!! 1 or 2 is the question.
    My tribute to MOTUC video using still photos of MOTUC figures with filmation music : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ibute-to-MOTUC

I got my sub weeks ago.
    seeing Two Bad reaffirms I made the right choice!

I keep reading people saying that they dislike some characters revealed and will not be ordering 2014 subs, and that they'll cherry pick figures they do want on day of sales. The problem with that is, you don't know if those figures you want will even be available day of. People were warned last year and they ignored those warnings, and what happened when they announced Mantenna and Clamp Champ would not be available Day Of?

All heck broke loose and they pinned the blame on Scott and Matty, etc instead of acknowledging that they ignored the warnings.

Please, everyone! Support the line by subscribing! It's the best way to ensure the line continues and thrives! If there is a character that you don't want, sell it to a fellow .Org member who does want it! Plus there is always E-Bay!
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    Might be time for you to become a cherry picker. I plan on subbing, you can buy my Glimmer barf.gif
    I quit the line with Spikor, but I would really like to have Glimmer if she turns out looking like the proto. I think she's beautiful. If only Frosta had turned out like this.

I'll be subbing in a little while....I may have to wait now until towards the end....

But again....really with the $10.29 for the cheapest shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    Hydron was the only crap figure I saw....hopefully he has no DOS so I can sell him off....instead of it being Two-Bad or something....Two Bad would sell out even if he had 2011 DOS quotas....and I seriously don't want to be stuck with Hydron....Karatti I found a use for, but him....he has nothing I can even use for a custom.

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    I quit the line with Spikor, but I would really like to have Glimmer if she turns out looking like the proto. I think she's beautiful. If only Frosta had turned out like this.
    I like Frosta, she's my #2 Female...I get the swapped forearms (factory error, easy fix) and her iciness not being white enough....but, I don't get all the hate and dislike....
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Im in one sub for me, excited for this upcoming year everything looks good

Where is all the love for the sub? I'm getting nervous again!

Oh, I am all in for 2014 with multiple subs. I love everything they have revealed so far. I just have to wait until I get the funds to subscribe.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    I got two...down from three last year however I only got three every year because my buddy was buying them from me then after I purchased the 3 subs he backed out...I didn't care. I kept them to sell off later and made a few bucks off the ones I did get rid of.

I like the video too!!! very funny spector part!

Evil Spaghetti Eater Kobra Khan's Avatar
    Hey, I subbed in June before ANY reveal! I don't need any, I know that 2014 and 2015 will be chocked full of Classic, POP and NA characters. Let's make them happen!
    Pasta la vista, baby!

It's time to rally! Let's make 2015 happen!!

Where's the guy that ordered dozens of subs last year?
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    yodafreakmaster and I hope he doesn't have to do that again. It was super awesome but that was too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    yodafreakmaster and I hope he doesn't have to do that again. It was super awesome but that was too much.
    I bought a second sub after he started his drive last year.

Court Magician
    I will be ordering 4 subs just like I did in 2013 very soon. I haven't done it yet while I still pay off some of the SDCC exclusive madness lol. But I will sub to this line as long as it exists!

And I encourage ANY and ALL He-Man and She-Ra fans to do the same. I mean we really only need 2 more years, to have such an amazing collection covering all the main stuff an so much more. Granted I want the sub to last beyond 2015, but just 2 more years is all we really need. Everything after that's a bonus.

But if we lose it now, that's it. We will never have this chance again. Because if this amazing line fails, when ever will someone attempt a MOTU adult collector line?? And even if they do, will it even come near to the quality of this line, and will it have even remotely near the amazing selection of characters??

We need to keep this line going. We only need as many subscribers as we had in 2013. Surely we can do that.

And the fact that 2014 is only covering Vintage and A list characters is huge! No Fighting Foe Men, or weird concepts. Also, no big $75 dollar items making things to costly.

We can do this folks. Help keep this line going