View Poll Results: Does the change in scale for the new Mini-MOTU packs bother you?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I want them to match the scale of the SDCC exclusive set

56 73.68%
  • No, the change in scale doesn't bother me.

20 26.32%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini-MOTU: is a smaller scale ok with you?

Mini-MOTU: is a smaller scale ok with you?

Pics of the new Mini-Motu packs were shown at NYCC today. But, they look smaller than the set we received at SDCC. It's been speculated that, because of the Castle Grayskull pieces that will come with each set, that the figures themselves have been cost-reduced; scaled down.

Are you happy with this? Do you want them back to their original scale to match the He-Man and Skeletor exclusive set at SDCC? Is a smaller version not an issue for you? Vote, and then comment.

1395256_10100485052632444_99033537_n.jpg

Not happy. Likely passing on these. Had they been the same scale, I would have bought them.

Movie mayhem!
    And honestly kinda expensive for such small figures with minimal articulation.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    Not happy. Likely passing on these. Had they been the same scale, I would have bought them.
    I agree. What's the point if they are not a matching set? I'll be passing on these as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    I also agree.

The price point is too high. They are REALLY small. I saw them today at the con. They're nice but the price is insane.

6 two packs and a Grayskull front for $120???

This will be one time I let my wallet speak to Mattel.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    I didnt notice they were out of of scale. These are nice for an motu accent but I doubt im buying any if they are in scale or not. Let the scalpers buy em all and put em on ebay so they sell for 5 bucks and I I'll get em.

Apparently they didn't learn anything from Bandai's missteps with the Thundercats line.

My main issue with these is they're so cartoony. They look good, but I'd love to have some more serious looking mini statues based on the Classics. How cool would that look with the Icon Heroes Grayskull?
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    I messed up my vote......it doesnt make sense to make them smaller and they aren't worth the money they want for them IMO. Would have been bettee as a retail line tied into the game at a lower price point. I would have bought them all for my boys.

of course they shoulda matched, but so it goes. I wasnt really going to get this anyway, so I feel I cant vote. Doesnt bother me technically, since the scale is all over the place anyway, it shouldnt be a big deal.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, there isn't really an option on this poll that describes how I feel. I like 'em, and I'm sure I'll be getting these, but I certainly would have rather had them to scale with the SDCC set. I know I'm in the minority, but I'd actually pay an extra $5 for a set if they were in SDCC scale.

I already have two, now they pulled a damn Bandai with the new ones.

Plus it looks as if they kept the arms the same size but scaled the rest of them down....makes them look even worse, I seriously had high hopes for the little guys.... I don't need the damn Super Mario Thwompskull if they scaled back the figures just to do that.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I wonder how off the scale really is? I think I'll end up getting these anyway. In hopes they re-release another set of He-Man and Skeletor to match the scale.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

Snappy Threader
    The difference in size is a very questionable decision.

I'd be happy to lose the castle if it meant we could get them in the same size.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

I would prefer they be the same size. That said, I'm a sucker for these, and will still probably get them, especially as my daughter is majorly into mini-characters, from MLY to Care Bears to some old TMNT figures I have. (She doesn't know Daddy has cases full of Galactic Heroes to give her some day!)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I don't mind since I didn't get the SDCC set, so I will be starting fresh. I also like that they come with the Castle facade and, if successful, makes me hopeful we might see Snake Mountain next year, and the Fright Zone the following year. This could be a fun little collection for my boys and I to collect.

I do, however, like the look of the original two better, like Shadowfall1976 said it looks like the arms are bigger. I don't know if they are the same size, but they look too big for the new size.

Price is a major deterrent on these. I almost wish this was one set that included the castle and ALL the figures. At least then we wouldn't be paying for all the individual shipping fees.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

The scale problem is annoying. I'm uncertain whether I'll pick these up.

I would rather have larger figures, in scale with the SDCC figures, with no castle at a lower price.

If being smaller is the case, and these are called "Classics" now, I'd much rather see that dough go into the main line. Even of the budget is separate. We already have two that are larger, it's stupid to now make them smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    They made them smaller to add Grayskull? If that is why they did it, then I'm fine with losing the Castle....but as they are....yeah, too expensive to be made smaller, I don't care what comes with them.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    The price point is too high. They are REALLY small. I saw them today at the con. They're nice but the price is insane.

6 two packs and a Grayskull front for $120???

This will be one time I let my wallet speak to Mattel.
    Wow,even Duke dislikes.... Interested now to hear what Dan thinks as well.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I messed up my vote......it doesnt make sense to make them smaller and they aren't worth the money they want for them IMO. Would have been bettee as a retail line tied into the game at a lower price point. I would have bought them all for my boys.
    So....you're (in Borg speak) One of Seven?

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I'd be happy to lose the castle if it meant we could get them in the same size.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    The scale problem is annoying. I'm uncertain whether I'll pick these up.

I would rather have larger figures, in scale with the SDCC figures, with no castle at a lower price.
    Agree as well
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; October 11, 2013 at 09:37pm. Reason: typing on a Damn tablet, that's why....
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Of course I would prefer that they match the SDCC set.....

...with that said, I am glad that they are going through with the Mini-Masters, and if a change was to be made, it's better to have happened at the beginning rather than in the middle, no?

We might never have seen these happen at all. Now we're getting six sets! Who knows, maybe more videogames on the way too!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I'm fine with it, and honestly, I like small guys. The SDCC ones are nice, but I certainly can't complain about smaller, especially when they haven't made many yet. The Castle is neat, but I could go without it.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I find it amazing that the Four Horsemen can produce a small run of vastly superior Power Lords exclusives for Power-Con at the same price point. Can anyone explain how Mattel can justify charging $10 for these? These are such an utter rip-off.

Frankly, I feel like I was a fool for purchasing the Mini-Masters SDCC 2-pack. I bought it to show my support for more sets and I like it. Now, my support has lead to smaller figures? That was not what I intended. Worse, Mattel themselves tell me that the SDCC pack was a standalone thing but ask me to spend the same money for the upcoming sets just because of a C&C Grayskull that doesn't look so good actually? Well then, go ahead and try making someone else spend 120 bucks for those sets.

"Tanksh fro nohting", Mattel.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    I just dont see the sense in making these smaller, eye rolls, get rid of the castle and make them the same scale of SDCC.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

This is very disappointing. I was very excited for these, but not if they aren’t in scale.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Queen Angela, Lodar & Hunga the Harpy