View Poll Results: MOTUC Two-Bad: Purple Dripping into Blue or Color Separation?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vintage and Style Guide Purple Dripping into Blue

78 49.37%
  • Protype and Filmation Clean color Separation

80 50.63%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Two-Bad: Purple driping to Blue or Clean Separation?

MOTUC Two-Bad: Purple driping to Blue or Clean Separation?

For the MOTUC Two-Bad: Do you prefer:

stylevintage.jpg
    Vintage and Style Guide Purple Dripping into the Blue

or
    film motuc.jpg
    Prototype and Filmation Clean Separation of color?

I definitely prefer the vintage "dripping" style.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I know the dripping effect is vintage, but he looks better with a clean line down the middle

Clean for me.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Clean for me as well.

I think the dripping effect is cooler-looking, but quite honestly I'm pleased either way he comes
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

This isn't vintage, it's classics. That includes fixing some things that were wrong and improving them. Back in the day the purple dripping into the blue was ok, but now it's cheesy. Keep it like it is, straight down the middle. It looks perfect. MATTEL: please don't change it.
    [CENTER]MOTUC WISH LIST
    *Two-Badd*~*Snake Armor He-Man*~*Tung Lashor*~200x Sorceresss~Calix ~*Mantenna*~*NA Skeletor*~*200x King Hisss*~*Ninjor* ~Evilseed

Dripping for me, but I'm afraid this would mean altering, albeit slightly, the sculpt (the skin texture should follow the dripping lines)

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Two-Bad is perfect either way but if I had my druthers, I would like him with the "dripping" of colors. Metaphorically, it would better represent the antagonism and dissonance that each half has towards the other. The "clean" break makes it seem as if each half is at peace with the other. I like my Two-Bad to be so belligerent that he fights everyone including himself.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by J-West View Post
    That includes fixing some things that were wrong and improving them. Back in the day the purple dripping into the blue was ok, but now it's cheesy.
    How is the blue blending into the purple wrong or cheesy. This character is a melding of two separate characters, it would be pretty logical to see the colors blend in certain points. I mean, they weren't perfectly, surgically grafted together by a world class surgeon.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Prefer the "dripping" but it's all good either way.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    purple dripping for me, please.

Like nanoFatato said, if the colors spilled over, the sculpt should be altered to show it. Just having a purple splotch of paint on Tuvar's blue after all that great detail on Bhadras side would look ugly and cheesy. If it's truly a blending of two separate characters, then they shouldn't be the same height. Bhadra's side should slump down. I'm happy with what we got. I'm not one to complain cause the classics version doesn't look exactly like the vintage figure. I owned the vintage figure, I want something new. The Horsemen/Mattel should only change something of greater importance, IMO something like Adora's outfit (give her the female 2.0 buck) or like the Grayskull door situation. Not Two-Bad's old color design. In the immortal words of Skeletor, "Don't like it? Too bad!" but seriously, I hope they don't listen to the complaints and leave it the way it is
    Last edited by J-West; July 20, 2013 at 05:35pm.
    [CENTER]MOTUC WISH LIST
    *Two-Badd*~*Snake Armor He-Man*~*Tung Lashor*~200x Sorceresss~Calix ~*Mantenna*~*NA Skeletor*~*200x King Hisss*~*Ninjor* ~Evilseed

Clean for me.
    Kuduk Ungol for MOTUC. All steeds for MOTUC. Fully-articulated Cringer for MOTUC. Point Dread and Talon Fighter for MOTUC.

I will take some purple dripping please.

I won't be too concerned if we don't get it though.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Simple and Clean!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Simple and Clean!
    Kingdom Hearts reference?
    [CENTER]MOTUC WISH LIST

Quote Originally Posted by nanoFatato View Post
    Dripping for me, but I'm afraid this would mean altering, albeit slightly, the sculpt (the skin texture should follow the dripping lines)
    Like nanoFatato said, it the colors spilled over, the sculpt should be altered to show it. Just having a purple splotch of paint on Tuvar's blue after all that great detail on Bhadras side would look ugly and cheesy. If it's truly a blending of two separate characters, then they shouldn't be the same height. Bhadra's side should slump down. I'm happy with what we got. I'm not one to complain cause the classics version doesn't look exactly like the vintage figure. I owned the vintage figure, I want something new. The Horsemen/Mattel should only change something of greater importance, IMO something like Adora's outfit (give her the female 2.0 buck) or like the Grayskull door situation. Not Two-Bad's old color design. In the immortal words of Skeletor, "Don't like it? Too bad!" but seriously, I hope they don't listen to the complaints and leave it the way it is
    The sculpt does not need to be altered. The scales actually are not right down the middle on his belly, so the paint would not match when it is right down the middle on the current sculpt anyway. You can just put the paint apps on this way for the drips going into the blue. The blue can go into the scaly side a little just like the purple can go into the smooth side a little.

I find it fascinating how divisive this is. It's hard too see who wants what here. Seems most filmation folks want clean, but many detailed oriented people want it both ways! It must be something to do with the scientific measurement of beauty and symmetry, and artistic aesthetics that need to be measured in odd partitions, not even. May even have somthing to do with fractals, but that is just getting alittle too geeky.. Fascinating.
    Last edited by darkmoon766; July 20, 2013 at 05:41pm.

Yes, it was a Kingdom Hearts Reference!!

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    The sculpt does not need to be altered. You can just put the paint apps on this way for the drips going into the blue. The blue can go into the scaley side a little just like the purple can go into the smooth side a little.

I find it fascinating how divisive this is. It's hard too see who wants what here. Seems most filmation folks want clean, but many detailed oriented people want it both ways! It must be something to do with the scientific measurement of beauty and symmetry, and artistic aesthetics that need to be measured in odd partitions, not even. Fascinating.
    The problem is that it would look like a sloppy after thought and cheap. Then again I never liked the purple bleeding into the blue when I was a kid.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

The problem is that it would look like a sloppy after thought and cheap. Then again I never liked the purple bleeding into the blue when I was a kid.
    The sculpt clearly has scales on the blue side on his belly.

Nice! I love KH. And I agree with you 100 percent. It would look sloppy. I like how they did something new and different and split it right down the center

To me it looks like the scales end before the split in the center

The Horsemen did an excellent job on him. There's always more complaints than compliments
    Last edited by J-West; July 20, 2013 at 06:02pm.
    [CENTER]MOTUC WISH LIST

Keep it clean!! I'm actually pleasantly surprised that they fixed this decades old problem. It bothered me as a child that the purple guy seemed to dominate.

To me it looks like the scales end before the split in the center

The Horsemen did an excellent job on him. There's always more complaints than compliments
    scalesblue.jpg

This isn't a complaint so much as a preference. There are plenty of other things to complain about (see horde troopers)

There was also a LOT of awesome stuff that was revealed! Over all I think everything was great.

Again, this coloring thing is just a preference, there is not a right or wrong way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Keep it clean!! I'm actually pleasantly surprised that they fixed this decades old problem. It bothered me as a child that the purple guy seemed to dominate.
    Amazing! This issue and its divisiveness and the reasons why people like one or the other is fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I can see 2 slight lines blending over, but I'm sure the Horsemen had a reason for not making the purple spill over. Maybe if they thought it was visually pleasing they would have done it, but that's pure speculation on my part lol. I'm actually enjoying this debate right now cause that means Two-Bad is finally coming!
    [CENTER]MOTUC WISH LIST

I was referring to the Right leg. Now on the torso, I don't NEED a "surgical split-in half" look. I just don't want one side bleeding too much into the other like the Right leg issue on the vintage figure.